PS2 games are 75% off at Gamestop

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if anyone has made a thread yet but they have all PS2 games for 75% off

oFMNIRp.jpg

Got this haul for $25 :)

Damn, I really can't remember if my Gamestop still has PS2 games or not...I think I'll go check once I get my car back from the shop. Did someone also say GBA games are 75% off?

Damn, I really can't remember if my Gamestop still has PS2 games or not...I think I'll go check once I get my car back from the shop. Did someone also say GBA games are 75% off?
They might technically be 75% off but that happened a long time ago. I would be surprised if any stores still had stock.

Some places still have a few GameCube and GameBoy Advance games, it doesn't hurt to ask -- I picked up Odama at 75% off.

I just took an inventory of what I found and yup, its a lot.  I'm still looking for RPGs, though, so if there's anything anyone wants and has spares of Ar Tonelico 2 or 3, dot Hacks, Suikodens, etc., drop me a message.  I can probably find what you're looking for, aside from the super rare stuff like Rule of Rose or Haunting Ground (which, again, I'd be willing to trade for on the million-to-one chance of a CAG finding one and wanting to part with it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Virtually nothing even in the drawer I got to look at I couldn't do without. Skipped Marvel Ultimate Alliance, some Sly games, etc.

Just one amazing grab. Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence with box/manual.

I shouldve looked thru the store nearest me more but i got ddr extreme 2, supernova, supernova 2, max, max 2, and ddr X for $5.26. I also got Technic Beat for free cuz it rang up at $0.00 so if you see that game get it just cuz its free. I had $4.51 in store credit sitting there since March so it cost me $0.75 total.

I'm looking for the same stuff as everyone else - the .hack / .hack G.U. games, Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, Suikoden V.  I've found tons of stuff, the problem is so much of it is scratched to hell...

Virtually nothing even in the drawer I got to look at I couldn't do without. Skipped Marvel Ultimate Alliance, some Sly games, etc.

Just one amazing grab. Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence with box/manual.
Found document of metal gear solid 2 perfect in box with manual why on earth was it there I have no idea

...I had no idea Haunting Ground was rare.  I picked it up years ago for maybe 10 bucks from GameCrazy.  I would love to find a Rule of Rose hanging around though, and a Subsistence limited edition.

It can't be impossible, my local store just sold a brand new FFXI with the HDD and everything a few months ago.

Yeah why are the megami games so cheap on amazon? Heavy production run?
Nocturne and the Digital Devil games were reprinted (along with Devil Summoner, actually). I'm not sure if P4 was reprinted or just had a gigantic print run to begin with.

BTW I have some PS2 games I'm looking for if anyone is willing to check. Generally not looking for the rarer RPGs. I'd be happy to trade anything I picked up although they really didn't have anything *amazing* at my stores.

[attachment=2140:CAM00077.jpg][attachment=2141:CAM00079.jpg]

Both my hauls from yesturday and today. Going to another Gamestop tomorrow.

All the games i've gotten so far:

01) Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

02) Arctic Thunder

03) Auto Modellista

04) Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

05) Bard's Tale

06) Beyond Good & Evil

07) Castlevania: lament Of Innocence

08) Clock Tower 3

09) Dark Cloud

10) Devil May Cry

11) Devil May Cry 2

12) Devil May Cry 2

13) Devil May Cry 3: Dantes Awakening

14) Devil May Cry 3: Dantes Awakening

15) Devil May Cry 3: Dantes Awakening Special Edition

16) Devil May Cry 3: Dantes Awakening Special Edition

17) Drakengard

18) Fatal Frame

19) Fight Night Round 2

20) Final Fantasy X-2

21) Final Fantasy XII

22) Gun

23) Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

24) Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

25) Hitman: Contracts

26) Hitman: Blood Money

27) Hot Shots Golf Fore!

