:br: IP Man 1+2 (Germany) - 1/7/11
:br: The Last Exorcism (France) - 1/18/11
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2: Collector's Edition (Europe) - 1/18/11
:br: The Expendables: Limited Special Edition (Germany) - 1/28/11
:br: The Expendables: Hero Pack Limited Special Edition (Germany) - 1/28/11

February
:br: Despicable Me [Saturns Exclusive] (Germany/Switzerland) - 2/3/11
:br: LIFE: Vol. 1 Limited Edition [Amazon Exclusive] (Germany) - 2/11/11
:ps3:/:360: Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds: Special Edition (Worldwide) - 2/15/11
:br: Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps [Amazon Exclusive] (Germany) - 2/18/11
:ps3: Killzone 3: Collector's Edition (Europe) - 2/25/11
:ps3: Killzone 3: Helghast Edition (Europe/Part Asia) - 2/25/11

March

:br: Grindhouse: Collector's Edition (Germany) - 3/4/11
:br: Resident Evil: Afterlife 2D+3D Limited Edition [Amazon Exclusive] (Germany) - 3/10/11
:ps3: Yakuza 4: Kuro Edition (Europe) - 3/18/11
:br: Machete [HMV Exclusive] - 3/21/11
:br: Rare Exports: Limited Edition (Germany) - 3/25/11
:360::pc::ps3: Shift 2: Unleashed [Micromania Exclusive] (Empty Cases) (France) - 3/31/11

April
:br: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part I [Online Exclusive] (United Kingdom) - 4/11/11
:br: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 [FYE Exclusive] (USA) - 4/15/11
:br: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 [Future Shop Exclusive] (Canada) - 4/15/11
:br: Machete: Limited Edition Figurine Giftset [Amazon Exclusive] (Germany) - 4/21/11
:br: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows: Part I [Amazon Exclusive] (Germany) - 4/30/11

May
:br: Monsters: Limited Edition (Germany) - 5/20/11

June
:br: Tron: Legacy 3D: Limited Edition (Germany) - 6/1/11
:br: The Green Hornet: Limited Edition (Germany) - 6/1/11

July

August
:br: Source Code [Play.com Exclusive] (United Kingdom) - 8/15/11 SOLD OUT

September

October
:br: Matrix: The Trilogy (France) - 10/05/11
:360: Batman: Arkham City [EB Games Exclusive] (Australia) - 10/19/11
:pc: Batman: Arkham City [EB Games Exclusive] (Australia) - 10/19/11
:ps3: Batman: Arkham City [EB Games Exclusive] (Australia) - 10/19/11

November

December
:pc: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Collector's Edition (World Wide) - 12/31/11

Coming Soon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2D + 3D) Steelbook Limited Edition (Hong Kong)

Price: $51.28
Release Date: October 31, 2011
Link: HMV.hk[/QUOTE]

Oooo that's tempting. I would like to see a picture first though. Do they ship to the U.S.?

[quote name='Darknuke']Oooo that's tempting. I would like to see a picture first though. Do they ship to the U.S.?[/QUOTE]
Yes they do ship to the US and worldwide.

[quote name='seether254']Heres the German Media Market G2 Jumbo sized steel, god its sexy:
and yes, the german text and blue part are just a paper overlay
d49l9pt5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Must get.

[quote name='Finch106']Must get.[/QUOTE]

If my best buy steelbook hadn't already shipped I would've totally gotten that one. The red, worn, background is vastly superior to the sleek black of the BB one.

[quote name='Darknuke']If my best buy steelbook hadn't already shipped I would've totally gotten that one. The red, worn, background is vastly superior to the sleek black of the BB one.[/QUOTE]

FYI guys Media Market DOES NOT ship to the US. You have to have a German contact to get this one.

[quote name='Darknuke']Oooo that's tempting. I would like to see a picture first though. Do they ship to the U.S.?[/QUOTE]

here go:

attachment.php

I'd buy that Sucker Punch SB right now if I hadn't already paid $18 for the movie. It's awesome and the soundtrack included is a nice bonus.

Anyone find a deathly hallows part 2 steelbook anywhere? I though these would be all over the place after part 1 had one in almost every region.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']i don't know. no difference between them. my copy wasn't a reprint. just buy them now and discuss it later, seriously.[/QUOTE]

Well my WBShop order of "Sucker Punch" steelbook arrived. Apparently WB feels it is alright to charge $60 for this and also feels it is okay to throw them in a bubble mailer.

I got three orders (i'm hoping on getting rid of two to offset the one I keep) and they were all thrown in a bubble mailer. I've looked them over and the shrink wrap has no tears and I can't see any damages to the cases themselves however on the back of every single steelbook their is an obvious small bump underneath the insert near the middle of the case. I'm hoping because of the location being nearly the same on all three cases that it is "normal" (fingers crossed) and just feels different because it is where the discs are pressed againt the inside back cover so their is a difference in density.

