Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon is having the same crappy 25% off sale.

I don't quite understand what's going on with Bethesda/Zenimax and their sale pricing, but I still blame Elder Scrolls Online.

In other news, I found myself asking for a Scooby Doo game while playing Slender: Scooby Doo Edition White Noise Online the other day.

This is not what I had in mind.
Needs more pantless Porky Pig.

Amazon is having the same crappy 25% off sale.

I don't quite understand what's going on with Bethesda/Zenimax and their sale pricing, but I still blame Elder Scrolls Online.
Doom & Wolfenstein are daily deals. Other games get daily deals later. I'd expect steam have similar deals too. (Like previous years!)

Is anyone else having trouble registering Sky Nations? The site keeps telling me my key is incorrect or has already been used.

Shot an email to support.
UPDATE: Got a response. Looks like IR/Desura adds an extra series of characters to the end. If you have the same issue, try omitting what's after the last hyphen. It did the trick.

You know, since everyone asked.

FWIW, the dev has also said that you can continue to register on the site past the release date (today) without having to contact him directly for your Steam key.

So Isomer got added to Steam Early Access about a week ago and was in the Indie Royale Mixer 4 bundle.

Dev is being all derp dee derp dee derp and having people email him for keys now even though he was supposed to have been looking into contacting Indie Royale a week ago.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/311980/discussions/0/45350791232717227/

K1lo [developer] Jul 11 @ 9:46am

I'm in the process of contacting the Bundle guys so I can match emails / keys to people who picked up Isomer in the bundle. Once I've worked it out I'll be able to issue keys - keep an eye on this thread http://ionisingsoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=791.0 :)
Pardinuz has Isomer Jul 11 @ 1:00pm

Nice! :) But do we really need to send that email? Usually it's possible to grab the keys from the places we bought them
K1lo [developer] Jul 11 @ 3:20pm

At the moment this is the only way I've found to sort this out easily for everyone.. but I'm still trying to work out the best way. Currently I'm waiting for Steam to generate the extra keys for me so I can start to distribute them.
emtilt Jul 11 @ 4:16pm

Please don't do it that way. You run the risk of being flooded with emails, and it's a hassle for everyone. It has been disastrous for some devs who have tried to do it that way before realizing that they bit off more than they could handle. Humble, Desura, and IndieRoyale can all easily and nearly instantly distribute the keys to everyone who bought it. They all have mechanisms in place for dealing with this situation, because hundreds of games have now had to do it.
K1lo [developer] Jul 12 @ 3:26am

emtilt - I am in the process of contacting them now to sort this out, perhaps you're right.. I'm already getting a flood of emails and I don't want to keep anyone waiting. I'll come back to everyone once I've figured out the best way to do this. Apologies, I'll update as soon as I can about this :)
Then suddenly today:

K1lo [developer] 4 hours ago

Thanks XTL5000, I sent out a batch of keys last night and will send out some more today. It's a manual process unfortunately but I will get through all remaining requests that have come in now, so if you haven't got it already you will soon :)

Anyway if you got that bundle and want it you might as well shoot him an email at [email protected]. Quicker than waiting and hoping he pulls his head out of ass.

He gets the Beatrice of the Week award.

5GaZImQ.jpg

Anybody have advice on selling foil cards?

I have the only Abu foil for Millennium 2 right now. One of the other foils is up at $20 and all the rest are $4-6. I put mine up for $14, but don't know if I should be more around the $4-6 ones. Should I just wait it out and see if anybody's foolish enough to buy it at the high price or take advantage of having the only one and price aggressively? Or will this card just never sell because people don't care about this game?

I have the only Abu foil for Millennium 2 right now. One of the other foils is up at $20 and all the rest are $4-6. I put mine up for $14, but don't know if I should be more around the $4-6 ones. Should I just wait it out and see if anybody's foolish enough to buy it at the high price or take advantage of having the only one and price aggressively? Or will this card just never sell because people don't care about this game?
Price aggressively. Only 8 have crafted Millennium 1 foil, so it's just that no one cares.

I recommend thanking your lucky stars that some poor, level 3 private account mistakenly bought your foil for a tenner. I'd feel guilty but it's probably an alt account.

Disclaimer: this is the second time I've bragged about this and it won't be the last.

