The Red, Spiky Hair OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some bikes in my garage that my stepdad and his deceased wife used to ride. They probably aren't any good, but I'm tempted to take one of them out for a spin with all this bike riding talk.

[quote name='darthbudge']Hey Liquid, you might check out a shop called FreeWheelin' it is near UT's campus and has great people working there. That is where I got my bike at.[/QUOTE]

I'll check it out; thanks. :)

[quote name='Liquid 2']I'll check it out; thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

Any shop you go to in Austin (except the one on Barton Springs next to Sandys, those dudes are ASSHOLES) is a pretty safe bet.

That said, I've always been partial to Tsunami Cycles. I knew the owner when the shop was on my street, and he is a very nice, knowledgeable, down to earth guy. They are located on Congress now, next to the ME station.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Any shop you go to in Austin (except the one on Barton Springs next to Sandys, those dudes are ASSHOLES) is a pretty safe bet.

That said, I've always been partial to Tsunami Cycles. I knew the owner when the shop was on my street, and he is a very nice, knowledgeable, down to earth guy. They are located on Congress now, next to the ME station.[/QUOTE]
Cool. I'll look into them also.

I'm probably going to be going from store to store to check things out as much as possible, but recommendations are always nice.

There's one bike shop on 24th that I pass everyday, Liquid. It looks big, nice, and local. You might want to check there. Now that I think about it, there's actually two. The one I'm referring too is on a corner.

Finally started watching Neon Genesis Platinum. :cool:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Why does Commander Shepard look like Tom Brady taking a massive dump?[/QUOTE]

You started it? :whee:

[quote name='Chika']hi ott[/QUOTE]

Oh hai

[quote name='darthbudge']This student loan stuff is making my head spin.[/QUOTE]

I'm a year out of high school, it's even worse for me.

Especially since I haven't started putting in applications... :bomb:

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'm a year out of high school, it's even worse for me.

Especially since I haven't started putting in applications... :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I need to start putting in applications, but I am not sure where to start.

I can get about 50% of the total cost paid for with federal loans, but I need to get a separate loan for the rest of it. Well every bank and credit union has there own little loan deals and I don't know which one is the best. Plus, I am pretty sure I will need a cosigner, but my parents have horrible credit. So I kind of need to find someone else...

EDIT: Woah, you don't have any loans Liquid?

Did you get a bunch of scholarships or something?

My student loans were actually really simple to apply for and get. I had about $3,000 in tuition, with some grants and some loans. I signed two things, they paid my tuition and sent me a check for the remainder. It was also my first loan.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Don't you dare f_ck anyone over if they agree to cosign for you, budge.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't.

I would prefer to not have a cosigner, however since I am 16/17 and I have no work experience or income, I think I will be forced to have one.

Even if you could get one, they encourage students to get a cosigner in case they either need some help or just to get a lower interest rate.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']You're 16 and 17?[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Well, I meant that I am 16 now, but I will be 17 by the time classes start.

[quote name='darthbudge']EDIT: Woah, you don't have any loans Liquid?

Did you get a bunch of scholarships or something?[/QUOTE]Nope; the 'rents get fall/spring tuition, and I get housing and leisure items. But working to pay for housing and leisure keeps me out of the lab and gives me way less time to study. My schedule is gonna be super tight this coming fall, and I may have to drop the lab position entirely because of my courseload (which isn't as bad as it sounds, since I kinda hate one of the grad students there because she's stupid bitch, and because getting into labs isn't super tough).

[quote name='Eviltude']Damn, Liquid. Bad experience?[/QUOTE]No; it's just a super, super shitty thing to do to someone.

[quote name='darthbudge']I wouldn't.

I would prefer to not have a cosigner, however since I am 16/17 and I have no work experience or income, I think I will be forced to have one. [/QUOTE]Just make sure you know what you're getting into.

[quote name='Moxio']Yo Liquid, cancel your plans and play some CoD. :cool:[/QUOTE]
That depends on if I can get a hold of my boss or not, since that'll affect my plans.

If not tonight, tomorrow night is pretty likely.

[quote name='Liquid 2']That depends on if I can get a hold of my boss or not, since that'll affect my plans.

If not tonight, tomorrow night is pretty likely.[/QUOTE]fuck. I just realized (after typing this) that today is Memorial Day, so my boss didn't get the phone message I left him. #-o
I hope he won't be too pissed when I call his house. :/

[quote name='Mojimbo']So Fox cancelled KOTH and made their animation block 75% shitty Family Guy shows. :0([/QUOTE]

Yeah. :|

I kinda want to give Mike Judge's new show a chance, but I'm pretty wary after seeing a trailer for it.

Pixie: "Have you ever seen Verne Troyer dressed a bear?"
Me: "...no."
Pixie: "Well...I have!"
verneteddy1.jpg

Me: "..."
Pixie, still laughing: "Isn't that funniest thing?"
Me: "I think it's kinda sad, actually. Look at his face; this is a grown man we're talking about. Other celebrities like George Clooney get to fuck anything they want. Cruel fate has led him to situations like this. I...I actually feel bad for him."
Pixie: "After all these years, did I finally find that one thing that broke through that cold, asshole exterior of yours?"
Me: "Granted, it is a rather funny pic..."

Yes...I know it's from months ago...Pixie just found it and showed the picture to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back