The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been outside, IN THE RAIN, losing not one but two football matches, and I come back to 11 pages of bloated salechat.

Well done, guys :applause:

Oh, and to go back to my earlier (fifteen pages back) point, the THQ pack is showing up at 50% off for me. Wouldn't it make sense for the publisher packs to be inflated to a higher price, then discounted occasionally (to say 33% or thereabouts) to drive a few sales through? My 2p. Well, it's not even worth that. Maybe a grosz. And I've got one of those (clue: it's not worth a lot).

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Thankfully the badge requirement is only 4 out of the 6 task. I doubt I'm going to be able to make every vote this year with how busy I am at work.[/QUOTE]

I don't even care what you just said.

You.

Revelations 2012.

Tomorrow.

The End of the World.

That is all.

[quote name='xRidley']I did get my Steam account unlocked. Problem was trading with someone who was reselling loads of Russian Steam games. Actually traded with him several months ago but just recently got my account locked.

Be very careful trading with people you don't know! Especially those people who want less than MSRP for a brand new game that hasn't been on sale yet. Luckily most new releases are region locked these days so you can tell if a game was sourced from Russia or not (RU in the game name).

They gave me a warning and unlocked my account, but honestly I doubt I will trade gifts at all at this point. What happens if I trade then find out the guy used a stolen CC? I'd probably end up permanently banned. I'm just going to stick with the official retail channels.

Also my friend got the same ban. He traded with the same person and is still dealing with Steam support to get his account unlocked. Seems they are really cracking down on Russian-sourced games.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I bought Borderlands 2 from Direct2Play as did many others, it was region unlocked. It came with a RU and Non RU version when I added it to my library. If they lock an account for buying from a legitimate site, it will suck.

[quote name='Flowette']
Oh, and to go back to my earlier (fifteen pages back) point, the THQ pack is showing up at 50% off for me. Wouldn't it make sense for the publisher packs to be inflated to a higher price, then discounted occasionally (to say 33% or thereabouts) to drive a few sales through? My 2p. Well, it's not even worth that. Maybe a grosz. And I've got one of those (clue: it's not worth a lot).[/QUOTE]

Seriously, these publisher packs are the worst in recent memory (or ever).

Looking for some opinion here...is the Sands of Time series worth playing if I didn't like the 2008 Prince of Persia? I mean the story was ok but the gameplay & the fighting were lacking...

[quote name='flamerhino']Looking for some opinion here...is the Sands of Time series worth playing if I didn't like the 2008 Prince of Persia? I mean the story was ok but the gameplay & the fighting were lacking...[/QUOTE]

Yes, I really didn't like the 2008 Prince of Persia but thought every other PoP game was good.

[quote name='jshackles']Seriously, these publisher packs are the worst in recent memory (or ever).[/QUOTE]
My point being if that you take the Ubisoft collection for example, it's £64.99 for me at the moment, and it comprises of:

• Anno 2070
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Far Cry
  • Far Cry 2
  • From Dust
  • I Am Alive
  • Might & Magic VI
  • Rayman Origins
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Ten games for sixty five quid. Not great. But stick, say, a 50% discount on it then it suddenly becomes a bit more interesting. I'd consider paying nearly £30 for that lot.

Well no I wouldn't but you get the idea. I don't think we should rule out publisher packs yet. I just think they've been inflated to higher prices because we might get a hefty discount on them.

There, that's my grosz.

[quote name='Flowette']My point being if that you take the Ubisoft collection for example, it's £64.99 for me at the moment, and it comprises of:

• Anno 2070
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Far Cry
  • Far Cry 2
  • From Dust
  • I Am Alive
  • Might & Magic VI
  • Rayman Origins
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Ten games for sixty five quid. Not great. But stick, say, a 50% discount on it then it suddenly becomes a bit more interesting. I'd consider paying nearly £30 for that lot.

Well no I wouldn't but you get the idea. I don't think we should rule out publisher packs yet. I just think they've been inflated to higher prices because we might get a hefty discount on them.

There, that's my grosz.[/QUOTE]

I see what you're getting at - and I hope you're right. I'd pick up that Ubi pack if it were 50% off.

