The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Genocidal']I appreciate whatever mod it was that came in and hamfistedly "cleaned up" the thread by deleting discussion about game collections, as well as a few deals, but leaving all of the pictures of beer. What the fuck?[/QUOTE]

From skimming, it seems that every single post related to alphabetical games collecting has been disappeared. I guess from now on we should not name games at all -- I hope pictures of game boxes are okay. Otherwise it'll be, "ooh GMG has a running and jumping game on sale." Or maybe with anagrams of game names we'll be able to fly under the radar. :lol:

[quote name='Motoki']They've actually been re-purposing it a bit for Windows 8. I bought 4 Elements II when it was on sale on the Windows 8 app store and that logs into your GFWL/Xbox account and has XBox achievements.[/QUOTE]

I expect the achievements/multiplayer backend stuff will remain as it's probably pretty closely related to the xbox side of things, but as a distribution platform it's dead. I wouldn't be surprised if the games I own eventually become part of the Windows 8 store, but I'd much rather have Steam codes.

[quote name='louiedog']I expect the achievements/multiplayer backend stuff will remain as it's probably pretty closely related to the xbox side of things, but as a distribution platform it's dead. I wouldn't be surprised if the games I own eventually become part of the Windows 8 store, but I'd much rather have Steam codes.[/QUOTE]

That's another thing. The Windows 8 apps do pick up GFWL games in the list. They call them 'desktop apps' :p.

My AOE III, Fable I & III etc all come up in the same list with my Win 8 app games.

[quote name='asheskitty']From skimming, it seems that every single post related to alphabetical games collecting has been disappeared. I guess from now on we should not name games at all -- I hope pictures of game boxes are okay. Otherwise it'll be, "ooh GMG has a running and jumping game on sale." Or maybe with anagrams of game names we'll be able to fly under the radar. :lol:[/QUOTE]

We also lost the handful of posts relating to the GameFly sale, which is sort of crazy.

That we lost those posts. Not the sale. The sale is unexciting.

[quote name='Eldredpe']We also lost the handful of posts relating to the GameFly sale, which is sort of crazy.

That we lost those posts. Not the sale. The sale is unexciting.[/QUOTE]

Right! Okay, so no more "on sale" talk in the Steam Deals thread either...
My Steam's "Daily Deal Disappointment" post it still up though. Maybe I should delete it.

[quote name='Motoki']That's another thing. The Windows 8 apps do pick up GFWL games in the list. They call them 'desktop apps' :p.

My AOE III, Fable I & III etc all come up in the same list with my Win 8 app games.[/QUOTE]

That surprised me, because I didn't remember seeing them there when I checked before. So I went to my apps and watched the loading symbol spin for 4 minutes and remembered that I was never able to view the list.

So what exactly did I miss between the beer pics and "A is for aardvark" talk? Was there an announcement on the interwebz about GWfL?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']To be fair, most of those gamefly games were Origin.[/QUOTE]

True, but we don't have a Gamefly or Origin thread, and I see no reason to start one. Oooh, maybe Gaben strongarmed CheapyD that if he wanted the CAG Steam group back he'd have to violently suppress all talk of Origin games on the CAG forums.

[quote name='Genocidal']We should start a new Steam thread every time they have a sale. It's only fair.[/QUOTE]

The sales have sucked lately, but that actually would probably make more people aware of the good sales when they happen.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The sales have sucked lately, but that actually would probably make more people aware of the good sales when they happen.[/QUOTE]

But then they'll run out of stock!

[quote name='louiedog']That surprised me, because I didn't remember seeing them there when I checked before. So I went to my apps and watched the loading symbol spin for 4 minutes and remembered that I was never able to view the list.[/QUOTE]

This is what it looks like, except it's normally not that blurry. I did a snapshot of my phone on virtual desktop to my PC.

screenshot2013030711095.png

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Well, Angry Birds finally made it to Steam. Hopefully it's a prelude to the Steam App store.

...not[/QUOTE]

I think I will have to buy it quickly just to have the honor of owning a game that you do not own, even if it's only for 5 minutes.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The sales have sucked lately, but that actually would probably make more people aware of the good sales when they happen.[/QUOTE]

am i the only one who picked up civ V golden edition? 12.49 was too good to pass up.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']CheapyD actually starts a new Gamefly thread every time they have a sale: [/QUOTE]

I cannot be arsed to look for new threads all the time. If it's not on my thread subscriptions I don't see (I don't even hit the FP.) Also those sales are usually short and weak.

[quote name='Genocidal']We should start a new Steam thread every time they have a sale. It's only fair.[/QUOTE]

Mmm, new thread smell every single day. Do you think it'd get old?

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']am i the only one who picked up civ V golden edition? 12.49 was too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]

Probably, most of us owned the non-golden version but had all the DLCs.

[NerdRage]There is no Civ 5 Golden Ed. There's a Civ 5 Gold Ed.[/NerdRage]

Meh, I paid $4 for Civ 5 (Jan 2012) and $3.15 (Dec 2012) for G&K. I still feel like I'm ahead.

[quote name='Motoki']Civ 5 Golden Edition sounds like an expansion where Caligula throws parties.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely not Nero. He's playing his fiddle while SimCity burns.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']am i the only one who picked up civ V golden edition? 12.49 was too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the Complete edition. There's bound to be another expansion so I'm fine with waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back