Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 'Ultimate Sith Edition' Coming Holiday 2009

I'm on level 2 and I'm already pissed..:rofl:

I'm at the part where
those respawning robots are shooting..and you gotta use your force lightning on that thing..but how do you get up there?! I already jump + shot it, but I don't know what to do next.

[quote name='lilboo']I'm on level 2 and I'm already pissed..:rofl:

I'm at the part where
those respawning robots are shooting..and you gotta use your force lightning on that thing..but how do you get up there?! I already jump + shot it, but I don't know what to do next.
[/quote]

Double jump. A+A then do the dash thing with LB and if you want even further which is what you need for a holocron later you need to add a B
So: A A LB B for the furthest possible movement.

6-8 hour completion time? Looks like I'll be renting this one. Too bad too, I was really looking forward to it, as most of us were.

[quote name='Wolve11']Double jump. A+A then do the dash thing with LB and if you want even further which is what you need for a holocron later you need to add a B
So: A A LB B for the furthest possible movement.[/QUOTE]

But from where? And I have to aim for that thing I blew up, right?

[quote name='lilboo']But from where? And I have to aim for that thing I blew up, right?[/quote]

use Force Grip to lift the glowing platform up across from the ship.

[quote name='lilboo']But from where? And I have to aim for that thing I blew up, right?[/QUOTE]

You have to pull up that big metal platform from the ground.

The story is really amazing. The story telling is lot better than Episode 1, 2, the clone war movie and the recent extended universe novels.

i'm kind of surprised by how some really love this game and some just really hate it. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of averages, just a lot of haters and lovers. :D

I think I'm going to like this game. I haven't played since last night, and I ended up in the spot where I was confused on..:lol:..but I think I'm going to like it. It just feels kinda clunky...like it doesn't seem to respond as quickly as your pressing the button(s)?

Am I alone on that?

[quote name='Wolve11']i'm kind of surprised by how some really love this game and some just really hate it. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of averages, just a lot of haters and lovers. :D[/QUOTE]

That's usually the way it is with mediocre licensed games. Fans of the material see past the flaws and enjoy the game, people who aren't big fans end up hating it.

There's more too it than that of course. i.e. some people really like mindless hack and slash games and can get more out of this than people who don't care for them etc.

But the license has a lot to do with it. If this was generic game and not Star Wars it would have sold like shit and not even had a thread here discussing it.

[quote name='lilboo']I think I'm going to like this game. I haven't played since last night, and I ended up in the spot where I was confused on..:lol:..but I think I'm going to like it. It just feels kinda clunky...like it doesn't seem to respond as quickly as your pressing the button(s)?

Am I alone on that?[/QUOTE]

I noticed that, I would press for a force hold and he would just stand there or it would be just a little too slow. The targeting system really needed more work, should have fired the development team only after it was 100 percent done and gold.

[quote name='dmaul1114']But the license has a lot to do with it. If this was generic game and not Star Wars it would have sold like shit and not even had a thread here discussing it.[/quote]

That is definitely true in this case. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I'm collecting all the Star Wars games from PS2, Xbox, GC, and 360 I can get. No duplicates of course, but the only I reason I got this game was because of that. I have enjoyed this game, but it was definitely something that I should have waited on. Luckily I had used my excessive store credit on this game so I didn't pay anything out of pocket on it.

[quote name='coolsteel']I noticed that, I would press for a force hold and he would just stand there or it would be just a little too slow. The targeting system really needed more work, should have fired the development team only after it was 100 percent done and gold.[/quote]

Holy fuck .. is the target lock on system annoying or what?! Here I am trying to do a the lightning on a boss and my character instead focuses on nearby objects than the enemy...and its almost impossible to lock on manually unless you wanna use all your fingers to jam Y + RB while moving the left and right stick! Pi$$ed the hell outta me when dealing with those large troll/beasts in level 4.

