Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course the holiday sale was bigger and better last year. There were a few deals better on black friday than holiday sale. I'm just hoping for a new vegas half off sale.

I can't wait for the next Steam sale.

My wishlist includes:

Dragon Age and Fallout 3 GOTY.

Painkiller

Lost Planet 2

Dead Rising 2

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Bloody Good Time

Transformers War for Cybertron

The Ball

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Deathspank

Shank

Deus Ex GOTY

CS Source

Claptrap DLC for Borderlands

Amnesia

GTA IV Complete

Bad Company 2

Crysis Maximum Edition

My wishlist:

1. Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition - $25-30
I would absolutely kill for this deal. It's a ridiculous amount of content for the money on one of BioWare's best RPG efforts.

2. Fallout: New Vegas - $25-30
I loved Fallout 3 so grabbing this is a no-brainer if I can get a deal.

3. The Witcher: Enahnced Edition - $5-10
I missed this last year when it was about $13, so I would love to see it on sale this year for even less.

4. Mass Effect Bundle - $10-15
Much like Dragon Age, this would be a great value for the money. I don't own a 360 and I've always wanted to check these games out.

5. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - $5-10
I absolutely loved the first game and it'd be great to play the sequel before S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 comes out. Come on, Steam, give us this game without bundling the first one.

6. BioShock 2 - $5
While it didn't get the great reviews of the first one, I'd still like to check this game out.

7. Painkiller: Black Edition - $2.50-5.00
Missed out on this game years ago and I would love to play it on the cheap, just like Prey last year :)

I wouldn't mind if Trackmania United Forever Star Edition got on sale, at some point. I think it's been 40$ the entire time it's been on Steam. Also, Vampire would be good. It's a decent game, but I refuse to buy it at 20$, with the company that made it not even existing anymore.

Wish Sniper was cheaper...I love sniping and there are very few hardcore sniper sims ever made, but the reviews were pretty bad, this sounds like a 4.99 price point for me, not 15

I'm looking for a good price on the UT and quake series. Pretty much have everything I want atm but I find it hard to turn down games between 2-5 bucks

[quote name='Allerka']I wouldn't mind if Trackmania United Forever Star Edition got on sale, at some point.[/QUOTE]

It was $20 during last year's Black Friday sale. Just checked my transaction history...

[quote name='Ardrid']
3. The Witcher: Enahnced Edition - $5-10
I missed this last year when it was about $13, so I would love to see it on sale this year for even less.
[/QUOTE]

This was $6 on Amazon a couple of days ago, though it looks like it's back up to $20 now. Wouldn't be surprised if Steam hits $10 or below, especially with the second one coming out next year.

[quote name='Ardrid']My wishlist:

2. Fallout: New Vegas - $25-30
I loved Fallout 3 so grabbing this is a no-brainer if I can get a deal.
[/QUOTE]

You can get number 2 right now at direct2drive and then register the key on steam (since it is a steamworks game). Just use Load15 coupon on checkout and get it for $29.71

[quote name='bvharris']This was $6 on Amazon a couple of days ago, though it looks like it's back up to $20 now. Wouldn't be surprised if Steam hits $10 or below, especially with the second one coming out next year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that deal. Only reason I didn't jump is I want to try and keep all my digital downloads consolidated with Steam.

[quote name='Saablic']You can get number 2 right now at direct2drive and then register the key on steam (since it is a steamworks game). Just use Load15 coupon on checkout and get it for $29.71[/QUOTE]

Hmm...nice find. Thanks man.

If I can get a good deal on Gyromancer and DeathSpank I am happy. Nice thing is that even if I do not get those I bet there will be stuff that I buy and love more then what I am hoping for. Last year I had never heard of Nation Red or Kings Bounty and just bought them because of the large discounts and I put dozens of hours in to both.

I've got a whole bunch of things on my wish list, but I suppose the MAIN thing I'm hoping for is a 50% off or more on Just Cause 2.

I would also be happy with deals on:
World in Conflict
Penny Arcade episodes
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
FEAR1
Borderlands Claptrap DLC
Metro 2033
Worms Reloaded
Monkey Island 2: SE
The Witcher EE
GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City

And I'm sure there will be games that will be bought because they are cheap and I end up loving them (like getting Shatter for $2.50 during the Summer sale).

EDIT:[quote name='mistymayem']Hoping for a decent deal on TF2. What's the lowest it's been?[/QUOTE]

It's been as low as $2-$2.50. But that was only for a few hours on Halloween last year. During a normal sale I can't recall seeing it for less than $10.

