Resistance 3 - $9.99 @ Best Buy with @Gamer Coupon

kulsechsky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just got back from Best Buy where I picked up Resistance 3 for $9.99 after using a $20 coupon found in the June issue of @Gamer Magazine. The game was marked on the shelf for $34.99 but rang up as $29.99.

The magazine can be bought at Best Buy for $4.99 or you can sign up for the Gamers Reward Zone for $14.99. Signing up subscribes you to the magazine for a year and you are also eligible for the $20 gift card for pre-ordering certain titles (details found in another thread).

EDIT:
Here's a list of the other coupons in June's Issue.

NEW:
Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat - $20 off (PS3/X360)
Dragon Age II - $15 off (PS3/X360)
Resistance 3 - $20 off (PS3)
Soul Calibur V - $20 off (PS3/X360)
SSX - $30 off (PS3/X360)

PRE-OWNED:

MLB 11:The Show Pre-Owned - $20 off (PS3)
Any Pre-Owned Game $29.99 or above - $10 off (shows PS3 and X360 game but no mention of system)

ACCESSORIES:
Tritton AX Pro Gaming Headset - $40 off (PS3/X360/PC/MAC)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nakanenui']Does Resistance 3 have an online pass? Just something to be aware of if buying a used copy.[/QUOTE]

Why would u get a used copy when its $10 for a new one?

[quote name='nakanenui']Does Resistance 3 have an online pass? Just something to be aware of if buying a used copy.[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='ObiBen']I haven't played any of the Resistance games, but I know that 3 is supposed to be the best. This is very tempting. Do I need to play the first two?[/QUOTE]
Get it! It's amazing. I didn't like the first two but I enjoyed this hell of a ride. Worth $20 If you ask me.

Does anyone know if this is a permanent price drop? I signed up last Fridays for the assassins creed revelations game and I haven't gotten my June issue yet.

[quote name='Wiendog']Does anyone know if this is a permanent price drop? I signed up last Fridays for the assassins creed revelations game and I haven't gotten my June issue yet.[/QUOTE]

You just signed up last Friday. Good luck to you if you get the June magazine

[quote name='k1ngster']What's the point of doing this?[/QUOTE]

Ahhh I'm glad you asked my friend ! You see its simple. My money is going to be a little tight for the next week or two so I'm just going to trade the resistance 3 copy I have now to gs for a 5/25 deal as I need trade bait and since I still want the game for my ps3 collection I'll just replace it later in the month when my funds will be back to normal :)

[quote name='hiamiyumi']You just signed up last Friday. Good luck to you if you get the June magazine[/QUOTE]

I saw in the other thread that if you show them in store that you're an unlocked member, they may scan a coupon for you. Can anyone vouch for this?

[quote name='Wiendog']I saw in the other thread that if you show them in store that you're an unlocked member, they may scan a coupon for you. Can anyone vouch for this?[/QUOTE]

This would be YMMV because the coupon instructs the cashier to marked the coupon void when used and to keep it. HOWEVER, if you guy from the guy working at the gaming section then he/she might know that signing up for Gamer's Club means you won't get a magazine for another month or two and they might hook you up. If that doesn't work I would just talk to the manager and explain the situation and pour on the charm.

Hey guys i i didn't know i needed to wait a month after signing up to receive my first mag:cry:

Would i just need to ask nicely in store to receive Junes mag or should i try customer service so maybe they
can email me the coupons

[quote name='Mcast']Hey guys i i didn't know i needed to wait a month after signing up to receive my first mag:cry:

Would i just need to ask nicely in store to receive Junes mag or should i try customer service so maybe they
can email me the coupons[/QUOTE]

just ask in store. They are supposed to give you your first mag when you sign up. Just explain to them you didn't get it and they'll likely give you one and you can use the coupon.