[quote name='destinywaste']Holy fuck .. is the target lock on system annoying or what?! Here I am trying to do a the lightning on a boss and my character instead focuses on nearby objects than the enemy...and its almost impossible to lock on manually unless you wanna use all your fingers to jam Y + RB while moving the left and right stick! Pi$$ed the hell outta me when dealing with those large troll/beasts in level 4.[/QUOTE]

That junk level really pissed me off during that sub-boss fight, I had him all set up to cause an avalanche but could never get a lock on to do it.

The PSP version of this game is actually quite good, because you just have lowered expectations. As a next gen, $60 game, it's pretty rough.

Good lord this game is boring... at least the movies in the game are nice and sound great..

The lack of descriptions for what you are supposed to do kinda surprises me.. its kind of like wander around until you find out what to do :(

Beat it last night on Sith Lord after crying for hours on the last boss. :bouncy:[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Good lord this game is boring... at least the movies in the game are nice and sound great..

The lack of descriptions for what you are supposed to do kinda surprises me.. its kind of like wander around until you find out what to do :([/quote]
Theres a map with a yellow marker telling you where to go.

... If you press select, it'll give you your mission objectives.

Maybe you're not playing the same game as everybody else. :whistle2:k

[quote name='tiredfornow']Beat it last night on Sith Lord after crying for hours on the last boss. :bouncy:
Theres a map with a yellow marker telling you where to go.

... If you press select, it'll give you your mission objectives.

Maybe you're not playing the same game as everybody else. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Im aware of the mission objective, I meant a description of it. I know where to go, its just I got stuck a few times throughout a few of the levels :( Granted I was tired at 2am when I played it, but it didnt help keep me awake :(

Wow, i'm glad I waited on this game after reading the info on this thread. And, I'm a HUGE SW fan. Maybe I'll just read the novel to get the story and wait until this drops to $20.

I'm not hating the game at all. Though it's really not a $60 a game... It's definitely got a high fun factor and a really neat story. I think this would have been better as probably a comic book or graphic novel though, or maybe release with something of the sort, just to fill in any gaps in the story that there might be.

I just completed the game today, and I've gotta say I was very satisfied. I wasn't expecting the best game ever, but it was definately fun. Also, the story was incredible! Lots of twists and turns, interesting characters, tons of action...it was one of my favorite stories in a game i've ever played. My only complaint is the short length of the game. Nonetheless, I'll be playing through it again over the next few days :bouncy:

[quote name='Bezerker']Holy crap the Star Destroyer thing was a pain. They turned one of the highlights of the game into one of the biggest annoyances.

I really am enjoying the story, despite the "average" (Yes, average, Wombat) reviews.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100 percent, i'm on that part right now and it isn't anywhere near fun, I would say whoever came up with this shitty idea needs to be fired but odds are they already were.

Edit: Just beat it and damn did the level design become a complete joke by the last few levels, going back where i've been before then going through a giant tube? All that time spent developing the engine and the best they could come up with were a bunch of levels where it isn't used anywhere near it's full potential ?! I mean damn I couldn't even break windows anymore, the environment became the same old same old stuff seen in a million other games. I loved the final boss fight though, I got the bad ending but it was worth it for that fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah. Thanks. I figured it out not long after I posted :whistle2:x

So here's my first real gripe with the game... It's seriously the same 3 levels over and over again. I seriously hate the jungle like planet and the junk planet. So fucking lame! But the starships are still fun. Something about busting out the windows just feels... right.

[quote name='cubs2321']Ahadi,

You can target the chains and throw your lightsaber at them from the three platforms.
[/QUOTE]

Well i just cleared the junk yard level. So far its pretty entertaining.

Cons.
- Right analog camera moves too slow.
- Seen some slight tearing in the screen.
- Lack of direction.....a few times i was confused on where to go.
- I hate the action button sequences when you have to finish off a boss
(it takes away from the game, you cant watch the endings, because you are too considerated on what button to hit next.)

Just started the 4th level:
WTF do I do in the beginning?! I keep breaking the glass and running around looking for something to turn the gas off...I'm confused as hell...

