Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KaOTiK']me![/QUOTE]

Lol, I saw your post right after posting my last. So 1 more to go... here's a list of who's in so far.

wolve
killerthrust
DarkonJohn
BitLooter
KaOTiK

So how do CAGers usually do these bundle deals? One guy buys and everyone else PayPals him?

I'm interested in the Hal life 10-pack, but i'm from Chile =/, there's a way I can pay to the one who buys the pack? (paypal maybe?)

[quote name='wolve']Lol, I saw your post right after posting my last. So 1 more to go... here's a list of who's in so far.

wolve
killerthrust
DarkonJohn
BitLooter
KaOTiK

So how do CAGers usually do these bundle deals? One guy buys and everyone else PayPals him?[/QUOTE]

that is correct

[quote name='wolve']Lol, I saw your post right after posting my last. So 1 more to go... here's a list of who's in so far.

wolve
killerthrust
DarkonJohn
BitLooter
KaOTiK

So how do CAGers usually do these bundle deals? One guy buys and everyone else PayPals him?[/QUOTE]

That's usually how I have done it. I did Borderlands and Bioshock 2 I believe back when they first came out. Once I received the money, I sent the gift copy over to their account.

wolve
killerthrust
DarkonJohn
BitLooter
KaOTiK

I'm in for the sixth spot.

[quote name='killerthrust']that is correct[/QUOTE]

PM sent to confirm my piece of the Borderlands pie.

And I just realized that group buy discussions like this one should be happening in the Group Buy threads that EastX conveniently posted in the OP. Just thought I'd mention that before we get scolded because I'm guilty too ;-)

[quote name='TheLongshot']Someone needs to step up and host the HL2 10 pack. (Unfortunately, I can't since I'm away from a computer that I can access with Steam.)[/QUOTE]

FUll Thanks guys!

jcmeadows (me, lol) in for 1
A buddy of jcmeadows in for 1
Neo Yor in for 1
TheLongshot in for 1
dallow in for 1
killerthrust in for 1
jester55 in for 1
jkam in for 1
Virsago in for 1
Vigilance in for 1

[quote name='killerthrust']nice :) it sucks for me that they taking 49 from each payment sent to me on paypal[/QUOTE]
Can't you mark it as a gift to not have them take the 49 cents?

Also I will host the Deus 8 pack if people are interested.

\EDIT: Nevermind on the 8-pack.

[quote name='killerthrust']nice :) it sucks for me that they taking 49 from each payment sent to me on paypal[/QUOTE]

Sent PM for borderlands

[quote name='miyamotofreak']Can't you mark it as a gift to not have them take the 49 cents?

Also I will host the Deus 8 pack if people are interested.[/QUOTE]

i'm interested in one, hope we can get enough.

[quote name='icele']i'm interested in one, hope we can get enough.[/QUOTE]
After thinking about it, I'm actually going to not do the eight pack sorry. I didn't know they were available individual for $2.50. Coordinating all those to save less than a dollar isn't that great especially when I won't be home today.

I second the earlier recommendation for Alpha Protocol. I picked it up on the cheap at Target a month or so ago (not this cheap, mind you), and it's really quite good for the most part. The story is what you would expect from an RPG in this genre: sinister multinational corporations, global terrorism, secrets, lies, betrayal, et cetera. The game works well for the most part, although the controls can be somewhat sticky and the cover system's implementation is somewhat flawed. It also has a holdover in-mission save-checkpoint system (it is a console port), but I never had a problem with checkpoints being spaced too far out to be annoying.

[quote name='SEH']How are the games in the Indie pack? I've already got Quantz, but the others look interesting.[/QUOTE]

The only one in the pack that I've played is Galcon Fusion, and it's a good strategy game best played in short 10 minute spurts that you can come back to whenever. I picked it up for around $2, and I thought it was worth that.

Getting Alpha Protocol myself, not looking forward to losing all my money the rest of the week.

Even when we use our bank accounts?

God I loathe ebay. I hate them even more after a recent debacle I'm still dealing with (scammer bought an item I sold on there).

[quote name='killerthrust']all of the borderlands copies have been taken. thank you for everyone who participated.

Deus ex 8 pack, lets go

$1.50 for each copy[/QUOTE]

pm sent

[quote name='Kamakazi010654']Am I just missing it or is it only the 9 games on sale right now? No super huge list like usual?[/QUOTE]

Changes every day.

Pmd you killerthrust

[quote name='killerthrust']all of the borderlands copies have been taken. thank you for everyone who participated.

Deus ex 8 pack, lets go

PM Sent.

Deus ex 8 pack, lets go

Pm sent

[quote name='eastx']Updating the thread now. My internet was down for a little while. Thanks for your patience and support everybody.[/QUOTE]

no excuse. get to it. =)

Okay, the thread has been updated. Here are trailers for most of the today's games on sale:

[youtube]86WpLFOIYjw[/youtube][youtube]uSIAy6EtvKw[/youtube]
[youtube]Y0BmQ1i9Kgo[/youtube][youtube]uRPJGa88lds[/youtube]
[youtube]jxpdsx4bYqY[/youtube][youtube]50DAIEBmHtg[/youtube]

Feedback of the OP is welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back