The end of the OTT has been rescheduled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='seanr1221']Met a guy from Penn who laughed when I told him my salary. Gotta be careful though. My field is really small and pissing someone off can mean job suicide.[/QUOTE]

You can't compare your salary to an ivy as a grad student.

Nahhh, it's not like that. I just mentioned he was from Penn so Frost knew he was from my area.

There are small, private ABA organizations outside the Philly area that pay 10+ more an hour than I make. Got his email so he can help me make some contacts.

[quote name='seanr1221']Nahhh, it's not like that. I just mentioned he was from Penn so Frost knew he was from my area.

There are small, private ABA organizations outside the Philly area that pay 10+ more an hour than I make. Got his email so he can help me make some contacts.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a solid idea; see if you can "network" through him and potentially find another employer who will offer you a job. Just make sure you give the appropriate amount of notice if you are offered a new position and take it, this way your old employer won't be bitter and should be a solid reference in the future.

swanson-dance.gif

Well fuck you agian Sony. Thanks for the pointless update that does fucking nothing especially allow me to change my password, like you said it would do.

~~~~

That was a funny episode this week. Ron is awesome.

[quote name='flowery']Well fuck you agian Sony. Thanks for the pointless update that does fucking nothing especially allow me to change my password, like you said it would do.

~~~~

That was a funny episode this week. Ron is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Check again in a few. They are starting shit up now. Dr. Kaz says it might take a bit, but at least we are down to minutes and hours instead of "Uh.......this week? Maybe? Is that cool?"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/play-on-–-psn-restoration-begins-now/
I don't know what color is "illuminated" since they are all the same color, but there is something.

[quote name='manthing']Munch: I sold my copy of Portal 2 as my crack-head $100 HDTV died, so I needed a new one.[/QUOTE]

:cry:

[quote name='seanr1221']Nahhh, it's not like that. I just mentioned he was from Penn so Frost knew he was from my area.

There are small, private ABA organizations outside the Philly area that pay 10+ more an hour than I make. Got his email so he can help me make some contacts.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought you were talking about grad school pay for TAing and such. My bad.

Anyone got a recommendation for a good wireless n router and repeater? Probably going to buy a repeater first since I have a decent router (D-Link 655).

We are getting Direct TV and I had to move where I have my internet hooked up to the other end of the house. The new Xbox won't decent any wireless network (I get 3 bars on my laptop in the same room so I don't know why I get no signal on that circle, but it is annoying) and even when it does I want it stronger for when I gamey game game.

I am hoping I can just buy a repeater and my problem will be solved, but if anyone has a recommendation for a solid combo I would love to hear it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Your previous jobs were all off the books?
Welcome to the real world, where taxes suck. ^_^[/QUOTE]

I worked a few summers for some people doing work in school libraries and I made less than both they and I would technically have to report, so it was never reported. As such I was never actually employed, though, y'know.

How does SyFy stay in business. The original programing that they have is horrid, how do they keep getting sponsors.

[quote name='Soodmeg']How does SyFy stay in business. The original programing that they have is horrid, how do they keep getting sponsors.[/QUOTE]

Cheap syndicated shows and a corner on their market?

Doesn't Comcast own SyFy now?

I think I've honestly watched SyFy once, and it was to watch wrestling. (Which sucked.)

The only thing I watched lately on SyFy was Gundam 00.

Back in the early 90s though when they had stuff like the Prisoner and other things it was great. This might just be teenage nostalgia though.

[quote name='Brak']Doesn't Comcast own SyFy now?

I think I've honestly watched SyFy once, and it was to watch wrestling. (Which sucked.)[/QUOTE]

They used to play The Twilight Zone late at night, I doubt they still do. They are also making a Red Faction series which seems to hold pretty true to what I know of the story from those games. It looks to be classic cheesiness as far as production quality/style though.

Stayed up late playing PSN with a friend who all he wanted to play was Burnout.... Portal 2 co-op today with what little time I have to play. 2 of my final 3 classes start tomorrow, the other on Tuesday.

I would have watched Twilight Zone and MST3k during Sci-Fi's prime, but I didn't have the channel up 'til around 3 or 4 years ago.

(My exgirlfriend really likes the present-day SyFy, which I thought was weird since it is universally shat upon.)

I used to watch MST3k on Comedy Central, back in the day, *puts on hipster glasses* when the channel used to be good.

All I watch now is *puts on another pair of hipster glasses* Netflix, PBS, History Channel, Travel Channel, National Geographic, etc.

