The Official Guild Wars Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like 7 also, I'm going to BB tonight to grab the game, so barring any setbacks I should have the game up and running tonight. Once I make my character I'll be sure to post the name here so I can get into the guild.

4tqa34

I think the first is great... the next one is ok... but the black just doesn't work for the emblem...

[quote name='Kayden']I think the first is great... the next one is ok... but the black just doesn't work for the emblem...

[/QUOTE]

I like either 1 or 4. The black cape witht he white logo looks good.

Also, I think I will be ordering a computer in the next few days, and it looks like it will ship next week. When I get it I would like to join the guild once I get the game installed and ecerything set up on the computer the way I like it.

One last question though, is there any place that still has the bonus weapons with purchase of the game or was that pre-order only?

[quote name='greendj27']I like either 1 or 4. The black cape witht he white logo looks good.

Also, I think I will be ordering a computer in the next few days, and it looks like it will ship next week. When I get it I would like to join the guild once I get the game installed and ecerything set up on the computer the way I like it.

One last question though, is there any place that still has the bonus weapons with purchase of the game or was that pre-order only?[/QUOTE]

If you want to call local stores... BB and Compusa still had some... BB wanted 10 and Cusa wanted 5

Gamestop gave away any left overs to people that bought it... as for eb... couldn't tell you.

I really liike the first one in Moxio's most recent post. The Gold looks great on the black. Definitely my favorite so far.

Also, Thanks for the info Kayden. I also never thought to ask if the bonus weapon was really worth getting or not.

[quote name='Kayden']7 is my favorite. I like the B&W because it wont horrible clash with any colors. Red capes will look stupid on a green mez or pink on a black necro...

[/QUOTE]

I still like #7 here the best, the skull looks more fearsome then the current designs with the eagle/phoenix/bird thing.

[quote name='jimbodan']I still like #7 here the best, the skull looks more fearsome then the current designs with the eagle/phoenix/bird thing.[/QUOTE]

The phoenix is regal ;)

[quote name='Kayden']My official favorites. I can't decide which I like more between Fav 1 and 2.
[/QUOTE]

I like either of the top 2. I'm really not feeling the demon head.

I picked it up tonight.

Character name is "Lady Deth Dealer"

Currently level 4 Mesmer/Necromancer

I named my character in honor of my original Diablo 2 character, I threw on the "Lady" title because it was my favorite Diablo 2 title.

Go ahead and add me to the guild if you don't mind.

The game seems to be running either choppy or laggy, I can't tell which it is.

I have an extremely nice SLI setup, so I don't think the problem is lack of computer power, but it could always be some random setting I have enabled, although I'm using the Guild Wars specific SLI profile.

I have DSL so I don't see how lag could be a problem either, but considering how picky and srewy connection issues can be I think lag is more of a possibility.

Does anyone know any way to test my connection speed in game and also see my frame rate?

EDIT: Problem seems to have gone away for the most part, I was reading on another forum that it's sometimes laggy for the first 15-30 minutes and then it gets a lot better.

[quote name='jimbodan']I picked it up tonight.

Character name is "Lady Deth Dealer"

Currently level 4 Mesmer/Necromancer

I named my character in honor of my original Diablo 2 character, I threw on the "Lady" title because it was my favorite Diablo 2 title.

Go ahead and add me to the guild if you don't mind.

The game seems to be running either choppy or laggy, I can't tell which it is.

I have an extremely nice SLI setup, so I don't think the problem is lack of computer power, but it could always be some random setting I have enabled, although I'm using the Guild Wars specific SLI profile.

I have DSL so I don't see how lag could be a problem either, but considering how picky and srewy connection issues can be I think lag is more of a possibility.

Does anyone know any way to test my connection speed in game and also see my frame rate?

EDIT: Problem seems to have gone away for the most part, I was reading on another forum that it's sometimes laggy for the first 15-30 minutes and then it gets a lot better.[/QUOTE]

The typical reason for this lag is that Guild Wars periodically streams data to your computer (its the lil' lightning bolt in the top right corner). When its done streaming, everything gets better.

