The Half Price Books Thread

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
As a big fan of Half Price Books I thought a thread discussing the various discounts, promotions and of course our finds was more than well deserved.

All deals posted in the OP and in this thread are YMMV by nature. Some things have universal prices (or damn near) but still.

Always remember to check our local store's page on the HPB.com website to see if it has any additional specials (such as comic Wednesdays)!

Current Promotions:

Upcoming Promotions:

Miscellaneous contest and other deals:

Educator's Discount: If you are an educator you can apply for the Educators Discount Card to save 10% every day at HPB. http://www.hpb.com/community/educators/

Notable Deals (Items that seem to be more universal):
This is not to add every single descent deal found at HPB, but to post ones that seem to be more universal (i.e. items marked with SuperBuy rather than clearance or is reported in multiple places).

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, posted this in a random HPB thread, but didn't notice it wasn't the regular thread since it hasn't been bumped for over a month, lol.

Starts Nov.4 Monday, and goes through Sunday, Nov.10.

x79a.png

Here's a direct link,

Coupons

FWIW, the Black Friday info and coupon has been posted on the HPB site.

Open at 7am on Friday and a free tote for the first 100 people with a $5 gift card included and one tote will have a $100 gift card.

The coupon is for 40% off one item or $15 off a purchase of $50 for more.  Same as last year IIRC.

FWIW, the Black Friday info and coupon has been posted on the HPB site.

Open at 7am on Friday and a free tote for the first 100 people with a $5 gift card included and one tote will have a $100 gift card.

The coupon is for 40% off one item or $15 off a purchase of $50 for more. Same as last year IIRC.
I thought it was a 20% off coupon years past? Anyway, thread updated (sorry so behind on doing so).

I picked up a hori ex2 arcade stick for 360 in very good condition for 19.xx after 40% off coupon

pretty satisfied with the deal.. will hit up another location for the 50% coupon sunday

Already went there earlier this morning, going back tonight, rinse and repeat tomorrow, and then on Sunday.

Wish this store just let me do it all at once, but I guess they would rather have me suffer. T___T

Picked up an Ice Blue DS Lite there. They had it marked for $50 and it was in the case. I asked if I could take a look at it, so the employee got it out and we chatted for awhile. He said that it's been in there for a few weeks, so he'd be marking it down to $40 next week anyway, and he could do that now for me. I couldn't resist that, so I walked out with it for $24.

They are indeed a great place to get consoles on the cheap during these sales.

I've made a bunch of purchases already in these two days, so now just waiting it out until Sunday. :3

I thought it was a 20% off coupon years past?
You're probably right on the 20%. I've been unimpressed with past HPB's Black Friday sales, but I actually may try to make it this year with the $40% off.

Picked up Odin Sphere for $9 on the current sale. Now to wait for Sunday.

Went to HPB today. My girlfriend bought the book Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis for $10, and I bought GTA V with the 30% coupon for $20 out the door! Great day!

I got Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass for $8 and Mario party DS for $5.

Only used a 40% off coupon on Zelda since Mario was so cheap.

Mario was cart only but luckily i collect DS cases.

Do u need to print these coupons?
If you go there and tell them you don't have the coupon they will probably ask you if you are on their mailing list, in which case you obviously need to answer "Yes" if you want the discount.

The coupons are always posted at the register, so they just use those if the ones people print out don't scan properly, like my printer never does.

In one occasion they actually even wanted me to pull it up on my phone to show them I'm on the mailing list, lol. Paranoid employees at my store. ~_~

Thanks guys. That probably saved me a lot of hassle :)

now I can hopefully find some shadowrun supplement material on the cheaps!

Picked up the Disney Infinity starter set today for $18.50 after coupon. Pretty solid. Happy shopping everyone!

Went to HPB today. My girlfriend bought the book Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis for $10, and I bought GTA V with the 30% coupon for $20 out the door! Great day!
I read that a week or so ago, good book with a really cool looking cover.

Gonna go see what I can find this afternoon

Picked up a few things I've been looking for.  Stopped at three stores:

Best score of the day was a Gameboy Player for the Gamecube with the disc for $10 after the coupon.

Rogue Galaxy (PS2) $10 (w/coupon)

Eternal Darkness (GC) $7.50 (w/coupon)

Tsugunai: Atonement (PS2) $8

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2) $10

Disgaea strategy guide $7.50

Man, I was real tempted by a $12.50 Gamecube, thought I might relive some nostalgia. But I just couldn't do it, a quick amazon search showed the used prices of pretty much every GC game I could think of around $30...same reason I haven't picked up the $100 3DS at the pawn shop near me.

I picked up two Simpsons DVD sets, still happy with that :)

Grabbed :360: Metro 2033 for $15 at my first stop...got my original copy last Xmas but the disc wouldn't read, so hopefully this one works out. Went to a second location and got THE DOLEMITE COLLECTION on DVD for $17.50. Officially Disapproved by THE MAN "100% REAL DEAL"

Picked up NBA 2K14 (X360) for $15 and The Hunger Games Trilogy of books for $10 in a nice box set.  The store here in Westerville, OH was PACKED, with three registers each having lines at least 10 people deep.  Very pleasant atmosphere, however.  Awesome day!

I picked up Those who Hunt Elves complete series for $10, Angelic Layer complete series for $15, a fat ps2 missing the disc drive cover for $12.50, and Fallout 3 GOTY 360 for $7.50.

I saw this, and I'm wondering if I should get that Chrono Trigger for snes... $50 price tag though :(
I would've gotten it pre-discount, so not sure why you even need to think about it with the discount. ~_~

You should call or go there and have them put it on hold for you for Thursday.

Is it in good condition?

Yes it is...

Can they do that ?
The typical hold policy is 72 hours, but it will vary by store, but at the very least they should be able to hold it until Thursday for two days unless your HPB is just filled with Grinches.

That being said, PUT IT ON HOLD NAU!

The typical hold policy is 72 hours, but it will vary by store, but at the very least they should be able to hold it until Thursday for two days unless your HPB is just filled with Grinches.

That being said, PUT IT ON HOLD NAU!
Yay!

I called and they'll put it on hold for me.

:D

My HPB had really nice stuff, I managed to get:

Chrono Trigger (SNES)
FF2 (FF4)         (SNES)

Act Raiser         (SNES)
Dragon Warrior 2 (NES)

Metroid Fusion CIB  (GBA)

Looks like this weekend will be a "book lovers" weekend. No idea what the coupon will be, but it goes from Friday to Monday. Odd they haven't emailed said coupon yet. 

bread's done
Back