Tank Tank Tank Wii U $20 Best Buy ($0 after @Gamer Coupon)

So I talked to a rep at my store and since I couldn't get a straight up price match he offered to let me return/rebuy and take $20 off something else...walked out of there with my T!T!T! copy and a DotD white Pro controller for $5.35. Thanks OP!

So I need to renew my GCU in the next month or so...I could renew, get the digital coupons and get another copy for free, right?  I used a physical coupon since I still get the mag.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone would hook me up with a coupon, preferably the printed version. I'm not looking to flip this game, I actually genuinely want to play it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tank+Tank+Tank+-+Nintendo+Wii+U/5763842.p?id=1218691615051&skuId=5763842&st=Tank%20Tank%20Tank&lp=1&cp=1

Tank Tank Tank is now only $20 at Best Buy. For those of you with the online @Gamer coupons, the coupon is working online to come out to free. Hopefully, this will last by tomorrow to get in store for those of you with physical coupons :) Go go go!
How do you get digital coupons?

Edit: Never mind. I see you need a digital subscription to the magazine. I didn't even know they offered that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from BB, no problem here, but the cashier looked confused as heck for a minute there.  I think she read every line on the back of the coupon before she scanned it, but otherwise, no problem whatsoever.

Just got back from BB, no problem here, but the cashier looked confused as heck for a minute there. I think she read every line on the back of the coupon before she scanned it, but otherwise, no problem whatsoever.
they must have said something to the cashiers because the cashier i went to read everything on both sides as well.

How long does it take for the digital coupon to arrive in my account? Right away?
You don't get digital coupons or your digital subscription until the next issue which is September. You were suppose to be given a coupon pamphlet after sign-up with this month's coupons on them for use in-store only.

I tried the physical $10 off coupon today in-store and it didn't work. I tried to buy Sonic Colors DS ($17.99), but the coupon didn't take anything off. It's possible the cashier might not have totaled it or something, but I'm not sure.

The physical Tank Tank Tank coupon worked perfectly though. I bought other stuff, so my receipt wouldn't be $0.00, but it probably doesn't matter with most employees.

My cashier also read the coupon very thoughtfully, so they must have had a corporate memo of some kind to fully read all coupons. I was surprised she even tried the $10 off coupon for me even because it read $29.99, but she did.

If you just renewed, one month or whenever the next issue comes out.
I have a few important questions on this topic. Hopefully these haven't all been answered in the past 30 pages (my sincere apologies if they have).

1. So if today I just simply renew my account, then next month I'll receive a digital subscription instead of a physical subscription?

2. Are there any pros or cons to renewing online vs renewing in store? (I suppose in store I might get the "coupon sheet")?

3. I believe I still have a few months left on my subscription. Will I lose these months if I renew early? (I have a feeling the digital $10 off $29.99 coupon next month may have the same effect as the current one, so I'd like to get the digital version next month if possible).

Just picked up the last copy a couple hours ago at my store; which previously was out of stock this morning...  Cashier laughed when the receipt printed and he realized he didn't transact any money.

I went to sign up and get the game this evening. First store didnt have any of the games, so I went to another about 15 min away. They had the game and a few clearances ones I picked up as well. However this store sucked in that the first 4 people I asked about signing up for Unlocked had no clue what I was even talking about. The person that did couldn't remember how to sign up until mentioned there should be a pamphlet. At that he suddenly realized what I was talking about. He ran off and brought the book of coupons from April... I mentioned I only wanted to sign up if I could get the current month of coupons so he went looking for them to no avail. At that I asked if they could override tank tank tank since they didn't have the coupons. The manager surprisingly said yes. Nice employees, but not the brightest. The clearance games I picked up were lego pirates for psp -$5, fat princess for psp - $5, and power gig rise of six string for 360 - $2.99.

1. So if today I just simply renew my account, then next month I'll receive a digital subscription instead of a physical subscription?

2. Are there any pros or cons to renewing online vs renewing in store? (I suppose in store I might get the "coupon sheet")?

3. I believe I still have a few months left on my subscription. Will I lose these months if I renew early? (I have a feeling the digital $10 off $29.99 coupon next month may have the same effect as the current one, so I'd like to get the digital version next month if possible).
Yes, you will be converted to digital automatically when you renew.

You can only renew in-store.

No, if you renew early, it will just stack.

So I went in to the store, found 1 copy left of tank tank tank, they didnt have the next month's coupon book to give me and the june coupons expired 3 days ago. They had no idea about the coupon for tank tank tank 20 dollars off, so they said they would penny out the game for me if i signed up for the subscription... I was pretty stoked, even if it took me an hour to straighten it out. A+ to the guy that hooked it up at the store and thanks OP for the heads up.

Did an order for in-store pick up around 24 hours ago with my digital $20 off coupon to bring it down to $0.00, haha. had not one problem with the transaction. lady didn't even question it. she was nice and processed me quickly. in and out. also got my free ACNL rolling suitcase DLC while i was there as well! lolololol  :bouncy:.

Yes, you will be converted to digital automatically when you renew.

You can only renew in-store.

No, if you renew early, it will just stack.
Thanks, all good news. I'll probably renew tomorrow if I find a store that still has a copy. The stock locator around 6pm today showed all stores in my area had them in stock, but now I can't even get to the stock locator for Tank Tank Tank. Is there still a sku swap workaround for this?

