Resistance 3 - $9.99 @ Best Buy with @Gamer Coupon

kulsechsky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just got back from Best Buy where I picked up Resistance 3 for $9.99 after using a $20 coupon found in the June issue of @Gamer Magazine. The game was marked on the shelf for $34.99 but rang up as $29.99.

The magazine can be bought at Best Buy for $4.99 or you can sign up for the Gamers Reward Zone for $14.99. Signing up subscribes you to the magazine for a year and you are also eligible for the $20 gift card for pre-ordering certain titles (details found in another thread).

EDIT:
Here's a list of the other coupons in June's Issue.

NEW:
Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat - $20 off (PS3/X360)
Dragon Age II - $15 off (PS3/X360)
Resistance 3 - $20 off (PS3)
Soul Calibur V - $20 off (PS3/X360)
SSX - $30 off (PS3/X360)

PRE-OWNED:

MLB 11:The Show Pre-Owned - $20 off (PS3)
Any Pre-Owned Game $29.99 or above - $10 off (shows PS3 and X360 game but no mention of system)

ACCESSORIES:
Tritton AX Pro Gaming Headset - $40 off (PS3/X360/PC/MAC)

Last edited by a moderator:
F.Y.I the $29.99 price for Resistance 3 is the new MSRP for it for those who think it's a temporary sale.So I'm sure this game could get restocked if your store happened to run out. I saw a sign at GS promoting this and other Sony titles at new MSRP's.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']This issue is a little weak for coupons, but I did go today and snag Resistance 3 and DA II for $15 and change. Isn't the Deadliest Warrior game disc game the same as the 800MSP game on XBL? Or is it different? Don't understand why it retails for $29.99 if it's the same.[/QUOTE]

It comes with two games as well as a lot (or maybe every episode?) of the Deadliest Warriors tv show.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Question. If I was to get in on the R3 deal. Would I get hassled if I were to buy a Mag and Resistance 3 on the same transaction? [/QUOTE]

No, they've done it for me before without a hassle. Just FYI, you do need to sign up for their free RewardZone program to use the coupons.

Also, picked up Resistance 3 at the Tempe, AZ BB -- they had four or five ps3 copies left at about 6:30 PM. Just info for any Phoenix area CAGs that might be interested.

Hey I know someone previously asked if you need to be an unlocked member to use the coupons, and somebody replied no. I wanted want to make sure, because I'm going to go tomorrow and pick up R3 and DA II if in stock and buy the mag right there and then. Do I need to be an unlocked member. thanks!

[quote name='Donutkid2222']Hey I know someone previously asked if you need to be an unlocked member to use the coupons, and somebody replied no. I wanted want to make sure, because I'm going to go tomorrow and pick up R3 and DA II if in stock and buy the mag right there and then. Do I need to be an unlocked member. thanks![/QUOTE]

If you didn't believe the first guy, why would you believe the second guy?

[quote name='amicuscuriae']No, they've done it for me before without a hassle. Just FYI, you do need to sign up for their free RewardZone program to use the coupons.

Also, picked up Resistance 3 at the Tempe, AZ BB -- they had four or five ps3 copies left at about 6:30 PM. Just info for any Phoenix area CAGs that might be interested.[/QUOTE]
Oh I am a member of RZ. Just not the $15 a year deal. I will sign up sometime soonish. I am gonna grab R3 if they have it or at least hopefully Soul Calibur V tomorrow (want Soul Calibur 5 so I have something to play with my new stick).

[quote name='amicuscuriae']No, they've done it for me before without a hassle. Just FYI, you do need to sign up for their free RewardZone program to use the coupons.
[/QUOTE]
You do not have to sign up for anything. You can buy the mag and use the coupon
[quote name='amicuscuriae']
Also, picked up Resistance 3 at the Tempe, AZ BB -- they had four or five ps3 copies left at about 6:30 PM. Just info for any Phoenix area CAGs that might be interested.[/QUOTE]
What? No 360 copies of Resistance 3 left. j/k :)

[quote name='confoosious']If you didn't believe the first guy, why would you believe the second guy?[/QUOTE]
still hating huh?
I'm asking because someone said they had to be a unlocked member to use the coupons or something, seeing most people in this thread are magazine subscribers, wouldn't hurt to ask again eh?