28) Ico

29) Ico

30) Ico (CIB)

31) Indigo Prophecy

32) Manhunt 2

33) Mercenaries

34) Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

35) Playboy: The Mansion

36) Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time

37) Prince Of Persia: Two Thrones

38) Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within

39) Raiden III

40) Red Faction

41) Resident Evil Code: Veronica X

42) Resident Evil Outbreak

43) Resident Evil Outbreak: File #2 (CIB)

44) Rogue Galaxy

45) RPG Maker III

46) Shin Magami Tensei: Nocturne

47) Shin Magami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

48) Shin Magami Tensei: Persona 4

49) Silent Hill 2

50) Silent Hill 3

51) Silent Hill 4: The Room

52) Silent Hill 4: The Room

53) Summoner

54) Summoner 2

55) Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror

56) Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow

57) Syphon Filter: Omega Strain

58) Time Crisis: Crisis Zone

59) Tomb Raider: Anniversary

60) Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness

61) Wild Arms 3

These were free

- Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (DEMO)

- Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly (CASE, ARTWORK, MANUEL) They couldn't find the game

Total: $138.30 (That's $2.27 per game so far)

I'm going to check GS in the morning, but right now all this PS2 talk is really making me want to play Rogue Galaxy...my backlog will not like this. On the other hand, I'm moving in to a house with three friends soon, and they'll sure be impressed with my selection of unplayed games!

Picked you 2 games today. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga & Tales of Legendia Pefect condition ;)
I assume you picked those up at the Noland road store in Independence, MO? I cleaned out a bunch of their stuff and left those there because I wasn't interested in them.

Dont tell me your a reseller
No I'm not actually. I will flip games here and there but I don't have time or interest in reselling games. Just not into JRPGs too much. By cleaning out I meant adding to my collection. I just recall the other poster has mentioned stores in my area before and I recall that Gamestop having those games specifically. Also it's the only store in the area that carries ps2 games.

lol none of you are going to play half of these games for those that loaded up on like 100 games.

They could be good re-sells down the road though.

...I had no idea Haunting Ground was rare. I picked it up years ago for maybe 10 bucks from GameCrazy. I would love to find a Rule of Rose hanging around though, and a Subsistence limited edition.

It can't be impossible, my local store just sold a brand new FFXI with the HDD and everything a few months ago.
I enjoy this post on the sheer mention of Game Crazy. I worked at one for 5 years and loved it. I also got Haunting Ground dirt cheap only because I was into anything remotely like a survival horror game. It's rare now? Makes me wish I bought Rule of Rose back in the day too but I never ended up getting it. Damn I miss that place. We didn't jack up prices of games just because ebay sales were higher on it and used games NEVER were priced higher than new games like Gamestop did with Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles. Granted they lowered them now but not by much. I am glad I got those when they both launched and don't have to go nuts looking for them. But yea I wish I got Rule of Rose just cuz.

I enjoy this post on the sheer mention of Game Crazy. I worked at one for 5 years and loved it. I also got Haunting Ground dirt cheap only because I was into anything remotely like a survival horror game. It's rare now? Makes me wish I bought Rule of Rose back in the day too but I never ended up getting it. Damn I miss that place. We didn't jack up prices of games just because ebay sales were higher on it and used games NEVER were priced higher than new games like Gamestop did with Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles. Granted they lowered them now but not by much. I am glad I got those when they both launched and don't have to go nuts looking for them. But yea I wish I got Rule of Rose just cuz.
I wish I had shopped at Game Crazy since everyone says it was awsome. On a side note, I own Rule Of Rose (CIB) already so If I find one on my gamestop searches I'll sell it to a fellow CAG for a reasonable price.

I worked at GameCrazy too back in 2007-2008. It was sorta on its way out then, the writing was on the wall. It seemed like I got hired into a good thing just as it turned sour. I've always heard it was amazing to work there before then and I would imagine so as I worked for EB Games in like 2006 just as GameStop took over and it wasn't nearly as bad on pushing EDGE cards and pre-orders.

