Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had never heard of any of the games in the Indie pack, but for $5 it looks like a great deal, especially with a lot of people in here recommending that Recettear game.

Would have gotten Deathspank too, but that's a pretty disappointing sale price, since it's cheaper on PSN. I'll wait for it to inevitably be cheaper during a future sale.

EDIT: Full up, thanks to everyone who participated.

To buyers, please excuse any tardiness I may display. I'll try to send things out ASAP, but there's a lot going on here right now, with Thanksgiving.

Hosting an Audiosurf pack. PM me if you want in.

1. BitLooter
2. (Reserved)
3. (Reserved)
4. eastx SENT
5. Xedeus SENT
6. docvinh SENT
7. headpiece747 SENT
8. anathema728 SENT
9. Supersheep SENT
10. volt1up SENT
11. volt1up SENT
12. jedik SENT

Does anyone have any Deus Ex: GOTY pack copies left? I should have gone for this last night and did not - and then woke up too late this morning. PM me if you have any slots left - thanks.

seamoss

Alright, it's too hard to find anyone to host these so I'm going to take care of it in a second. I will be doing both the Puzzle Quest and the L4D2 packs. Please do not start PMing me until I edit this post and say I've purchased them. Please do not PM after one hour because they will all be gone.

If I don't respond to you and it is past an hour, you didn't get in. I will post again in this same post when I'm full. Sorry, I don't feel like updating a list.

Sorry all, I'm all out now. Still trying to sort things out, if you paid me and didn't receive anything PM me, but I think as of 2:46 EST I'm get on everyone but evlimchenry, still need your steam email.

I HAVE ONE EXTRA PAYMENT FOR PUZZLE QUEST!!! IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE A GAME GIFT FROM ME, PM ME FOR YOUR REFUND!!!

Picked up the story pack - no clue when I'll get around to any of those games, but it was too good to pass up. Also got in on a PQ2 pack. All in all a good day. Can't wait to see what deals will be up tomorrow.

I've got to head out for lunch with the family but I'm definitely in for a spot in a PQ2 & L4D2 pack if anyone wants to include me. I won't be able to respond for a couple of hours but I'll be back around my PC in a few hours.

I refreshed right when the store page changed and managed to snag Alpha Protocol for 7.50. It's gone from the store now... crazy. I feel lucky to have gotten in on it when I did.

I'm really hoping these future pack deals are also available as single ones, because I really want Just Cause 2, splinter cell, and empire total war but I'm sure as hell not using paypal (nothing but horrible experiences with them). I notice some of these pack deals are available as single, but not all of them.

Valve's really going to make me sweat this one out I guess.

[quote name='cheapfrag']So is $10.20 a good price for Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what's in the goty edition, as I seem to recall the few pieces of dlc it got being free, but as for the game itself? It's fantastic, kind of easy even on hard, but if you make your own challenges like clearing rooms 100% stealthily it makes it even more fun.

The predator challenges outside the main game are also fantastic.

Got the indie story pack. I wanted Recettear anyway and even ignoring the other four games that's 75% off. The rest don't look half bad either.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']I'm not sure what's in the goty edition, as I seem to recall the few pieces of dlc it got being free, but as for the game itself? It's fantastic, kind of easy even on hard, but if you make your own challenges like clearing rooms 100% stealthily it makes it even more fun.

The predator challenges outside the main game are also fantastic.[/QUOTE]

I understand it's a good game just trying to figure out if it has been or will be cheaper... Plus I don't play on the PC as much as I used to... now play the PS3 more... any comments on the best version? XBOX, PS3 or PC? (I have a GTX 460). Thanks!

[quote name='cheapfrag']I understand it's a good game just trying to figure out if it has been or will be cheaper... Plus I don't play on the PC as much as I used to... now play the PS3 more... any comments on the best version? XBOX, PS3 or PC? (I have a GTX 460). Thanks![/QUOTE]

If you have a good PC, the PC version is the best way to go. It has additional PhysX features that the console versions don't have (i.e. floor tiles can shatter when you hit them with your batarang, smoke that flows around you as you walk through it, more physics based flags and banners, etc.)

$10 is the best price I've seen any version at so far. I got the PC version for $12.50 a while back on GFWL and this is the first time I've seen a better price on it.

I also have the Xbox 360 version. Really you can't go wrong with any version, but the PC one does have the added PhysX effects and this is the best price I've seen for it.

[quote name='Viper45']Hmm... does anyone want to tell me why people are so excited for Recettear?[/QUOTE]

It's a somewhat simple game with cute visuals that's different enough and cheap enough to sink some time into.

Hold crap I was hoping Recettear would be included for sale and was willing to pay $10 for that alone! This indie pack was a ridiculous value :)

Would anyone like to trade a copy of Puzzle Quest 2 for a copy of Secret of Monkey Island? I have a spare copy of that game from a while ago.

Steam once again blows everyone out of the water. Picked up the Indie pack even though some of the games I've gotten through pay what you want. I got Puzzle Quest 2 from Big Fish Games, it is really a solid game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back