PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

I guess the days of getting a game on release day on PS+ will be out of the question unless it releases on that tuesday. ie . Jets Set and a few others. Am happy though now just add all titles to my list then shut off my PS3

So they announced a new style for ps+. Starting next month each platform will receive two titles and they will be available for the month. See titles for June below:

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

There's no telling if this will be all the games available, the past two E3s Sony has changed out their yearly Plus offerings at E3. Maybe they are just going to this way now. Which makes sense because it's similar to what Microsoft did with Games with Gold.

Side note: I was thinking with the Sony E3 Experience in theaters, the people that show up will receive a Playstation Packet and a Free Gift. I bet they give out PS+ cards or something. Could you imagine if they gave out Vitas or something. A lot of people say the Vita sales are low but all Vita powers buy a lot of content.
That is pretty damn cool.

Love that they are rotating games monthly. Huge value here for those with all three systems (PS3, Vita, PS4). I'm happy. :D

Thanks for the update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished up Transistor last night. Good, but short if you aren't in to challenge rooms, new game+ play through or trophy hunting. I'll probably replay it someday, but doubt I'll do all the challenge rooms.

I love the game so far, I've been trying to do the challenge rooms. I'm trying to do as much as I can because I don't always replay my games. Although, I did just get my first PS4 platinum (infamous:SS).

What makes it so certain that it's exclusive to the ps4? Dark Souls came to the 360 so I think this might have a chance to make it to the X1 at some point. If not then I will definitely get a ps4 for this game cause I'm a huge fan of the Souls series and this does look great.

What makes it so certain that it's exclusive to the ps4? Dark Souls came to the 360 so I think this might have a chance to make it to the X1 at some point. If not then I will definitely get a ps4 for this game cause I'm a huge fan of the Souls series and this does look great.
because demon souls was a ps3 exclusive. even if this ends up not being demon souls 2. project beast was deemed by multiple insider sources as a ps4 exclusives. it is like people arguing about whether titanfall will come out on ps4, when it was deemed a xbox one exclusive.

because demon souls was a ps3 exclusive. even if this ends up not being demon souls 2. project beast was deemed by multiple insider sources as a ps4 exclusives. it is like people arguing about whether titanfall will come out on ps4, when it was deemed a xbox one exclusive.
I guess we will have to wait for more information at e3, but If it's a new souls series I wouldn't be shocked to see it go multiplatform. I think it would be dumb to shut out so many of their fans by going exclusive. Day one buy for me either way.

Supposedly Sony is helping to fund the game like they did with Demon's Souls.

If that's the case then it will most definitely be a PS4 exclusive. If this is true hopefully Sony actually supports the game in North America/Europe (as opposed to what they did with Demon's Souls) now that the series is a proven franchise.

This game and the rumored 2K football game are the top of my list for this year's e3.

This game and the rumored 2K football game are the top of my list for this year's e3.
A rumored NFL game or something like All-Pro Football 2K8? I haven't seen these rumors, but I remember reading articles earlier this year where high ups at EA claimed their deals had not expired and they still had a number of years left on their separate deals with the NFL and NFLPA.

The thing I think a lot of people don't take into account when hyping a potential 2K NFL game is that even if 2K were to pay up and acquire the NFL license, they would have to make a whole game from scratch. They haven't made a football game since 2007(All-Pro) or an NFL game since 2004(2K5). I could see an NBA Live 14 situation if 2K they tried to get back into NFL games.

As weird as it is, Sony owns the "Demon souls" franchise. Dark Souls, while similar, is owned by Bandai Namco which is why it was multiplat. From Software made all 3 but the dude that did Demon Souls and Dark Souls didn't do Dark Souls II because hes been focused on Project Beast.

Hope if 2k does make a football game it is better then all star in 2008.
That game has features and does things that Madden still hasn't accomplished. Although that game could have been done a lot better. In terms of it's Franchise features, but the gameplay is top notch.

The thing I think a lot of people don't take into account when hyping a potential 2K NFL game is that even if 2K were to pay up and acquire the NFL license, they would have to make a whole game from scratch. They haven't made a football game since 2007(All-Pro) or an NFL game since 2004(2K5). I could see an NBA Live 14 situation if 2K they tried to get back into NFL games.
2K has the blueprint on how to make a great spots game. The game modes, the presentation, all they have to do there is copy NBA 2k. However, in terms of gameplay on the field, its top notch. Those old 2K games were always deemed less than Madden because reviewers really don't understand the game of football, and thus were ill equipped to review the game properly. They could make a good football game without the License; just allow everything to be customized and for people to share made up rosters and created teams. If they do that, people will create what they need to enjoy the game.

