Tank Tank Tank Wii U $20 Best Buy ($0 after @Gamer Coupon)

The store I ordered from no longer had copies so my order is now cancelled but I have to wait up to 72 hours to get use of the coupon back. Great...

when you renew, it renews you as digital now, the only physical magazines being sent out are those people that havent renewed yet and had leftover time from an early subscription

How long does it take to get the digital issue if you renew?

How long does it take to get the digital issue if you renew?
I dont know for certain, i just remember all the info from the announcement back in march??, mine is good til august 21st, kinda debating whether its worth it to renew for $15 just to get in on the GTA V, $20 gift card preorder deal or not. of course if these coupons start up like this month again it would be a no brainer. i do know they have those packets in the store, dont really know what is in them, the coupons maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up my copy. So thanks OP!

Couple notes: Just walked up with the game, it was still listed as 39.99 in store. She scanned the game, it rang up as 20.00. Handed them my rewards zone card which was scanned, then made some small talk and pulled the old "One more thing!" and handed her the Gamers Coupon, she scanned it rang up as "0.00" handed me the receipt and game, walked out. I always usually use the small talk routine on anything like this, because it kind of keeps the mood light and the cashier is less likely to say "I gotta run this past my manager".

Good luck all!

Mine shipped, played this game in the arcade a few weeks ago.. I don't expect much, but for the price of 0.00$ I think its worth the attempt lol.

Worked like a charm about an hour ago at Natomas BB in Sacramento. Still 1-2 copies on the shelf. Free Wii U game...I'll take it! 

I grabbed the second-to-last copy in Brick, NJ. Now I just have to find a good deal on a Wii U. First world problems.

Thanks OP for this. Went in-store with a physical coupon and it worked :D. The look on my cashiers face was the best part. Thanks again

Placed order for in store pickup and added code. Came out to 0.00 with no tax!
Just picked up the game from local store.

For anybody's order that backordered using the coupon code, you can go in store and use the coupon printout (from the same coupon) and it should still work.  Just did it right now.

Got the email around 2pm telling me it has shipped.  Kinda funny, now all the stores in my area are listing it as "Unavailable".  That's too bad, was gonna try to see if I could do it online, and in store.  Oh well, free is free.

so i played it a little, and i think ill just barely get my money's worth out of this. i could see having a blast in local multiplayer, but i feel bad for anyone that happened to pay full price for this.

Grrr, I kept telling myself I really needed to bring the coupons to work with me in case some random deal popped up mid-day. Now my coupons are about 20 miles away in one direction and the only store with the game in stock (supposedly) is 20 miles the other. I just did an in-store pickup (at full price) and will hope tomorrow when I go to pick it up they'll let me do... something... to get the $20 off. (I am still on a physical subscription).

I actually wanted to check this game out and actually have a WiiU so it would've been a great deal...

Can confirm that you can get 2 copies by using the digital promotion code for store pickup (or shipping) and print out the physical coupon to buy in store. Walked out with 2 copies,  no questions asked.

Mother fucker, the store won't PM me since I used a $5 RZ cert in addition to the coupon.  All they could offer me was a return/rebuy with $20 credit on a new game.  Ugh.

Could I get it over the phone once the RZ system is back up?

Hey can someone who received the email with the link to the monthly coupons share the link, I am a member have been since March but have never received an email with coupons or magazine other than the initial welcome email. I tried to call in support but their computers are down tried to sign up for forum to get help their and it won't let me do anything until I verify email, but their email to verify email is not showing up either, and yes I did check/search the spam folder. I would imagine the link is the same in all the emails and if I use it I am thinking it should work for me. But just in case it might be best that who ever posts the link to have already redeemed their coupon.

Thanks!
Try going here and sending them an email if the phone option didn't help:

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/combo_entry.jsp?cds_page_id=86045&cds_mag_code=GMR&id=1374012487064&lsid=31971708070041755&vid=1

Either that or try going in store and asking them if you can use one of the sign up packet coupons, since they should have them in the gaming section someplace. They've let me do that about a half dozen times since I signed up. As long as they can look up that you're in the GCU(which they should be able to see if they scan your RZ card) then they should allow it.

