The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Frithsblessing']I'm only missing "U", and can't think of any games that start with it.

I view my library in grid form. I've been debating going to textless grid, but then I wouldn't know what some of my games where.[/QUOTE]
Uplink is my favorite "U" game... I also have Unstoppable Gorg and Unmechanical, though I haven't tried them yet

[quote name='crabbit']Uplink is my favorite "U" game... I also have Unstoppable Gorg and Unmechanical, though I haven't tried them yet[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the suggestions. Out of those games Unstoppable Gorg looks like the only one I'd ever play. Uplink looks interesting in a very tedious headache kind of way. I respect the niche, but it isn't for me.

Speaking of headache. I'm turning into a lazy old man. I haven't played a city builder type game in a long long time. I think one of the first sim cities on NES (I could be wrong about the console). I fired up Tropico 3 and after an hour shut it down- didn't have the patience to learn it. I could see it being fun, but it got too overwhelming. Being responsible for a bunch of peoples well being and worrying about my retirement while playing a video game hits too close to real life.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']
Speaking of headache. I'm turning into a lazy old man. I haven't played a city builder type game in a long long time. I think one of the first sim cities on NES (I could be wrong about the console). I fired up Tropico 3 and after an hour shut it down- didn't have the patience to learn it. I could see it being fun, but it got too overwhelming. Being responsible for a bunch of peoples well being and worrying about my retirement while playing a video game hits too close to real life.[/QUOTE]

What about the rigging elections and trying not to get assassinated part? ;)

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']
Amazon.com user reviews of SimCity are hilarious.
Got burned once with D3. Not doing that again.[/QUOTE]

It's comic relief train wreck bad

simcityamazon.jpg

A 1 star rating at 646 reviews. The positive review rated most helpful and one of the very few 5 star ones was a guy tongue-in-cheek writing about how not being able to play the game he paid for cured him of his video game addiction.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PenguinJim']Uplink's pretty good, I was playing it earlier today. :)
Here it is, in case you just want a U game! IZA7L-LCL34-3M4WM
[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked that it wasn't already claimed. Thank you for the key- my alphabet is complete now.

[quote name='Motoki']What about the rigging elections and trying not to get assassinated part? ;)

[/QUOTE]

Looks like I didn't play long enough to make it to the fun part.

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']Seconding XCOM. For Y... Ys? Ys Origin?[/QUOTE]

I third XCOM and second YS:Orgin or any YS game on the store.

The Sim City reviews are funny but I feel bad for anyone wanting an actual review of the game. Every review seems to be nerd rage over EA and not how the game is. Although they deserve it. It's been two goddamn days now that I haven't been able to play it.

[quote name='Motoki']What about the rigging elections and trying not to get assassinated part? ;)

It's comic relief train wreck bad

simcityamazon.jpg

A 1 star rating at 646 reviews. The positive review rated most helpful and one of the very few 5 star ones was a guy tongue-in-cheek writing about how not being able to play the game he paid for cured him of his video game addiction.[/QUOTE]

:lol: If i could be bothered to write reviews would definitely do stuff like that.

I ordered my Simcity from Walmart.com since I was purchasing something there anyway and had a quick easy use for the $20. When I placed the order the estimated delivery was 3-14. I just ignored that as some sort mistake, as every game I've preordered from them arrived release day. I guess that info was mildly accurate, as my package shipped early monday and every tracking upate has it still in NJ. With a scheduled delivery date of 3-11, my installation and update will probably be smooth as butter by the time the guy walking it down from NJ rings my doorbell.

[quote name='Preedatore']I ordered my Simcity from Walmart.com since I was purchasing something there anyway and had a quick easy use for the $20. When I placed the order the estimated delivery was 3-14. I just ignored that as some sort mistake, as every game I've preordered from them arrived release day. I guess that info was mildly accurate, as my package shipped early monday and every tracking upate has it still in NJ. With a scheduled delivery date of 3-11, my installation and update will probably be smooth as butter by the time the guy walking it down from NJ rings my doorbell.[/QUOTE]
If it's a guy from NJ, he'll probably just chuck it at your door and keep rollin'.:D

[quote name='travathian']I have no 'X' or 'Y' games, afaik, anyone have suggestions?[/QUOTE]

XCom. You Don't Know Jack.

