Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Do you have the 12-digit UPC number for the 12+1 Month card? Can you let us know what it is? Thanks!

[quote name='WeaponX2099']X-Box 360 1600 Marketplace points -14.00
X-Box 360 12+1 card - $32
PSP Battery -26.98

Matteson,IL[/quote]

[quote name='tolonen']Do you have the 12-digit UPC number for the 12+1 Month card? Can you let us know what it is? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Don't have it but i gotta go back out anyway. I'll put it on shortly. Also

3 month Xbox360 gold cards - 24.98

I just saw yesterday...

Bond 007 Agent Under Fire xbox-$3.74 ( I've been waiting for this to drop from $7.48, I now have all the bond dvds and all the bond xbox games)

Viewtiful Joe cube-$9.98

[quote name='terutt']

Then I hit another target and they had drug out a GB SP retro nintendo version that was down to $17. So, when inventory happens, all sorts of strange stuff shows up.[/quote]

Damn, I'd like to pick up an SP, I only have a regular GBA.

it was so freakin hot today, but the Target that i've been to has stuff priced as regular.

but hey, i like shopping at Target, especially when you see a ton of cute Filipina girls working in there. LOL :D

Saw a few new things on the clearance shelf today that weren't there last week. None of them are deals, but once they drop low enough they'll be worth it:

Official Microsoft Xbox Memory Unit $17.98
3-Month Xbox Live Kit (large box) $27.98
Major League Baseball 2K5 Powered by ESPN (Xbox) $10.98
Big Mutha Truckers 2 (GBA) $10.98

[quote name='tolonen']Do you have the 12-digit UPC number for the 12+1 Month card? Can you let us know what it is? Thanks![/QUOTE]

X-Box Live 12+1 UPC# 8822405860
1600 Marketplace Pts. UPC# 88224092098

[quote name='4tygames']I picked up Timesplitters: Future Perfect for the Playstation 2 and would like to trade for the GameCube version. Just PM me if you are interested. Thanks![/quote]
Note: If the GameCube version is like $13.98, I'll throw in a brand new XIII for Playstation 2 for free. I got the PS2 version for $9.98. Proof will be needed.

No 360 live stuff on sale at my Target in Houston. They did have

xbox live starter kit 12 months w/ demos -$34.98
" " w/ tetris worlds-$34.98

I'm surprised they still had these since I hadn't seen them in years and they clearanced the Crimson Skies starter kits months ago.

[quote name='topnotch97']it was so freakin hot today, but the Target that i've been to has stuff priced as regular.

but hey, i like shopping at Target, especially when you see a ton of cute Filipina girls working in there. LOL :D[/QUOTE]

yeah i sacrificed going out in the heat to the san mateo/redwood city targets..crappy deals. but i also didnt mind, a ton of hot chicks shopping . hot chicks+ hot weather+ less clothes is a good combo lol

Ahh well, I picked up Drill Dozer for the $15 price.

Good game.

Im wondering, if the game reduces any further, is it possible for me to go their with my reciept and get money back from the reduced price or is it cause its already on clereance they dont do that?

there were no clearance gams at all at the targets i went to. the cheapest games in the glass cases were $20. all i saw was hot shots golf for PSP for $20 and just ended up getting that

[quote name='JokerCard']Ahh well, I picked up Drill Dozer for the $15 price.

Good game.

Im wondering, if the game reduces any further, is it possible for me to go their with my reciept and get money back from the reduced price or is it cause its already on clereance they dont do that?[/QUOTE]

if there are any copies left when the price drops further, buy another copy and return it with your first receipt. I think if the price drops within a couple days of your purchase they'll refund it, not sure tho. I find the buy and return method to be less of a hassle.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Got a couple Drill Dozers last night for $7.48 in Niles, OH

Dave[/quote]

doh i was at target yesterday and drill dozer rung at $14.98, 3 copies in the case

Heard about this a month or so ago, but couldn't find it...the $9.99 Taiko Drum Master games for PS2. I just picked up the only 2 at the Target on West Center in Omaha, NE. Maybe some targets have gotten some more in? (There was no shelf tag with the price)

I actually saw a few PSones on clearance at Target today for $34.98. That price is 30% off. I might pick one up if there are any left at 50%.

[quote name='snakeneck']I actually saw a few PSones on clearance at Target today for $34.98. That price is 30% off. I might pick one up if there are any left at 50%.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I saw the PSone system with 3 games for $48.98 or something like that. They were originally about $70. I also saw a Gamecube Gameboy Player for $34.98. I will wait for additional drops and see if these items are still there.

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']doh i was at target yesterday and drill dozer rung at $14.98, 3 copies in the case[/QUOTE]

Target clearances are YMMV . . . usually the games are consistent but not the pricing.

Went to the nearest Target to me and there wasn't even a clearance shelf to be found. So then later on today I was near another Target and stopped in to discover a small clearance shelf. Couple Drill Dozers for 14.98 and a bunch of copies of Spiderman 2 for GBA. There were some copies of geist for 25. I almost bought TimeSplitters Future Perfect for 10 bucks. May go back and get it. And finally they had Riddick for Xbox, also 10 bucks. What I did end up purchasing, though, wasn't a game at all but rather a 1 gb Imation thumb drive for 35 bucks. Go figure. I suppose I could have taken the chance to see it go down from 30 to 50 percent but it was the only one left. I live in the Dallas area and this was a Target in Plano. I guess the prices depend on how well the stuff is moving out. None of the games really interested me much but I would have certainly been far more inclined to pick up Timesplitters and Drill Dozer had they been 5 and 7 respectively. I'll give it a little time and check back. Generally how long does it take for the prices to get slashed?

