The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like happy hour is currently running on Indiegala, no clue how much longer as they tweeted it was ending 15 minutes ago.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I've been working on those games that you all suggested while eating thin mints. Onomonom[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yP1RTTuW9w

A civilized person would cleanse their pallet with sorbet between courses. In the states they often refer to it as intermezzo (from Italian). Maybe my expectations were too high for a zombie. ^_~

[quote name='Broken Cage']Not if you get the special edition. It's much much much easier than the original DMC3. I raced through DMC3 so I could lead right into DMC4, and oops, it's a prequel. It's still definitely worth playing.[/QUOTE]
Since Devil May Cry 3 (Original Version) is on Steam, I guess this qualifies as in-topic discussion. The original DMC3 had Japan's "Hard Mode" set as the International's "Medium." Thus, it was recommended by many, at the time, to die enough times to trigger the option to downgrade the difficulty. I'm guessing that the Special Edition fixed that, having the actual difficulties coincide with their in-game designations.

As enjoyable as I found DMC3, I still regard the first game as the best. That's my opinion, though.

[quote name='asheskitty']
A civilized person would cleanse their pallet with sorbet between courses. In the states they often refer to it as intermezzo (from Italian). Maybe my expectations were too high for a zombie. ^_~[/QUOTE]

I prefer watermelon. ;)

[quote name='MysterD']Spec Ops: The Line
Sleeping Dogs
Saints Row: The Third
The Witcher 2
Deus Ex: Human Rev
Batman AA + AC
Half-Life series
Borderlands[/QUOTE]

I like to play some of the older ones first. That way I'm not disappointed by graphics/gameplay. Try Portal, Half-Life Series, Batman AA.

If you want just plain fun, try SRTT.

[quote name='mcthatch']I like to play some of the older ones first. That way I'm not disappointed by graphics/gameplay. Try Portal, Half-Life Series, Batman AA.

If you want just plain fun, try SRTT.[/QUOTE]
I recently came from console gaming so that being said, bad graphics with tons of screen tearing doesn't really bother me.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Americanized = 'Italian Ice'[/QUOTE]

Oh ok now you speak my language.

PS: I'm from Philly and we will never run out of water ice. For gaming of course. ;)

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I recently came from console gaming so that being said, bad graphics with tons of screen tearing doesn't really bother me.[/QUOTE]

It's funny you mention that. Last year I assembled a rig to reasonable handle modern gaming graphics. As I started purchasing games I thought to myself "Now I can finally mod these games to look awesome!". I now find myself playing games 'straight out of the box' and still saying "These games look awesome!". :lol:

[quote name='Neuro5i5']It's funny you mention that. Last year I assembled a rig to reasonable handle modern gaming graphics. As I started purchasing games I thought to myself "Now I can finally mod these games to look awesome!". I now find myself playing games 'straight out of the box' and still saying "These games look awesome!". :lol:[/QUOTE]

:) True. Very true.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']What's sorbet? I honestly have never heard of it.[/QUOTE]

It's similar but different to sherbet. Sherbet has some dairy, sorbet does not. It sometimes contains alcohol which lowers it's freezing temperature leading to a lovely soft texture.

TL;DR think ice cream made with fruit juice and no dairy.

[quote name='Flowette']I'm currently sat in bed watching Big Trouble In Little China.

I have a serious urge to play some Sleeping Dogs.[/QUOTE]

Porkchop Express...lol Love that movie! Hope I like that game too.

[quote name='Flowette']I'm currently sat in bed watching Big Trouble In Little China.

I have a serious urge to play some Sleeping Dogs.[/QUOTE]
It doesnt compare to that movie though
[quote name='oman19']GETAJ-OBUFI-NGBUM
[/QUOTE]

thx for skyram

[quote name='Larce80']It doesnt compare to that movie though[/QUOTE]

Nothing does. It makes me want to have wacky kung fu fights though.

Does Egg Shen pop up in SD?

[quote name='Flowette']Nothing does. It makes me want to have wacky kung fu fights though.