As for the issue of the guild's cape/colors, its really not all that important, but it would be nice if we could vote on one. Perhaps I'll make a voting topic.

First of all lets try to get our choices down to 4-6. After we decide on which 4-6 we have to choose from I'll make a new topic with the 4-6 images in the OP and allow for voting where you see who's name voted for what (so we can discount those who vote that aren't playing/part of the guild.)

From what I've read of people so far, it looks like Kayden's Black/White Pheonix, Moxio's Green/Gold Pheonix (yay :D), and the Black/White Demon head are 3 of the popular choices. Correct me if I'm wrong/add a few more choices.

Im here! Im here!

Hehe

I think I'm about ready to leave preshear. :p

Lord Dogpatch - Warrior/ Mesmer - Lvl 8
Trinity Mirage - Necro/ (undecided) - Lvl 2

Not going to try to keep up with Moxio. Wish I had his job. Or does he?

I'm level 8 mesmer/necromancer now.

I was wondering I have a few quest items and I have no idea what they are for. I believe I have a feather of type, a pendant and Aloe Seed I think. Someone online said the Aloe was for Ranger quest. If that is correct I should just throw it away then since I'm not a Ranger right? What about the other stuff anyone know what quests they go with?

ok, finally found a character im gonna keep.

Name: Jay Luc

Ranger/Monk. lvl 3 atm

any guild invite would be welcome. thx.

[quote name='Kayden']Jim, some stuff you give to the little girl, and other stuff you give to collectors.[/QUOTE]

All those items I was talking about were labled as quest items, I guess they were just for other classes quests?

I'd also like a Guild invite please :)

Anyone down for helping me do the first quest at the Northern Wall later tonight after the NBA Playoffs? It's the quest where you have to go north to scout the Charr army. I've tried about 5 times now with henchman and I've gotten my ass beat quite bad each time.

[quote name='Moxio']Hey Jim, I'm willing to help you with any quest, but I can't now.... Tomorrow is okay? Gotta sleep now. X_X[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try this quest a few more times tonight, but I'm definately down for doing some quests tomorrow either different ones or this one if I still haven't beaten it.

I finally beat the damn wall quest. Now I need to do some quests just past the Wall Breach, I'd love some help with them tomorrow if anyone is down.

[quote name='jimbodan']I'm level 8 mesmer/necromancer now.

I was wondering I have a few quest items and I have no idea what they are for. I believe I have a feather of type, a pendant and Aloe Seed I think. Someone online said the Aloe was for Ranger quest. If that is correct I should just throw it away then since I'm not a Ranger right? What about the other stuff anyone know what quests they go with?[/QUOTE]

The aloe root is for the ranger quest. The aloe seed is for collector. The feather, pearl, and pendant are for the perfect wedding quest. This is from the Capt. outside city. The pearl is in Ashford, near the water, in a beautiful shell.

Nice talking to jimbodan and Kayden last night--once we should get together sometime and definately wander around.

All hail CAG!

I was just wondering something....are you guys using a microphone kind of like Live or do you just chat with the keyboard?

I told you I've never gamed on a PC before ;)

[quote name='Kayden']Perfect Wedding? :whistle2:s

I talked to everyone more times than I can count... never saw it.[/QUOTE]

I missed it too, I'm assuming it's pre-searing? So I guess I can safely throw away the pendant and feather now.

Also I'm about to log on now, so if anyone is down for some questing drop me a message in game!

[quote name='Moxio']What's the benefit of "ascending" anyways?[/QUOTE]

Uh.... .... .... :lol:

No clue.

[quote name='Kayden']I've accended ;-)

Heres what you guys are missing.

[/QUOTE]

Damn that dragon looks really bad-ass. I got a good many weekends ahead of me before I even reach lvl 15... Oh well, I hope to be living proof of the skill over time played thing GW has been preaching. :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back