[quote name='addicted2games']Yeah I saw the PSone system with 3 games for $48.98 or something like that. They were originally about $70. I also saw a Gamecube Gameboy Player for $34.98. I will wait for additional drops and see if these items are still there.[/QUOTE]
Game Boy Player, eh?

One of my Targets had 3 blue Xbox Controller S's for 20.98 each .
They must have been in the back in a box somewhere , because they weren't even dusty .

[quote name='writimagination'] None of the games really interested me much but I would have certainly been far more inclined to pick up Timesplitters and Drill Dozer had they been 5 and 7 respectively. I'll give it a little time and check back. Generally how long does it take for the prices to get slashed?[/quote]

Drill Dozer was $15 at my target last week. Went back there today and picked it up for $7.48 :cool: The CAG whose targets still have Drill Dozer for $15 you might want to hold off till it drops again... and if you haven't checked the price of Drill Dozer in a week or so you might want to check back to see if it's dropped yet.

so arethese clearance games not in thos e glassc cases at most targets? i should look at someclearance shlef/aisle where they susually are? i went to a couple targets the ther day and assumedthey would be in the glass cases with th othergames. only other rea i saw was some greatest hits/platinum choice rack ofgames

[quote name='rly723']so arethese clearance games not in thos e glassc cases at most targets? i should look at someclearance shlef/aisle where they susually are? i went to a couple targets the ther day and assumedthey would be in the glass cases with th othergames. only other rea i saw was some greatest hits/platinum choice rack ofgames[/QUOTE]
Sometimes they are in the glass case, but most of the time I see them on the endcaps near the game section. Look around the music/dvd section and also the MP3 area and go to the end of the aisles.

They can pricedrop Drill Dozer, Player's Choice: Resident Evil, and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life, but not games like Sonic Gems Collection or Player's Choice: Mega Man Anniversary Collection?

[quote name='Poopfacedoo']Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (GC) 13.98 at the target in Sand City, CA[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen a Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life at any Target in ages! If anyone finds an extra for around that price and wants to trade for stuff on my list, let me know.

One of the oddest clearance items at Target I've seen recently: Tomb Raider Chronicles strategy guide (PSX/DC) for $10.48 each. They had 3 copies.

Must have been collecting dust in the back room for the past 5 years...

[quote name='Richlough']One of my Targets had 3 blue Xbox Controller S's for 20.98 each .
They must have been in the back in a box somewhere , because they weren't even dusty .[/QUOTE]

You're Richlough? If I would've known that, I would've accepted your FR. I had no idea who you were until now.

Hi! :D

Damn it! Someone bought the Gameboy Player for the Gamecube I was waiting to drop further in price. I need to hide the item next time. Nah, I'll let others get it if they want. I was just hoping to find it for under $20.

one of my targets actually had a PSone with 3 crap games for the low low price of $48.xx marked down from $69.99:lol:

they also had a n-gage case for $13.xx:lol:

i dont know where they dug this stuff up from but i wish it was cheaper...

[quote name='arthurRWD']Picked up Geist for Gamecube for 12.48 today...i guess as always YMMV w/ Target[/quote]

There are several copies of Geist marked @ $12.48 @ the North Hills Target in Raleigh, NC as well. Not much else there though, just a couple Timesplitters 3(PS2) for $9.98.

hey hey hey...
i went to my local target yesterday and saw:

Geist (GC) - $12.48 (4 copies)
Drill Dozer (GBA) - $7.48 (2 copies)

ya if ne one is looking for these 2 titles at that price let me know so i could sell or trade it w/ ya.....

[quote name='arthurRWD']Picked up Geist for Gamecube for 12.48 today...i guess as always YMMV w/ Target[/QUOTE]I'll be getting this now, I saw it a week ago and it still had the $25 tag but I didn't bother checking to be sure.

Dekalb, IL

Drill Dozer GBA $7.48 (2 left after mine)
Resident Evil (Gamecube) $4.98 (last one)
Tony Hawk Underground GBA $3.74 (last one)

My local target here in Lake Jackson, TX had a couple of copies of Midway Arcade Treasures for the PSP for $7.48 each as of yesterday....

The Target on Oracle Rd. in Tucson has a few of the PSOne combo packs for about $48. No idea where they came from, but they're available to anyone interested. :lol:

Well I just got back from the Target inside the Washinton Square Mall in Indianapolis. They had the following deals when I was there.

Geist - $12 (almost got it, but think it might go down further)

Viewtiful Joe 1 GC - $5 (had to get a new copy)

Riddick for X-Box - $5 (nice deal, but I got the PC version at Big Lots for $4)

[quote name='Rirse']Well I just got back from the Target inside the Washinton Square Mall in Indianapolis. They had the following deals when I was there.

Geist - $12 (almost got it, but think it might go down further)

Viewtiful Joe 1 GC - $5 (had to get a new copy)

Riddick for X-Box - $5 (nice deal, but I got the PC version at Big Lots for $4)[/QUOTE]
Hmm... I'll have to start checking out Viewtiful Joe around here. Got a disc-only copy from Goozex that I'd glady upgrade to a complete copy for a mere $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back