Does Egg Shen pop up in SD?[/QUOTE]
No....but Lo Pan does!!!!!

[quote name='asheskitty']Borderlands 2
5B533-HJZKC-SKX3J-BBTBB-HBCBK
and
KTKB3-TCZC5-9W6JT-BJBTB-6ZHTS
[/QUOTE]

If only those were codes for the BL2 Base game and Season Pass DLC...
....not Shift codes. :p

Spec Ops: the Line is really starting to drag along. The beginning was interesting but it has gradually lost my interest.

The graphics are fantasic tho. IMO the graphics are better than Crysis 2.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Spec Ops: the Line is really starting to drag along. The beginning was interesting but it has gradually lost my interest.

The graphics are fantasic tho. IMO the graphics are better than Crysis 2.[/QUOTE]

Ummm....are you talking about the graphics artistically or technically?

[quote name='MysterD']Ummm....are you talking about the graphics artistically or technically?[/QUOTE]

I'm talking technically but it's my opinion so I may very well be the only person in the world that thinks this. If you look at say the clothing and wounds, it is almost photorealistic.

Edit: Just for reference both games are 1080p and on Very High.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I'm talking technically but it's my opinion so I may very well be the only person in the world that thinks this. If you look at say the clothing and wounds, it is almost photorealistic.[/QUOTE]

Umm...could your PC run Crysis 2 maxed-out at your monitor's top-resolution w/ Patch 1.9 and all of the extra high-res textures downloads (from Crytek's MyCrysis website)?

EDIT:
Very High is TWO whole settings BELOW the top Crysis 2 settings.
There's also Extreme; and then Ultra (which is DX11 and requires the MyCrysis high-texture downloads installed).
You seriously have to run Crysis 2 on Ultra - if your PC actually can handle it.

[quote name='MysterD']Umm...could your PC run Crysis 2 maxed-out at your monitor's top-resolution w/ Patch 1.9 and all of the extra high-res textures downloads (from Crytek's MyCrysis website)?[/QUOTE]

There are other high res textures? In that case I guess if you have a more powerful machine, Crysis 2 looks better but I'm on an extremely tight budget.

What I should've said was "Spec Ops looks better than Crysis 2 on my rig."

[quote name='MysterD']
Very High is TWO whole settings BELOW the top Crysis 2 settings.
There's also Extreme; and then Ultra (which is DX11 and requires the MyCrysis high-texture downloads installed).
You seriously have to run Crysis 2 on Ultra - if your PC actually can handle it.[/QUOTE]

I'd would absolutely love to have a computer that had no problems running everything at max but alas I'm a teen with no job.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']There are other high res textures?[/quote]
Yup.

In that case I guess if you have a more powerful machine, Crysis 2 looks better but I'm on an extremely tight budget.

What I should've said was "Spec Ops looks better than Crysis 2 on my rig."
Crysis 2 was criticized upon its original release on the PC for not looking as good as it should've.

So, they later released Patch 1.9 and released the High-Res Textures (Ultra).
Get the DX11 Enabling feature and High-Res stuff HERE.

[quote name='MysterD']Yup.

Crysis 2 was criticized upon its original release on the PC for not looking as good as it should've.

So, they later released Patch 1.9 and released the High-Res Textures (Ultra).
Get the DX11 Enabling feature and High-Res stuff HERE.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the links! A GTX 650 can only push out so much. I really need the 700 series to come out.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Thanks for the links! A GTX 650 can only push out so much. I really need the 700 series to come out.[/QUOTE]
I actually have a GTX 560 Ti.
Depending on the rest of your PC specs, we might be in a somewhat similar boat here.

I can't run Crysis 2 PC maxed-out on my PC at 1920x1080...
...But I surely can do it on Ultra at 1680x1050.

My PC = i7 950; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB of GeForce GTX 560 Ti (with 301.42 drivers currently); Windows 7 64-bit; 23'' HP 2311x monitor.