Yes it has. You were correct for switching to digital. If I click the "Switch to Digital" button in my @gamer account, will I receive the digital version next month (august), or maybe the month after that, or the month after that?

I was thinking of renewing my @gamer subscription tomorrow just to get the next digital version as quickly as possible. I just signed into my @gamer account and noticed my subscription is good though September 2015 !!!!

It was very glitchy because I signed up right when @gamer was announced. My account disappeared and I had to pay for it again. I guess they finally worked it out and gave me what I paid for originally. Nice surprise.
Since this is a double month issue, you probably wont get digital until September.

My online order for instore pickup was canceled due to no stock... Store had 3 copies, bought it and 2 movies and had no problem...

Since this is a double month issue, you probably wont get digital until September.
Thanks, I didn't notice that. I'll just do it now and switch to digital. I've learned my lesson. I have a feeling BB will have their shit together my September and the monthly $10 off digital coupon will only work on only $29.99 and up games... but I'd rather be ready just in case I'm wrong :roll:

The cashier at my store was.....less than pleasant.  He ended up giving me the game for the price of the tax.  I'm not sure if this is correct or not (doesn't seem right to me) but I didn't feel like going through the hassle of arguing for $1.67.

I have the digital sub, printed out the coupon, took it right in today & got the game for free. No problem at all. Store even had 1 left after mine.

Kinda pissed off that I've yet to get the magazine while the offer is broadcasted all over the place. Switched to digital as this wont happen again. Sucks because as a new U owner I wanted it to play, while the vast majority was snapping them up for a cheap flip. Ugh, hope I've got a shot today. :(

While picking up my preorder of SMTIV, I was also able to grab Tank Tank Tank for free as well.  I don't even own a Wii U, but a free game is a free game.  I had no trouble with it as well.  Also grabbed the last copy in the store.

It's showing it's sold out online and not available for in store pick up for me...How can I use my digital code?  Can I print it out and take it to the store?

My nephew was able to find one with my coupon while I was at work last night.  Had to go to a couple stores since the closest one didn't have it. Free is free, so why not get one.

It's showing it's sold out online and not available for in store pick up for me...How can I use my digital code? Can I print it out and take it to the store?
Use this link to find a copy in a store near you. Best Buy is pretending to have them sold out.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&sourceId=1218828184301&sourceType=product&skuId=5763842&productId=1218828184301&itemId=1979518&pageMode=searchmode

It takes you 30 minutes to do trade ins at BB. That's crazy! The last time I traded in at BB (it was Kingdom Hearts: 3D), the girl took 1 minute. The game was in perfect condition so that might explain it. 30 minute is a bit much though.

I didn't get it. I'll forget :bouncy:
It also depends on state. In CA they scan your DL, sign two papers, and scan your thumb fingerprint, the process is slow as hell.

How do I use my digital coupon though? Do I print it out and take it to the store? The stores near me are saying "In Store Only".
I still have the physical one so I am not sure how the digital ones work. I thought you got 2 coupons for going digital. One you can print and the other you can enter online. Anyone else know?

forgive my ignorance on this topic. does best buy still carry the physical copy of the magazine in store? I searched my local store last night, and they informed me it is only a digital subscription now. they seemed unsure in the response, so I was just wondering.

I think the deal is dead. My BB pulled ALL copies from the shelf/clearance bins. Checked the site again and it says no online, no instore.

Really pisses me off, the coupon was/is good for almost 5 more weeks. 

Checked 4 stores around me, no availability of TTT. 

How long do you have to use the welcome package coupons? I Haven't received them but I'm thinking Of waiting to contact them closer to the release of the next gen system for the B2G1 coupon but don't want to take too long for them to say "sorry you took too long." Thanks in advance.

This guy is going hard for bestbut what did GameStop CEO bang your mom or something

Bestbuy sucks now a few years ago they were having amazing deals now its dead I will not renew my gcu and picked to re up my gamestop
Good luck with that. Have fun doing hundreds of dollars in game/system trades just to get enough PUR points to buy a coupon from GS to get a deal when you get the coupons with this program as part of it.

That's one thing that people who choose the PUR program over the GCU program fail to realize, is that you get the coupons in the magazine AND the ones on your RZ account as part of this program. Yet with GS you have to pay them via your banked PUR points to get similar coupons to these.

I got one copy for myself today, but my nearest store appeared to have at least two more. As the coupon appears to be multi-use, would anyone like me to try and get a copy? I will gladly grab some and send them (media mail) if I can get more copies.

Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. Thanks OP for posting this.
Thanks for offering. But for the record, the difference in postage between Media Mail and First Class Mail is so minimal that the savings isn't worth it. Not only that but Media typically takes a while longer than FCM. Plus video games DO NOT qualify to go Media Mail. So you're taking a chance of having a game sent back to you because of that.

https://www.usps.com/ship/media-mail.htm

Media Mail® shipping is a cost-effective way to send educational materials in 2 to 8 days. This service has restrictions on the type of media that can be sent. This includes a restriction on sending video games and digital drives.

Last edited:
I got a free copy. It took them awhile to figure out what order to scan everything correctly to drop the price to zero though. Isn't this game free digitally too or is that just in the UK?

bread's done
Back