The Official Guild Wars Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jimbodan']Could someone be so kind as to give me a price check on this stuff? I AM NOT SELLING ANY OF IT RIGHT NOW. I just want to get an idea of what this stuff is worth.

GOLD's

Icy War Hamer
Cold Dmg 16-29
Damage + 19% while Hexed
2-handed
Requires 10 Hamer Mastery

Scroll
Energy +12
Armor +5 whiled enchanted
Health +37 while Hexed
Requires 9 Earth Magic

Defensive Smiting Staff of Fortitude
Energy +10
Light Damage 11-22
Improves Skill Recharge (10% chance)
Armor +5
Health +26
2-handed
Requires 9 smiting prayers

Purple:

Icy Scimitar
Cold Dmg 14-19
Requires 9 in swordsmanship

RUNES

Minor Rune of Vigor

Major Rune of Vigor

Monk Rune of Healing Prayers

Necromancer Rune of Minor Death Magic

WEAPON PIECES

Staff Wrapping of Enchanting
enchantments last 10% longer

Fiery Sword Hilt
fire damage

Barbed Sword Hilt
lengthens Bleeding Duration[/QUOTE]

Some of your hilts may be worth quite a bit. Your Major Rune of vigor and Rune of Healing Prayers may be worth quite a bit also if you find a guy who is willing to pay a golden price.

Thanks for the price check. Think I should keep the Scimitar or try and salvage it?

Also what about the Hammer, Scroll, and Staff? Are those stats anything good or just average?

By the way I got most all this stuff just doing Drake runs, I've been averaging about 1 purple or gold per run.

Most rares go for about 1k-3k depending on how good they are.

That Major Vigor Rune is worth 12-20k depending on who you sell it to.

The weapon pieces average about 300-500.

General runes are about 300g, the more popular ones are ~500.

The scroll and staff are worth some bills if you find the right mage. As for the scimitar, I'd just salvage it and hope for the hilt. The damage is pretty low.

Where do you guys go for the Drake runs?

Only Drakes i've seen so far are around lvl 18 off of Divine Coast area, and they don't drop anything worthwhile at all.

[quote name='Kayden']Most rares go for about 1k-3k depending on how good they are.

That Major Vigor Rune is worth 12-20k depending on who you sell it to.

The weapon pieces average about 300-500.

General runes are about 300g, the more popular ones are ~500.

The scroll and staff are worth some bills if you find the right mage. As for the scimitar, I'd just salvage it and hope for the hilt. The damage is pretty low.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I think I'm going to sell most of the weapons, I'll probably keep the vigor rune and a few others.

And for the guy asking about Drake runs, head to Gates of Kryta and you'll see people doing Drake runs just get into a good group of about 4

EDIT: If anyone is interested in any of those items plus some others, they are for sale here:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?p=76104#post76104

Hi all, Im new to the CAG forums and guild and I look forward to playing with you all.
My current chars are:
Lord Melvin - 20 Mo/W
Ootek Imrothi - 12 E/N
Zaraum Aleveroth - 11 W/R

If you need any help with something or have any questions, let me know. :D

sorry i havent been on too much, but im so close to lvl 60 in WoW, that i've been having trouble tearing myself away from it.

anyway, my main problem with this game is the crafting system, i sort of understand how it works, but honestly i find it a little cumbersome at the moment (maybe because im used to how WoW works.) are there any good guides or explanations anyone has seen so I can get some advice?

I think my main problem is, since it's so tough to do, when should I upgrade my armor? im lvl 8, and I'm still pretty much wearing what I started with. Should I craft it or just hope I get something decent from a quest reward? Where do I get all the materials anyway?

thx in advance.

I have a question concerning skills, since Moxio gave me the idea of using ones like Power Attack. Heres an example:
Power Attack - Strength
Mana: 5 recharge time: 4
Melee Attack. If this attack hits, you strike for +10..26 damage.

Does this mean that since my hammer does 11-36 damage and I have a Hammer Mastery of 9 that I should do 30-55 damage when I use Power Attack? Or does the +damage mean I will only do 10 damage (strength at lvl 1).

Basically, when you compare Power Attack with its +10...26 damage to say, Protector's Strike (Protector's Strike - Strength
Mana: 5 recharge time: 2
Melee Attack. If this attack strikes a moving foe, you strike for 5..25 more damage.)
is the +10 the same thing as 10 more damage?

Thx.

[quote name='jalu6']sorry i havent been on too much, but im so close to lvl 60 in WoW, that i've been having trouble tearing myself away from it.

anyway, my main problem with this game is the crafting system, i sort of understand how it works, but honestly i find it a little cumbersome at the moment (maybe because im used to how WoW works.) are there any good guides or explanations anyone has seen so I can get some advice?

