The Santa's Slay Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']I could see moving DeMott useful as a PR move, at least short term. Plus I think I'd rather be trained to work by someone who is athletic and still in shape. Gunn's no ring master, but I bet he knows how to motivate people without stripping them naked and jamming donuts in their assholes. So that's a step in the right direction.[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? I mean, Billy Gunn IS an ass man *bewp bewp*

As long as Billy's not in charge of cutting promos... or in-ring psychology... or cardio...

Random question:

As wrestling fans, what would you guys think of a wrestling game, with an over-the-top storyline, containing drug use as power ups?

[quote name='Brak']Random question:

As wrestling fans, what would you guys think of a wrestling game, with an over-the-top storyline, containing drug use as power ups?[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of that cop game Narc for PS2/XBOX

Snorting three lines of coke adds a temporary +10 to stamina, +10 to speech and -15 to intelligence.

As wrestling fans, what would you guys think of a wrestling game, with an over-the-top storyline, containing drug use as power ups?[/QUOTE]

So basically you are talking about a video game adaptation of The Wrestler?

Not sure. I don't think the topic is too taboo, but I'm struggling to think about this as a fun wrestling game. What you're suggesting places it more in the RPG/SRPG realm, and that takes away from being able to visualize it as a fun game IMO.

[quote name='davo1224']Dafuq?

It was Hugh G, seeing as he was Hugh Morrus.[/QUOTE]

I'm proud to say I didn't know the difference.

As wrestling fans, what would you guys think of a wrestling game, with an over-the-top storyline, containing drug use as power ups?[/QUOTE]Smackdown: The League?

"King Kong Bundy (‏@RealKKBundy)
Sounds like someone listened to the #Bundyholics regarding my Hall of Fame. Huge announcement tomorrow night #FIVE "

So... there you go.

El Generico said his farewell to the indies last night by teaming with Kevin Steen one last time to compete in the DDT4 tournament, advancing to the finals to lose to The Young Bucks. Big streamer moment for Generico, locker room emptied, and he said he was headed back to Mexico to help the orphans.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. He's a fantastic worker and I can't wait to see him on the next level.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']People actually want him in the HoF?[/QUOTE]

Who else could demand a five count?

King_Kong_Bundy.3.jpg

[quote name='Erad30']You obviously don't watch NXT, Big E Langston always demands a five count.[/QUOTE]

The first part applies to just about everyone on the planet.

Bundy can be imitated but never duplicated.

[quote name='mykevermin']Keep the merch mover on top. Makes sense, whether I like it or not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah,
while I have never been a fan of either Hardy, it makes sense to keep the tite around his waist. WWE has many cash cows to milk, whereas TNA has a lot less. More surprising: Them putting Daniels over Storm. Semi-cheap win or not.

Reading more of the results. While I may not like the champions, I like how they're letting their champions build a legacy with their respective titles. Van Dam may be way past his prime, but he's credible. I think Daniels and Kazarian should have been the ones to build a legacy around the tag titles, but Chavo does have more name value. He and Hernandez: Very awkward team, tho.

And just to touch on York: Dude must hammer the PEDs.

Yeah, isn't Eve basically the entire Divas division at this point? Or, at least, the only one they've given even the basest amount of credibility to?

Did something happen, or was her push of the last few months them trying to keep her around? I mean, honestly, AJ and Vicki are the highest profile women in the company, but Eve was their 'wrestling' Diva. After the departures of the past year, I couldn't even name more than 3 women 'wrestlers' that are still employed. Might be time to just shit-can the belt, honestly.

[quote name='007']Might be time to just shit-can the belt, honestly.[/QUOTE]

Intelligent choice, not the double-double-ee-universe choice.

[quote name='007']Yeah, isn't Eve basically the entire Divas division at this point? Or, at least, the only one they've given even the basest amount of credibility to?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, basically. That division is in pretty bad shape when they give one of Brodus Clay's dancers the title shot at their last PPV.

I think Layla, Tamina, Natalya, Kaitlyn, AJ, Rosa & Brodus Clay's dancers are the only divas they have left.

At this point, just let the belt go away. Otherwise, it's going to be treated as a joke like they did the Cruiserweight title before they finally ended it(where Hornswoggle was the champ).

[quote name='no_chocobo']I think that Claudio wants to do actual wrestling than carrying a guy with 5 moves like cena or ryback. From the little bit i got to know him working indy shows he was on a few years ago, he seems more interested in working good matches as opposed to working crappy high profile ones.

Fun fact: On top of everything else, I'm an ex pro wrestler too :p[/QUOTE]

I think Ryback is slowly getting better but I completely understand where you and him are coming from.

It wasn't until I saw Cesaro facing Sheamus on an episode of Raw where I truly started to appreciate the guy. Up until that point, Cesaro's opponents were small and quick so to see Antonio fight someone more his size and take bumps instead of being the dominant fighter was a nice change of pace.

I even mentioned this in the chatroom (Whatever happen to those?)

