PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Since it appears to be a x86 CPU (actually x64, I believe), could it run OG Xbox games in emulation? :lol:

EDIT: Casey, if it supports 8GB of RAM, it'll have to be an x64 CPU of some flavor. Memory addressing above 4GB doesn't work on anything x86 from either side of the CPU house. 3GB-4GB needs special tricks for x86 CPUs.

[quote name='shrike4242']Since it appears to be a x86 CPU (actually x64, I believe), could it run OG Xbox games in emulation? :lol:

EDIT: Casey, if it supports 8GB of RAM, it'll have to be an x64 CPU of some flavor. Memory addressing above 4GB doesn't work on anything x86 from either side of the CPU house. 3GB-4GB needs special tricks for x86 CPUs.[/QUOTE]

After I posted that I did start thinking about the ram limitation. I wasn't sure if that was an OS limitation or an actual hardware limitation.

Thanks for clarification.

I'm glad I had it opened before it started on my iPhone. Tried opening it on the ipad and comp and its damn near impossible on any site. Servers = hammered.

[quote name='srac84']that game wasn't special lol looks like a ps3 game..[/QUOTE]

Too much going on for a ps3 game.

The ps4 sounds like a power hog with it 'always' being on.

[quote name='srac84']that game wasn't special lol looks like a ps3 game..[/QUOTE]

Honestly, that could of been on the PS2. What is the purpose of showing a game that doesn't harness next gen technology???

[quote name='lastemp3ror']Honestly, that could of been on the PS2. What is the purpose of showing a game that doesn't harness next gen technology???[/QUOTE]

?

[quote name='Snake2715']and piss off all the early adopters, no way. to quick to drop the price.[/QUOTE]

They did it with the PS3, they dropped the price down to $500/$400 a few months after release.

I must be old because all this "friend" integration means nothing to me. I usually game alone unless I am doing competitive MP.

REMOTE PLAY! Proper remote play? Better be!

Answer "PlayStation Vita".

"Goal = make almost every PS4 title playable on the PS Vita". Sold.

I think I missed the good stuff in the first half hour.

---
Watching other people play games online? I get bored sitting out, waiting for my turn watching my friends play madden.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I must be old because all this "friend" integration means nothing to me. I usually game alone unless I am doing competitive MP.[/QUOTE]

This. I play games mostly on my own.

[quote name='josh5890']this. I play games mostly on my own.[/quote]

+1, I buy consoles to play games and watch movies, not Facebook or anything in that aspect

[quote name='cancerman1120']I must be old because all this "friend" integration means nothing to me. I usually game alone unless I am doing competitive MP.[/QUOTE]

Shit I don't even do MP.

I didn't need it to play Zelda and Mario, I don't need it now.

Give me a fun single player experience.

Seriously. I don't give a shit about spamming my Facebook or Twitter with useless crap about a game I'm playing. I also don't give a shit about remote play as I don't share a television with 25 different people.

[quote name='DT778']I think I missed the good stuff in the first half hour.

---
Watching other people play games online? I get bored sitting out, waiting for my turn watching my friends play madden.[/QUOTE]

You didn't miss much, most of the talk was about how much a ps4 wants to be a PC but act as a console, I wonder who copied who, Nintendo or Sony.

"Cerny also confirmed a secondary chip that handles all downloading, so that downloads can be performed in the background. PS4 titles are also playable as they're being downloaded. "

I'm pretty behind but this is arguably the best thing I've seen. Hopefully this also means games are automatically updated and can still be played.

EDIT* 8GB of DDR5 memory... :drool:

bread's done
Back