The rumor is that 2k is going to present a concept video for football fans and the nfl at e3 this year that is supposed to wow people. That could mean all sorts of things, but the idea of NFL videogames freeing itself from the monopoly that is Madden is one of the biggest wins for gamers/comsumners in a long while. Madden has been riddled with problems since the start of last generation and becuase of the utter lack of competition (monopoly) they've had no reason to make a quality product.

After their original exclusivity contract with the NFL ended EA stated that they still were licensed to make NFL games but recently they have not commented on their exclusivity.

Keep in mind this is all speculation as it is a rumor (there are youtube videos discussing the matter with a few sources stating the same info).

I would love to see other companies jump into NFL football (Sony's MLB The Show is steller) if EA's exclusivity is truly gone.

2K has the blueprint on how to make a great spots game. The game modes, the presentation, all they have to do there is copy NBA 2k.
NBA 2K is a good franchise and always gets brought up in these conversations, but what about MLB 2K? I don't play baseball games, but that franchise was mediocre or worse from what I read about it. MLB 2K13 was a straight up roster update, which is something gamers always unfairly criticize Madden for. They had no baseball competition outside of a Sony exclusive, yet they didn't even bother renewing their license and making 2K14. Don't get me wrong, as a football fan, I would love for Madden to have some competition, but I would have realistic expectations regarding 2K or any other new football franchise.

As far as making a non licensed game goes, I don't think they would sell enough copies without the NFL. I'm guessing that's what happened with All Pro 2K8. I'm sure the 2K diehards would buy it, but most people don't know or care about 2K VS EA, they just want an NFL game.

The rumor is that 2k is going to present a concept video for football fans and the nfl at e3 this year that is supposed to wow people. That could mean all sorts of things, but the idea of NFL videogames freeing itself from the monopoly that is Madden is one of the biggest wins for gamers/comsumners in a long while. Madden has been riddled with problems since the start of last generation and becuase of the utter lack of competition (monopoly) they've had no reason to make a quality product.

After their original contract with the NFL enfer EA stated that they still were licensed to make NFL games but recently they have not commented on their exclusivity.
A presentation at E3 would be interesting, but only if they show actual gameplay and not the crap EA showed at last years E3 that didn't translate to the PS4/X1 version of the game. It is interesting that EA has commented as recently as January on still having the license for "a number of years", but didn't specifically mention exclusivity, which I assume they would want people to know.

I agree, competition is good, which is why I hope EA doesn't give up on NBA Live and someone else picks up the MLB license.

Definitely agree.  I love 2K and what they did with the NBA series the past 2 generations, but 2K14 on the PS4 kind of left a bad taste in my mouth (audio glitches, barebones menus, random glitchy gameplay).  Game looks gorgeous but you can tell that they are starting to slack off with development of the series.  If EA ever got their act together with Live I bet you we would have an ever better product from 2K because of competition. 

The 2K football news is exciting because I feel they were on the verge of greatness at the end of the PS2/Xbox life cycle with ESPN NFL 2K4/5. Could have been NFL that was their leading sports brand instead of NBA you never know.  Also if 2K does throw their hat into the mix this will force EA to make a better product and finally address the issues that everyone has been wanting them to correct for years. Win-win for the consumer. 

According to HHG, 2k has been scanning NFL players faces.  Also, there was a rumor that 2K may be contracted to develop Madden for EA.  HHG reported this a couple of months ago.  It would be awesome to have multiple football games again.  

After their original exclusivity contract with the NFL ended EA stated that they still were licensed to make NFL games but recently they have not commented on their exclusivity.

Keep in mind this is all speculation as it is a rumor (there are youtube videos discussing the matter with a few sources stating the same info).

I would love to see other companies jump into NFL football (Sony's MLB The Show is steller) if EA's exclusivity is truly gone.
madden 25 next gen is pretty dang good from a person that has played madden since the first one in 89. madden had couple good years this past gen. Main problem with madden is they have no clue who they want to make the game for. One year the game feels arcade the next it feels like real football.

I don't understand the love for 2k all stars the game play was nothing new just 2k5 with fancy look. Plus if they want to make football game they CAN'T use nba 2k engine which has no real physics. Madden physics improved between madden 13 and madden 25 and rumors is it's only going to get better for madden 15.