EDIT:
Also, make sure to squeeze every ounce of performance you can out of a game, run programs like GameBooster that make it easy to force the disabling of any other programs that might be running in the background and hogging some RAM and resources up.
For Crysis 2 and some other modern games (i.e. Witcher 2 or BF3) - if you want to get them to look as much and as good as your PC can and should be able to handle, this surely can help.

[quote name='MysterD']I actually have a GTX 560 Ti.
Depending on the rest of your PC specs, we might be in a somewhat similar boat here.

I can't run Crysis 2 PC maxed-out on my PC at 1920x1080...
...But I surely can do it on Ultra at 1680x1050.

My PC = i7 950; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB of GTX 560 Ti (with 301.42 drivers); Windows 7 64-bit.[/QUOTE]

Mine is FX 8320(OC'ed to 4Ghz), 8GB CV, 1GB GtX 650 (310.90); Windows 8 64. My 650 is so overclocked that I'm suprised that it has not crashed at all. BTW you may want to upgrade your drivers. http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/55121

[quote name='MysterD']
EDIT:
Also, make sure to squeeze every ounce of performance you can out of a game, run programs like GameBooster that make it easy to force the disabling of any other programs that might be running in the background and hogging some RAM and resources up.
For Crysis 2 and some other modern games (i.e. Witcher 2 or BF3) - if you want to get them to look as much and as good as your PC can and should be able to handle, this surely can help.[/QUOTE]

I like listening to Spotify when I game + most games don't support more than 4 cores so 4 are game and 4 are everything else.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Mine is FX 8320(OC'ed to 4Ghz), 8GB CV, 1GB GtX 650 (310.90); Windows 8 64. My 650 is so overclocked that I'm suprised that it has not crashed at all. BTW you may want to upgrade your drivers. http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/55121[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've been lazy w/ driver updating - hehe.
I've had the latest downloaded (310.90), but ain't installed them.
There's no major game here that I'm playing right now (performing poorly/underwhelming) that's forcing me to upgrade them.

EDIT:
I've basically been playing NBA2K13; YDKJ (2011); and the EA Classics Pack from Amazon (NHL 09 & Madden 08).

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, I've been lazy w/ driver updating - hehe.
There's no major game here that I'm playing right now (performing poorly/underwhelming) that's forcing me to upgrade them.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even notice how much of an improvement drivers can make until Skyrim that is. One driver update increase my fps by about 5, that's not a lot but I'll take free extra performance any day of the week.

You may also want to test and see how well Physx performs when you use your processor instead of your GPU.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I didn't even notice how much of an improvement drivers can make until Skyrim that is. One driver update increase my fps by about 5, that's not a lot but I'll take free extra performance any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, depends on so many things - the game itself; developers themselves (when working on the game - especialyl when they patch it); what NVidia does with the drivers; and many other things.

I love Skyrim, BTW. :D

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, I've been lazy w/ driver updating - hehe.
There's no major game here that I'm playing right now (performing poorly/underwhelming) that's forcing me to upgrade them.

EDIT:
I've basically been playing NBA2K13; YDKJ (2011); and the EA Classics Pack from Amazon (NHL 09 & Madden 08).[/QUOTE]

The Nvidia drivers released a week back fixed some security hole, fyi.

I just finished Dishonored (which was great by the way all the talk on cagcast with wombat and people here were right) and was racking my brain on what to play next and decided to play Spec Ops and it is funny I come here and people are talking about it. For a second I thought you guys were saying there was a high texture mod for it that I was missing but then reread the post about itbeing for Crysis 2 so :(

So does anyone else here play Natural Selection 2? I bought it during the Holiday sale and I've racked up like 71 hours so far. The game is great. At first it is pretty wtf is going on as you don't know crap and it takes a few hours of playing to get a idea of whats going on with each side. Gameplay is great, it is pretty well balanced and a lot of fun. There really isn't any two matches that are the same with random start points, different commanders, and just so much that can be done differently. The community is excellent and really does make the game much more enjoyable as I've only come across a few assholes.

