Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='z3razerviper']No nintendo does not allow for transfer to another console. They are actually kinda jerks about it when you call.[/QUOTE]

On rare occasions (and being super nice wouldn't hurt) they will transfer over your VC games from one console to another. The caveat, though, is that they require you to send in both consoles to them at YOUR expense. It's rare, but it has happened before.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']when I view my Order History on GS.com, it shows that I ordered a "PS2 Chameleon Controller - Wii" for $19.99. Anyone else having this show up in their Order History? Hopefully they don't screw up yet another order for me... sigh.[/QUOTE]

Weird. Mine says "GAMESTOP VIRTUAL GIFT CODE - Wii " but my confirmation email says "Super Mario All-Stars: LE"

Bought a copy just to keep sealed. Sometimes Nintendo products like these are not in print long and become expensive so I will hang onto a sealed copy just in case.

I don't why so many of you think this will be rare or hard to find... let's be honest, this is Mario. Nintendo knows it's going to sell like crazy and they'll produce enough copies to sit and collect dust on store shelves for a long time.

Am I the only that is disappointed this was not updated with Wii graphics? At the very least, they could not put this in 16:9? I mean, to me, that was entire point of the original All-Stars: updating it for the modern era (or, at least, what was the modern era at the time).

Whatever.

Even so, I'll buy this. Despite my complaints, there is no denying the nostalgia of it. Plus, I no longer own my SNES, and at 30 dollars, IMHO, it's at a fair price.

In regards to the extras, I could care less.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't why so many of you think this will be rare or hard to find... let's be honest, this is Mario. Nintendo knows it's going to sell like crazy and they'll produce enough copies to sit and collect dust on store shelves for a long time.[/QUOTE]

My guess is there will be two versions. A 25th Anniversary edition that's made for a limited time with the special packaging, soundtrack and booklet, and a regular version with just All-stars that's widely produced like every other Mario game.

I don't see why Nintendo would say "While Supplies Last" in their press release if they didn't plan to make it limited in some way or another. It's not like it needs any sort of clever marketing tactics to sell well.

[quote name='Vector']On rare occasions (and being super nice wouldn't hurt) they will transfer over your VC games from one console to another. The caveat, though, is that they require you to send in both consoles to them at YOUR expense. It's rare, but it has happened before.[/QUOTE]Any idea how much of a expense that would be?

[quote name='Serious McMopy']Any idea how much of a expense that would be?[/QUOTE]

IIRC there's no fee. The only time I remember it happening was in an old news story where a guy with 100s of VC titles lost his system and Nintendo offered to transfer the games to a new system. I really hope Nintendo gets their DRM strategy straight with their next system.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']Any idea how much of a expense that would be?[/QUOTE]

Whatever USPS/UPS/FedEx/DHL would charge you for shipping. All depends on the size and weight of your box. You best bet would just be to give Nintendo a call and see if they will even do it in the first place. Remember, be super nice (i.e. not a douche)!

[quote name='ssjmichael']My guess is there will be two versions. A 25th Anniversary edition that's made for a limited time with the special packaging, soundtrack and booklet, and a regular version with just All-stars that's widely produced like every other Mario game.

I don't see why Nintendo would say "While Supplies Last" in their press release if they didn't plan to make it limited in some way or another. It's not like it needs any sort of clever marketing tactics to sell well.[/QUOTE]

They say "while supplies last" to convince people to both pre-order it and buy it within the first few days of release so they make money sooner. It's not any different than a "limited edition" game that encourages people who ordinarily wouldn't buy anything until it hits $20 to pay $80 for a few downloads and a different case on the day of release. A lot of companies put "while supplies last" in their press releases to build hype and get early purchases. Do you really believe that Nintendo is looking to create an Ebay aftermarket that they will not benefit from at all with this or any release? Heck, have you missed out on the re-prints of formerly hard to find DS games that have been popping up at Toys R Us? I'm sorry, but this will not be limited in any way, especially given the list of stores carrying the game. The fact that people are pre-ordering multiple copies will further insure it won't be rare as Nintendo will simply increase the print run. For CAGs, there are a lot of people on here who have no concept of supply and demand.

