Sony Playstation Home - Gen. Discussion & Info - Open Beta Available Now

[quote name='Blackout']I just saw the most hilarious thing ever. Some chick was just standing there. A guy came up behind her and started dancing like he was having sex with her. Then another guy comes and does the same thing in front of her, but like paused it and grabbed her boobs. The chick ran away quick as hell. Hhahahahaa. Home is just gonna be crappy advertising and sexual harassment. It has a lot of potential though. I kinda like walking around for a few minutes, but then I get bored with it.[/QUOTE]

I saw a video on YouTube like this...but of guys swarm the females and...dance? WTF? I want to buy another PS3 just so I can be the female and watch these 15 year old's go crazy.

[quote name='Thomas96']You think everything on PS3 is shitty, except MGS4..maybe.[/QUOTE]

Not true. I think the shitty games on the PS3 are shitty.

I have some criticisms of HOME myself, but I don't see how Anyone here can call it shitty, crappy, or bad.. Its a simple 3D chatroom... what were you guys expecting... I don't think waiting to play games is very good, If I go to the theater, I don't expect to all ways have to watch a commercial. But one thing Sony has shown that they're good at, is taking suggestions and making necessary improvements. But for what Home IS... I like it

[quote name='Chacrana']Okay, so I don't like Home, and I don't like Warhawk. So because I don't like 2 of Sony's "attempts" at games, I'm not not only close, but "perilously" close to bashing a system. Whoa no, wouldn't want to do that! I apologize for not having the same penchant for blindly accepting any shit a company churns out.

Just point the banhammer my way, because I'm clearly misguided.[/quote]
Let's hope he doesn't see your PS3 comments from the GGT. :whistle2:#

Turned on my PS3 for the first time in 3 months just to give Home a try. Bowling is fun but lacking in options (it sucks that it kicks you out of a solo game if another player walks up). The arcade games get boring fast, and Chess suffers from the same problem as Bowling in that it kicks you from a solo game if another player walks up. The apartment was interesting at first, but after quitting and coming back to the game, I was pissed to see that it removed the decoration I had paid for, and even removed 1 of the lamps it came with in the first place. What's the point of decorating an apartment if it isn't going to remember where you placed things?

In all though, Home is utterly useless if you don't have any PSN friend's. They seem to be rushing the release of it, just as they rushed the release of the PS3 itself.

I about had a stroke when after updating firmware and then downloading Home (we all know this shit takes forever on the PS3), I had to download more shit just to leave my fucking apartment.

[quote name='Thomas96']I have some criticisms of HOME myself, but I don't see how Anyone here can call it shitty, crappy, or bad.. Its a simple 3D chatroom... what were you guys expecting... I don't think waiting to play games is very good, If I go to the theater, I don't expect to all ways have to watch a commercial. But one thing Sony has shown that they're good at, is taking suggestions and making necessary improvements. But for what Home IS... I like it[/quote]

Yeah, exactly. What was everyone, who is complaining about it, expecting exactly? It's exactly what it was played up to be except in beta testing stage.

[quote name='Thomas96']I have some criticisms of HOME myself, but I don't see how Anyone here can call it shitty, crappy, or bad.. Its a simple 3D chatroom... what were you guys expecting... I don't think waiting to play games is very good, If I go to the theater, I don't expect to all ways have to watch a commercial. But one thing Sony has shown that they're good at, is taking suggestions and making necessary improvements. But for what Home IS... I like it[/quote]

Definitely agree with this sentiment. The people that I've seen calling Home terrible are 360 fanboys and people that were expecting a game with infinite playability. For what it is, it isn't awful.

[quote name='Thomas96']But one thing Sony has shown that they're good at, is taking suggestions and making necessary improvements.[/QUOTE]

I remember that people wanted games for the PSP and PS3. Where are they?

It is crappy for what it is. All these delays and hype turned into blandness. Reminds me of the hype/aftermath of games like Lair and Heavenly Sword.

also, if the people calling Home terrible are 360 fanboys, why do they own/are they playing the PS3 at all. Is it so hard to think that there are gamers out there like me with both consoles that can be let down by something on one console without being a fanboy for the other?