[quote name='Donutkid2222']still hating huh?
I'm asking because someone said they had to be a unlocked member to use the coupons or something, seeing most people in this thread are magazine subscribers, wouldn't hurt to ask again eh?[/QUOTE]

I went to BB tonight to grab a copy of Resistance 3. The cashier refused to let me use the coupon, claiming that I had to be a member in order to use it.

[quote name='arachosia']I went to BB tonight to grab a copy of Resistance 3. The cashier refused to let me use the coupon, claiming that I had to be a member in order to use it.[/QUOTE]

That's when you ask to talk to a manager.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']Hey I know someone previously asked if you need to be an unlocked member to use the coupons, and somebody replied no. I wanted want to make sure, because I'm going to go tomorrow and pick up R3 and DA II if in stock and buy the mag right there and then. Do I need to be an unlocked member. thanks![/QUOTE]

If you are going to buy the magazine, you might as well subscribe at the same time and get it free. Then you would be unlocked and it wouldn't matter.

Subscribed today, brought the magazine up front, they let me have the magazine for free and was granted R3 for $10.

If only all BB transactions went this smoothly :)

Thanks OP!

How are you people still getting magazines in the mail? The only thing I get in the mail are the coupons and nothing more everything else is digital sent to my email. Can somebody clear this up for me. I mean is a magazine to much to ask for? Lol. Thanks.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']How are you people still getting magazines in the mail? The only thing I get in the mail are the coupons and nothing more everything else is digital sent to my email. Can somebody clear this up for me. I mean is a magazine to much to ask for? Lol. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think you signed up for the digital version. I know there was the option when you signed up.

[quote name='mightymek']I'd like to pick this up. Maybe I can get my magazine in the mail soon. That'd be nice.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Normally the mag ends up showing up before the previous coupons expire if memory serves correctly. Not a huge deal though, I highly doubt R3 or DA2 will be selling out any time soon.

Can you sign up for RZ Unlocked online or does it have to be in store? I'm interested in getting the coupons and taking advantage of the $20 credits for preordering a bunch of games.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Can you sign up for RZ Unlocked online or does it have to be in store? I'm interested in getting the coupons and taking advantage of the $20 credits for preordering a bunch of games.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you have to do it in store. I might be wrong though. I usually get the coupons the second week of the month.

Went in, picked up a GAMER magazine, took it to the front with Resistance 3, paid for the magazine, and used the coupon. With the magazine and game, came to about $15. Still a good price.

Still can't believe some CAGs are not subscribed, I mean with the coupons, 10% trade in, welcome packet coupon, preorder bonuses....what's holding you back?

[quote name='TooPoor']Still can't believe some CAGs are not subscribed, I mean with the coupons, 10% trade in, welcome packet coupon, preorder bonuses....what's holding you back?[/QUOTE]

Can't speak for everyone, but for me:
- Never traded in before
- Amazon usually has comparable bonuses w/ free release day shipping (at least for Prime)

I'm thinking of finally joining for 3 reasons:
- 110% bonus TIV
- $20 preorder credit for Halo 4 LE
- $20 preorder credit for Dishonored (plus that cool USB Whale Oil Lamp)

Question: If I join, will my account immediately activate? In other words, if I join today, can I immediately place my preorders or should I wait a few days to make sure the system shows I'm unlocked? I'll be pissed if I miss out on the preorder credits.

[quote name='TooPoor']Still can't believe some CAGs are not subscribed, I mean with the coupons, 10% trade in, welcome packet coupon, preorder bonuses....what's holding you back?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I subscribed back in December for the $10 Warhammer Space Marine deal. I debated just buying the single mag, but caved and bought the subscription and was sure glad I did!