[quote name='Mattte']Just started the 4th level:
WTF do I do in the beginning?! I keep breaking the glass and running around looking for something to turn the gas off...I'm confused as hell...
[/quote]

Answered on XBL

Just picked up the game today and I already finished the junkyard level. This game so far is a generic, mediocre action/platformer with great graphics. I don't expect it to be a long game. The star wars canonical story is the only keeping me through it.

I just beat it. Took me a little under 9 hours. This was one of those perfect rental games. And even though it's a side story the plot carries a lot of weight in the SW universe. I think the reviews were a bit too harsh. it's a 8/10 in my book.

The game was very glitchy. Here's a few I ran into:
- "Default Text" glitch, this is a bad one, this happens randomly, usually during the last part of the game. You know you have it when you view the the sub-missions menu and it says is "Default Text." in the top sub-mission slot. Sounds harmless but it nulls all your sub-missions including points & hologlyphs. You still get any items or attribute points you collect but it doesn't count towards the missions.
- A mini boss feel through the level and I couldn't beat him thus I couldn't progress, had to restart.
- At the end of the game in a boss fight he froze and stopped moving, The bad part is that I couldn't damage him. It sucks cause I almost beat him. I had to restart.

[quote name='PacManster17']Just picked up the game today and I already finished the junkyard level. This game so far is a generic, mediocre action/platformer with great graphics. I don't expect it to be a long game. The star wars canonical story is the only keeping me through it.[/QUOTE]

You can make the game even shorter by just force running past all the enemies. Don't worry, they won't follow you for very long and almost nothing holds you back from running the whole way. I finished it in around 5 hours or so doing this.

Seriously. fuck this game. I just spent honestly the last an hour an half minimum trying to bring down the Star Destroyer. Absolutely impossible. This game is being traded in so fast.

[quote name='Ahadi']Seriously. fuck this game. I just spent honestly the last an hour an half minimum trying to bring down the Star Destroyer. Absolutely impossible. This game is being traded in so fast.[/QUOTE]

I had to read the Gamefaqs boards for this one, you know what the secret is? When you get to a certain point IGNORE THE fuckING SCREEN DIRECTIONS, seriously they are flat out WRONG. Just keep going until you center it by eye using just the left stick, then tilt it up with the right until the nose is pointing right in the center. Then just pull it down. I got stuck on the same part and the on screen directions didn't make a lick of sense after awhile

I didnt have a problem with the Star Destroyer, although i was playing on easy. It just takes a few times to bring it down after getting rid of the tie fighters.

Overall it was a decent game. I cant say its worth buying. The story is okay, definitely not what i would want to see as a star wars movie. There were some problems with the game, like targeting barrels instead of a big dude right in my face, and how long he takes to get up after getting knocked down. Sometimes i couldnt get up fast enough and would end up getting shot more. The graphics are nice, but i have a headache after playing that, and the camera can be terrible at some points. But overall it was worth the rent.

Yes, this is VERY glitchy. I do like it and it's def not horrible..but I am finding myself more frustrated than enjoying it. I am getting frustrated over things that shouldn't be. If this game was a better smoother, and not so damn clunky..AND THE APPRENTICE WOULD GET UP FASTER AND STOP LAYING ON THE GROUND AS PEOPLE SHOOT HIM...It'd be a little bit more enjoyable.

What is the current trade in @ GS? It's probably $35, right? :whistle2:k
If I can beat it sometime today or tomorrow..maybe I can get it in with the current get $15 deal.

[quote name='lilboo']Yes, this is VERY glitchy. I do like it and it's def not horrible..but I am finding myself more frustrated than enjoying it. I am getting frustrated over things that shouldn't be. If this game was a better smoother, and not so damn clunky..AND THE APPRENTICE WOULD GET UP FASTER AND STOP LAYING ON THE GROUND AS PEOPLE SHOOT HIM...It'd be a little bit more enjoyable.

What is the current trade in @ GS? It's probably $35, right? :whistle2:k
If I can beat it sometime today or tomorrow..maybe I can get it in with the current get $15 deal.[/quote]

I called last night and they said it was $25 dollars. Just for giggles I wanted to see what Rock Band 2 was and it was $24 dollars. I can verify these numbers later today when I stop by.

bread's done
Back