The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']If you guys want Drakensang on Steam in the non-US region I would highly suggest voting for it on Greenlight.

It's idiotic that Valve made them do that for a game already on Steam, but they are weird about giving the cold shoulder to publishers they don't have a history with.[/QUOTE]
Done and done. I have it from the GG pack a while back but I'll help it along. I never go on Greenlight these days and I'm sure a lot of other people are the same so I feel bad for the games trying to get through there now.

[quote name='Broken Cage']I haven't seen one, and the bundle for $13.00 is a pretty good deal. You're talking like $4.33 a game. (Repeating, of course.) I'd argue they're worth it if you don't want to wait til summer.[/QUOTE]

yeah if they were 75% off it would only be $5 for the pack
but i would assume that if they WERE a flash or daily (in a future sale) it would only be 50% off since its only at 35% off right now

My last minute grab:
Daedalic bundle
Freedom Force: Freedom pack (stupid community vote)
eXceed collection
Blades of Time (don't know why I'm getting this, reviews were rather dismal, but users here seem to like it so I wanted to give it a shot).

I was debating on Defender's Quest (thanks Motoki) and Tropico 4 + Modern Times for a while. I think since Tropico 4 Gold is already out on retail, I'll just wait til that gets on Steam and gets the inevitable 75% discount :)

So i'm guessing this is the last chance to pick up anything that is a "Big name game" that will be on repeat? Just those will go back on sale and everything else will be back to normal?
[quote name='imac2much']My last minute grab:
Daedalic bundle
Freedom Force: Freedom pack (stupid community vote)
eXceed collection
Blades of Time (don't know why I'm getting this, reviews were rather dismal, but users here seem to like it so I wanted to give it a shot).

I was debating on Defender's Quest (thanks Motoki) and Tropico 4 + Modern Times for a while. I think since Tropico 4 Gold is already out on retail, I'll just wait til that gets on Steam and gets the inevitable 75% discount :)[/QUOTE]

I've heard mixed things about BoT. it looks good to me. And a few people have said as much(that it's good) so just go in with an open mind I say.

[quote name='Motoki']If you guys want Drakensang on Steam in the non-US region I would highly suggest voting for it on Greenlight.[/QUOTE]
Already have. I did so (without knowing the situation) during one of my vote-for-everything-on-Greenlight sessions.

[quote name='Motoki'] It's idiotic that Valve made them do that for a game already on Steam, but they are weird about giving the cold shoulder to publishers they don't have a history with.[/QUOTE]
Indeed.

Woke up to still not having an Evochron Mercenary key.

Sad part is that the keys are there but Valve has their thumbs up their asses and hasn't pushed them yet. So dumb.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I got Blades of Time this sale as well.[/QUOTE]

as did i
(got it on amazon with an editor's choice coupon though)

Alright, you knew/feared that it was coming. It's "post your haul" time.

[customspoiler=Steam]
Act of War: Direct Action
Act of War: High Treason
Age of Wonders Trilogy Pack
Archon: Classic
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
Call of Duty: War Chest
Chantelise - A Tale of Two Sisters
Cyan Complete Pack
Dark Sector
Dead Rising 2 Complete Pack
Dawn of War Franchise Pack
Earthworm Jim Collection
Farm Frenzy pack
Fortune Summoners
Frozen Synapse: Red DLC
Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition
Governor of Poker 2 - Premium Edition
Ignite
Kohan Warchest
Last Day of Work Complete Pack
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
Lucidity
Mafia II DLC: Betrayal of Jimmy
Nexus - The Jupiter Incident
Ninja Blade
NovaLogic Everything Pack
Resident Evil 5
Sacrifice
Sherlock Holmes & The Hound of The Baskervilles
Sims Medieval
Sims Medieval: Pirates & Nobles
Starscape
TellTale Collection
Thrillville: Off the Rails
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Complete Pack
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Gold
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction Insurgency Pack
Winter Voices + Episodes

Total spent - $206.98
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=GamersGate]
Behesda Bundle
Borderlands 2 seasom pass
Alan Wake CE

Total spent - $11.65 (after selling some of the spare Bethesda keys)
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Amazon]
Darksiders 2 DLC - Deadly Despair
Darksiders 2 DLC - Van der Schmash Hammer
Darksiders Franchise Pack
Tantalizing THQ Medley
R.U.S.E.
Hotline Miami - X2

Total spent - $18.81
[/customspoiler]

[quote name='tham1988']as did i
(got it on amazon with an editor's choice coupon though)[/QUOTE]
How'd you do that. It doesn't get the EC coupon discount.