[quote name="AFRO insomniac" post="11805019" timestamp="1401588593"]Definitely agree. I love 2K and what they did with the NBA series the past 2 generations, but 2K14 on the PS4 kind of left a bad taste in my mouth (audio glitches, barebones menus, random glitchy gameplay). Game looks gorgeous but you can tell that they are starting to slack off with development of the series. If EA ever got their act together with Live I bet you we would have an ever better product from 2K because of competition.

The 2K football news is exciting because I feel they were on the verge of greatness at the end of the PS2/Xbox life cycle with ESPN NFL 2K4/5. Could have been NFL that was their leading sports brand instead of NBA you never know. Also if 2K does throw their hat into the mix this will force EA to make a better product and finally address the issues that everyone has been wanting them to correct for years. Win-win for the consumer. [/quote]

I hope you are right but I don't see the NFL choosing to move away from an exclusive license. 2K would have to outbid EA for the license, plain and simple.

madden 25 next gen is pretty dang good from a person that has played madden since the first one in 89. madden had couple good years this past gen. Main problem with madden is they have no clue who they want to make the game for. One year the game feels arcade the next it feels like real football.
NFL 2K4, a game released 10 years ago is a more fundamentally sound football game than Madden 25 on the PS4.

There are countless videos showcasing how broken the game is.

EA basically stripped Madden from the PS2 era to it's core starting with Madden 06 on 360/PS3 (absolutely horrible game) and has slowly been adding incremental pieces each year to sell as "features".

They claim to be sim football and have high standards but everyone knows that Madden in its current iteration is a broken arcade game.

Some people don't care that the quality is bad because there is no other alternative, sadly nothing you can do to change that because of the previous exclusivity license. Ridding the genre of that license would be a giant step in the right direction for everyone.

NFL 2K4, a game released 10 years ago is a more fundamentally sound football game than Madden 25 on the PS4.

There are countless videos showcasing how broken the game is.

EA basically stripped Madden from the PS2 era to it's core starting with Madden 06 on 360/PS3 (absolutely horrible game) and has slowly been adding incremental pieces each year to sell as "features".

They claim to be sim football and have high standards but everyone knows that Madden in its current iteration is a broken arcade game.

Some people don't care that the quality is bad because there is no other alternative, sadly nothing you can do to change that because of the previous exclusivity license. Ridding the genre of that license would be a giant step in the right direction for everyone.
you go off what you read and see? what was last madden you played? if you change sliders and stuff like that you get a game that is very fun to play. i was in the main cag league this past madden and those sliders made the game a blast to play. Just like those people that went crazy over back breaker because of real time physics and in the end game was trash made me lol. out side of nba 2k has sucked with sports games after the nfl games stop.

If it is Demon's Souls 2, I would bet money that it will be a multiplat. No point in making it Playstation exclusive when Dark Souls was made for both PS and XB
If Project Beast does turn out to be Demon's Souls 2, I would gladly take you up to your offer and take your money since Sony owns the IP for Demon's Souls. Sony Japan worked with Form Software to develop Demon's Souls for the PS3, like actual hands on development work and not here's some money work.

Dark Souls was a multiplatform game because it was just a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls.

Only thing I hate about the PS4 is how easily the rubber on the analog stick peels. I hadn't experienced this common problem until now because I was only really playing adventure games and stuff. Analog hitting on MLB The Show is killing my analog sticks now. Never had this problem on PS3. 

I still thinks it's a bad batch or something with the faulty sticks on the DS4... My launch one is still in perfect shape and I've probably put hundreds of hours worth of gaming sessions into it already.

I didn't have the problem until analog hitting on MLB The Show. I gotta switch to timing simply because I don't want to buy another controller. 

Then again analog hitting on PS3 didn't wear down the controller this much. 

Sony will replace controllers for the peeling. Apparently they know they had a bad batch.

Or you can buy some silicone grip caps to pop on the sticks pretty cheap.

Peeling happens a lot on sticks like that. I have always had peeling on concave sticks ms had used since first xbox and I never had peeling on ps3 sticks.

So the internet is suggesting we might see a network improvement update for the PS4/PSN this week. It would definitely be a welcomed improvement if it happens.

Peeling happens a lot on sticks like that. I have always had peeling on concave sticks ms had used since first xbox and I never had peeling on ps3 sticks.
The 360 controller never peeled for me, but those little dots on the controller wore down to where there was no raised bump anymore. But it was still playable.

Is a DS4 without the rubber still playable?

