The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Do we have more than that one developer's comment about the sale start date? I remember at the Summer sale we were going by a developer's hint and then the sale didn't start for another week. It screwed up all the other online stores cause they all started their sales at the wrong time.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I was guessing the sale was confirmed for today. It'd be pretty funny if it wasn't. :D

The midweek sale ends at 10am this morning, normally they end at 4pm, so it would be strange if it didn't start at 10am. Valve does love to troll though!

[quote name='starscream1101']Sale better start in an hour or so...I haven't been drinking vodka for nothing! Gotta loosen up the velcro on that wallet :D[/QUOTE]

Velcro? Don't feel bad spending your kids money! ;)

You people are going crazy again. I will leave this window open, and then see how many pages it filled up when I get back from work in about 9 hours. You people are still crazy though.

[quote name='lupe guillotine']you people are going crazy again. I will leave this window open, and then see how many pages it filled up when i get back from work in about 9 hours. You people are still crazy though.[/quote]

you people

[quote name='KaOTiK']Velcro? Don't feel bad spending your kids money! ;)[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm on the velcro :D I have a lousy leather wallet. I did have a wallet made out of duct tape when I was younger.

[quote name='Tsel']T'was the night before Steamsmas,
And all through the flat,
Not a creature was stirring,
'cept for one loafing cat,
The stockings were hung,
But not as much as me,
And they were all filled with presents,
Though non-digitally,
I was clad in my jammies,
And my wife in her mask,
We were newly unconscious,
After nursing a flask,
When up on the rooftops,
What on earth should I hear?
It was Gabe Newell in costume,
Complete with red suit and beard!
He was tow'ring above us,
With a generous smile,
And in the back of his hovercraft,
He had this year's Gift Pile!
But were we naughty or nice?
Good ol' Gabe didn't care,
If we earned holiday achievements,
We'd all get our share!
But money was tight,
How could we afford games?
Gabe smiled at us sagely,
And spoke our user names.
He then gave a bellow,
That shook through the town,
And all the Steam prices,
Came clattering down,
We rejoiced and we thanked him,
Our lungs vomiting mirth,
Now Gabe knew he was done,
And departed the Earth,
He gave the most jolly shout,
Leaving our atmosphere:
"Happy Steamsmas to all,
And a Happy New Year!"[/QUOTE]

Awesome :cool:

[quote name='Umair56']you people[/QUOTE]

4fde341d-6d69-405d-9031-3c47313c4eb3.jpg

[quote name='Garbanzo']Looks like those Paradox packs will be on sale again in a couple of days.....[/QUOTE]

Pint size was looking attractive, until I realized it didn't include the base game, just some of the DLC. The next pack up wasn't all that attractive. (Magicka again? Already own the first Sword Of The Stars from last year...)

Maybe the best option will be buying a key from someone who already bought one of these packs....

This sales become less and less enticing as you build a larger game library, but Valve still seems to take money from me.

I'm expecting to spend at least $100.

[quote name='mac995555']This sales become less and less enticing as you build a larger game library, but Valve still seems to take money from me.

I'm expecting to spend at least $100.[/QUOTE]

I've consistently spent $500-600 per sale the last 4 years. I think as the game library grows, the quality of sales diminishes.

[quote name='mac995555']This sales become less and less enticing as you build a larger game library, but Valve still seems to take money from me.

Agreed, Im running out of games to buy/backlog doesnt need it

See, that's what we always think...

And then last sale I blew an unprecidented amount.

I'm hoping not to spend more than $75 between my husband and I this sale... We'll see. So many of the games I want are newer games, which are less likely to receive 75% off discounts.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I've consistently spent $500-600 per sale the last 4 years. I think as the game library grows, the quality of sales diminishes.[/QUOTE]

I can't even imagine spending a fifth of that even if I bought every single game I actually wanted.

Same here my Steam says I have 187 games and I will still probably spend at least $100 if not $150 I got the money and it'll make my wants for the winter sale next year to not be so high in cost for the overall total.

[quote name='Preedatore']I wonder how many "a game on your wishlist is on sale" emails I will get at 1pm?[/QUOTE]

Which is why I scrambled to turn it off after I got my first one.