[quote name='bojay1997']They say "while supplies last" to convince people to both pre-order it and buy it within the first few days of release so they make money sooner. It's not any different than a "limited edition" game that encourages people who ordinarily wouldn't buy anything until it hits $20 to pay $80 for a few downloads and a different case on the day of release. A lot of companies put "while supplies last" in their press releases to build hype and get early purchases. Do you really believe that Nintendo is looking to create an Ebay aftermarket that they will not benefit from at all with this or any release? Heck, have you missed out on the re-prints of formerly hard to find DS games that have been popping up at Toys R Us? I'm sorry, but this will not be limited in any way, especially given the list of stores carrying the game. The fact that people are pre-ordering multiple copies will further insure it won't be rare as Nintendo will simply increase the print run. For CAGs, there are a lot of people on here who have no concept of supply and demand.[/QUOTE]

Who cares? I want 2 copies. I have $60.

[quote name='bojay1997']They say "while supplies last" to convince people to both pre-order it and buy it within the first few days of release so they make money sooner. [/QUOTE]

I have 3 words for you:

Metroid Prime Trilogy.

I'm a little reluctant to buy these games again...but if there was ever a title that was worth it...:whistle2:k

I can't really complain, I guess. I got my VC copies of the Mario games for free through this site (somebody was selling his Wii and gifted me the games to clear the points out), and this looks like a nice package.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']I have 3 words for you:

Metroid Prime Trilogy.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. There was (as far as I know) one production run of it, and that was it. Did hit CAG prices (I got mine for $20) but it's gone back up now, and there aren't any other ways to get the versions of Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 with the Wii controls added in.

I really just wish they would do massive compilation of all things Mario on one (or more) disc. Why not include games such as Mario Strikers, Tennis, Baseball, Kart, RPG, etc? I would pay a pretty penny for the Ultimate Mario Collection. Seriously Nintendo, just throw every Mario game that you can find in a Deluxe edition package for the ultimate homage to the Mario universe. This would help get all those that are just being introduced to Mario up to speed and please all of us who have fond memories of the other Mario games not included. Win/Win situation if you ask me. I'd gladly shell out $100 for the ultimate Mario collection if it had every worthy Mario game up until the Galaxy series.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't why so many of you think this will be rare or hard to find... let's be honest, this is Mario. Nintendo knows it's going to sell like crazy and they'll produce enough copies to sit and collect dust on store shelves for a long time.[/QUOTE]

I could see this being valuable if it was a pre-order goodie like OoT was for Windwaker or the Zelda collection was for the pre-Club Nintendo deal thingy. Those were limited. This is going to be mass produced for a limited time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this hold it's value or even gain a bit in the coming years.It's not something I'd buy and hope to have a huge return on. It's not going to be Panzer Dragoon Saga rare or even come near the rarity or value that Valkyrie Profile or FF III SNES had (still have?).

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']I have 3 words for you:

Metroid Prime Trilogy.[/QUOTE]

Read a few pages back. Not rare at all. A year after allegedly limited release and people still find copies at Toys R Us and Kmart among other retailers. Since when did this become a speculators site instead of a site for cheap ass gamers?

[quote name='bojay1997']Read a few pages back. Not rare at all. A year after allegedly limited release and people still find copies at Toys R Us and Kmart among other retailers. Since when did this become a speculators site instead of a site for cheap ass gamers?[/QUOTE]
A retail copy of MPT isnt very easy to find. Dont kid yourself

[quote name='brewin']I really just wish they would do massive compilation of all things Mario on one (or more) disc. Why not include games such as Mario Strikers, Tennis, Baseball, Kart, RPG, etc? I would pay a pretty penny for the Ultimate Mario Collection. Seriously Nintendo, just throw every Mario game that you can find in a Deluxe edition package for the ultimate homage to the Mario universe. This would help get all those that are just being introduced to Mario up to speed and please all of us who have fond memories of the other Mario games not included. Win/Win situation if you ask me. I'd gladly shell out $100 for the ultimate Mario collection if it had every worthy Mario game up until the Galaxy series.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you on an all-in-one collection. Even if you'd be willing to shell out $100, you'd be one of the select few who would. It makes more sense for Nintendo to basically drag-and-drop the ROM file onto the disc and sell a million plus copies for $30 rather than invest the time and money of making a new compilation and selling it for $50 to a smaller audience. It goes w/o saying that Nintendo's priorities, just like any other company's priorities, are profit first, customer satisfaction second.