[quote name='Mcast']Hey guys i i didn't know i needed to wait a month after signing up to receive my first mag:cry:

can email me the coupons[/QUOTE]
The two Best Buys I frequent are always nice and they just let me use the coupons after they confirm I'm an unlocked member. I talk to the people in the gaming department, never had to go to customer service or contact a higher up so I'd try them first.

Thanks guys heading out to store right know even if i don't get Junes mag free I guess $15 isn't bad either

[quote name='mtxbass1']Just signed up for the gamers unlocked on Sunday. Hopefully I'll get my magazine soon...[/QUOTE]

When you sign up they don't just give you the current issue right off the rack? I know Gamestop did that when I did the PUR membership. I got the current GI magazine and the next issue started my subscription thru the mail.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']When you sign up they don't just give you the current issue right off the rack? I know Gamestop did that when I did the PUR membership. I got the current GI magazine and the next issue started my subscription thru the mail.[/QUOTE]

When I signed up for @Gamer a few months ago they did give me the current issue. Not sure how typical that is though.

[quote name='fueledbytrueman']When I signed up for @Gamer a few months ago they did give me the current issue. Not sure how typical that is though.[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to be SOP, and packages out for free. We do it with everyone that signs up, most of the time if we have back issues we give those too (if the person wants them).

just came back picked up Resistance 3 for $10 bucks the guy working helped me out gave me a free copy of the mag thanks again cags!!!

[quote name='Mcast']just came back picked up Resistance 3 for $10 bucks the guy working helped me out gave me a free copy of the mag thanks again cags!!![/QUOTE]

Very nice! I too, came back from BB on my lunch break and the employee said that as long as I'm a member that's unlocked he can scan the coupon. Thanks for all your help! I got the game for $10!!

Now I'm debating whether to pick up Rage as well for $10.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Anyone who wishes to send a coupon my way is more than welcome to do so.[/QUOTE]

Just get the fucking sub for the mag, its 15 $ for a year !!!!!!!!

Didnt get my mag again today, so I just decided to go in store and buy a copy and grab R3 and DA2. I'll pick them both up again once I get my subscription mag in the mail and give it to my brother since his Bday is soon.

I'm confused about this unlocking business. Are the coupons restricted now?

Can't I just waltz in and pick the mag up off the shelf, then buy the mag and the game with coupon at the same time like I used to? I haven't subscribed because I only really want the coupons about twice a year so far.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']I'm confused about this unlocking business. Are the coupons restricted now?

Can't I just waltz in and pick the mag up off the shelf, then buy the mag and the game with coupon at the same time like I used to? I haven't subscribed because I only really want the coupons about twice a year so far.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. Last time, I bought the mag first. Then buy the games and then tell the cashier to use the coupon that I just purchased. I am an unlocked member but getting the monthly mag digital and they just send me an email to print out my coupons. Those coupons are one time use and tie into my unlock account. But the coupon from the mag can be used by any game club member.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Anyone who wishes to send a coupon my way is more than welcome to do so.[/QUOTE]

Either buy the magazine, get the 15/yr sub, or STOP BEGGING.

[quote name='ZombieToast']No.[/QUOTE]

Then go away and leave the thread to people who are willing to subscribe or buy a mag. Stop begging.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Didnt get my mag again today, so I just decided to go in store and buy a copy and grab R3 and DA2. I'll pick them both up again once I get my subscription mag in the mail and give it to my brother since his Bday is soon.[/QUOTE]

Same boat here. I just know it'll be here tomorrow though.

Any female who wishes to send a BJ my way is more than welcome to do so.

[quote name='klimb22']I guess we should have a separate thread for each coupon in the mag now huh? This will be merged.[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

There's always THAT guy who wants desperately to be a moderator and makes posts like yours. Unfortunately they just annoy people. I guess you are THAT guy. :applause:

So much asshattery in this thread already. Stop begging and playing junior mods you maroons.