[quote name='starscream1101']Sale better start in an hour or so...I haven't been drinking vodka for nothing! Gotta loosen up the velcro on that wallet :D[/QUOTE]

Did you drink as often before you got to Korea, or is it the culture there?

[quote name='TheLongshot']Pint size was looking attractive, until I realized it didn't include the base game, just some of the DLC. The next pack up wasn't all that attractive. (Magicka again? Already own the first Sword Of The Stars from last year...)

Maybe the best option will be buying a key from someone who already bought one of these packs....[/QUOTE]

I agree, the distribution of the games in the packs are not optimal.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I've consistently spent $500-600 per sale the last 4 years. I think as the game library grows, the quality of sales diminishes.[/QUOTE]

I bow down to the might of your collection. I was actually shocked that when I posted a bunch of keys the other day that I had one that you didn't have (Jet Set Radio).

When I grow up I want to be like you.

tumblr_me3x7yHOrp1qegw8v.gif

[quote name='Garbanzo']I agree, the distribution of the games in the packs are not optimal.[/QUOTE]

I'd guess Amazon finds the distribution quite optimal.

[quote name='jshackles']Steam says I have 728 games. Anyone know how many total games are on Steam?[/QUOTE]

After DLC and games removed from the catalog, probably near or a bit more than 4k.

[quote name='gilby']I'd guess Amazon finds the distribution quite optimal.[/QUOTE]

In the reviews for Pint Size, someone said they called Amazon and they said that it is Paradox that decides whats in the packs.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Motoki! Your avatar! For shame.[/QUOTE]

It was change.org's fault. I couldn't say no.

And I still want a Manly Easy Bake Oven.

[quote name='Preedatore']I wonder how many "a game on your wishlist is on sale" emails I will get at 1pm?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding me. I meant to turn this off the other day when it was mentioned, but got distracted. Did it now.

[quote name='TheLongshot']In the reviews for Pint Size, someone said they called Amazon and they said that it is Paradox that decides whats in the packs.[/QUOTE]

That's true but Amazon can give input and make suggestions. The Pint Sized pack came along in the first place because some people bought an earlier less comprehensive pack that included a lot of the same games and the bigger Plethora (I think) pack and complained so Tony suggested it to Paradox as sort of a supplemental for those who already had the earlier pack.

[quote name='glennfrank']Thanks for reminding me. I meant to turn this off the other day when it was mentioned, but got distracted. Did it now.[/QUOTE]

You can only do this in the client, right? I'm out and won't be home again for hours. I'm guessing my box will be flooded. :p

[quote name='utopianmachine']You can only do this in the client, right? I'm out and won't be home again for hours. I'm guessing my box will be flooded. :p[/QUOTE]

You can do this from the web. Select "Account Details", then "Configure Your Email Preferences"

[quote name='jshackles']Steam says I have 728 games. Anyone know how many total games are on Steam?[/QUOTE]

I thought, "Hot damn, that's a lot of games!" But then I checked Steam and it says I have 734. I don't think there's a true way to tell how many what with all the bundle keys and serials for games that have been removed. I've seen a user with over 6,000 games before.

I'm loading up stuff in my cart for a sale initiation glitch. Hoping some of these coupons that are still active will stack...

[quote name='Blade']I thought, "Hot damn, that's a lot of games!" But then I checked Steam and it says I have 734. I don't think there's a true way to tell how many what with all the bundle keys and serials for games that have been removed. I've seen a user with over 6,000 games before.

I'm loading up stuff in my cart for a sale initiation glitch. Hoping some of these coupons that are still active will stack...[/QUOTE]
Mine says "318 Games" until you click on it then go to the "All Games" section and it says I have 187.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Mine says "318 Games" until you click on it then go to the "All Games" section and it says I have 187.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've noticed this too. In my profile it says "Games (986)" but when I go to "All games" I have 728. I think the rest are because Steam identifies every user as "owning" all of the Free-To-Play games.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Yeah, total games differs greatly between games owned and DLC - the larger the library, the larger the spread. I have 1155 actual games and 1998 in total.[/QUOTE]

Ahh you're probably right. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back