[quote name='bojay1997']Do you really believe that Nintendo is looking to create an Ebay aftermarket that they will not benefit from at all with this or any release?[/QUOTE]

That's kind of what they did with Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for Gamecube. Sure, you could register games at Nintendo's site, buy a NP subscription, etc. to get it free, but many casual gamers didn't know about this process and had to resort to ridiculous Ebay or Gamestop's used prices if they wanted a copy.

[quote name='Brother Daz']A retail copy of MPT isnt very easy to find. Dont kid yourself[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i don't know how people see it "everywhere".

If it was easy to find, it wouldn't be 80 on amazon/ebay.

I no longer see it at any retailer i go to.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, i don't know how people see it "everywhere".

If it was easy to find, it wouldn't be 80 on amazon/ebay.

I no longer see it at any retailer i go to.[/QUOTE]

This is essentially a numbers game. It's hard to find an online retailer with it but many b&m stores never sold out of their initial stock.

There's money in essentially being a reseller but if you live in an urban area with numerous game retailers chances are someone will have a copy.

I wish Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 3, and the lost levels were joined by Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Sunshine....

[quote name='Brother Daz']A retail copy of MPT isnt very easy to find. Dont kid yourself[/QUOTE]

I think you guys need to check recent Ebay results again. The average price of a sealed mint copy is hovering around $65 currently with numerous copies selling for $60. Yes, there are a couple of instances where a buyer took the inflated $80 BIN, but out of the last 20 copies sold in just the past two weeks, most went in the $60s. After Ebay fees and Paypal of 13%, that means the net profit was roughly $9 or so. Not exactly a sign of rarity or value and certainly, the hundreds of sealed copies available in any given week is a further indication that it's not rare, but rather being hoarded by resellers. Who knows, maybe all you guys buying multiple copies will have the same impact on the market for this long term and you can pocket a tidy $3 profit.

[quote name='bojay1997']Read a few pages back. Not rare at all. A year after allegedly limited release and people still find copies at Toys R Us and Kmart among other retailers. Since when did this become a speculators site instead of a site for cheap ass gamers?[/QUOTE]

Not Rare???

I have only seen 3 copies NEW of this game TOTAL in the last 9 months. And ANYTIME i go to a store that MAY sell games I look for it. I saw 1 used copy at GAmestop which they sell for either $55 used or $60. Which is higher than MSRP of $50 NEW.

The 3 copies I found were 1 at a target near my house on clearance for $12. One at a Target near my relatives (3 hours away) for $15, and one at a Sears for $10. I sold 1 at $60 on Ebay, one for $75, and one for $70. So please dont tell me that is isn't rare. We all know it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Not Rare.

I have only seen 3 copies NEW of this game TOTAL in the last 9 months. And ANYTIME i go to a store that MAY sell games I look for it. I saw 1 used copy at GAmestop which they sell for either $55 used or $60. Which is higher than MSRP of $50 NEW.

The 3 copies I found were 1 at a target near my house on clearance for $12. One at a Target near my reatives (3 hours away) for $15, and one at a Sears for $10. I sold 1 at $60 on Ebay, one for $75, and one for $70. So please dont tell me that is isn't rare. Things dont sell for that much that arent rare.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying it is rare, right. Because seeing only three new copies of a game in a span of 9 months, when you're actively looking for it, seems pretty rare to me, regardless of a store's clearance price. Plus, you sold the only three copies you could find for much more than initial retail value. Not sure what argument you're trying to make here.

Right, in some parts of the country.

I haven't seen *any* new copies anywhere for quite some time. I'm glad that a sample of people possibly in the middle of nowhere (no offense, guys) is a good representation of the overall rarity of a game. A quick search on eBay and new copies are going for $70+... yeah, no games that old go for that much unless they're what? RARE.