It seems I have every letter covered.

Age of Empires II HD re-release is coming next month on April 9th and will be Steam exclusive. It's being done by Hidden Path (Defense Grid and Counter-Strike: GO) and includes the content from the expansion as well as online play. There will be a 10% discount for pre-purchases on Steam, but it doesn't appear to be in the store yet.

With Microsoft's recent touch based hardware releases it honestly surprises me that this is Steam exclusive for now and not also on their store.

via GameSpot

[youtube]q_MEFt7KrxQ[/youtube]

[quote name='Genocidal']Which numbers do you all have covered? I've got 1, 4, 6, 7, and 9.[/QUOTE]

What games are those? I only have 1 (1000 Amps).

[quote name='Jugglenaut']What games are those? I only have 1 (1000 Amps).[/QUOTE]

Probably,

1,2,3 Kick it
4 Elements
7 Wonders
7 Wonders II
9th Company
688i Hunter Killer

He's Missing:
1000 Amps
18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul
18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker

(Going off my library)

Gamefly is having a decent rerun sale. Some of these are not steam (not sure if any are).

Alice: Madness Returns $4.99
Battlefield 2 Complete Collection $4.99
Battlefield 3 $11.97
Bulletstorm $4.99
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box $4.99
Dead Space 3 $39.99
F.E.A.R. 3 PC $4.99
L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition $7.49
Mirror's Edge 9 $4.99
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit PC $4.99
The Saboteur $4.99
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition $9.99

[quote name='asheskitty']Gamefly is having a decent rerun sale. Some of these are not steam (not sure if any are).

Battlefield 3 $11.97
Bulletstorm $4.99
Dead Space 3 $39.99
F.E.A.R. 3 PC $4.99
Mirror's Edge 9 $4.99
The Saboteur $4.99
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition $9.99[/QUOTE]

F.E.A.R. 3 is Steam. That's it, though.

[quote name='asheskitty']Gamefly is having a decent rerun sale. Some of these are not steam (not sure if any are).

Battlefield 3 $11.97
Bulletstorm $4.99
Dead Space 3 $39.99
F.E.A.R. 3 PC $4.99
Mirror's Edge 9 $4.99
The Saboteur $4.99
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition $9.99[/QUOTE]

I think there's a 20% coupon floating around as well.

Yeah, I recall some 20% Gamefly coupon a few days ago, be warned GameFly coupons are almost always single-use. GFDMAR20 I'm not sure when it ends.

Nvidia announces Physx and Apex support for Playstation 4

For those of you who don't know, the PS4 runs a customized AMD APU (APU=CPU+GPU in a single die/package). I guess it's more important for Nvidia to get PhysX into next gen consoles than it is to maintain it as an edge for their GPUs. (Imo, don't take this to read that retail AMD GPUs will have official PhysX support).

I have a Steam game for every letter (plus 1000 Amps, which is a rather good game by the way) and furthermore, I have my steam games categorized by letter.

I only wish there was a better way to alphabetize individual games, it's annoying that almost every series is in the wrong order (ie. Deus Ex 1, 3, 2.) Infuriating!

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I have a Steam game for every letter (plus 1000 Amps, which is a rather good game by the way) and furthermore, I have my steam games categorized by letter.

I only wish there was a better way to alphabetize individual games, it's annoying that almost every series is in the wrong order (ie. Deus Ex 1, 3, 2.) Infuriating![/QUOTE]

That's nothing. Reason #237 to hate EA: Inconsistency in Steam titles for Need for Speed games.

Need for Speed Undercover
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Shift
Shift 2 Unleashed

Those are the names exactly, with capitolization and colon differences, and of course Shift 2 lacking the NFS portion of the title.

[quote name='asheskitty']and of course Shift 2 lacking the NFS portion of the title.[/QUOTE]

Well, naturally they didn't want to remove emphasis from the oh-so-valuable Shift IP.

I kind of want the HD'ized AOE II but I can't see paying $20 $18 for a 14 year old game that I used to own but lost the damned disc.

I guess I will wait for a Tony deal or maybe so how low they go on the summer sale.

I don't think I ever played AOE II. I remember liking the original AOE, though I didn't get too far in (too busy commit to playing deeper games at the time).

