Stand by for Titanfall!

Yeah the Grunts and Spectres fighting adds to the whole war atmosphere and act as minions like in a MOBA game.

Eh, nice goin' Cobra.

Last edited by a moderator:
So much for playing a relaxing game tonight. Servers are having horrible lag and connection issues, I'm really starting to get annoyed at this game these issues are getting out of hand and it makes me wonder what the hell Respawn is doing.

So much for playing a relaxing game tonight. Servers are having horrible lag and connection issues, I'm really starting to get annoyed at this game these issues are getting out of hand and it makes me wonder what the hell Respawn is doing.
At least they are trying to fix the issues. I don't know how many PC/XB1 patches there have been, but they have had a few on the 360 so far. Ever play Playstation All-Stars? That game has been riddled with the same glitches, bugs, and balance issues since launch in 2012

At least they are trying to fix the issues. I don't know how many PC/XB1 patches there have been, but they have had a few on the 360 so far. Ever play Playstation All-Stars? That game has been riddled with the same glitches, bugs, and balance issues since launch in 2012
They're not working hard enough. This game has had a crap ton of server issues and for a multiplayer-only game it's getting to be unacceptable, not to mention the matchmaking has been a trainwreck since launch and that was over two months ago. If they're working on it they don't have much to show because matchmaking still sucks and the game still has server issues.

I have been on a break from titanfall for a few weeks, but I never had any major server problem since launch. I don't know what kind of NAT settings you have, but I highly recommend you try to change the NAT to open if it's not. Network wise it benefits the Xbox one greatly in downloading, matchmaking and being able to join party chat. The 360 is the same way.

They're not working hard enough. This game has had a crap ton of server issues and for a multiplayer-only game it's getting to be unacceptable, not to mention the matchmaking has been a trainwreck since launch and that was over two months ago. If they're working on it they don't have much to show because matchmaking still sucks and the game still has server issues.
Like I said, I can't speak for X1 players, but the servers are pretty good for the 360 version. Matchmaking is still shit though - I'll give you that.

On a lighter note, I finally decided to change up my strategy and focus on hunting down pilots instead of grunts/titans and I've been pulling alot of 9:2 or 10:1 K/D. This might not be the best ever, but it's by far the best I ever performed in this game

[attachment=5413:Titanfall poor matchmaking.jpg]

Like I said, I can't speak for X1 players, but the servers are pretty good for the 360 version. Matchmaking is still shit though - I'll give you that.

On a lighter note, I finally decided to change up my strategy and focus on hunting down pilots instead of grunts/titans and I've been pulling alot of 9:2 or 10:1 K/D. This might not be the best ever, but it's by far the best I ever performed in this game

[attachment=5414:Titanfall poor matchmaking.jpg]

I have been on a break from titanfall for a few weeks, but I never had any major server problem since launch. I don't know what kind of NAT settings you have, but I highly recommend you try to change the NAT to open if it's not. Network wise it benefits the Xbox one greatly in downloading, matchmaking and being able to join party chat. The 360 is the same way.
It's not my connection. I have an open NAT and had been playing for weeks before this and it started last night. As I said it was something with the servers..

yeah I don't have any connection issues on the One. The only server issue i've really seen is when the azure servers went down completely and nobody could play. Every once in a while you get someone lagging around but if you check the scoreboard, they always have 1 bar and it's their connection, not the servers.

What's your ping on the main menu? I usually get 30-43

yeah I don't have any connection issues on the One. The only server issue i've really seen is when the azure servers went down completely and nobody could play. Every once in a while you get someone lagging around but if you check the scoreboard, they always have 1 bar and it's their connection, not the servers.

What's your ping on the main menu? I usually get 30-43
33 usually below 50 so that's about where it is normally.

[quote name="TwistedShade" post="11792754" timestamp="1401210912"]33 usually below 50 so that's about where it is normally.[/quote]I know for me personally I was always at 33 or 34 consistently prior to the last update. Now it will vary from that up to 40s or 50s or even 70s depending on time of day. It used to be it never mattered when I got on. I also time out quickly while waiting for people to join my party. I swear I look at my challenges for 10 seconds and it is kicking me for being idle.

Just jumped into a game now. My team is two Generation 8's one Generation 10, one generation 7, me being a Gen 2. Their's is everything under 5. o_O

(Edit) End match score was 300 to 100, with their team having a total of 7 pilot kills.

Is anyone having problems with finding non-expedition games? I usually only play hardpoint and the last few times I have tried to join a game it has taken at least several minutes to placed in a lobby. Is it just me or anyone else? 

Isn't the matchmaking wonderful?

[attachment=5435:matchmaking 1.jpg][attachment=5436:matchmaking 2.jpg][attachment=5437:matchmaking 3.jpg]

Isn't the matchmaking wonderful?

attachicon.gif
matchmaking 1.jpg
attachicon.gif
matchmaking 2.jpg
attachicon.gif
matchmaking 3.jpg
Well, the fact that they all have mics could imply (though not guarantee) that they are all in a party. I would've backed out instantly if I was playing solo. No matter how bad they may be, communications is a huge advantage. You were already almost guaranteed a loss before the game even started, regardless what your teammates' ranks/gens were.

What also pissed me off about the matchmaking is when you're playing CTF or LTS, the game is trying to fill the lobby, it's currently 3v3, and then it puts 2 or 3 randoms on the other team. How the F are you expected to win either of those game modes when you're so outnumbered? At least TRY to even the teams out number-wise.

Did an update jack up the matchmaking or something? There for a little while, pre-map pack, I had no problems at all with matchmaking. Now, as others are showing, it seems like it has regressed back to launch quality i.e. not too good.