Had 2 copies left on the shelf at the Citrus Heights, CA store. Shelf tag was correctly marked $29.99 and even had a copy of the coupon taped to the shelf in front of the games. Voided out of course...

[quote name='lawdood']So much asshattery in this thread already. Stop begging and playing junior mods you maroons.

Had 2 copies left on the shelf at the Citrus Heights, CA store. Shelf tag was correctly marked $29.99 and even had a copy of the coupon taped to the shelf in front of the games. Voided out of course...[/QUOTE]
I noticed that today, they had a bunch of photo copies of the coupons taped up around the gaming section and also up on the managers station. The price after the coupon was written on each coupon. They're really pushing the coupons here.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Just get the fucking sub for the mag, its 15 $ for a year !!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

It boggles my mind how we are this far in and regs on this board still haven't subscribed. Oh well more money for BB anyway.

Question...

I'm stuck at school for the rest of the day...want to get R3, before it is gone.

If I order it online with the store pick up option, do they charge my card when I pick it up or order it? Also can I use my coupon for In store pick ups order online?

Question. If I was to get in on the R3 deal. Would I get hassled if I were to buy a Mag and Resistance 3 on the same transaction?

Debating if I want Resistance 3 tonight and if I decide I do, I will take a run tomorrow to grab a copy. Just want to make sure the transactions go as smooth as possible.

Don't have a PS3 and would only consider grabbing this if I felt that I could flip it back to Best Buy in the future. But that's a lot of work. Much rather just continue to wait for that Soul Calibur V sale

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Question. If I was to get in on the R3 deal. Would I get hassled if I were to buy a Mag and Resistance 3 on the same transaction?

Debating if I want Resistance 3 tonight and if I decide I do, I will take a run tomorrow to grab a copy. Just want to make sure the transactions go as smooth as possible.[/QUOTE]

I did this for my 1st transaction using a coupon. I brought both the mag and game up, told the cashier what I wanted and she opened it up and tore the coupon out for me and scanned it. I wasn't hassled. Probably depends on the employee though.

[quote name='Tdog987']Question...

I'm stuck at school for the rest of the day...want to get R3, before it is gone.

If I order it online with the store pick up option, do they charge my card when I pick it up or order it? Also can I use my coupon for In store pick ups order online?[/QUOTE]

It says in bold on the coupon that its not eligible for in-store pick up but someone posted in this thread that this is exactly what he did. Maybe you could just call your local best buy, ask to speak to the gaming associate and ask him/her to hold it for you till you get out of class.

This issue is a little weak for coupons, but I did go today and snag Resistance 3 and DA II for $15 and change. Isn't the Deadliest Warrior game disc game the same as the 800MSP game on XBL? Or is it different? Don't understand why it retails for $29.99 if it's the same.

[quote name='kulsechsky']It says in bold on the coupon that its not eligible for in-store pick up but someone posted in this thread that this is exactly what he did. Maybe you could just call your local best buy, ask to speak to the gaming associate and ask him/her to hold it for you till you get out of class.[/QUOTE]

Class doesn't get out till after BB closes. I'll just have to go tomorrow and hope for the best. There was about 10 copies when I was there about a week ago.

Was gonna pick up a copy to hold, but I thought BB might do a sale for that at the end of the month...which would have been over 30 days.

Picked up the LAST copy of R3 from a local BB today with the coupon (I'm subbed, the mag came in the mail 2 days ago), and also picked up DA2 for $5. Great deals!

[quote name='kulsechsky']Wrong.

There's always THAT guy who wants desperately to be a moderator and makes posts like yours. Unfortunately they just annoy people. I guess you are THAT guy. :applause:[/QUOTE]
...and there's always that guy who is behind the curve and acts like he found gold. I guess you are THAT guy. Why did you feel you needed to start a new thread when this was already being discussed (and OP updated) in the main June BB @Gamer Coupons thread already? On top of that you even listed the other coupons as if the main thread doesn't exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back