[quote name='MrBonk']How'd you do that. It doesn't get the EC coupon discount.[/QUOTE]

I think the meaning is that it was bought while it included a promo credit to use on the EC list.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Woke up to still not having an Evochron Mercenary key.

Sad part is that the keys are there but Valve has their thumbs up their asses and hasn't pushed them yet. So dumb.[/QUOTE]

I came oh so close to pulling the trigger on Evochron Mercenary. In the end, I passed on it because I want to wait until there is a base price drop before I buy. With all this hubbub over the keys though, I'm glad cheapness made me wait.

Good luck. Hopefully it doesn't turn into another Sacred 2 situation on you.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I think the meaning is that it was bought while it included a promo credit to use on the EC list.[/QUOTE]
Ah that makes sense.

Also just a repeat: "So i'm guessing this is the last chance to pick up anything that is a "Big name game" that will be on repeat? Just those will go back on sale and everything else will be back to normal?"

Sorry if it has been asked. I don't read every post. (TOO MANY PAGES D:)

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Wow...just searching for something interesting to buy on the last day, I came across this!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/94300/?snr=1_200_200_251_tab-NewReleasesFilteredDLC_7

The Dream Machine! It's a point-and-click adventure game that brings so many awesome memories of The Neverhood back in the day. The best buy seems to be all 5 Chapters for $5.99...note only Chapters 1-3 are currently released.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, but already bundle material. Might keep my eye on it...

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Wow...just searching for something interesting to buy on the last day, I came across this!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/94300/?snr=1_200_200_251_tab-NewReleasesFilteredDLC_7

The Dream Machine! It's a point-and-click adventure game that brings so many awesome memories of The Neverhood back in the day. The best buy seems to be all 5 Chapters for $5.99...note only Chapters 1-3 are currently released.[/QUOTE]

I started it with my girlfriend who rarely plays games. She wouldn't let me get up until we finished and was insanely disappointed when we hit the end of episode 3 and I explained that episode 4 wouldn't come out for awhile. I wasn't quite as enamored with it, but I did like it. That is a warning for others. The release schedule is quite far apart due to the animation style.

Also, is the Witcher 2 worth it at $7.50? I have a big backlog so I won't get to it right away, could wait if needed.

[quote name='tham1988']supposedly YES
that is what i bought and am under the impression i have everything[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks!

[quote name='The End']I came oh so close to pulling the trigger on Evochron Mercenary. In the end, I passed on it because I'm want to wait until there is a base price drop before I buy. With all this hubbub over the keys though, I'm glad cheapness made me wait.

Good luck. Hopefully it doesn't turn into another Sacred 2 situation on you.[/QUOTE]

The developer has been great about it and is even handing out keys for the direct download version from their website. (I'm sure that their internal keys cost them nothing but I don't want to take from them over Valve's screw-up kinda thing)

[quote name='forthenguyen']Also, is the Witcher 2 worth it at $7.50? I have a big backlog so I won't get to it right away, could wait if needed.[/QUOTE]

definitely worth it
deserves to be moved up the backlog

[quote name='forthenguyen']Also, is the Witcher 2 worth it at $7.50? I have a big backlog so I won't get to it right away, could wait if needed.

Alright, thanks![/QUOTE]
Considering the age of the first one and it goes on sale for 2.50$. You may be able to wait for a larger discount. Though Personally I felt that 7.50$ was a great price and I bought it at that price directly through GOG a week ago or so.

[quote name='TheKbob']I wanna play World in Conflict... does anyone think it will ever get cheaper? I don't think I have ever seen it at $5.[/QUOTE]
For what it's worth I bought it at it's current price during the summer sale and had a blast with it. Put 20 hours into it and it was worth every penny to me.