GameCrazy got pretty bad, at least management around 2008 with pushing stuff. But overall it was a very fun place to work. I ended up working with two good friends at my store and I even managed my store for two months during March-May 08, doing events for Smash Bros, GTA IV and Mario Kart Wii which were a blast.

I also love hearing old GameCrazy stories. Seems like it was a great place to be before it tried to become GameStop and before Hollywood Video bought Movie Gallery which I think is what lead to their demise. I think MG had like $100 million in debt that HV never took care of. Personally I wish HV had survived

I assume you picked those up at the Noland road store in Independence, MO? I cleaned out a bunch of their stuff and left those there because I wasn't interested in them.
I checked yesterday Noland Road have lot titles in stock but i have to work. I stopped after 5pm everything is GONE. I see you are the bad boy 1 step a head :)

Stopped by one of my local stores today while doing some errands, not a ps2 game in sight. Oh well, probably better anyway, I already have quite a ps2 backlog.

Grabbed a ton more games.  My pocket hates me.  Got some good stuff methinks.

All disc only

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2  $9.00  

Sakura Wars  $4.05

Ape Escape 2   $2.25

The Suffering: The Ties That Bind    $2.03

Phantom Brave    $1.57

Beyond Good and Evil   $1.35

Way of the Samurai   $1.35 

Metal Gear Solid 3   $1.13

Final Fight "Streetwise"   $0.90

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2   $0.90

River King: A Wonderful Journey  $0.67

Worms Forts: Under Siege   $0.67

Dragon Rage   $0.67

Star Trek: Encounters   $0.67

Star Trek: Shattered Universe

Air Force Delta Strike   $0.67

Dynasty Warriors 2   $0.67

True Crime: Streets of LA   $0.67

Jak 2   $0.67

SD Gundam Force Showdown   $0.67

Spy Hunter 2   $0.67

Cold Winter   $0.45

Onimusha   $0.45

Hitman Contracts   $0.45

Finny the Fish   $0.45

Myst 3: Exile   $0.45

PK: Out the Shadows   $0.45

Auto Modellista   $0.45

Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007   $0.45

SSX on Tour   $0.45

Activision Anthology   $0.45

Dynasty Tactics   $0.45

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 7   $0.45

Kessen 2   $0.45

Red Faction   $0.45

Spiderman   $0.45

Rygar   $0.45

Smuggler's Run    $0.45

+a ton of free games

I've picked up Megaman X Collection and Legaia 2 so far.  Hoping to find Shadow Hearts Covenant and From the New World, Suikoden 3, 5 or Blood Will Tell.

Grabbed a ton more games. My pocket hates me. Got some good stuff methinks.

All disc only

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 $9.00

Sakura Wars $4.05

Ape Escape 2 $2.25

The Suffering: The Ties That Bind $2.03

Phantom Brave $1.57

Beyond Good and Evil $1.35

Way of the Samurai $1.35

Metal Gear Solid 3 $1.13

Final Fight "Streetwise" $0.90

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 $0.90

River King: A Wonderful Journey $0.67

Worms Forts: Under Siege $0.67

Dragon Rage $0.67

Star Trek: Encounters $0.67

Star Trek: Shattered Universe

Air Force Delta Strike $0.67

Dynasty Warriors 2 $0.67

True Crime: Streets of LA $0.67

Jak 2 $0.67

SD Gundam Force Showdown $0.67

Spy Hunter 2 $0.67

Cold Winter $0.45

Onimusha $0.45

Hitman Contracts $0.45

Finny the Fish $0.45

Myst 3: Exile $0.45

PK: Out the Shadows $0.45

Auto Modellista $0.45

Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 $0.45

SSX on Tour $0.45

Activision Anthology $0.45

Dynasty Tactics $0.45

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 7 $0.45

Kessen 2 $0.45

Red Faction $0.45

Spiderman $0.45

Rygar $0.45

Smuggler's Run $0.45

+a ton of free games
Good Deal ;) You don't need Playstation Now :)

How long is the sale going on?