I would imagine that anybody who does any kind of up/down analog gameplay is going to see peeling in the down direction. Think MLB The Show's analog hitting. The peeling is right where you would expect it to be, in the down direction. Never saw peeling on the PS3 version of The Show.

If Tiger Woods Golf was on PS4 you'd see the same thing.

I still thinks it's a bad batch or something with the faulty sticks on the DS4... My launch one is still in perfect shape and I've probably put hundreds of hours worth of gaming sessions into it already.
Lucky you. If only I didn't have to be a responsible adult with a full time job and bills to pay...

Lucky you. If only I didn't have to be a responsible adult with a full time job and bills to pay...
Well so do I? I sometimes work 50-60 hours a week... I just have no kids and am married so I don't have a reason to go out on weekends and gaming is mine and my wife's main hobby.

Just because I game a lot doesn't mean I lie around the house gaming and eating Doritos all day. :/

Well so do I? I sometimes work 50-60 hours a week... I just have no kids and am married so I don't have a reason to go out on weekends and gaming is my mine and my wife's main hobby.

Just because I game a lot doesn't mean I lie around the house gaming and eating Doritos all day. :/
What flavor?

you go off what you read and see? what was last madden you played? if you change sliders and stuff like that you get a game that is very fun to play. i was in the main cag league this past madden and those sliders made the game a blast to play. Just like those people that went crazy over back breaker because of real time physics and in the end game was trash made me lol. out side of nba 2k has sucked with sports games after the nfl games stop.
I have played Madden every year since 95, NFL 2k5 was the only year I skipped Madden because of 2k5, and the only previous years game i still own and still play. It was the greatest achievement when it came to football games. It had the best presentation with football games having NFL live and Chris berman do highlights from every game each and every sunday! The first person camera was tough to use but an amazing extra feature. They had the create your own team and play celebrities based off their tendencies when they played the game. The crib where you could customize a house by winning in the game to get credits. And the franchise was just that, a full fledged franchise. Like has been said, Madden keeps adding "features" that have been in the game in the past and they just bring it back because it hasn't been in the game for a while and people are like wow I can't wait.

If 2k had of stayed around... man I could only imagine what both games would look like. EA needs the competition so they actually push themselves with innovating the game. Yea Madden 25 is a great game, but what can you really compare it to when they are the only football game on the market?

You also realize that the football publisher is the one in charge of NBA now, and the NHL and MLB were done by completely different 2k developers. So yes they have sucked, but the team in charge of football and basketball have been nearly perfect. Sad news is they can only do Basketball thanks to EA's scared tactic of getting exclusivity. Let's also not forget that NFL 2k5 cost $20 new when it came out! Sorry but to have one of the long standing "greatest football games" title and only had cost $20 at release... that was a big deal and EA got scared... threw the money at the NFL and boom, Madden becomes king by default.

Did you even play 2k5? Heck you can go back to it now, and besides the bad graphics due to the time, it still holds up!

I have played Madden every year since 95, NFL 2k5 was the only year I skipped Madden because of 2k5, and the only previous years game i still own and still play. It was the greatest achievement when it came to football games. It had the best presentation with football games having NFL live and Chris berman do highlights from every game each and every sunday! The first person camera was tough to use but an amazing extra feature. They had the create your own team and play celebrities based off their tendencies when they played the game. The crib where you could customize a house by winning in the game to get credits. And the franchise was just that, a full fledged franchise. Like has been said, Madden keeps adding "features" that have been in the game in the past and they just bring it back because it hasn't been in the game for a while and people are like wow I can't wait.

If 2k had of stayed around... man I could only imagine what both games would look like. EA needs the competition so they actually push themselves with innovating the game. Yea Madden 25 is a great game, but what can you really compare it to when they are the only football game on the market?

You also realize that the football publisher is the one in charge of NBA now, and the NHL and MLB were done by completely different 2k developers. So yes they have sucked, but the team in charge of football and basketball have been nearly perfect. Sad news is they can only do Basketball thanks to EA's scared tactic of getting exclusivity. Let's also not forget that NFL 2k5 cost $20 new when it came out! Sorry but to have one of the long standing "greatest football games" title and only had cost $20 at release... that was a big deal and EA got scared... threw the money at the NFL and boom, Madden becomes king by default.

Did you even play 2k5? Heck you can go back to it now, and besides the bad graphics due to the time, it still holds up!
I'm not even a football fan and I owned and played the crap out of NFL 2K5... lol

bread's done
Back