[quote name='MrBonk']Considering the age of the first one and it goes on sale for 2.50$. You may be able to wait for a larger discount. Though Personally I felt that 7.50$ was a great price and I bought it at that price directly through GOG a week ago or so.[/QUOTE]

a big reason for the huge discount on the first is the fact that there is a second
and it will likely be a LONG time until witcher 3

[quote name='The End']Alright, you knew/feared that it was coming. It's "post your haul" time.[/QUOTE]
Steam
Dawn of War Franchise Pack - $9.99
Painkiller: Hell & Damnation - $4.99
Race 07 - $0.89

Amazon
Scribblenauts Unlimited - $7.49
Lord of the Rings: War in the North - $4.99
I Am Alive - $4.74
Blacklight: Tango Down - $1.24
Hotline Miami - $2.50

GreenManGaming
Devil May Cry 4 - $4.76
Mechromancer BL2 DLC - $3? 4? I don't recall.

GamersGate
Borderlands 2 - $15
Torchlight 2 - $7.50
Risen 2 - $6.65
BL2 Season Pass - $5
Dead Island GOTY - $3
Splinter Cell: Conviction - $2
Patrician IV - $1.25
(Prices are what I paid 'cash' in addition to blue coins from previous rewards)
Doesn't count the Bethesda/BL2 4-Pack/GR:FW fiascos

Gifts Given To Me
Skyrim: Dawnguard
Legend of Grimrock
Doom Rails
Krater

I'm not going to bother doing the math on it. There's also some incidental $1-$2.50 purchases I made while randomly gifting people cheap stuff off their Steam wishlists that I didn't bother to track.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Today is the last day? I didn't even buy one thing! I got a Shank 2 code from humble bundle off someone, that's it.[/QUOTE]

Yes it's the last day, well really last hour now.

There will be a 'best of' sale today and tomorrow but no one is exactly sure which games will be on it so if you aren't sure, or want something that wasn't a flash or daily you better get it ASAP.

Anyone have any thoughts on cladun x2?

I've wanted it since it released on steam, but the lowest its been is 11.99.

Is the game good? worth $12?

[quote name='n0id']Anyone have any thoughts on cladun x2?

I've wanted it since it released on steam, but the lowest its been is 11.99.

Is the game good? worth $12?[/QUOTE]
Good game. They are overcharging though. On sale it should really be ~6$ at the most IMO. Though considering regular Japanese prices for games in general. They probably think 12$ is a GREAT deal! /sarcasm.

You guys basically DDoSed Jakenome

[quote name='JakeNome']NO ONE PM PM PLEASE.
Im not taking any more orders.
I gotta fulfill all the current orders first.
If I didnt respond to your pm, sorry. It means I cant take your order yet.[/QUOTE]

So much for those Strategy First and Simulation Gaming packs for me. Not like I need MOAR GAMZ anyway. :p

Purchased it awhile back.

Haven't finished it yet, but what I've played I've enjoyed.

Enjoy the creepy atmosphere...

[quote name='MrBonk']Good game. They are overcharging though. On sale it should really be ~6$ at the most IMO. Though considering regular Japanese prices for games in general. They probably think 12$ is a GREAT deal! /sarcasm.[/QUOTE]

From the Steam community Forum

[quote name='12d3']Why is this game 20 bucks?[/quote]

They misplaced a decimal.

:rofl:

Well, since sale is about to end I just did my last minute purchases and here's my haul:

Coconut Queen (just had to...)
Dead Pixels
Hack, Slash, Loot
NBA 2K13
From Dust
Castle Crashers
The Sims Medieval
A Valley Without Wind
Dynamite Jack
Stealth Bastard Deluxe
Civilizations V Gods and Kings
Thirty Flights of Loving
FTL: Faster Than Light Retail
Devil May Cry 4 comp
Football Manager 2013
Tropico 4
Tropico 4: Modern Times
Borderlands 2 Game and Mechromancer Pack DLC WW
Spec Ops: The Line
LEGO Lord of the Rings Retail
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
XCOM: Enemy Unknown WorldWide
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin

I wasn't planning on spending any money D:

Still thinking about Thomas was Alone and probably going to bite on TWD on amazon, but yeah, I need this spending to be over, no idea when I'm gonna play all this

Haha. Oh no. Poor guy.