Speculation aside, you're actively being a douche by telling people that this won't be rare based on nothing but false notions that Nintendo's marketing is full of shit and people will be able to get a copy whenever. If it really is rare, they won't be able to get it for a relatively low price, will they?

The average price of a sealed mint copy is hovering around $65 currently with numerous copies selling for $60. Yes, there are a couple of instances where a buyer took the inflated $80 BIN, but out of the last 20 copies sold in just the past two weeks, most went in the $60s. After Ebay fees and Paypal of 13%, that means the net profit was roughly $9 or so.

You're failing to take into account that the game is over a year old. How many games' prices go *up* after a year, instead of being a fraction of MSRP?

[quote name='dchrisd']So you're saying it is rare, right. Because seeing only three new copies of a game in a span of 9 months, when you're actively looking for it, seems pretty rare to me, regardless of a store's clearance price. Plus, you sold the only three copies you could find for much more than initial retail value. Not sure what argument you're trying to make here.[/QUOTE]

I didnt put the ?? marks in there as to ask him a question. I meant to mean that it is rare but with the ?? MArks itd be asking him why he thought it wasnt rare.

My bad.

I know its rare. I guess I either misworded it or without the ?? marks it isnt making the point properly.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Not Rare.

The 3 copies I found were 1 at a target near my house on clearance for $12. One at a Target near my reatives (3 hours away) for $15, and one at a Sears for $10. I sold 1 at $60 on Ebay, one for $75, and one for $70. So please dont tell me that is isn't rare. Things dont sell for that much that arent rare.[/QUOTE]

I guess you don't get out much. It has only been less available at retail in the last few months. Both of my local Best Buys had it until July and it was readily available at the two local Toys R Us locations until they clearanced it a month or two ago. Of course, the local Kmart still has plenty as does the Walmart. I also think your claim is somewhat laughable considering you not only found, but bought three sealed copies of it for resale and none of them went for much more than retail. Is there anyone here that is actually still looking for MPT or is everyone just sad they can't find tons of cheap copies so they can make $10 on Ebay? Like I said, I guess if everyone on this site hoards and resells, you can probably boost the price of anything you set your mind to. I was under the impression that this was a site for cheap ass gamers, however, and not low end video game speculators. But please, hoard away, it will just make it easier for people who actually want to play this game down the road to find cheap copies on Ebay when you all dump them.

I will repeat: This SNES re-release is much different than a NEW Metroid Prime game that was only made for a short time. There's no way people make ANY profit on this. Really a shame why people are paying this ripoff price.

thumbs up to bojay he's giving you all the truth-you should listen. I can get Metroid Prime Collector's edition for $50 right now very easily, which was the MSRP. You're paying MSRP for All-Stars and expect a return?

Has anyone here sold one for $80? I doubt it. You can't base prices off ebay listings. I can probably show you a Madden 11 game that sold for $80.

[quote name='callmewoof']After reading this thread, I'm starting to feel like I'm the only person who's buying this game to, you know, play it. :p[/QUOTE]Well... I am not spending 30 dollars so I can look at the cover. :p

This Mario release will probably get a larger print run as it seems like there's already a ton of demand for it. Metroid Prime Trilogy had low sales and wasn't really all that sought after until Nintendo announced that it was going to be discontinued. Whereas Metroid Prime Trilogy appeals mostly to the hardcore, smaller gamer base, Mario appeals to pretty much every one.

Again - why are you people so concerned about what other people buy?

Who gives a shit if this is rare or mpt is rare? This is worth what people will pay for it. Today tomorrow a year from now.

You don't want this game? DON'T BUY IT. But if people want to buy 30 copies to build a fort, so fucking what?

Bunch of goddamn haters gotta take the joy out of everything.

[quote name='confoosious']Again - why are you people so concerned about what other people buy?

Who gives a shit if this is rare or mpt is rare? This is worth what people will pay for it. Today tomorrow a year from now.