[quote name='Malik112099']also, if the people calling Home terrible are 360 fanboys, why do they own/are they playing the PS3 at all. Is it so hard to think that there are gamers out there like me with both consoles that can be let down by something on one console without being a fanboy for the other?[/QUOTE]

Not in the PS3 forum . ;)

[quote name='Malik112099']It is crappy for what it is. All these delays and hype turned into blandness. Reminds me of the hype/aftermath of games like Lair and Heavenly Sword.[/quote]
A final game and an app that will be continually improved are =/=. All of the people saying this is a waste of Sony's time is truly ignorant. Just because the beginning isn't great doesn't mean the program will forever be useless. I really don't get it. Is it bare? Yes. Will there be more to do in the future? Of course.

I could understand if this was out at launch or came out as a beta shortly after it was announced but after all this time you would think it would be a deeper, more fulfilling experience.

Whats up with Sony half assing things this gen? I badly want remote play to work right and with more stuff. I wanted Home to be fun. The global news app could be sooooo much better.

I'd rather get nothing for Christmas than just one shoe.

[quote name='Chacrana']I remember that people wanted games for the PSP and PS3. Where are they?[/QUOTE]

Right now you can purchase them, online and in retail stores. Games wise, PS3 has done well, PSP still have some titles coming out, of course PSP isn't as well supported as the DS, but it still has its gems, and a nice collection. PS3 is doing very well in terms of games and its getting better.

The games have arrived... (especially on PS3), I will say this, there is only one genre where the PS3 may be lacking, and that may be RPGs, however its not like there's "nothing" in the RPG section for PS3. I think that for every other genre, Sony has the PS3 covered and there's great triple A titles for the PS3 in every Genre. No we don't have left 4 dead, but you can't can't tell me that Resistance 2 isn't a great... maybe Greater alternative.

I don't know maybe you were making a joke that I didn't get; I think you were, because at face value it seems that you were making an argument about the lack of games on PS3 and/or PSP which at this point in the PS3's life should be considered utterly ridiculous.

There is a severe lack of GOOD exclusive titles on the PS3. We will see more next year but right now there isn't a whole lot making people flock to PS3. The PS3 should have killed on black friday but got crushed by a year older console.

You know you guys are saying that Warhawk is shitty, but the game has done very well... and there's still people playing the game everyday and it does have a community of its own. Now... you may not like the game, which is fine with me, but you have to admit that the game wasn't a failure and it delivered; and I think that the same will hold true with Home... it may not seem like much now, and you (whomever you are) may think that its shitty and crappy, however I think that Home will have a community and other's will enjoy it.

[quote name='Malik112099']There is a severe lack of GOOD exclusive titles on the PS3. We will see more next year but right now there isn't a whole lot making people flock to PS3. The PS3 should have killed on black friday but got crushed by a year older console.[/QUOTE]

Severe lack?

Resistance 2
Motorstorm 2
Little Big Planet
MGS4

I can't think of a PS3 exclusive that was released this year that was bad... can you?

[quote name='Malik112099']There is a severe lack of GOOD exclusive titles on the PS3. We will see more next year but right now there isn't a whole lot making people flock to PS3. The PS3 should have killed on black friday but got crushed by a year older console.[/QUOTE]

See, while it may not have a ton of good exclusives that came out this year, I can't think of a whole lot more the 360 has had.

Most of the good games this year are multi-platform.

[quote name='whoknows']Most of the good games this year are multi-platform.[/QUOTE]

This is true. Between the PS3 exclusives and the multi-platform games there is a lot for PS3 owners to choose from.

[quote name='Chacrana']Okay, so I don't like Home, and I don't like Warhawk. So because I don't like 2 of Sony's "attempts" at games, I'm not not only close, but "perilously" close to bashing a system. Whoa no, wouldn't want to do that! I apologize for not having the same penchant for blindly accepting any shit a company churns out.[/quote]

God, I swear I can hear you sneer as you type. Warhawk is a game, definitively. Just because it's not your cup of tea does not exclude it from that category. It is a PS3-exclusive, but it was developed by Incognito, not Sony. I enjoy the game, but wouldn't live my life around it. It's just a fucking game after all. :roll:

Why do you want to make people that like Home or Warhawk sound like corporate zombies? Really, your arguments (snicker) simply lack any proof or logic. They are either flamebait or just an inherent need to wave your e-penis around so you can sound so much cooler than the other kids. Don't fool yourself into thinking that being a vocal non-conformist in the PS3 forums makes you original. One could toss a stick in this forum and hit a dozen XBots or whiny PS2 Luddites.

If you don't like the "game", awesome, just please try not to paint everything PS3 with a shit-covered brush. Not everyone likes arcane RPGs or whatever you think is da bomb. You make it crystal clear from your posts in other threads that you hate the PS3. Since it's Christmas, why not grow a pair and give it to charity? You'd be my fucking hero then.