BTW - which game was it in the Strategy First pack that was compared to Animal Crossing?

[quote name='MrBonk']Good game. They are overcharging though. On sale it should really be ~6$ at the most IMO. Though considering regular Japanese prices for games in general. They probably think 12$ is a GREAT deal! /sarcasm.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']Haha. Oh no. Poor guy.

BTW - which game was it in the Strategy First pack that was compared to Animal Crossing?[/QUOTE]

Wandering Willows.

[quote name='jkimrey']Haha. Oh no. Poor guy.

BTW - which game was it in the Strategy First pack that was compared to Animal Crossing?[/QUOTE]

Wandering Willows. That's 80% of the reason why I want that pack. It's $15 and never goes on sale. :p

Holiday Haul:

STEAM
World in Conflict
Penny Arcades' On the Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
Dfender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten
Mark of the Ninja
Hotline Miami
You Need a Budget 4 (yes, thanks Steam)

GMG
The Book of Unwritten Tales
Civ V God's & Kings

Total: $78.98 ($33.98 on games)

Last minute question - Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection is 50% off at $9.99 for five games. Are they worth the price? Has the pack been cheaper?

Pack has been cheaper I think. But for the Price, HOLY SHIT YES. The games are worth it IMO.

Jedi Knight II alone is worth 10$ (to me at least)

Just so you know though, Dark Forces II doesn't include the redbook audio in the steam version(Typical of older game releases) there is a thread that has a download for the CD images on the steam forums for it. So if you get it, make sure to get those CD images.

My last Steam purchases:
Thief™ Gold
|
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
|
Dark Void™
|
Red Faction II

[quote name='Palinn']Last minute question - Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection is 50% off at $9.99 for five games. Are they worth the price? Has the pack been cheaper?[/QUOTE]

They are a little older graphicswise, but the Jedi Academy games are great. Dark Forces is one I would personally skip because it hasn't fared well. Outcast and Academy are top-notch for their age though. I picked it up for $10 a couple sales ago and it is well worth it. That said, I believe it was 75% off last winter sale.

[quote name='Palinn']Last minute question - Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection is 50% off at $9.99 for five games. Are they worth the price? Has the pack been cheaper?[/QUOTE]

It looks like Star Wars (LucasArts) in general went to 75% off during last years winter sale. I just picked up The Force Unleashed at 50% off however, as I don't have a warm and fuzzy about Disney dropping the prices anytime soon. (Let alone keeping them on Steam.)

[quote name='fortunado']Just installed this ... man, Steam could really benefit from implementing some of these features.[/QUOTE]

With such a dedicated community I'd love to see a plugin API for the Steam client. I can envision all sorts of great features. Like this, a database of save locations so you could right click and sync with dropbox/skydrive/etc for non-cloud enabled games, notifications when a game you own gets new DLC, highlighting games in your wishlist in a common color if they belong to the same publisher/indie pack, etc.

[quote name='Khamous']Well, since sale is about to end I just did my last minute purchases and here's my haul:
A Valley Without Wind
[/QUOTE]
Dammit, knew there was a 4-pack I forgot to get in on. One more purchase! (I think that's the Sale equivalent of One more turn)
[quote name='TheKbob']Holiday Haul:

STEAM
You Need a Budget 4 (yes, thanks Steam)
[/QUOTE]
Good man, I feel better not being the only one that picked this up.

i can't get that steam sales site to work (i tried the replacing the numbers in the url thing)
can someone check the sale history for brothers in arms hells highway/ the brothers in arms collection for me please?

The Gaming Gods are firing back at me. After buying loads and loads of games I finally set aside some time this weekend to get started on all of them. So I wake up, realize I'm 5 hours away from the 1st playoff game so I got really excited to play Hitman Absolution, so I turn on the computer and...

Computer fails out of no where, power supply is broken.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back