The Official Guild Wars Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect Wedding is a mission in preshearing. Throw the stuff away if you have moved on.

The dragons are cool as hell! Might have to put my exploring to side for awhile. :)

I have a question about this game. I heard that its not actually "free." This guy I work with told me that you have to pay for every patch they put out, making it equal to paying for an MMORPG. Is there any truth in this? I really wanted this, but now I'm not too sure.

[quote name='tcrash247']I have a question about this game. I heard that its not actually "free." This guy I work with told me that you have to pay for every patch they put out, making it equal to paying for an MMORPG. Is there any truth in this? I really wanted this, but now I'm not too sure.[/QUOTE]

Not true, patches and updates are free, but the company has said it will release... well basically expansion packs (cost and content typical to other expansions ie. Diablo II:LOD new levels and skills) that you can pay for if you want. If not, it will in no way hinder your game play and you can still play with all your buds that might buy the expansion.

[quote name='tcrash247']Ok, cool. I'll probably pick this up tomorrow if Circuit City still has any available.[/QUOTE]

Good plan, if you need any more info, the game's site, www.guildwars.com, has that info in it FAQ section. I think its the part talking about how much money the game will cost/ if there will be a monthly fee.

I really don't get how people misunderstand everything so easily....

I've heard every claim from they will charge monthly, you have to buy the new packs or you can't play, and you have to pay for patches... When did people suddenly lose the ability to comprehend? They say on their site, "Free to play online, Expansions will be available, but you don't need to buy them to continue playing."

I guess I just want people to show a little goddamned common sense. *sigh*

[quote name='Kayden']I really don't get how people misunderstand everything so easily....

I've heard every claim from they will charge monthly, you have to buy the new packs or you can't play, and you have to pay for patches... When did people suddenly lose the ability to comprehend? They say on their site, "Free to play online, Expansions will be available, but you don't need to buy them to continue playing."

I guess I just want people to show a little goddamned common sense. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

You ask too much of so little.

ok.. I picked it up and am loving it...
not looking to join CAG but give me a /tell as Taiidan Sonata lvl5 War/mes
I am enjoying myself thouroghly

I really need some help with either the Althea's Ashes quest or the Nolani mission + Bonus. Anyone down for helping me out with either of these when I get home from work Friday afternoon/evening?

[quote name='crystalklear64']You ask too much of so little.[/QUOTE]

It's not like they have been stating that for a year now. :p
Gotta love people who try to ruin a good thing.

Since I'm on mostly mornings (est), who should I give my contributions to for the capes? Have not seen anybody on except Kayden a couple mornings ago. Think he was busy or afk.

[quote name='jimbodan']I really need some help with either the Althea's Ashes quest or the Nolani mission + Bonus. Anyone down for helping me out with either of these when I get home from work Friday afternoon/evening?[/QUOTE]

My computer is supposed to arrive today, and the game as well. If I get everything hooked up in time, and play for a little while to build my levels and get a feel for things, I will help.

I'll come back and post my character name here once I get him set up. Also, I can donate some gold for the capes too once I get some. ;)

If youre looking for a reason to get it in game, it only makes your hands glow... but the art book is gorgeous.

Slowly figuring the game out since the instructions werent that great.

I'm Sparky Mcburn
So far it seems a nice change of pace from WoW

Go ahead and add me if you see me :)

[quote name='greendj27']My computer is supposed to arrive today, and the game as well. If I get everything hooked up in time, and play for a little while to build my levels and get a feel for things, I will help.

I'll come back and post my character name here once I get him set up. Also, I can donate some gold for the capes too once I get some. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, but I pray I'm not still on those quests by the time you level up (if you play a lot you should be around those quests like 2 days). If you need any help with quests/missions let me know. I didn't have much of a problem with most of the other missions so I should be of some help.

For anyone else that is high level, I'm about to log on and I'd really really really appreciate some help from some high level players to do the Nolani academy mission + bonus and/or Althea's Ashes.

More pictures!

Moxio, you're really falling behind.

This charming fellow is about 15 feet tall...

...and this is his big brother.

Guess who this is....

The screen shot of this doesnt really do it justice, ingame they shimmer and pulse.

Ok, I started a character now and would like to join the guild. My character name is "Daniel Trongbow" . Please add me to the guild. Thanks.

Ok... Capes... Can we come to a consensus?
I tried to combine what everyone liked. We've got a dark background, fire, its black and white and has a gold bird.
combo7vq.jpg

Well, I ended up getting it. Now I just have to actually hook my real computer up again, and I'll be playing. My other friend is gonna be getting it sometime soon, so we'll probably be looking to play with people.

[quote name='Kayden']Ok... Capes... Can we come to a consensus?
I tried to combine what everyone liked. We've got a dark background, fire, its black and white and has a gold bird.
combo7vq.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think that looks fine. I wonder how it would look with the black and white reversed?

Okay. I exist now. My name in the game is Kambei Kenshin. Had to combine my two names I wanted (Kambei Shimada or Himura Kenshin). Add me as your friend.

[quote name='Kayden']Ok... Capes... Can we come to a consensus?
combo7vq.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice work on the capes Kayden!