[quote name='Motoki']I kind of want the HD'ized AOE II but I can't see paying $20 $18 for a 14 year old game that I used to own but lost the damned disc.

I guess I will wait for a Tony deal or maybe so how low they go on the summer sale.[/QUOTE]

I must have missed the part of this discussion where it was $18. Really? I still have my old Age of Kings and Myths fancy box I paid $50 several years ago (the only thing I didn't already have was the Titans expansion for AoM, but I was atoning for my earlier acquisition of um, skull-and-crossbones versions of the AoeII games).

EDIT: Oh, I found it. The store listing is here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/?snr=1_4_4__106_1

[quote name='asheskitty']
For those of you who don't know, the PS4 runs a customized AMD APU (APU=CPU+GPU in a single die/package). I guess it's more important for Nvidia to get PhysX into next gen consoles than it is to maintain it as an edge for their GPUs. (Imo, don't take this to read that retail AMD GPUs will have official PhysX support).[/QUOTE]

Wait, the PS4 is going to feature Apu? Thank you, come again!

[quote name='louiedog']Age of Empires II HD re-release is coming next month on April 9th and will be Steam exclusive. It's being done by Hidden Path (Defense Grid and Counter-Strike: GO) and includes the content from the expansion as well as online play. There will be a 10% discount for pre-purchases on Steam, but it doesn't appear to be in the store yet.

With Microsoft's recent touch based hardware releases it honestly surprises me that this is Steam exclusive for now and not also on their store.

via GameSpot

[/QUOTE]

Now I wish they have a HD version of this as well.

Age-of-Mythology.jpg

Really shitty weekend deal this time. Max Payne 3 was good, but already got it from Amazon. And I hate Soccer Manager to the very core of existence, so that wastes a weekend slot.

[quote name='Motoki']I kind of want the HD'ized AOE II but I can't see paying $20 $18 for a 14 year old game that I used to own but lost the damned disc.

I guess I will wait for a Tony deal or maybe so how low they go on the summer sale.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'll be waiting for that sweet sweet 75% sale on this and BG II:EE (probably Winter 2013 sale).

[quote name='warreni']I must have missed the part of this discussion where it was $18. Really? I still have my old Age of Kings and Myths fancy box I paid $50 several years ago (the only thing I didn't already have was the Titans expansion for AoM, but I was atoning for my earlier acquisition of um, skull-and-crossbones versions of the AoeII games).

EDIT: Oh, I found it. The store listing is here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/?snr=1_4_4__106_1

Wait, the PS4 is going to feature Apu? Thank you, come again![/QUOTE]
I thought it was going to have apu chips and a full gpu also, from what I got
Watching the.unveiling. maybe I misunderstood?

So Games for Windows is pretty much dead now. Maybe they'll shut it down completely and give me a Steam key for my 10 cent copy of AoE III Collection. I can dream, right?

[quote name='louiedog']So Games for Windows is pretty much dead now. Maybe they'll shut it down completely and give me a Steam key for my 10 cent copy of AoE III Collection. I can dream, right?[/QUOTE]

Really a shame, I would have liked to see GFWL have some success - at the very least as an alternative platform for distribution and community. Especially for console converts - it was nice to have achievements be in one place, etc. Their pricing and lack of content really killed them though.

[quote name='louiedog']So Games for Windows is pretty much dead now. Maybe they'll shut it down completely and give me a Steam key for my 10 cent copy of AoE III Collection. I can dream, right?[/QUOTE]

They've actually been re-purposing it a bit for Windows 8. I bought 4 Elements II when it was on sale on the Windows 8 app store and that logs into your GFWL/Xbox account and has XBox achievements.

I appreciate whatever mod it was that came in and hamfistedly "cleaned up" the thread by deleting discussion about game collections, as well as a few deals, but leaving all of the pictures of beer. What the fuck?

Hillarious how a 5 page discussion of a game that will never be on Steam didn't draw the wrath of the mods, but actually asking for recommendations for Steam games did? In the Steam thread? I think our thread nannies need to play more games and spend less time trolling us with mod action.

What did they snip this time? The ABC XYZ stuff?

I felt like I was the only one who wan't OCD about having games from every letter. Still, it wasn't harming anyone and if it actually gets people to play their Steam games, who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back