And for everyone, if you know your local gs employees well you can ask them to get a game you want from a local store in a "Distro" I had a copy of shadow hearts shipped from a store that was 75 miles away.

Stopped in on one store that supposedly had no PS2 games . $120 later finished up my collection rather nicely . They had a huge box of games in the back  . Got almost all the ones I wanted ... hell even a few I didn't know I wanted ( Dog's Life ? Why not ) . Interesting thing was that they had a ton of the .02 cent games . They rang up at .00 they just threw them in the bag .

That was 4-5 years ago. They just clear out games by generation, whenever they are two generations old. GBA > DS > 3DS, PS2 > PS3 > PS4, etc.

Wasn't GBA like 2 years ago? 4-5 seems more like GB/GBC.
Yup. GB/GBC was back in 2008 or 2009. I still remember the old NES clearances that FINALLY took place in the late 90's, and the SNES/Genesis clearance, N64, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, and PS1 clearances. Xbox (original), GBA, and Gamecube were the most recent.

Ahh, my bad. The assistant manager at my nearest store is a reseller, so I didn't get to buy anything from either of those clearances. :(

I only mentioned GBA to point out that the GBA stuff is still 75% off. I only know because a store near me has or had a couple accessories left last fall.

Did anyone still need the playstation 2 network adapter for the fat ps2? My store had 3 of them and I found the disk to install it in an old box of mine.

well I had to drive 50 miles out of the way, but I got my Haunting Ground. My total haul

Haunting Ground
Think Fast cib
Resident Evil Outbreak file 2
Grandia 3
Shadow of Rome
Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends
Valkyrie Profile 2
Xenosaga Ep1
Viewtiful Joe 2
Under the Skin
Indigo Prophecy
GrimGrimoire
Baulders Gate Dark Alliance 2

Did anyone still need the playstation 2 network adapter for the fat ps2? My store had 3 of them and I found the disk to install it in an old box of mine.
I have been looking for one if you don't mind. My store used to have a bunch and then they shipped them off to who knows where since they weren't at the other stores that still had PS2 stuff.

I worked at GameCrazy too back in 2007-2008. It was sorta on its way out then, the writing was on the wall. It seemed like I got hired into a good thing just as it turned sour. I've always heard it was amazing to work there before then and I would imagine so as I worked for EB Games in like 2006 just as GameStop took over and it wasn't nearly as bad on pushing EDGE cards and pre-orders.

GameCrazy got pretty bad, at least management around 2008 with pushing stuff. But overall it was a very fun place to work. I ended up working with two good friends at my store and I even managed my store for two months during March-May 08, doing events for Smash Bros, GTA IV and Mario Kart Wii which were a blast.

I also love hearing old GameCrazy stories. Seems like it was a great place to be before it tried to become GameStop and before Hollywood Video bought Movie Gallery which I think is what lead to their demise. I think MG had like $100 million in debt that HV never took care of. Personally I wish HV had survived
Yea man I worked at mine from December of 2004 up until my locations closing in May 2010 due to company wide bankruptcy. You started working there after the first bankruptcy. Yes they had 2 different types. The first one closed lots of store, the second one ended it all. My game crazy side actually closed first but I stayed on and worked on the Hollywood Video side for 2 more months during the liquidation phase.

But yea around the time you said management got on us for pushing memberships, preorders, and warranties. They just didnt know how to run a video game company. You cant run it the same as a normal business. gaming is different than retail clothing stores or fast food chains.

But the job was great at first cuz we had old school stuff. I attribute most of my video game collection (2700+ games and counting) to working there. When we stopped taking in classic games and only sold from the PS2/Cube/Xbox generation and forward, it got the BEST and i'll tell you why. Right before it, old games got DIRT cheap. we started having like 5 for $10 sales so I was getting popular old school titles for dirt cheap. But when the games were gone and we officially couldnt take them anymore, people would still bring them in to trade cuz they had no idea where to go with them since Gamestop stopped long before us. So we were given the green light to buy them off people for ourselves, at least at my store.

