Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Free update for Gauntlet today.

Patch 2.0 Notes: 

• The Heroes have cried out and the gods have answered. A new Game mode called ‘Endless’ has been added so combatants can test their might against the limitless hordes! 
• Heroes rejoice! For now all Gauntlet combatants can change their special abilities by equipping different weapon ‘Load-outs’ in the Lobby screen. 
• Heroes now have their own Unique Potion Abilities to wreak further destruction on their foes within the Gauntlet. 
• Relics will no longer require a potion to use! Instead, they now work with a ‘Cool-down’ system, and many have been updated with gameplay tweaks. 
• The Gauntlet is now more fearsome than ever as new enemy types have been added to enhance the mayhem! 
• Beware! Several existing monster types have been updated with new abilities as well as visual upgrades. 
• ‘Colloseum’ mode has been modified into a ‘daily challenge mode’ for Heroes to test their valor against. 
• Now instead of a ‘Hub’ area/room the campaign is represented through a map. 
• The Gauntlet has gone through some renovations! The gods have performed some Art and Gameplay polish on all environments as well as UI updates to provide a more refined Gauntlet experience. 
• Difficulty has been rebalanced and difficulties have been renamed to match the changes made. 
• The ‘Tally Screen’ at the end of each floor has been updated so Heroes have a more clear idea on how they fared. 
• Certain ‘Masteries’ and ‘Achievements’ have been changed to reflect their updated requirements and new ones have been added for ‘Endless’ mode. 
• We love Gold! ‘Masteries’ now give gold bonuses instead of Gameplay advantages, and every participant in the Gauntlet will now accumulate their own gold stash. 
• A heroes ‘Kill Score’ will no longer influence how much gold is awarded at the end of any given floor. 
• The Credits have been updated. 
• The Heroes have cried out and the gods have answered by addressing many other small gameplay issues. 

Also - I'm eating Double Stuff Oreo's with vanilla cake frosting for dinner. 'MURICA

Free update for Gauntlet today.

Patch 2.0 Notes:

• The Heroes have cried out and the gods have answered. A new Game mode called ‘Endless’ has been added so combatants can test their might against the limitless hordes!
• Heroes rejoice! For now all Gauntlet combatants can change their special abilities by equipping different weapon ‘Load-outs’ in the Lobby screen.
• Heroes now have their own Unique Potion Abilities to wreak further destruction on their foes within the Gauntlet.
• Relics will no longer require a potion to use! Instead, they now work with a ‘Cool-down’ system, and many have been updated with gameplay tweaks.
• The Gauntlet is now more fearsome than ever as new enemy types have been added to enhance the mayhem!
• Beware! Several existing monster types have been updated with new abilities as well as visual upgrades.
• ‘Colloseum’ mode has been modified into a ‘daily challenge mode’ for Heroes to test their valor against.
• Now instead of a ‘Hub’ area/room the campaign is represented through a map.
• The Gauntlet has gone through some renovations! The gods have performed some Art and Gameplay polish on all environments as well as UI updates to provide a more refined Gauntlet experience.
• Difficulty has been rebalanced and difficulties have been renamed to match the changes made.
• The ‘Tally Screen’ at the end of each floor has been updated so Heroes have a more clear idea on how they fared.
• Certain ‘Masteries’ and ‘Achievements’ have been changed to reflect their updated requirements and new ones have been added for ‘Endless’ mode.
• We love Gold! ‘Masteries’ now give gold bonuses instead of Gameplay advantages, and every participant in the Gauntlet will now accumulate their own gold stash.
• A heroes ‘Kill Score’ will no longer influence how much gold is awarded at the end of any given floor.
• The Credits have been updated.
• The Heroes have cried out and the gods have answered by addressing many other small gameplay issues.

Also - I'm eating Double Stuff Oreo's with vanilla cake frosting for dinner. 'MURICA
53262119.jpg

So, Runic, the creators of the Torchlight series have been off the radar for several years. Today they revealed...

http://www.hobgame.com/

A multiplatform adventure game for guys, gals, gaming grannies, and social justice warriors everywhere. Complete with website designed for touch pad devices. RIP Runic. Guess it's obvious why Eric Schaefer and Travis Baldree left a while ago.
Eh, they're trying something different. At least it's not the same old shit.

Besides grannies (and grannies at heart) need games too.

Hi, my name is HitlerCat and I am a reformed bundleaholic.

I'm passing on the IndieGala Monday, the new BundleStars bundle and the Groupees Steampunk bundles despite at least a +17 Steam count.

It helps that there's not one of those games I see myself actually ever playing.

It also helps that Groupees is overpricing their bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm passing on the IndieGala Monday, the new BundleStars bundle and the Groupees Steampunk bundles despite at least a +17 Steam count.

It helps that there's not one of those games I see myself actually ever playing.

Hi, my name is spoder and I'm HitlerCat's sponsor. I'll be taking his bundle keys from here on out to keep him safe from bundle addiction!

I'm in the same boat. Pretty much stopped buying bundles since I got disillusioned with selling cards for 3c in the summer sale - I think I actually have a bunch of keys I haven't even bothered to redeem yet. Until somebody can put out a bundle with a game that actually piques my interest, I'll be trying to tackle my backlog.

Hi, my name is spoder and I'm HitlerCat's sponsor. I'll be taking his bundle keys from here on out to keep him safe from bundle addiction!
Thanks mate, you're the best!

I'm in the same boat. Pretty much stopped buying bundles since I got disillusioned with selling cards for 3c in the summer sale - I think I actually have a bunch of keys I haven't even bothered to redeem yet. Until somebody can put out a bundle with a game that actually piques my interest, I'll be trying to tackle my backlog.
Yeah, with over 2000 games if I don't see a stand-out game I really want to play then I ain't buying it :speaktothehand:

You guys need to go the CSGO route and invest in capsules/stickers early on when they're at an all-time low. Wait many months later....LOADS OF MONAAAAAAAY.