I beat the game and sold it for about $20, paying for the vast majority of my subscription price too. :)

Went to the Wilkes Barre, PA store. They had at least 5-6 copies of both Resistance 3 and Soul Cailbur 5.

Got both for $35 plus tax. A good deal if you ask me.

If they only allowed PC games on that $20 credit train, I would sub to the mag in a heartbeat. I will sub next time I am at Best Buy.

[quote name='confoosious']

Same boat here. I just know it'll be here tomorrow though.[/QUOTE]and guess what just showed up in the mail..:lol:

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Went to the Wilkes Barre, PA store. They had at least 5-6 copies of both Resistance 3 and Soul Cailbur 5.

Got both for $35 plus tax. A good deal if you ask me.

If they only allowed PC games on that $20 credit train, I would sub to the mag in a heartbeat. I will sub next time I am at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

u should have waited on soul cailbur 5 a little longer they might have a sale later on the month if we are lucky

I had been putting it off since I was first tempted way back in November of last year, kept telling myself "those are some solid deals, but still not worth it for me." My proximity to the closest B&M location is a factor; right in between two locations and each trip is $5 in gas, minimum. Add in my growing Amazon credit and I was having a tough time justifying the Gamer membership.

This 110% trade-in promo is the straw that broke the camel's back in my decision to finally join in, and I made the most of it.

edit: "welcome packet coupon?" I'll have to look for that on the website as it's obviously not in the mag they handed to me when I signed up.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']u should have waited on soul cailbur 5 a little longer they might have a sale later on the month if we are lucky[/QUOTE]

If I recall, the price matching option applies for 30 days after purchase ;)

Thanks op, this deals alright... Signed up for the yearly subcription. Hopefully the 15$ I paid pays off,,.. Unlike my stupid GameStop gaming membership Dx

That's the thing though. What held me back was paying for the initial yearly membership. Back in March (craziest deals so far)I bought three or four games and traded Batman to Amazon. So it definitely paid for itself already. I bought AC:R last month for my dad, but I didn't use the coupons the previous month. Nothing worthwhile to me. I honestly might pre-order a game because it comes with the $20 gift card. I know how everyone loves their gift cards. The trade in credit bonus this month should get more people to sign up.

[quote name='ProAnon']If I recall, the price matching option applies for 30 days after purchase ;)[/QUOTE]
... or 60 days if you are a Silver Premiere member ... but does this apply if you used a coupon? Will they give you the pricematch to the original price or the price after coupon?

I have done plenty of pricematching at Best Buy, but never when a coupon had been applied to the original purchase.

For those that subscribed, did you get the next months mag on time? Like if I subscribed tomorrow, would I get the July issue on time? And what is the welcome packet coupon?

[quote name='JP73']For those that subscribed, did you get the next months mag on time? Like if I subscribed tomorrow, would I get the July issue on time? And what is the welcome packet coupon?[/QUOTE]

When you subscribe in-store, they are supposed to give you that month's mag for free with your subscription. It takes a while to get the first mag so I seriously doubt you'd see the current issue in any timely fashion.

Glad people are finally subscribing.

So if you subscribe today, you'll get the first mag in-store. The likelihood of getting the second mag in the mail is slim but the month after that your mag should start arriving at the beginning of the month. You can call in CS, and complain about the missing month and they should stack on an addition month onto your subscription. This is for physical magazine, I'm not sure personally about the digital mag and their coupons.

As for the welcome packet, it also comes in the mail and they send those out in cycles. Some may get it during the empty magazine month or get it later. I think they send out groups of those every couple months although I think Enuf and trying to get it so they hand you the packet upon sign up.