[quote name='Scorch']It's the 20th anniversary show, maybe they'll call in Trish or Lita to show up, win the title, then "retire" it.[/QUOTE]

But they announced earlier in the week (on TV as well) Eve was defending against Kaitlyn on RAW.

Doesn't mean someone won't take her out.

[quote name='Scorch']So.. she's dropping the title tonight to.. who? Who's even active in the Divas division?

Tamina? Layla?[/QUOTE]

Kaitlyn, apparently.

[quote name='Tsel']So Eve's leaving WWE immediately. Shocker.[/QUOTE]

It's really sad to see what's happened to the Women's Division in WWE over the years. When you go from ladies like Lita and Trish holding the belt and putting on great matches to burying and releasing Beth Phoenix and farting Natalya, that's just an act of sheer sabotage.

I think it sounds rather realistic.:lol:

Eh, I think that's a slightly rose-tinted memory. That era gets a pass because they sort of let some talented women have actual matches and storylines, but it was also the era of puppies, the TIT, PMS, bikini contests, and bizarre degrading gimmick matches. As a whole, the offensive stuff sort of outweighs the good, but... well, let's be fair... WWE doesn't talk about anyone but Trish and Lita. Look at WWE 13. Look at all the 'special' episodes of Raw. If you're a women not named Trish, Lita, or Sunny, you basically never existed. Well, unless you're purely 'old sexual comic relief' like Mae Young, in which case you exist AND still get used.

Once WWE stopped being able to sexualize their women outright, I think interest in booking the division just stopped. It's like WWE's view of women and the PG rating are just totally incompatible. Even with a decently talented roster (Beth, Natalya, Tamina, Gail Kim, Awesome Kong) they just froze. So, yeah, I have to believe it's just completely apathy at this point. They can't sell them as T&A, so they have no interest in selling them at all. That's my take-away, at least.

I don't know... maybe it'd be different if Kong stayed around. I'd guess the sheer force of HHH's ego was the only thing that could've resurrected the Divas division, but that's obviously over.

[quote name='mykevermin']Hornswoggle will win it tonight.[/QUOTE]In a nod to Harvey Whippleman, it'll actually be the cross-dressing "Hornswoggirle" that gets the Divas strap tonight.

I think the best way for them do handle Eve leaving is to "dig up" and old fan favorite from the past and let them win it and then either drop it to a newer star for the rub or just end the Divas all together as well. My pick for them to "dig up" would be
Katie Vick!

[quote name='JJSP']Can we bring back Kharma now?[/QUOTE]

Her interview on Cabana's AoW podcast a few weeks ago was pretty solid; I never pegged her for your typical ultra sassy "aw hell naw" black girl, but she certainly lets that side of her through in the interview. That's what I like about Cabana's podcast; it humanizes the wrestlers in pretty significant ways.

I almost don't want her back right now, though. WWE has done so much to harm the women's division that bringing her in won't turn around the severe dearth of any wrestling talent whatsoever; and beyond that, WWE deserves to be stuck with a modest selection of the clumsy dimwitted bikini models they currently have. De-emphasizing their wrestlers being able to *wrestle* drove away a number of talented women over the past few years, and they deserve to suffer as a result of their overemphasis on tits and ass instead of in-ring talent.

Think of it this way: WWE's women's division is so bad that Kelly Kelly and Maria Kanellis are "seasoned veterans" by today's standard.

Also, Kelly Kelly is hands down one of the worst women's wrestlers I've ever seen.

Lastly, if I were WWE I'd be on the phone to Angel Williams stat. She really grew and improved in TNA. Hotshotting the belt onto, say, Lita won't do much for WWE long term.

I always thought that T&A was 90% of the reason for the Divas existing in the first place. They've never seemed overly concerned with how well they can wrestle IMO.

Yes and no - certainly all "Sooperstars™" pass some kind of looks test, for the most part. Big, beefy, super muscular dudes that get Vince McMahon all hard will get a million chances, while El Generico and Kassius Ohno probably will not.

So I wouldn't single out female wrestlers as being subject to beauty standards. Most wrestlers are.

I constantly hear all this talk about how great Lita was and all I remember her was being out of control in the ring, getting hurt and/or nearly hurting herself or her opponents. What is this revisionist history you all speak of?

[quote name='Cage017']So they scroll tweets from superstars and they cut Zack Ryder's halfway. Poor guy.[/QUOTE]

That shit's gotta be on purpose.

It wasn't cut off halfway. He said "the internet champion isn't on Raw, but Dr. Shelby is." It was the last one shown and they faded it quickly though, so I definitely agree that it was done to needle him.

[quote name='mitch079']I constantly hear all this talk about how great Lita was and all I remember her was being out of control in the ring, getting hurt and/or nearly hurting herself or her opponents. What is this revisionist history you all speak of?[/QUOTE]

A frieno once said Lita in the ring looks like a cat being hit by a car, and I've yet to see a more accurate description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back