[quote name='mistymayem']Hoping for a decent deal on TF2. What's the lowest it's been?[/QUOTE]

2.50$ I think it was last Halloween?

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']

It's been as low as $2-$2.50. But that was only for a few hours on Halloween last year. During a normal sale I can't recall seeing it for less than $10.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Abeja']2.50$ I think it was last Halloween?[/QUOTE]

I'm just hoping for

I wouldn't mind finally getting CS Source again. I had it on my old steam acct before I misplaced the password and couldn't retrieve it. Something like that is almost a given on these sales.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Tag, though I think both this topic and the steam topic should have been 1.[/QUOTE]

Well, we must have a discussion thread in the PC forum. But deals go in the deal forum, so the two threads must forever remain apart. It'd be cool if a single thread could exist in both forums simultaneously though.

Nice find MXRider. If you have a Mac, could you just register the game with Steam then download the Mac version? I know if you bought the game through steam, you can get both versions.

I spent so much with Steam last year and have a huge backlog of games since 1995. This year will only add more to it. :)

A gaming PC is cheap these days for those of you who mentioned you don't have and would like one. IF you could afford a 360/PS3 especially in their first couple years you can afford a gaming PC. There's many articles online on how to build a budget gaming PC. Plus with components getting cheaper and the latest video card war between Nvidia and AMD/ATI there's never been a better time.

http://hardocp.com/news/2010/11/20/computer_component_costs_dropping/

[quote name='Abeja']Nice find MXRider. If you have a Mac, could you just register the game with Steam then download the Mac version? I know if you bought the game through steam, you can get both versions.[/QUOTE]

Yep! TF2 is a SteamPlay title which means that it works on OSX and Windows.

Did the sales start on Thanksgiving day last year and go through the weekend, or did they start earlier in the week?

So is this thread gonna replace the epic Steam Christmas Deals!! and Steam Thanksgiving Deals!! etc threads? Cause that would be kind cool. We could just have one big permanent thread for it all.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']So is this thread gonna replace the epic Steam Christmas Deals!! and Steam Thanksgiving Deals!! etc threads? Cause that would be kind cool. We could just have one big permanent thread for it all.[/QUOTE]

That is certainly my intention. No need to make new threads when we can keep it all in one place.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Oh Steam has 2 sales? I only remembered one very long one that had mind blowing deals. Thought it was like all of December.[/QUOTE]

Steam has 3 big sales this year. The summer sale, Black Friday weekend sale, and holiday sale (Dec. 24-January). Read post # 2 for more info.

Wasn't holiday sale a little longer last year? I could have sworn it started a few days before Christmas.

Regardless, I wasn't around for the BF sale last year. Was it as big as the holiday sale?

I have just added a section on free games to the OP. Here's what I chose to include:

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Guys weird question so I see the Portal Still Alive is going to be on sale on the 360, is this game errr should i say levels exclusive to the 360, or is it available on steam?

[quote name='Xfactor19990']Guys weird question so I see the Portal Still Alive is going to be on sale on the 360, is this game errr should i say levels exclusive to the 360, or is it available on steam?[/QUOTE]

I answered you in the other thread. Do not distrust EastX.

I Hate Mountains is pretty awesome though a bit too dark.

What's the likelihood that any of the Borderlands DLC's will go on sale now that the GOTY edition is out?

Is there any way for me to purchase a game as a gift but have the code or whatever sent to me on steam so my son doesnt get it till xmas?

Can I just "buy as gift" and send it to my email address and it will be a code I can put in his stocking or something on xmas?

[quote name='Ribkage']Is there any way for me to purchase a game as a gift but have the code or whatever sent to me on steam so my son doesnt get it till xmas?

Can I just "buy as gift" and send it to my email address and it will be a code I can put in his stocking or something on xmas?[/QUOTE]

Yes, do exactly as you speculated. Buy as gift and enter your email addresss. Then your son can click the hyperlink while he is logged into steam. Steam will popup a window with a button that says, "Open my gift." Click this button, and it will tie the game to his account.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I Hate Mountains is pretty awesome though a bit too dark.

What's the likelihood that any of the Borderlands DLC's will go on sale now that the GOTY edition is out?[/QUOTE]

Im hoping for that too. Maybe Dec 3rd when Borderlands comes to Mac? I hope?

I don't like the idea of one dedicated Steam thread

The deals are much too free form to make this useful besides set sales like holiday and summer sales.

There's been sales that are only up a few hours (or under) and I can't see the thread creator quitting everything else in his life so he can keep it up to date to make it worth it.

I am insulted, Jaysonguy. Maybe that's how people who joined in 2009 and have no avatar image roll, but not me. You can go to the back of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back