Went to local best buy gt my copy, went to register, didn't show up as Gamer Unlocked (i am until september) Couldn't scan coupon, paged a manager, overide and free game.

(Used print magazine copy)

Coupon booklet cost $15 unless your store still gets physical mags which is rare now.
all the Best Buy stores I go too sell the coupon books for $4.99, I'm a 100% sure because I just went to three today. No physical mags, just the coupon book for the month.

On my phone and can't search right now, but have all BBYs pulled magazines from shelves. Mine told me they don't carry them and actually said that there is no more physical @gamer anymore. Sucks, because my @gamer is expired and I was going to renew in-store if I could get a mag to use the coupon right there. Would've loved a "free" copy of Tank. :(

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/combo_entry.jsp?cds_page_id=86045&cds_mag_code=GMR&id=1374012487064&lsid=31971708070041755&vid=1

Either that or try going in store and asking them if you can use one of the sign up packet coupons, since they should have them in the gaming section someplace. They've let me do that about a half dozen times since I signed up. As long as they can look up that you're in the GCU(which they should be able to see if they scan your RZ card) then they should allow it.

Thanks I figured it out though, somehow it attached to my old email address. But this link should be helpful in getting it updated.

Lame, the one I ordered for store pickup actually wasn't there. Drove 40 miles back and forth for nothing :(, oh well I'm sure this game will get cheaper sooner or later.

Has anyone actually found the new pamphlets (not the one with Castlevania on the cover) for renewing/subscribing? None of the BBs around my location have it. They all have loads of the Castlevania one with coupons that are expired.

Are you a digital subscriber? If so, you should have received an email from BB RW with the subject "Your @Gamer issue is here + $135 in coupons". Half way down the email is a "View Coupons" button that will link you to the coupons. HTH.
Thank you! Love how I missed that. Just did store pickup. Hopefully it'll be ready soon.

I should have known better than to think I would be lucky enough to get a copy of the game.  From past experience, things always never seem to be in stock when I am looking for them.  

Today was no different.  Went to Bestbuy thinking I would find the game, the website even said they had it available.  And when I get there ,....no copies in sight.  Then I check the website and it says not available....

But I still didn't learn my lesson and decided to go to another Bestbuy that I thought would have it.  Again, there was nothing.

In the end, I just wasted time and gas, from my own refusal to know better.  That's what I get for thinking Wii U was not very popular where I live, since there are always tons of games in stock.  But I'm pretty sure the people who wiped out this game won't even play it.  (I understand their point though, free game, free money). But I'm still disappointed, mostly in myself. :/

So I called best buy today and asked if I signed up for the @gamer subscription if i would get this months coupons, they said yes, and that the first set of coupons is handed out in physical form. However they would be the same as the ones emailed out... Can anyone confirm this, that might have done this today or yesterday?  From reading some of the comments in this thread, or maybe I misunderstood, that the online and physical coupons are different. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the alert.  

When I went the coupon initially wasn't working.  It kept saying something like Invalid Data Request.  The lady at the register then called over someone else (not sure if they were a manager or if she was just new and needed assistance), but the other employee hit a button and then scanned it and it worked.  They both were surprised when they saw 0.00 due, and were really nice about it.

This is the third time I've had a Best Buy employee ring me up and ask about the coupons, and when I told them about the Gamers Club Unlocked Best Buy has they immediately commented they should join it.  I'm surprised some employees aren't aware of it.

So I called best buy today and asked if I signed up for the @gamer subscription if i would get this months coupons, they said yes, and that the first set of coupons is handed out in physical form. However they would be the same as the ones emailed out... Can anyone confirm this, that might have done this today or yesterday? From reading some of the comments in this thread, or maybe I misunderstood, that the online and physical coupons are different. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
I checked my expired coupon when I signed in the club with that month's issue. I can say they are the same. At the June's.

bread's done
Back