[quote name="CaseX" post="11795071" timestamp="1401282931"]Well, the fact that they all have mics could imply (though not guarantee) that they are all in a party. I would've backed out instantly if I was playing solo. No matter how bad they may be, communications is a huge advantage. You were already almost guaranteed a loss before the game even started, regardless what your teammates' ranks/gens were.

What also pissed me off about the matchmaking is when you're playing CTF or LTS, the game is trying to fill the lobby, it's currently 3v3, and then it puts 2 or 3 randoms on the other team. How the F are you expected to win either of those game modes when you're so outnumbered? At least TRY to even the teams out number-wise.[/quote] there was a recent in depth post on the Titanfall blog that discusses Matchmaking. One of the things being changed is team balancing so teams aren't outnumbered when a game starts.

What also pissed me off about the matchmaking is when you're playing CTF or LTS, the game is trying to fill the lobby, it's currently 3v3, and then it puts 2 or 3 randoms on the other team. How the F are you expected to win either of those game modes when you're so outnumbered? At least TRY to even the teams out number-wise.
Master Chief that shit! Lol

Yeah you do have the option to back out if you see a huge disadvantage or you stay in because you are one sick machocistic lol.

match making better be fixed soon before  399.99 x1 's hit the stores. I feel sorry for people just starting on the game and end up matched with high level people it's nonsense.

Just cause people are high level though, doesn't always mean they are particularly good.

Not saying the matchmaking is good though.

What's wrong with the COD way of doing it? Resplitting teams by last games results.

Just cause people are high level though, doesn't always mean they are particularly good.

Not saying the matchmaking is good though.

What's wrong with the COD way of doing it? Resplitting teams by last games results.
I played 8 games tonight. Each game where we were more or less our regened, we lost. By a good margin each time. Small sample size but more often than not it's true. I've been paying attention ever since their blog post about it. I'm but one person but I think their analysis is full of it.

Also, it's amazon how anytime you are outnumbered in "Last Titan Standing" at the start of a match, you lose 90% of the time. QUIT ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN! 0-3 in matches tonight because it was 5 on 6. Real fun.

While that's true of most games with a ranking system, at the very least it should mean they are familiar with the game. Sometimes that's what makes it an issue.

You can be great at shooter games, but not know a map layout well enough, or weapons and the better uses of them, or (in this game) Titan strategies or uses, and that can be what makes your team lose.

I'm not saying it cannot be done, just that a team of much higher ranks should know a game and/or mode better than those who are lower leveled, or not even "Generationed" yet.

It's a shame they don't have a system similar to Halo, where matchmaking in Halo 3 tried to find people your rank, plus or minus levels. The game should still have a large enough community on all three platforms for that to work. In the case of Generations, that should be the first evaluation, followed by rank comparison. It just makes more sense than the way it seems to randomly match players.

With the way teams are most often unbalanced and the fact I always get killed by kicks to the face or satchel charges, I really have no regrets spending my time in Watch Dogs multiplayer right now. I still have not reached Gen 1 and I'm not seeing an incentive atm.

I've killed 9 titans with the charge rifle yet only have 3 critical hits. What am I missing?
I think you have to hit the glowing red spots on their back for a critical hit.
This. I just finished this challenge and it's pretty random mainly because you can't expect the titans to stand still for you to hit that red spot. You aim for the spot, then they turn or move slightly in a different direction than you were expecting, etc... Just keep shooting at them and eventually you'll get it.

I've killed 9 titans with the charge rifle yet only have 3 critical hits. What am I missing?
I thought that challenge itself was fairly easy, but man I hated when I had teammates that were doing that challenge. In LTS, all the gen 4's on my team would jump out at the start of the game and leave their titans there. Then they'd find the tallest building and use the charge rifle from there. Lost a few games like that.

I thought that challenge itself was fairly easy, but man I hated when I had teammates that were doing that challenge. In LTS, all the gen 4's on my team would jump out at the start of the game and leave their titans there. Then they'd find the tallest building and use the charge rifle from there. Lost a few games like that.
Haha. Yup, guilty as charged. I usually back out and find a new lobby.

The funniest is when you have gen 4's on the other team. There were a couple of games where we were trying to kill each other, while on foot, with the charge rifles from across the map. Random laser beams shooting across from rooftop to rooftop. Lol.

Debating on picking this up again. I bought it used and returned it because it just got so repetitive after a few matches. I'm wanting to take advantage of it being on sale this week at BB. After my GCU and my $10 RZ certificate, I can pick it up for like $26. I have BF4 and DR3 that I haven't even opened yet. I want to keep one, but not sure which. Decisions decisions.......

Debating on picking this up again. I bought it used and returned it because it just got so repetitive after a few matches. I'm wanting to take advantage of it being on sale this week at BB. After my GCU and my $10 RZ certificate, I can pick it up for like $26. I have BF4 and DR3 that I haven't even opened yet. I want to keep one, but not sure which. Decisions decisions.......
If it was repetitive the first few times, it'll be repetitive the next few times. Anytime I've sold or traded a game only to rebuy it it's gone unplayed, and I've regretted rebuying it. Save your money and put it towards a new game, or something that you might have interest in.

Which is pretty much nothing right now lol. I have played Ryse, Forza 5, DR3, BF4, Ghosts, AC, nba 2k14. Had madden 25 on the ps4, so I may just pick up a copy of that.

[quote name="krashhole" post="11843119" timestamp="1402781076"]Which is pretty much nothing right now lol. I have played Ryse, Forza 5, DR3, BF4, Ghosts, AC, nba 2k14. Had madden 25 on the ps4, so I may just pick up a copy of that.[/quote]

You should check out Wolfenstein. It's surprisingly entertaining.

bread's done
Back