It comes with stickers you can apply so cashiers can easily just scan it to apply your GCU membership as well as four coupons. B2G1 free on new games up to $39.99. B2G1 free on pre-owned games. 50% Game Guides off regular price, and Save 10% off Digital Purchase up to $14.99. You should have a 3-5 months to use them before expiration. Although some unlucky few got mailed coupons that expired that week/the next day but you can call CS and request a second packet with newer expiration dated coupons.

Also for the person who was going to PM Soul Caliber...you do realize the coupon is a one use thing? Unless you have another coupon, CS can decline applying the coupon after price matching. That's why most people recommend just buying the game outright and then using the coupon once the game goes on sale.

[quote name='flix1']... or 60 days if you are a Silver Premiere member ... but does this apply if you used a coupon? Will they give you the pricematch to the original price or the price after coupon?

I have done plenty of pricematching at Best Buy, but never when a coupon had been applied to the original purchase.[/QUOTE]

60 day PM window hasn't started yet although its soon. Enuf posted the start date somewhere... anybody know when it starts - June 17th?

Part of me doesn't want to touch another Resistance game again, but its a steal I guess. SCV I need to get.

I used to like the @gamer mag when it first came out, and there always seems to be a coupon I like every other month nowadays. I should reconsider.

Resistance 3 is a phenomenal game. I'm playing it now with a mate of mine via the online-co-op, and we're having a blast. The game has some of the best guns and grenades ever invented. The online multi-player is a lot of fun as well. Definitely pick it up for $10.

Question: these coupons are for new copies of the game that come with the online passes, right? If that is the case, anyone not interested in Resistance 3 willing to ship to a CAG unable to get to a Bestbuy currently? I'd cover your purchase, shipping/packaging fees and add some more as an incentive. Please PM me if you can help out.

[quote name='Donut2922']60 day PM window hasn't started yet although its soon. Enuf posted the start date somewhere... anybody know when it starts - June 17th?[/QUOTE]June 18th

[quote name='iduncurr']

As for the welcome packet, it also comes in the mail and they send those out in cycles. Some may get it during the empty magazine month or get it later. I think they send out groups of those every couple months although I think Enuf and trying to get it so they hand you the packet upon sign up.[/QUOTE]18 votes so far 50ish seems to be the sweet spot
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...n-packs-should-be-avail-in-store/idi-p/510811

[quote name='WingsDJY']Can't speak for everyone, but for me:
- Never traded in before
- Amazon usually has comparable bonuses w/ free release day shipping (at least for Prime)

I'm thinking of finally joining for 3 reasons:
- 110% bonus TIV
- $20 preorder credit for Halo 4 LE
- $20 preorder credit for Dishonored (plus that cool USB Whale Oil Lamp)

Question: If I join, will my account immediately activate? In other words, if I join today, can I immediately place my preorders or should I wait a few days to make sure the system shows I'm unlocked? I'll be pissed if I miss out on the preorder credits.[/QUOTE]Even if AMZ has a better pre-order bonus you get more money back from the price match & still keep the bonus
$60 game w/$20 credit vs $60 game pm'd to $40 or less + tax w/$10-$20 credit. Your money/credit goes further @ BB.
Join 1st on 1 receipt & get your free mag then do your pre-orders in another transaction & your covered.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Subscribed today, brought the magazine up front, they let me have the magazine for free and was granted R3 for $10.

If only all BB transactions went this smoothly :)

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]Even if they tried to charge you for the mag the pc would zero it out that's how it's setup. Not sure if you got last months & this months + the sub at the same time if it would zero out both though. Surprised no ones tried yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='randomdud']Question: these coupons are for new copies of the game that come with the online passes, right? If that is the case, anyone not interested in Resistance 3 willing to ship to a CAG unable to get to a Bestbuy currently? I'd cover your purchase, shipping/packaging fees and add some more as an incentive. Please PM me if you can help out.[/QUOTE]most @gamer coupons are for NEW titles unless noted in the @gamer thread OP.

bread's done
Back