I think my main problem is, since it's so tough to do, when should I upgrade my armor? im lvl 8, and I'm still pretty much wearing what I started with. Should I craft it or just hope I get something decent from a quest reward? Where do I get all the materials anyway?

thx in advance.[/QUOTE]

I got my armor through collectors. Go around and see if any of them are offerring armor for your class. That's how I got almost entirely new armor pre-Searing.

well, i got through the searing and i did the first "northen wall" mission, but thats as far as i am. i was going to go and pick up quests from all the NPCs and run them before I do the mission i get at the fort. I'll have to look for armor.

BTW, im a Ranger/Monk.

I just hit lvl 11 last night and finished 2nd mission. The game is fun so far but the whole economy seems a bit strange. I sold a black dye for 1500 gold o_O;;;

[quote name='crystalklear64']I have a question concerning skills, since Moxio gave me the idea of using ones like Power Attack. Heres an example:
Power Attack - Strength

Does this mean that since my hammer does 11-36 damage and I have a Hammer Mastery of 9 that I should do 30-55 damage when I use Power Attack? Or does the +damage mean I will only do 10 damage (strength at lvl 1).

Basically, when you compare Power Attack with its +10...26 damage to say, Protector's Strike (Protector's Strike - Strength
Melee Attack. If this attack strikes a moving foe, you strike for 5..25 more damage.)

Thx.[/QUOTE]

Since Power Attack is linked to Strength, it means it depends solely on your Strength attribute and your hammer mastery lvl wont effect it. So with 1 Strength Power Attack would do +10 dmg, and with 12 it would do +26. As far as I know, strength still gives you some armor penetration too. Strength is an attribute you should probably have if your a warrior.
And im assuming you meant 11-26 for the hammer damage, because the max for hammers is 19-35. I have some of these sitting around that i could give you too.

[quote name='crystalklear64']I have a question concerning skills, since Moxio gave me the idea of using ones like Power Attack. Heres an example:
Power Attack - Strength

Thx.[/QUOTE]

It does actually depend on the damage you do to your monster. If the monster has insanely high defense and you're landing 5's and 6's, then you'll just add the [10-26] damage right on top of that, which can be helpful if you're dealing soft blows. Right now mine deals an extra 20 or 22, which is useful in the Shiverpeaks since the dwarves have somewhat high defense.

I got an offer of a little over 1k for this staff:

Defensive Smiting Staff of Fortitude
Energy +10
Light Damage 11-22
Improves Skill Recharge (10% chance)
Armor +5
Health +26
2-handed
Requires 9 smiting prayers

Do you guys think that's a fair price? I just want to make sure I'm not giving away a possibly godly staff on the cheap. I don't play a Monk, so I don't know if this is a good Monk staff or not.

EDIT: offer has just been raised to 2k! Glad I waited and didn't take 1k!

Also, I'm going to give away some of the items that I can't sell to some CAGers.

Looks like right now I'll have a Shield, Sword, and Wand. Possibly some more stuff too

I'll post the stats, all are purple items:

Shield:

Wooden Buckler
Armor 14
Damaged Recieved -1 (Chance 4%)
Req 10 Tactics

Sword:

Brute Sword
13-19 dmg
Req 9 Swordsmanship

Wand:

Fire Wand
9-17 dmg
Energy +3 (while enchanted)
Req 7 fire magic

I may have a couple more things too, anyways if any of you guys want any of these items for free just post here and I'll give them away.

So far, this game sounds alot like PSO...

Everyone meets in a central area, then goes off into their own little zone to do quests. Is there a ton of different weapons / armor, and can you see them equipped at all times on everyone?

Do you guys think this game has good replay value despite a small level cap?

[quote name='Lord Melvin']Since Power Attack is linked to Strength, it means it depends solely on your Strength attribute and your hammer mastery lvl wont effect it. So with 1 Strength Power Attack would do +10 dmg, and with 12 it would do +26. As far as I know, strength still gives you some armor penetration too. Strength is an attribute you should probably have if your a warrior.
And im assuming you meant 11-26 for the hammer damage, because the max for hammers is 19-35. I have some of these sitting around that i could give you too.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I have the exclusive pre-order item from Gamestop. Its a Hammer that does 11-36 with a hammer mastery of 9 and gives +20 health when you have strength of 5.

[quote name='Logg']Sword:

Brute Sword
13-19 dmg
Req 9 Swordsmanship

I would like that[/QUOTE]

it's yours, message me when you get online, i really don't wanna hold this stuff for long.

As for the rest if I don't get message in game in about 30 seconds the rest is getting sold.