[quote name='Darigon']What's the cheapest killing floor complete will go for?[/QUOTE]

Uh be in an indie bundle? Other than that probably 75%.

Oh and I spotted a deal!

Krater is only £3.74 ($5?) and has finally hit 75% off, making it the lowest it's been. So now you wanna hear if it's any good, or if it's got better since it's launch, right? Well you're in luck. At the weekend I sat down and played a fresh game of Krater and this is what I found:

Damn thing crashed after seven minutes, just after I'd completed my first couple of missions. Nothing was saved. Back to the bottom of the pile you go, Krater. You go there and you think about what you did.

[quote name='Motoki']Uh be in an indie bundle? Other than that probably 75%.[/QUOTE]

it has a chance of being in one? Might aswell wait till then I suppose. Not sure what to get.. Wish they had a GTA 3 pack with all the last gen gta games

[quote name='Darigon']it has a chance of being in one? Might aswell wait till then I suppose. Not sure what to get.. Wish they had a GTA 3 pack with all the last gen gta games[/QUOTE]

It's been in a Groupees bundle before but you had to pay over $10 to get it so it wasn't a huge deal

[quote name='Darigon']it has a chance of being in one?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='Darigon']ah ok..Hmm what about serious sam 3? tempted on that since I own almost all of them[/QUOTE]

Bundle fodder.

Plus it will be on sale 200 more times between now and Spring.

[quote name='Darigon']ah ok..Hmm what about serious sam 3? tempted on that since I own almost all of them[/QUOTE]

Awful price. Amazon just had ALL of their SS items for $9.99.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Awful price. Amazon just had ALL of their SS items for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

I always miss the good stuff ._.
Hitman 3 pack? (without absolution)

[quote name='Curtsey']So is 75% the highest sale % that can happen?[/QUOTE]

90% is the highest I have seen, but that is usually indie or reallly old stuff. If you are holding out for most anything, I'd say 75% is the buy point.

No, there are a few games right now that are 90% off.. but in general, most games go up to 75% off, and occassionally 80% or so.

No, but typically that's all you're going to see.

EDIT: Damn ninjas.

[quote name='Darigon']I always miss the good stuff ._.
Hitman 3 pack? (without absolution)[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Hitman games are unique and fun. I guess to qualify that, I like games with light simulation and systems you have to figure out, and I intentionally mess up runs through levels multiple times for recon and "poke things with sticks" to see what happens. If you are patient and curious go for it, if you don't like trial and error don't. The satisfaction knowing the perfect route and timing through a level and then executing it perfectly makes me so happy.

Loyalty promos are so effective, I'm surprised STALKER is the only series that does them. Just by offering them I feel I need to prove my loyalty to a franchise I haven't booted yet by buying more. The low prices are nice too.

[quote name='Flowette']Oh and I spotted a deal!

Krater is only £3.74 ($5?) and has finally hit 75% off, making it the lowest it's been.[/QUOTE]

Good catch. The pricing for Krater is really weird at the moment:

Standard edition is 66% off: $5.09
Collector's edition is 75% off: $4.99
2-pack (Standard) is also 75% off: $6.74

Here is my contribution to my suggestion we all find a relatively unknown game and try it out. Chaser, only a couple people on my friends list have it, but they haven't played it yet. Currently $2.49 at 50% off. I shall report my verdict by the end of the sale.

[quote name='preedatore']here is my contribution to my suggestion we all find a relatively unknown game and try it out. chaser, only a couple people on my friends list have it, but they haven't played it yet. Currently $2.49 at 50% off. I shall report my verdict by the end of the sale.[/quote]

lol "IF YOU CAN HOLD A GUN YOU ARE NOT DEAD"

[quote name='pantsattack']lol "IF YOU CAN HOLD A GUN YOU ARE NOT DEAD"[/QUOTE]

But, did you did see the mini glass breaking montage in there? EPIC!!! I saw this game at retail probably about 9 years ago and always wondered if it was any good. Half Life 2 released about the same time, and I gaurantee this can't even hold a candle to Half Life 2's droppings. Maybe, just maybe, there will be something about it that makes it stand out.