Can anyone explain what the keypad codes are for in the Uncharted Bar? Every time I go in there I keep hearing over chat people talking about it.

[quote name='Sinistar']Can anyone explain what the keypad codes are for in the Uncharted Bar? Every time I go in there I keep hearing over chat people talking about it.[/QUOTE]

they open the doors to the other rooms that had more artifacts i dunno how your really spposed to get them tho

I found a thread in the beta forum on the official site not sure if the work now , they had worked before 1.0 HTH

[quote name='Sinistar']Can anyone explain what the keypad codes are for in the Uncharted Bar? Every time I go in there I keep hearing over chat people talking about it.[/quote]

1st Floor: Sully's Den (Door in the back to your left)

Keypad Code: 1024
Cryptic Code: 1577383

2nd: Floor: Film Room (Left Door)

Keypad Code: 41675

2nd Floor: Artifact Room (Right Door)

Keypad Code: 24312

You know some games, are not that great, maybe the graphics aren't the best, the gameplay (or A.I.) isn't perfect. But you there's a saying that when you play the game the way it's supposed to be played, then it turns out to be more fun - I think HOME is software that in order to be appreciated needs to be played (or utilized) the way Sony intended.

[quote name='Thomas96']You know some games, are not that great, maybe the graphics aren't the best, the gameplay (or A.I.) isn't perfect. But you there's a saying that when you play the game the way it's supposed to be played, then it turns out to be more fun - I think HOME is software that in order to be appreciated needs to be played (or utilized) the way Sony intended.[/quote]

Did Sony intend for the people that played Home to have never had any other gaming expierence in their lives until that point?

Sony knows what's up. They aren't dumb. They shouldn't bring pidgeon to Thanksgiving dinner when they promised turkey.

[quote name='Thomas96']Severe lack?

Resistance 2
Motorstorm 2
Little Big Planet
MGS4

I can't think of a PS3 exclusive that was released this year that was bad... can you?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You have named 3 (MGS4 is the good one.) At best, they may have been mediocre. There's a wide variety of multiplatform games, but they are worse than what other systems got.

Edit: Oh yeah, SOCOM Confrontation! Is it playable yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cthulhu8u']God, I swear I can hear you sneer as you type. Warhawk is a game, definitively. Just because it's not your cup of tea does not exclude it from that category. It is a PS3-exclusive, but it was developed by Incognito, not Sony. I enjoy the game, but wouldn't live my life around it. It's just a fucking game after all. :roll:

Why do you want to make people that like Home or Warhawk sound like corporate zombies? Really, your arguments (snicker) simply lack any proof or logic. They are either flamebait or just an inherent need to wave your e-penis around so you can sound so much cooler than the other kids. Don't fool yourself into thinking that being a vocal non-conformist in the PS3 forums makes you original. One could toss a stick in this forum and hit a dozen XBots or whiny PS2 Luddites.

If you don't like the "game", awesome, just please try not to paint everything PS3 with a shit-covered brush. Not everyone likes arcane RPGs or whatever you think is da bomb. You make it crystal clear from your posts in other threads that you hate the PS3. Since it's Christmas, why not grow a pair and give it to charity? You'd be my fucking hero then.[/QUOTE]

Ah, this is fun. The slightest inkling of doubt in Sony = people breaking their necks to tell me how much of an ass I am.

[quote name='Malik112099']Did Sony intend for the people that played Home to have never had any other gaming expierence in their lives until that point?

Sony knows what's up. They aren't dumb. They shouldn't bring pidgeon to Thanksgiving dinner when they promised turkey.[/QUOTE]

Home is very good for casual and hardcore gamers, I think that Home will appeal to those who aren't hardcore, or regular PS3 users, more so than me and you.

If you want turkey, then you can but it and eat it over at xbox live; of course you're footin' the bill. But in all of Xbox Live's services, there's no online place where a person can go within the service of Xbox live and meet friends.. There's no place within xbox live where you can meet "new" friends, in order to meet friends, for your Live service you have to find them through online, or maybe friends around where you live. Online communities generate alot of traffic, and HOME is going to generate a lot of traffic and revenue for Sony (through advertisement). Home is doing something that no other console, or online console service has done. I hate to see people shooting down ideas, before it can be fully implemented. I want to see where Sony is going with Home and see what it becomes.

Xbox live is a good service, but there's nothing that Live offers that's like Home...