I'd get BAGS of N64 games for $1-2 a piece. I am talking Mario 64, mario kart 64, mario party 1 and 2, stuff that, at the time anyway, was going for $20-30 on ebay. Keep in mind, I told EVERY customer honestly that they could sell them for more online and many I told actual prices to cuz I flipped duplicates I got here and there and kept the good ones. But most people couldnt be bothered to sell online so they hooked me up. I felt bad taking games from people without letting them know. I would talk about my game collection and people would sometimes GIVE me bags of classic games for FREE because they saw how passionate for gaming I was and wanted to contribute. Plus, they would spend the money I gave them in the store anyway so I still helped Game Crazy get money. lol

When we were in liquidation, we could hold as much stuff as we wanted behind the counter in hollywood video (we transferred the remaining game crazy games there to sell from one spot) as long as we promised to buy them by the end. I got 60+ games for $0.80 EACH, new, used, it didnt matter. It was also lots of good stuff too. I got over 80 strategy guides for FREE ( i held about 60 for myself but the remaining ones i took and sold some duplicates online cuz the guy who comes in and buys everything on last day to resell online couldnt take the books). I also got about 40+ DVDs also for $0.80 each. It was my best gaming/movie haul to date. I also got our spinner magazine rack from game crazy in my living room with a good chunk of my guides on it (i own too many to fit them all).

Best part... I have the 3ft tall Master Chief replica statue we had when the store opened. It was a promo piece for Halo 2. The arm broke off around 2009 (some idiot child hung onto it with all his weight and it snapped) but we glued it back on so it looks just fine. haha My coworkers let me have it because i was there from the 4th day that my store was open and stayed until its final day. Best job I ever had and even though my current job pays twice what I got there, it's nowhere near as fun and Gamestop is a joke and I know 3-4 people who worked there and hated every second saying it paled in comparison to Game Crazy. Good god I miss it so bad

I am going to check my store again (the ones i got the DDR games at. I was pressed for time and Just wanted those cuz I knew they had them and soon im gonnna have the room for my DDR mats again to go nuts like I used to ages ago). But they had put out disc only games too.

Now I am a perfectionist and HATE disc only ANYTHING (odddly enough i dont mind cartridge games having no box. go figure). But I officially own exactly 300 PS2 games and every single one of them has a booklet and box too (sadly SOME are greatest hits... a plague on game collecting). So I am anxious to see. Another one I goto had some last time I went, but this sales been going for weeks now so I bet there's slim pickins.

I can deal with disc only if theres some rarer titles.

Side note: any way to know which games are $0.00? Any list anywhere? I can guarantee the game Technic Beat, is $0.00

I am going to check my store again (the ones i got the DDR games at. I was pressed for time and Just wanted those cuz I knew they had them and soon im gonnna have the room for my DDR mats again to go nuts like I used to ages ago). But they had put out disc only games too.

Now I am a perfectionist and HATE disc only ANYTHING (odddly enough i dont mind cartridge games having no box. go figure). But I officially own exactly 300 PS2 games and every single one of them has a booklet and box too (sadly SOME are greatest hits... a plague on game collecting). So I am anxious to see. Another one I goto had some last time I went, but this sales been going for weeks now so I bet there's slim pickins.

I can deal with disc only if theres some rarer titles.

Side note: any way to know which games are $0.00? Any list anywhere? I can guarantee the game Technic Beat, is $0.00
I'm the same way usually but most of the games were <$1 so it was hard to pass them up if they were decent.