Who knows though. I figured $180 spent over three discs would have at least resulted in shipping in a small box.

You were lucky! I just had to return the 2 I ordered. They looked like someone used them for target practice. I was totally blown away about the bubble mailer. Who the hell would ship steelbooks in a bubble mailer? And via UPS to boot? WBShop would!

[quote name='Taco5']You were lucky! I just had to return the 2 I ordered. They looked like someone used them for target practice. I was totally blown away about the bubble mailer. Who the hell would ship steelbooks in a bubble mailer? And via UPS to boot? WBShop would![/QUOTE]

For future reference how are they with returns? Did you have to fight with them at all?

[quote name='GBAstar']For future reference how are they with returns? Did you have to fight with them at all?[/QUOTE]

This will be my first time returning anything to WBShop but CS was very cooperative and professional. Even she could not understand why they would ship something easily damaged in a bubble envelope!

Someone in another forum said that they told them to just throw away the damaged item and they would just send a new one.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']www.amazon.fr/Harry-Potter-reliques-mort-partie/dp/B005JRHBA6/ref

www.amazon.de/Harry-Potter-Heiligtümer-Todes-Amazon/dp/B005HGXSFG/ref

www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-future-shop-exclusive-steelbook-2011-blu-ray-blu-ray-dvd-digital-copy/m2191817.aspx[/QUOTE]

This is going to be a real letdown if Best Buy or FYE doesnt have a U.S. release of Harry Potter 7: Part 2 in steelbook. Since FYE had it for Part 1 and Best Buy has had 3 steelbooks over the last month (Fast Five, Green Lantern and Jurassic Park). WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HAVE IT!

[quote name='lectersvictim']This is going to be a real letdown if Best Buy or FYE doesnt have a U.S. release of Harry Potter 7: Part 2 in steelbook. Since FYE had it for Part 1 and Best Buy has had 3 steelbooks over the last month (Fast Five, Green Lantern and Jurassic Park). WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HAVE IT![/QUOTE]
Don't forget Wal-Mart had 7 steelbooks from last year (Battle of LA & Resident Evil 1-5 + Degeneration).

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Don't forget Wal-Mart had 7 steelbooks from last year (Battle of LA & Resident Evil 1-5 + Degeneration).[/QUOTE]

And i got them all!! :cool:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Don't forget Wal-Mart had 7 steelbooks from last year (Battle of LA & Resident Evil 1-5 + Degeneration).[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I forgot. I have them all too, even though where I'm from its much eaiser to get steelbooks at a Best Buy then it is at a Wal-mart. & you have to pre-order at a FYE or its sold out. :whistle2:#

[quote name='DestroVega']^how much was the Pulp?[/QUOTE]

its a play.com exclusive, and they dont ship to the U.S. FYI. I think it was about $40 including a tip for the guy i got it from.

[quote name='ryosnk']I'm debating on forest gump, cloverfield, and saving private Ryan since I don't have the bluray version on those. Would this have inside artwork?[/QUOTE]
I believe there is no artwork inside. :(

Does my total seem correct? Transformers 1 and 2 and Forest Gump. Then I added the new transformers for 24.99 EUR. My total was 65 EUR which is 94.44. I cannnot figure it out because of the difference in currency...

[quote name='WongTongSoup']Does my total seem correct? Transformers 1 and 2 and Forest Gump. Then I added the new transformers for 24.99 EUR. My total was 65 EUR which is 94.44. I cannnot figure it out because of the difference in currency...[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's correct. Well, sort of. In general, amazon.de's prices include 19% sales tax/VAT which is deducted when you have it shipped to the US. So the Transformers cost you only around 21 EUR (21 EUR +19% = 24.99 EUR).
However, this 3 for 30 EUR is a strange promotion as the 19% is not deducted from the sale price but only from the regular price. That is, regular price for on of those is 11.97 EUR, with VAT deducted it is 10.06 EUR. So, at the end amazon only applies -0.18 EUR as the promotion for three of these. Rather than 4.79 EUR as it should be.

[quote name='basketb']Yes, it's correct. Well, sort of. In general, amazon.de's prices include 19% sales tax/VAT which is deducted when you have it shipped to the US. So the Transformers cost you only around 21 EUR (21 EUR +19% = 24.99 EUR).
However, this 3 for 30 EUR is a strange promotion as the 19% is not deducted from the sale price but only from the regular price. That is, regular price for on of those is 11.97 EUR, with VAT deducted it is 10.06 EUR. So, at the end amazon only applies -0.18 EUR as the promotion for three of these. Rather than 4.79 EUR as it should be.[/QUOTE]
Should I contact them about correcting this promotion?