[quote name='Chacrana']Ah, this is fun. The slightest inkling of doubt in Sony = people breaking their necks to tell me how much of an ass I am.[/QUOTE]

You're so negative.

[quote name='Thomas96']Home is very good for casual and hardcore gamers, I think that Home will appeal to those who aren't hardcore, or regular PS3 users, more so than me and you.

If you want turkey, then you can but it and eat it over at xbox live; of course you're footin' the bill. But in all of Xbox Live's services, there's no online place where a person can go within the service of Xbox live and meet friends.. There's no place within xbox live where you can meet "new" friends, in order to meet friends, for your Live service you have to find them through online, or maybe friends around where you live. Online communities generate alot of traffic, and HOME is going to generate a lot of traffic and revenue for Sony (through advertisement). Home is doing something that no other console, or online console service has done. I hate to see people shooting down ideas, before it can be fully implemented. I want to see where Sony is going with Home and see what it becomes.

Xbox live is a good service, but there's nothing that Live offers that's like Home...[/QUOTE]

Well as far as meeting friends, the place to do that is in games. When there are games available that are actually worth playing, this becomes a possibility.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yes. You have named 3 (MGS4 is the good one.) At best, they may have been mediocre. There's a wide variety of multiplatform games, but they are worse than what other systems got.

Edit: Oh yeah, SOCOM Confrontation! Is it playable yet?[/QUOTE]

SOCOM did receive a patch last week for online play, and trophies, so yeah its fixed. DId MS ever figure out how to stop their consoles from failing.
But really, okay so you feel that PS3 exclusives are mediocre, or average. The only problem with PS3 exclusvies are that they aren't over hyped like 360 exclusives are.. Left 4 dead, oh all of a sudden its the best game ever created even though it its single player experience is weak.

[quote name='Thomas96']SOCOM did receive a patch last week for online play, and trophies, so yeah its fixed. DId MS ever figure out how to stop their consoles from failing.
But really, okay so you feel that PS3 exclusives are mediocre, or average. The only problem with PS3 exclusvies are that they aren't over hyped like 360 exclusives are.. Left 4 dead, oh all of a sudden its the best game ever created even though it its single player experience is weak.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, Left 4 Dead isn't a 360 exclusive, and both systems have overhyped exclusives. And yeah, the 360's build quality is fucking awful, but there were more than 2 games worth playing on it this year.

[quote name='Chacrana']Well, to be fair, Left 4 Dead isn't a 360 exclusive, and both systems have overhyped exclusives. And yeah, the 360's build quality is fucking awful, but there were more than 2 games worth playing on it this year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah well, it didn't have Valkyria Chronicles. That's better than 100 games combined.

[quote name='Thomas96']Home is very good for casual and hardcore gamers, I think that Home will appeal to those who aren't hardcore[/quote]

WTF?

[quote name='Thomas96']SOCOM did receive a patch last week for online play, and trophies, so yeah its fixed.[/quote]

It isn't fixed.

[quote name='Chacrana']Ah, this is fun. The slightest inkling of doubt in Sony = people breaking their necks to tell me how much of an ass I am.[/QUOTE]

Is the color of the sky in your world black or white? Obviously, only complete Sony fanboys or bashers post in this forum. Not, for example, people who use their console more than once every two months to actually play games.

This is fun? Then you're about to drop your load in mom's basement.

Kaz Hirai just called. He says you're a complete ass. :lol:

[quote name='Malik112099']
It isn't fixed.[/quote]

Well it is fixed, but the patch you guys are talking about has not even been released yet

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah well, it didn't have Valkyria Chronicles. That's better than 100 games combined.[/QUOTE]

That's true. What I played of the game was awesome. Gettin' that one for Christmas, most likely.

Why can't Home launch that game? Why just Warhawk?

[quote name='Chacrana']That's true. What I played of the game was awesome. Gettin' that one for Christmas, most likely.

Why can't Home launch that game? Why just Warhawk?[/QUOTE]

Because, people need to strategize about warhawk in home before actually entering the game. It's that serious.

And if you don't get Valkyria for Christmas run out and buy it. Easy contender for GOTY and game too many people ignored.

[quote name='whoknows']Because, people need to strategize about warhawk in home before actually entering the game. It's that serious.

And if you don't get Valkyria for Christmas run out and buy it. Easy contender for GOTY and game too many people ignored.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, f'sho. I'm really glad Sega knocked this one outta the park.

bread's done
Back