You don't want this game? DON'T BUY IT. But if people want to buy 30 copies to build a fort, so fucking what?

Bunch of goddamn haters gotta take the joy out of everything.[/QUOTE]
OK, I think it's overpriced, it should be a Virtual Console release (which people have been begging for), and this is a total waste of a Wii disc. That's the best they got is the same exact game from 17 years ago on SNES? I know most of you aren't that foolish.

Now, it's one thing for people who say they want to play the game and are buying it..maybe they like the booklet and soundtrack too. It's another thing when people are buying up copies thinking that it is somehow going to be rare or give them a return in profit down the road. We have the right to laugh at those people.

The worst thing of all is how badly overpriced it is to begin with. On CAG I would expect better from most people, not really from confoosious though.

[quote name='confoosious']Again - why are you people so concerned about what other people buy?

Bunch of goddamn haters gotta take the joy out of everything.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm looking forward to it, but I don't see the point in trying to silence other people that disagree with me. I can understand where the naysayers are coming from even though I'm going to purchase this personally. If everyone agreed on everything or didn't state their opinion on anything there would be no discussion and thus no point for even a forum.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']OK, I think it's overpriced, it should be a Virtual Console release (which people have been begging for), and this is a total waste of a Wii disc. That's the best they got is the same exact game from 17 years ago on SNES? I know most of you aren't that foolish.

Now, it's one thing for people who say they want to play the game and are buying it..maybe they like the booklet and soundtrack too. It's another thing when people are buying up copies thinking that it is somehow going to be rare or give them a return in profit down the road. We have the right to laugh at those people.

The worst thing of all is how badly overpriced it is to begin with. On CAG I would expect better from most people, not really from confoosious though.[/QUOTE]
Overpriced?
What sort of logic makes you think that?

The original games are 21 bucks and these are remastered with extras for 30.

Also the same games? Well yeah that's the point, did you think that from the SNES to today they'd find more games that happened in the time that SMB 1-3 were released?

As far as a deal or not I'm not sure, how much is the SNES version new and sealed? 90-300? So there's a reasonable increase in it's price and if someone wants to take the chance that this can do the same I think 30 dollars is a rather small amount of money to test the waters.

You're making it sound like they're buying houses to flip on the market

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']OK, I think it's overpriced, it should be a Virtual Console release (which people have been begging for), and this is a total waste of a Wii disc. That's the best they got is the same exact game from 17 years ago on SNES? I know most of you aren't that foolish.

The worst thing of all is how badly overpriced it is to begin with. On CAG I would expect better from most people, not really from confoosious though.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were done arguing about this? If you want to laugh at those people who are buying multiples, do it quietly to yourself. The thing is that you dont KNOW whether the game will be as widely available as you expect. You are merely speculating that Nintendo will print a ton of these, just like the people you're laughing at are speculating that it will be a limited run and finding new copies of these will be hard to find a few months after release.

Is it really that badly overpriced? Purchasing all 4 games on VC will cost $21, and you're getting the games in a nice package along with a booklet and soundtrack for $9 more. That doesn't seem that bad actually, not to mention purchasing games on VC makes it quite difficult to transfer to another console and impossible to resell at a later date. And on top of that, some people just simply like having a physical copy of it, to keep in their collection.

I only ordered one myself, to keep in my collection. I don't personally think it will be rare or increase in value in the future, but that doesn't give me or you or anyone else the right to judge other people's purchasing decisions.

Troll - So basically you're saying that anyone who buys this is stupid. Well. Gee. Sorry to disappoint you sir. I guess a lot o us are stupid.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']A better deal? Calm the fuck down! $30 is an AMAZING deal for this! I'm happy with it!![/QUOTE]

Well if another retailer offers it for cheaper, I'm going to get it from said retailer. I'm okay with paying $30 for it, but if theres a cheaper option...best believe I'm going to get it cheaper LOL

My only complaint is, why not toss on the SNES Mario titles? Would've loved to see Mario 1-3, World, and Yoshi's Island all on one disc. Would've definitely seperated itself from prior releases. Oh well, as it stands, it's a nice homage to gaming's savior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back