PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked up the drive-in that's 5-10 minutes from my house.  They show three movies at $8.50 per person.  Kids 6-12 are $1.  

Hot dogs are also $1 (advertised on their website with this classic gem as seen in Grease).

hotdog.gif

They usually play second run movies, so prices are pretty much in line with those.  I can see how they can stay in business with that price if they have a loyal group of people that waits to see movies. 

I did not realize that Best Buy would haul away your old TV for free if you buy a TV over 51". Thats a damn good deal for a guy like me that has a huge projection TV that no one wants!

TV I would get right now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-65-class-64-5-diag--led-1080p-smart-hdtv-black/1078018.p?id=1219465276796&skuId=1078018

Free delivery and haul away policy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/special-offer/pcmcat312600050000.c?id=pcmcat312600050000
Good choice, that Tv will be amazing!

The Xbox deal is worse: $55-$65. https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/The-Telltale-Games-Collection/e119e46c-88bc-46a8-8330-0ab11be37f1e#gameDetailsSection

But I did notice this from the page on the Xbox store: "PLEASE NOTE: If you purchase this bundle, do not repurchase the Tales from the Borderlands Season Pass. You will have access to Episodes 2-5 when they are released." No mention of GoT, for some reason.
Below the price it lists that it comes with the GoT season pass.

Cartwheel discount isn't active anymore.
But it will be again down the road. My point is you passed on a PS4 at $340+tax (minus whatever employee discount you get) and that's a better deal than the $400 bundle with the PSTV Since the price is gonna drop like a rock. Although if you have a BB mover's coupon it gets more interesting...

I ordered a movie on Amazon and the USPS tracking says it was delivered Friday. I checked my mail Saturday and it wasn't there and just checked it today and still a no show. Do I contact USPS and/or Amazon? I've never had this happen before. Also, I already checked my front and back yard and the neighbor's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a movie on Amazon and the USPS tracking says it was delivered Friday. I checked my mail Saturday and it wasn't there and just checked it today and still a no show. Do I contact USPS and/or Amazon? I've never had this happen before.
USPS delivery usually means that UPS carried it to your local USPS hub, not that it was delivered to your home. The post office then delivers the package to you, but they can take however long to deliver it to your house and you have no way to track the progress. It's a stupid, shitty system that really needs to go away.

USPS delivery usually means that UPS carried it to your local USPS hub, not that it was delivered to your home. The post office then delivers the package to you, but they can take however long to deliver it to your house and you have no way to track the progress. It's a stupid, shitty system that really needs to go away.
I know how the system works. The package came from in state (their warehouse is about 2 hours away) and the tracking has never been wrong. Due to the holiday I gave it an extra day in case they made a mistake.

I attempted to contact USPS but was on hold forever so I gave up. Amazon is sending me a replacement. I really don't understand how it says it was delivered to the mailbox. Hopefully this was just a one time mistake. The postal employees are usually really good here.

Edit Finally got ahold of USPS and they're going to look into it and should call me back within 72 hours. Amazon said to notify them if the original shows up. I definitely don't need 2 copies of ScarJo moaning lol.

Nice sales! We've gotten a lot free through PS+ so I'll only be picking up Child of Light on Vita. Otherwise I was tempted by Shadow of Mordor and FC4, but I'll probably beat them and get rid of them so I'll use GameFly instead.

Actually, I might buy that cheap $1.49 game pharmacrest mentioned.

I don't see why anyone would want to pay that much for the TT collection unless you just have to play it right now; every series included will eventually hit that $5 range during one sale or another.

Just got a $70 Galaxy Squad LEGO set at Toys R Us on clearance for $35, wooo!
We were able to pick up just about all the GotG, X-Men, and Lego Movie sets my son wanted at TRU and Target when they were getting clearanced out at 50% off. Got a few of the DC ones too.

My wife found one hidden in the sporting goods section and snatched it up. I told her she should have left a note saying "thanks sucka!"

We were able to pick up just about all the GotG, X-Men, and Lego Movie sets my son wanted at TRU and Target when they were getting clearanced out at 50% off. Got a few of the DC ones too.

My wife found one hidden in the sporting goods section and snatched it up. I told her she should have left a note saying "thanks sucka!"
Crap, did any of those include the Lego hulk? I wanted to get that guy but obviously couldn't justify the set just for that. I never thought to watch for them on clearance.

Curious how drive ins can even make money showing 2 new releases together when theaters get such a small portion of ticket sales that they they stay in business purely on concession sales. I mean shit, I douvt anyone even buys food at the drive in. Just get some mcdonalds or hot cheetos.
Do you even overhead bro?

I can't even imagine the heating and cooling costs on one of those megaplex theaters.

Any thoughts on Child of Light at $6? Might be a good game for my new PSTV bundle...
A lot of people in here didn't like it. I'm not sure how far they got into it, but the beginning is a bit slow. Once you get past that it's really good, though. One of my favorites of last year for sure. Great music, really nice party system, nice skill progressions, fantastic visuals, and the time element of the battle system was very unique and changed it from being a boring turn-based system.

Any thoughts on Child of Light at $6? Might be a good game for my new PSTV bundle...
Why bother getting it for your Vita TV if you could get it for PS4? I don't know the exact specs, but I'd imagine the resolution would look better and it would run better on a PS4, and all 3 versions are the same price.

Also it's super boring and don't buy it.

Yeah, I should start going in there more often. There were some other sets on clearance but only for like $5-10 off. They're having a B1G1 40% off sale today on certain sets but that isn't very much savings overall and I wasn't really trying to spend money either.

Crap, did any of those include the Lego hulk? I wanted to get that guy but obviously couldn't justify the set just for that. I never thought to watch for them on clearance.
The one my son built this past week did. It is one of the cooler mini-figs if you can really call it that. I am sure my wife got it on clearance since that is the only time we buy the bigger sets.

ETA: Same one Topside got.

Why bother getting it for your Vita TV if you could get it for PS4? I don't know the exact specs, but I'd imagine the resolution would look better and it would run better on a PS4, and all 3 versions are the same price.

Would there be advantages to the suspend part of the vita or can you save whenever you feel like it? I'm sure it's wicked boring but I also know that I'll end up playing it sooner or later either because of PS+ or less than $5 so it'd be good to know which version to root for.

I'd probably pee my pants if they put modok in one of these marvel movies. All over the floor, it'd be so gross but I wouldn't be able to help it.

Wait, it's not Cross-buy? Never mind then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back