Hi, HitlerCat!

Today I spent $50 on a comic book bundle. I don't read comic books. But it does come with a mystery box that i'm pretty excited about.

Hi, HitlerCat!

Today I spent $50 on a comic book bundle. I don't read comic books. But it does come with a mystery box that i'm pretty excited about.
Does anyone want to tell him that the mystery box is probably gonna be more comics?

I've been taking a sort of middle ground for a while now with the bundles. Meaning that I don't just buy +1 for the sake of +1. Even if it's not something I will play soon (or ever :p) it has to at least be halfway decent looking and there has to be half or more games I don't own that aren't complete trash or otherwise at least one game I really want, which is rare.

Given that criteria it's been pretty easy to mostly ignore Poopees lately. Though they do try to trick people with some modicum of standards and who won't buy repeats with their pre-order and hint shenanigans.

Eh, they're trying something different. At least it's not the same old shit.

Besides grannies (and grannies at heart) need games too.
F'dat. Apparently there was a rift at Runic as I'm now reading the departures of Eric and Travis wasn't without strife. Their game, Rebel Galaxy, was being developed at Runic and I guess someone else in the company (Max?) decided against it? Unfortunately Rebel Galaxy commits a huge sin against its Freelancer type genre vibe: It's third person ship piloting. With, of course, consoles in mind.

Such a shame a promising indie company that was at the forefront of the Derpablo genre has fractured and is now pumping out multi-platform casual fluff. Further proof consoles ruin everything!

RIP Blizzard North.

F'dat. Apparently there was a rift at Runic as I'm now reading the departures of Eric and Travis wasn't without strife. Their game, Rebel Galaxy, was being developed at Runic and I guess someone else in the company (Max?) decided against it? Unfortunately Rebel Galaxy commits a huge sin against its Freelancer type genre vibe: It's third person ship piloting. With, of course, consoles in mind.

Such a shame a promising indie company that was at the forefront of the Derpablo genre has fractured and is now pumping out multi-platform casual fluff. Further proof consoles ruin everything!

RIP Blizzard North.
Travis baldree was the only one with any talent the rest were old hacks that we're getting by with their past at blizzard

Windows 10 is basically a big patch to Windows 8 that just rearranges some UI stuff and puts the apps in separate windows. With rare exceptions you'll just have the same issues with old games that 8 did.

Of course any time a new OS is released some people will go running around and blaming it for everything up to and including causing cancer, but unless you've got some specifics and first hand experience then it's all useless hearsay.

*Edited to add: Read that article. *yawn* It's much ado about nothing. Those games are old as dirt and that DRM is a fossilized relic. Of course that DRM is not going to be updated going forward. If it wasn't Windows 10 it would be 11 or 12 or whatever. It's old and out of date. If the publishers want to keep selling it then it's in their interest to update. If they don't oh well.

It's not worth sticking to an old OS for all eternity for a few old ass games that aren't getting updated to have their shitty archaic DRM removed.
are you seriously trying to claim windows 10 doesnt cause cancer

Made my first ever G2A purchase today by grabbing Pillars of Eternity for $11 from a 97% SELLER WITH 10K+ feedback.
Looking at the game on G2A right now, I'm seeing other very recent negative feedback, also regarding Pillars. And are you referring to the seller with nearly 80k ratings?

There are some very trustworthy bulksellers on the cesspool over here, however, selling mostly videocard promo codes. But I wouldn't take the chance on G2A.

MysterD doesn't bother going to strip clubs. Too much DRM what with only being able to rent the strippers without owning them.

Any of you guys who've played DA: Inquisition have an issue with the game crashing-to-desktop after you talk to Cullen shortly after arriving at Skyhold? I guess the obvious workaround would be to not talk to him, but this is the first bug of this sort I've encountered with the game and I've seen no mention of it on the system of tubes.

Bold prediction for the day: Humble Blizzard Bundle incoming.
I could actually see this happening. Especially with WoW subscription #'s in the shitter. They could bundle WoW + most if not all of the xpacs, a couple Hearth Stone packs and maybe a Hero or 2 from Heroes of the Storm. They usually run deals on WoW + the xpacs anyway.

Artur with Gamersgate agreed that my Batman "purchase" wasn't copasetic and is refunding me (and presumably revoking the key for non-payment).

Another satisfied G2A customer is in the making!

Artur with Gamersgate agreed that my Batman "puchase" wasn't copasetic and is refunding me (and presumably revoking the key for non-payment).

Another satisfied G2A customer is in the making!
I can't believe they have more than one employee answering the emails now. What happened to Ashot P?

I could actually see this happening. Especially with WoW subscription #'s in the shitter. They could bundle WoW + most if not all of the xpacs, a couple Hearth Stone packs and maybe a Hero or 2 from Heroes of the Storm. They usually run deals on WoW + the xpacs anyway.
I could get down w/ some cheap Wow Expansions + game-time.

I have just about everything else Blizzard since Diablo 1 PC, though.

I could get down w/ some cheap Wow Expansions + game-time.

I have just about everything else Blizzard since Diablo 1 PC, though.
All the WoW expansions up to but not including the newest (Warlords of Draenor currently) are included in the base game now.

And on the g2a front. The seller refunded my money when I made the invalid key claim. Either way I'm ok with the experience. I figured worse case is that I would lose $10. I didn't go into it thinking things were actually gonna work out. I more or less used it as a curiosity experiment.

$10 is a drop in the bucket when you're an 8GB VRAM baller like me.

bread's done
Back