Had a bunch of friends over for a "Game Day". Mostly multiplayer console stuff, but I did show them GuildWars. That's when I noticed the capes. Looks like they would go with any character pretty well.

Level 3, almost level 4. I can definitely see why you guys barely post anymore. And my friend who's on CAG but rarely posts will be coming back on Monday once he goes and gets GW.

Just got it yesterday. Level 9. Name "James Stryker." God damn this was money well spent.

Only 18 Mox? I've leveled at 20 5 times already. =P It takes like 20k to level now >_<

Oh yea... >_< doesnt work ingame... X_x just doesn't feel the same.

Another guy and I were soloing level 22s. Every creature drops something when it dies. Gold or items. Its just that when you use henchmen, they get items too, they just don't show up.

So Between the two of us, we clear the desert and fill our stashes and pocket books in half an hour. I much prefer spliting gold 2 ways than 8.

Looking for a suggestion/help. I just finished ashes and most of the quests in Piken. Anyone where a good place to go is after that. I'm lvl 11 Ele/Mes. If anyone wants to party up, and is around the same point, msg me at "Cloud Dead." I changed my original name :).

[quote name='jam3582']how many people can bein the guild ?[/QUOTE]

I think 100. Don't worry, we've got plenty of space.

I'm gonna catch up to you one day, Kayden! ;)

If you don't want a really hard fight, leave the dragon eggs alone... if you do want a really hard fight, bring an interupting attack.

After gaining 15 levels as a Mesmer for my main character, I'd have to advise most people AGAINST picking mesmer as their main profession. Fast cast is pretty much useless for PvE. I do like the Mesmer's skils ALOT, just not as my primary profession. I think I made a mistake making my Me/N character for PvE. N/Me would have been a much better idea. On the plus side though, this character should be really good for PvP though. It should be able to use interupts and energy stealing to shut down monks and casters.

Level 11 with my Hammer Warrior, and I must say he sucks... even with the exclusive item and tons of runes/+20 health things. I think its because I can't find ANY hammer skills. I just made it to the Shiverpeaks and the only hammer skills I have are Mighty Blow, which is useless, and some skill that knocks down an enemy at the cost of all my adreneline. I have an ass-load of axe skills and quite a few sword skills, but the hammer just doesn't seem to be worth it. I advise against a hammer warrior.

Level 6 now with my Elementalist. I'm considering something crazy like Elementalist/Warrior for this character. I'm not too sure though...Have to look it over. I was gonna be E/Me, but there's too many E/Me. And I refuse to be anything with a necromancer...

[quote name='crystalklear64']Level 11 with my Hammer Warrior, and I must say he sucks... even with the exclusive item and tons of runes/+20 health things. I think its because I can't find ANY hammer skills. I just made it to the Shiverpeaks and the only hammer skills I have are Mighty Blow, which is useless, and some skill that knocks down an enemy at the cost of all my adreneline. I have an ass-load of axe skills and quite a few sword skills, but the hammer just doesn't seem to be worth it. I advise against a hammer warrior.[/QUOTE]

Truth be told, I would advise the opposite: hammer Warriors are great. My hammer Wa/Mo is insanely strong... I rarely die, I usually deal the most damage in my party, and I am a great tank. I can see where crystal is coming from, as there are few good Hammer skills early in the game. I myself have no "Hammer Mastery" skills. I use Strength skills, like Power Attack and Wild Blow. Those skills have no limitation to weapon types (excluding projectiles), and they're powerful all the same.

Just a question... Does it get easier or harder to gain levels later in the game?... Right now Im at 12 and I have been aiming to a gain a level per night. I only play about an hour or an hour and a half on weeknights. Is it plausible?

[quote name='clockworkvictim']Just a question... Does it get easier or harder to gain levels later in the game?... Right now Im at 12 and I have been aiming to a gain a level per night. I only play about an hour or an hour and a half on weeknights. Is it plausible?[/QUOTE]

It depends. Questing certainly gets harder later on, which might make it harder to gain EXP (since questing is such a large portion of gaining EXP). However, if you prefer to hunt monsters, then things should be fine.

I personally think it's harder to level on later, but once you reach 20 you're fine.

[quote name='Moxio']It depends. Questing certainly gets harder later on, which might make it harder to gain EXP (since questing is such a large portion of gaining EXP). However, if you prefer to hunt monsters, then things should be fine.

I personally think it's harder to level on later, but once you reach 20 you're fine.[/QUOTE]

8 more levels... 1/2 hour more HW and then I'm playing :). Hopefully get near lvl 13 tonight.

Could someone be so kind as to give me a price check on this stuff? I AM NOT SELLING ANY OF IT RIGHT NOW. I just want to get an idea of what this stuff is worth.

GOLD's

Icy War Hamer
Cold Dmg 16-29
Damage + 19% while Hexed
2-handed
Requires 10 Hamer Mastery

Scroll
Energy +12
Armor +5 whiled enchanted
Health +37 while Hexed
Requires 9 Earth Magic

Defensive Smiting Staff of Fortitude