[quote name='greendj27']How do you do that?[/QUOTE]

Actually it's a quest.. later on past Ascension in the southern Shiverpeaks.

[quote name='Moxio']Actually it's a quest.. later on past Ascension in the southern Shiverpeaks.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I'm nowhere near ascension yet I don't think. I haven't had much time to play.

Heh, I snagged your sig idea Moxio :D .
Got another question....
When you redeem your attribute points, is their a penalty to the points themselves? I know you lose the redemtion points, but are any attribute points lost in the process? If not, I'd like to be able to put them in a different attribute and change up my playing style for a bit.

Gracious.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Heh, I snagged your sig idea Moxio :D .
Got another question....
When you redeem your attribute points, is their a penalty to the points themselves? I know you lose the redemtion points, but are any attribute points lost in the process? If not, I'd like to be able to put them in a different attribute and change up my playing style for a bit.

Gracious.[/QUOTE]

No, you dont lose any attribute points when you do the refunds, and its pretty easy to get the refund points back. They made it really easy to change around your chars.

Does this game use a lot of bandwidth? I want to get the game but I'm want to make sure I will be able to play it. I get free internet with my apartment but will get kicked off if I'm hogging bandwidth.

Someone suggested I ask my technical question in here. My laptop basically meets all requirements for the game, except the video card. I know GW says that you need a Radeon 8500, but I have a Mobility Radeon 7500. Do you think the game will still run at a decent framerate?

[quote name='Stargun007']Someone suggested I ask my technical question in here. My laptop basically meets all requirements for the game, except the video card. I know GW says that you need a Radeon 8500, but I have a Mobility Radeon 7500. Do you think the game will still run at a decent framerate?[/QUOTE]

I know that during one of the Beta test for this game, i played on my girlfriends computer and that only had the shitty dell standard video card. It didn't run great and would occasionally crash, but it ean it enough to play.

I was just wondering what the plan is for the Guild Hall? I know on the announcements we are taking donations, but I was thinking it would be a much better idea to try and get a Sigil the right way instead of overpaying for it from some chump.

To get a Sigil don't we need to win some form of PvP? I'm sure between all of use we must have a group capable of doing some damage in PvP.

Since it's free to play online, I might pick it up. I don't really have anytime to pour into an MMORPG though. I barely have enough to play the game I have right now. Maybe when summer vacation rolls around....

What do you guys think?

Yea im gonna start doing some more tombs to see if i can snag a sigil. I have a friend that got 4 sigils a few days ago but already sold them all. If they need a monk I may be able to pvp with them (and who doesnt like monks? :D).
I dont really think its necessary to buy one either. it would cost around 40k for one right now, and the prices will drop once most of the guilds get set up with a guild hall. Besides, I just spent all my money on armor and im completeley broke.

[quote name='Lord Melvin']Yea im gonna start doing some more tombs to see if i can snag a sigil. I have a friend that got 4 sigils a few days ago but already sold them all. If they need a monk I may be able to pvp with them (and who doesnt like monks? :D).
I dont really think its necessary to buy one either. it would cost around 40k for one right now, and the prices will drop once most of the guilds get set up with a guild hall. Besides, I just spent all my money on armor and im completeley broke.[/QUOTE]

I just bought a complete 80 armor set but I still have a few platinum left.

[quote name='jimbodan']I was just wondering what the plan is for the Guild Hall? I know on the announcements we are taking donations, but I was thinking it would be a much better idea to try and get a Sigil the right way instead of overpaying for it from some chump.

To get a Sigil don't we need to win some form of PvP? I'm sure between all of use we must have a group capable of doing some damage in PvP.[/QUOTE]

I think it's Hall of Heroes.

[quote name='Moxio']I just bought a complete 80 armor set but I still have a few platinum left.

I think it's Hall of Heroes.[/QUOTE]

Hey Moxio hard long hvae you been playing

I was out of town for two days and today is my GFs birthday, so no game for me...

Melvin and I have been trying to win one the ol fashioned way, but its hard with how fucking retarded so many people are. If you guys want to beat the ascension trials and come to the Tombs and give it a shot, we'd be glad to have you help. I just didn't really think much of asking you guys because most of you seem to be fairly new and not sure of whats going on. I've been playing for about 8 months already.

No kidding. The Ascension quests are insanely hard unless you don't have an awesome party. It took me like 10 tries (for all 3, not counting Mirror) to find good parties and complete the quests.

Yea the desert ones are really hard if you have people in your party that dont know what theyre doing and wont listen. But if youve done it before and you're careful theyre not so bad.

And the last update finally fixed the elite crafting materials for the 15k armor. You'll have to check out my new armor Kayden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back