Yea if I see like RPGs or big time titles I'll probably grab them anyway. I glanced quick but saw like the first sly game and smugglers Run, both of which I own complete. lol I didn't see anything amazing but I was on my way somewhere and just hopped in quick cuz i was there 2 days prior but didnt know about the 75% off, so i swung by on my way somewhere just to grab the ddr stuff i saw cuz all i owned was DDR Extreme. So I shall check 2 stores tomorrow (theres 4 in my general area where i live but 2 are mall stores and got rid of PS2 games and shipped all to the stand alone store that I just went to. So 2 stores to check more thoroughly tomorrow as it is my day off from work.

Monday I am going to WWE Monday Night Raw in Providence, RI. So I got a fun next few days ahead of me. :)

well I had to drive 50 miles out of the way, but I got my Haunting Ground. My total haul

Haunting Ground
Think Fast cib
Resident Evil Outbreak file 2
Grandia 3
Shadow of Rome
Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends
Valkyrie Profile 2
Xenosaga Ep1
Viewtiful Joe 2
Under the Skin
Indigo Prophecy
GrimGrimoire
Baulders Gate Dark Alliance 2
Was it worth the gas wasted

Yea man I worked at mine from December of 2004 up until my locations closing in May 2010 due to company wide bankruptcy. You started working there after the first bankruptcy. Yes they had 2 different types. The first one closed lots of store, the second one ended it all. My game crazy side actually closed first but I stayed on and worked on the Hollywood Video side for 2 more months during the liquidation phase.

But yea around the time you said management got on us for pushing memberships, preorders, and warranties. They just didnt know how to run a video game company. You cant run it the same as a normal business. gaming is different than retail clothing stores or fast food chains.

But the job was great at first cuz we had old school stuff. I attribute most of my video game collection (2700+ games and counting) to working there. When we stopped taking in classic games and only sold from the PS2/Cube/Xbox generation and forward, it got the BEST and i'll tell you why. Right before it, old games got DIRT cheap. we started having like 5 for $10 sales so I was getting popular old school titles for dirt cheap. But when the games were gone and we officially couldnt take them anymore, people would still bring them in to trade cuz they had no idea where to go with them since Gamestop stopped long before us. So we were given the green light to buy them off people for ourselves, at least at my store.

I'd get BAGS of N64 games for $1-2 a piece. I am talking Mario 64, mario kart 64, mario party 1 and 2, stuff that, at the time anyway, was going for $20-30 on ebay. Keep in mind, I told EVERY customer honestly that they could sell them for more online and many I told actual prices to cuz I flipped duplicates I got here and there and kept the good ones. But most people couldnt be bothered to sell online so they hooked me up. I felt bad taking games from people without letting them know. I would talk about my game collection and people would sometimes GIVE me bags of classic games for FREE because they saw how passionate for gaming I was and wanted to contribute. Plus, they would spend the money I gave them in the store anyway so I still helped Game Crazy get money. lol

When we were in liquidation, we could hold as much stuff as we wanted behind the counter in hollywood video (we transferred the remaining game crazy games there to sell from one spot) as long as we promised to buy them by the end. I got 60+ games for $0.80 EACH, new, used, it didnt matter. It was also lots of good stuff too. I got over 80 strategy guides for FREE ( i held about 60 for myself but the remaining ones i took and sold some duplicates online cuz the guy who comes in and buys everything on last day to resell online couldnt take the books). I also got about 40+ DVDs also for $0.80 each. It was my best gaming/movie haul to date. I also got our spinner magazine rack from game crazy in my living room with a good chunk of my guides on it (i own too many to fit them all).

Best part... I have the 3ft tall Master Chief replica statue we had when the store opened. It was a promo piece for Halo 2. The arm broke off around 2009 (some idiot child hung onto it with all his weight and it snapped) but we glued it back on so it looks just fine. haha My coworkers let me have it because i was there from the 4th day that my store was open and stayed until its final day. Best job I ever had and even though my current job pays twice what I got there, it's nowhere near as fun and Gamestop is a joke and I know 3-4 people who worked there and hated every second saying it paled in comparison to Game Crazy. Good god I miss it so bad
How can someone have so much stuff lol

bread's done
Back