The game also has a pretty simple but very effective way of making it easier on you and others. When you first start playing your name is green, everyone knows that green names are rookies and generally they will tell you what needs to be done and how to do it as well as answer questions. There are servers that are also green which are rookie servers so people playing on those servers generally are much more laid back and understanding and willing to help. After playing x amount of hours the green is removed from your name (you can put it back on or remove it in the options as well if you like).

Even after my 71 hours, I've only commanded 3 times (all for marines) and I have no idea how to even command for the aliens really lol. For those that don't know, each time has a commander, they job in a chair in the game and basically play the game from an overhead RTS view. Giving orders to the players, putting down things to build/grow and are responsible for the direction your team goes in strategy and tech while managing resources to get you upgrades and such. Everyone else plays the game in FPS. Marines are mostly standard FPS play and can get jetpacks and Exo suits (mechs) and some fancy weapons, aliens evolve into higher life formers that can do various things (heal, fly, teleport). All have their uses and are done well.

I recommend the game highly, and for those of you who have it but haven't played yet, I really urge you too (I see on my friends list there is like 18 that have it with like none of them even playing it yet lol)

[quote name='KaOTiK']So does anyone else here play Natural Selection 2? I bought it during the Holiday sale and I've racked up like 71 hours so far. The game is great. At first it is pretty wtf is going on as you don't know crap and it takes a few hours of playing to get a idea of whats going on with each side. Gameplay is great, it is pretty well balanced and a lot of fun. There really isn't any two matches that are the same with random start points, different commanders, and just so much that can be done differently. The community is excellent and really does make the game much more enjoyable as I've only come across a few assholes.

The game also has a pretty simple but very effective way of making it easier on you and others. When you first start playing your name is green, everyone knows that green names are rookies and generally they will tell you what needs to be done and how to do it as well as answer questions. There are servers that are also green which are rookie servers so people playing on those servers generally are much more laid back and understanding and willing to help. After playing x amount of hours the green is removed from your name (you can put it back on or remove it in the options as well if you like).

Even after my 71 hours, I've only commanded 3 times (all for marines) and I have no idea how to even command for the aliens really lol. For those that don't know, each time has a commander, they job in a chair in the game and basically play the game from an overhead RTS view. Giving orders to the players, putting down things to build/grow and are responsible for the direction your team goes in strategy and tech while managing resources to get you upgrades and such. Everyone else plays the game in FPS. Marines are mostly standard FPS play and can get jetpacks and Exo suits (mechs) and some fancy weapons, aliens evolve into higher life formers that can do various things (heal, fly, teleport). All have their uses and are done well.

I recommend the game highly, and for those of you who have it but haven't played yet, I really urge you too (I see on my friends list there is like 18 that have it with like none of them even playing it yet lol)[/QUOTE]

Does this have a bot mode? The game has looked very interesting to me but I tend to prefer games with a bot mode. I just don't play online too much and sometimes prefer to beat up on some bots. Sounds a little like one of the HL mods they had with zombies. I think you had a zombie commander and the rest just played FPS.

[quote name='headpiece747']I just finished Dishonored (which was great by the way all the talk on cagcast with wombat and people here were right) and was racking my brain on what to play next and decided to play Spec Ops and it is funny I come here and people are talking about it. For a second I thought you guys were saying there was a high texture mod for it that I was missing but then reread the post about itbeing for Crysis 2 so :([/QUOTE]

You honestly don't need a texture pack for Spec Ops. Vsync locks to 60fps and removes all of the screen tearing.

Hello! A super snowy sunday to you.

3 x DRM free copies of The Cat Lady (new horror adventure game)

www.TheCatLady.co.uk > buy now > DRM-free version on its own > view cart > enter discount "S7SUPERSUNDAY" and update cart > checkout!

Usually £6.99 (or currently £6.50 cos of a site-wide discount)

ALL GONE! Thanks :)

"The Cat Lady is the finest horror adventure I've ever played. In fact, it's one of the finest adventure games I've ever played, period. A+" - Just Adventure

[quote name='m0ds']Hello! A super snowy sunday to you.

3 x DRM free copies of The Cat Lady (new horror adventure game)

[/QUOTE]

got one. thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back