Got an email from WB Shop earlier stating there's only 150 of those Sucker Punch SB's left. Still undecided if I want to bite or not.

in for Cloverfield, Transformers, and Tropic Thunder steelbooks. That was a great deal at first, then it added $14 shipping to my international order =(. ~$60 for 3 steelbooks isn't bad, but that was disappointing.

On another note, I got an email talking about the Sucker Punch Limited Edition Comicon Steelbook. There are only 150 left (at the time of the email) and it's $60. Too pricey for me, even for a ultra LE, but the case does look pretty badass.

http://www.wbshop.com/Sucker-Punch-BluraySoundtrack/1000225166,default,pd.html

EDIT: Looks like I was barely beat to the punch!

Just out of curiosity for anyone who does the international ordering.... those giant ratings labels, are those printed on the case or stickers? I'm not an avid collector, I just like having steelbooks that look nice on my shelf and those ratings are kind of an eyesore to me.

[quote name='sweetg1223']Just out of curiosity for anyone who does the international ordering.... those giant ratings labels, are those printed on the case or stickers? I'm not an avid collector, I just like having steelbooks that look nice on my shelf and those ratings are kind of an eyesore to me.[/QUOTE]

On the case unfortunately.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Got an email from WB Shop earlier stating there's only 150 of those Sucker Punch SB's left. Still undecided if I want to bite or not.

[/QUOTE]

If you're on the fence I'd order now; that way if it arrives damaged they would still most likely have inventory to switch it out. I got mine ( and so did another poster) mailed to me in a bubble mailer

yeah, the fact that they're shipping it in a bubble mailer is one of the reasons I'm hesitating. Don't really want to go through the hassle of returning it. The other reason is because it was $25 at one point and I hate knowing I could have gotten it for that price! Ideally I'd like to get 2, one to sell and help pay for the one to keep, but the resale value has dropped considerably (though still enough to come out on top it appears).

[quote name='sweetg1223']Just out of curiosity for anyone who does the international ordering.... those giant ratings labels, are those printed on the case or stickers? I'm not an avid collector, I just like having steelbooks that look nice on my shelf and those ratings are kind of an eyesore to me.[/QUOTE]
sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. it depend by the studio. As of right now, Paramount steelbooks rating labels are printed on stickers.

[quote name='ssjmichael']got an email from wb shop earlier stating there's only 150 of those sucker punch sb's left. Still undecided if i want to bite or not.

[/quote]
...out of stock...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']...out of stock...[/QUOTE]

LOL! If it is truly OOS it's probably because of all the exchanges for damaged copied being returned (2 of mine included)!

Yea I have a damaged one right now I'm supposed to be returning, but if there's none left I'm screwed. Although who wants a warped damaged Steelbook for $60? So I'll just get my money back.

[quote name='DestroVega']That color is fugly[/QUOTE]

agreed, not to mention the FSK rating logo might not be a sticker.

[quote name='Taco5']LOL! If it is truly OOS it's probably because of all the exchanges for damaged copied being returned (2 of mine included)![/QUOTE]

My second shipment of the SDCC Sucker Punch Steelbook arrived today. This time my two copies were sent in a box versus the bubble mailer for the first order.

All in all each copy looks really good. The shrink wrap is in tact without any tears but every single copy has a bump on the back of the case where the advertisement is. I can't see it obviously because it's covered by the cardboard insert and I don't want to unwrap them (especailly since this is OOS) but I'm wondering if others have similar bumps. I'm a little worried because in each steel book it seems like the bump varies by a centimeter or two.

From my experiences with various Steelbooks, the "bump" could just be that clear adhesive stuff which affixes the advertisement to the back of the case.

A lot of Steels where there is a full ad covering the back has a little "bump", and it is usually what I described. It's sort of like a clear tack that comes off easily and doesn't leave any residue.

[quote name='VTCO']From my experiences with various Steelbooks, the "bump" could just be that clear adhesive stuff which affixes the advertisement to the back of the case.

A lot of Steels where there is a full ad covering the back has a little "bump", and it is usually what I described. It's sort of like a clear tack that comes off easily and doesn't leave any residue.[/QUOTE]

^ Thank you. I never thought of that and it would make more sense. When my first two arrived in a bubble mailer I thought it was a deformity but it didn't make sense to me since the location was similar on both cases and their was no other damage and I thought that if enough pressure was placed on the cases for the imprint to be on the backside of both there would have to be damage to the top side as well.

Then when I received the second shipment which was in a box with all kinds of padding and there still was a bump it made more sense for there to be another explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back