:whee:

I noticed Ardorlea game usually have decent enough priced cards but their foils suck arse for selling. I sat on a Spirited Heart foil for a long time till I eventually unloaded it for $1.20 or so. Price aggressively and watch for buy orders....just take what you can the foils are not very popular.

How come I don't getz foilz? Screw you GabeN and the (virtual) hippo you rode in on!
Needz moar Steem Levl bro.

Also, you need to learn GabeN's secret handshake. It's a regular handshake except you hand him a half-pound burger concealed in your palm.

I just got $3.48 from a Shantae card and it wasn't even a foil. One day I can tell my grandchildren about this.
Shhh! Don't tell them about that! Then the grandkids will just be expecting to get that $3.48 in their inheritance.

So has some friendly cag wrote a guide to idling and selling cards. I have a small backlog from bundles and more from generous cags so I might as well start prepping for the autumn sale.

Yeeeeeah.  The only non-obvious aspects are to look to Enhanced Steam to see which games have the more valuable cards so you can focus more effectively, and that with SAM you could idle the games without having downloaded them, but the latter makes you a steenkin' pie rat and Playfire will unfriend you and burn your house down.

If you don't know what Steam Achievement Manager is, Google is your friend.

http://indiepinata.com/

If you own one or more of the games in that promo, then you get a discount on the other games. The discounts aren't working properly right now though, I can't get Mousecraft's discount to work, but 10,000,000 works fine.

It looks like the Mousecraft coupon some of us got will stack with this.

(Thanks to NeoGAF for the info.)

I noticed Ardorlea game usually have decent enough priced cards but their foils suck arse for selling. I sat on a Spirited Heart foil for a long time till I eventually unloaded it for $1.20 or so. Price aggressively and watch for buy orders....just take what you can the foils are not very popular.
Er. Spirited Heart is a Winter Wolves game, not Ardorlea.

As much as I want Dishonored's Brigmore Witches DLC I have decided to hold firm and not buy it until it hit's 75% off.  

This is mainly out of spite for Bethesda not dropping it to 75% off with the main game during the summer sale.  

It's a shitty practice & they have to be dissuaded of it.

The Quakecon bundle doesn't include Brink, Rogue Warrior, Hunted, Elder Scrolls 3+4, any Quake games, Doom 3, Doom BFG...

This same bundle had all that (except for Doom BFG) a few years ago.

The Quakecon bundle doesn't include Brink, Rogue Warrior, Hunted, Elder Scrolls 3+4, any Quake games, Doom 3, Doom BFG...

This same bundle had all that (except for Doom BFG) a few years ago.
Doesn't include New Vegas, FO3 or Rage, either. Surprising.

Last year was the year to get it. I think it was $89, and included all but maybe the last Dishonored DLC. Glad I got it the year before for $100, which is the price this year. Unfortunately, that didn't include any Skyrim DLC, so I'm getting hosed now. I'm sure those won't go for more than 50% off this weekend.

Crosspost from the BS thread...

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Bundle - $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Go East DLC
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Force of Nature Paint Jobs DLC
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Halloween Paint Jobs DLC
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Ice Cold Paint Jobs DLC
  • Euro Truck Simulator
  • Bus Driver
  • Scania Truck Driving Simulator
  • Trucks & Trailers
[/customspoiler]

Crosspost from the BS thread...

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Bundle - $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes]

• Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Go East DLC
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Force of Nature Paint Jobs DLC
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Halloween Paint Jobs DLC
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Ice Cold Paint Jobs DLC
  • Euro Truck Simulator
  • Bus Driver
  • Scania Truck Driving Simulator
  • Trucks & Trailers
[/customspoiler]
Also crossposting:

This is pretty much just a key/set of keys for Euro Truck Simulator 2 Collector's Bundle on Steam, as the contents are the same, just with keys (though it might be a singular key anyways, no idea).

The bundle's MSRP is $39.99, and has been as cheap as $8 on Steam so unless the keys are separate and you wanna split the bundle, you're probably better off waiting for it to go back on sale on Steam or go cheaper on BundleStars' site.

New Humble Weekly bundle contains Cook, Serve, Delicious in the $1 tier. I bought it as a last-day purchase in the Summer Sale.

You're welcome.

P.s. OOTP14 also being in the $1 tier makes me very happy indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back