Frisky / Frosty / ManaKnight / ps3 people - there's extra content for PS3 LA Noire that 360 doesn't get for free right? Does anyone know how you access it? If its on the disc or a code you'll have to redeem through PSN?

[quote name='Maklershed']Frisky / Frosty / ManaKnight / ps3 people - there's extra content for PS3 LA Noire that 360 doesn't get for free right? Does anyone know how you access it? If its on the disc or a code you'll have to redeem through PSN?[/QUOTE]

Whatever RDR had that was exclusive was on the disc when it shipped.
So LA Noire could potentially do the same.

However, until the PSN store comes back up to allow code redemption, the pre-order bonus codes will be in limbo.

If, for whatever reason, the PS3 exclusive content didn't ship on the disc, it would be locked out until the store is back online for the same reason I mentioned above.

At least, that's how I understand it.

[quote name='munch']Will someone please do Portal 2 co op with me :cry: :desperation:[/QUOTE]

Sure! I've started playing it now that PSN is back up... wait a minute. :(

So I popped in EA Sports MMA thinking I'd finally get a game in with my friend and then we realized you have to have an EA Sports online pass to play and to do that you have to redeem a code in the PSN Store. :(

Played some single player career mode though and its fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in UFC/Strikeforce/etc

@Linkin - Rage and Lauryn Hill at the same concert? Its the late 90s all over! (

[quote name='Maklershed']So I popped in EA Sports MMA thinking I'd finally get a game in with my friend and then we realized you have to have an EA Sports online pass to play and to do that you have to redeem a code in the PSN Store. :(

Played some single player career mode though and its fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in UFC/Strikeforce/etc

@Linkin - Rage and Lauryn Hill at the same concert? Its the late 90s all over! (

[quote name='munch']hey mak,
Do you want to do coop on portal? You keep ignoring me :cry:[/QUOTE]

You sent me another message? And by down for it tomorrow night if you can't find anyone till then.

Just got a call from a guy for the Hanover Target. Was not expecting a call so soon since I just applied for transfer on Saturday and the store doesn't open until late July, but it seems like this is going to be smooth sailing, so hooray.

Never actually worked at a store when they did grand opening though. Apparently Target gets ownership of the building in mid-june, so I don't know if the employees will help with setting it up or how that works.

But two weeks minimum of doing nothing if I so desire is kind of nice. If not for having just moved, would be a nice little vacation.

[quote name='GuardianE']I read that Tom Brady couldn't participate because he helped with early builds of the game? That might be total BS, though. Not sure why Tom Brady wasn't playing.[/QUOTE]

I thought he meant Tom Brady of the New England Patriots for the longest time.

[quote name='JStryke']I thought he meant Tom Brady of the New England Patriots for the longest time.[/QUOTE]

Ahahaha... yeah, no. Tom Brady is the guy's online name. I guess he's just a really big fan. :lol:

It's bullshit though, because someone needs to step up and stop Justin Wong from winning everything.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Whatever RDR had that was exclusive was on the disc when it shipped.
So LA Noire could potentially do the same.

However, until the PSN store comes back up to allow code redemption, the pre-order bonus codes will be in limbo.

If, for whatever reason, the PS3 exclusive content didn't ship on the disc, it would be locked out until the store is back online for the same reason I mentioned above.

At least, that's how I understand it.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's on the disk or not. RDR was on the disk, extra stuff for Mafia was a PSN code. The Walmart/Gamestop preorder cases and the free DLC BB midnight launch case are all redemption codes.

Started class earlier today. Class from 9am-12pm, 12:30-2 and 4-8, with the 9am off Monday and 4pm off Friday's. This next 6 weeks is going to suuuuuuuuck. My chem professor said today, "Our first test will be May 27th, so that's about...3 weeks away? ...Nope 11, days. Our first test is in 11 days." Shitty.

My professor in Animal Behavior showed us a vhs film on infanticide and then let us go for the day. Honestly the first vhs I have watched since The Lion King.

I am getting afraid that someone might have stolen my Radiohead The King of Limbs Newspaper Album before I got home. It has been forever since it shipped.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Awesome gift![/QUOTE]

Yeah I love it. It also came with 60 kcups and a filter to put your own coffee in.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yeah I love it. It also came with 60 kcups and a filter to put your own coffee in.[/QUOTE]

I have been thinking about investing in one of the filters. May eventually do it.

Just reserved three books at the library that I've wanted to read for a while. Hopefully I can set some time aside this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back