[quote name='Mooby']Krater is pretty bad. Some decent ideas but extremely flawed implementation.[/QUOTE]
Is the correct answer, but...

HAVE YOU SEEN HOW MANY POINTS IT'S WORTH ON WWW.STEAMSCORE.NET?!??!?!

I'm trying real hard to find a reason to like it. If only for the achievements. Yes, it's come to this.

[quote name='carl7117']any chance the old fallout games will hit lower? i think they are at 75 off right now[/QUOTE]

You can get Fallout 3 GOTY for 4.74 on gamersgate. I'm sure it'll eventually be 5 on steam soon (that seems to be their go-to price on this). I doubt they'll go lower than 75% off for a long time.

[quote name='Flowette']Is the correct answer, but...

HAVE YOU SEEN HOW MANY POINTS IT'S WORTH ON WWW.STEAMSCORE.NET?!??!?!

I'm trying real hard to find a reason to like it. If only for the achievements. Yes, it's come to this.[/QUOTE]

I think the Krater sale was a glitch? I see it at like $5.06 now. Collector's edition is $4.99 but doesn't seem the DLC is worth it.

Two pack is still $6 something though.

Hey, is anyone interested in buying a Borderlands 2 4-Pack???

It's $90 ($22.5 each one).

I'm also interested in a Torchlight II 4-Pack ($45, $11.25 each one)

Or if anyone have an slot open for any of those games, please let me know, I'm craving for them. =D

Please PM me.

Hey guys! Any chance Far Cry 3 hits 75% off? If so, I'm a little low on cash, so if someone could gift it to me that'd be awesome. Also, please drop codes for better games...or you can just PM them to me. xD

Not really.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wow, I've been spelling it wrong for years. Of course the only time i use it is when I write "fuck you Dwayne you filthy flopper" on his Christmas card so spelling isn't important.

(Mavs Fan)[/QUOTE]

Why is everyone I meet a Mavs fan... :roll:

[quote name='travathian']I think I will do a contest.

I need an avatar. You need a free game.

Hop to it.

Contest ends whenever I feel like it.

*avatar must meet CAG requirements, free game will not be Bad Rats, some restrictions apply, residents of Sol system only, must be 22 or older to enter, can't be left handed, void where prohibited by law or brute squads.[/QUOTE]

ddf44afada00eaace4af9ebe73caaccd6cef7fc4_full.jpg

[quote name='bshirk']Oh, guess I missed one of the bundles. I may hold off in case it's in another bundle again (hopefully the humble bundle).[/QUOTE]

List of everything that's been iBundle'd:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2981458

[quote name='Severose']Here's to hoping someone gets the reference. :cry:[/QUOTE]

"Best guess for this image: hindi language"

[quote name='xRidley']I did get my Steam account unlocked.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but totally unsurprising.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Is Bad Rats truly 49 cents?[/QUOTE]

As a relatively new SteamCAG, one day I'd really like to hear Bad Rats and Coconut Queen's amazing tale of their rise to fame and riches among the brawny gents and fine ladies gathered here... fire's sparkling, marshmallows are ready, anybody wanna start before the prophecy kicks in? :)

[quote name='Junpei']As a relatively new SteamCAG, one day I'd really like to hear Bad Rats and Coconut Queen's amazing tale of their rise to fame and riches among the brawny gents and fine ladies gathered here... fire's sparkling, marshmallows are ready, anybody wanna start before the prophecy kicks in? :)[/QUOTE]
Well, when our community was a bit smaller, Motoki, the village elder, started spouting prophecies of a land named CoCoCo. On that very island was a woman who, by default, became the Coconut Queen.

Yes, by default.

We all chuckled as Motoki continued his outlandish stories. Then, in an effort to convert us, he started gifting a great many of us (Myself included.) the very title in question. He successfully converted most, if not all, of our village.

Thankfully, the equivalency of Resident Evil 4 didn't result, so our village has remained happy, if not unnecessarily obsessed.

I can't open Steam at all, keep getting the same error message. A few of my friends are having the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back