The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lupe guillotine']Right before work I was at page 48, now when I get home it's on page 80...... Nothing for me to buy today from the looks of it.[/QUOTE]
Man, I hate to skip pages but shit...
[quote name='SkullTheTroll']It's totally worth that. I enjoyed Zeno Clash's zany look, but it was fun too.[/QUOTE]
Co-sign. One of the most original games I've ever played.

Zeno Clash is short and a bit rough around the edges but well worth $1 -- always nice to see indie developers attempt something different. Combat is a bit wonky but fun.

[quote name='Genocidal']The Telltale Collection looks to be the best publisher pack, and it isn't even advertised.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Funny enough, I was just looking at that. I already own half the games in that pack, but I haven't actually added any of them to my account yet. Most of them are sitting in my inventory and a few others are unredeemed keys. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hassle to sell all those parts off and buy the complete pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Curtsey']Stalker CoP is 75% off, but in a loyalty deal, anyone think it might get a real 75% off deal?[/QUOTE]
Yes, it is possible, but the base price of the loyalty version is lower, so 75% off with no loyalty promo is only $5. Someone might sell you SoC for a couple bucks in the CAG trading thread and then you'd have the discount and have two games for around $6.

[quote name='starscream1101']Bit on Fable/Fable 3 since they are 75% off now. I looked last night and they were only at 50%. Not bad, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Fable 3 was okay. Not a great game.

[quote name='pantsattack']Yes, it is possible, but the base price of the loyalty version is lower, so 75% off with no loyalty promo is only $5. Someone might sell you SoC for a couple bucks in the CAG trading thread and then you'd have the discount and have two games for around $6.[/QUOTE]

I like the new avatar.

[quote name='asheskitty']NHK (Japan) is reporting that 12/21/12 has arrived and the world doesn't seem to be ending.[/QUOTE]
It has been 21/12 for over 16 hours now, and I'm still here.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I like the new avatar.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
I couldn't stand not getting anything new so I opened some inventory games. Yay, Thief 2 and Bioshock 2! What great deals!

Hmm... Rayman Origins for $10 on XBLA or hold off there and hope it gets a 75% daily/flash deal instead of the current pretty weak 35% it's sitting at.

[quote name='monkeysez']err depends on what part of south america[/QUOTE]

The American part.

[quote name='Mighty Tor']Hmm... Rayman Origins for $10 on XBLA or hold off there and hope it gets a 75% daily/flash deal instead of the current pretty weak 35% it's sitting at.[/QUOTE]

I'm considering picking it up on PS3, as I have some credit there and it's $9.89 for plus members.

Since the world is ending tomorrow, went ahead and charged everything on Steam to my credit card :bouncy: Now, time to open an Amazon card.

The Steam Winter sale is much slower than the Steam Summer Sale. 24 hour cooldowns on community votes? Flash deals that pretty much last all day. Dailies that last a day and a half...

Weaksauce.

[quote name='Mighty Tor']Hmm... Rayman Origins for $10 on XBLA or hold off there and hope it gets a 75% daily/flash deal instead of the current pretty weak 35% it's sitting at.[/QUOTE]

It's been 50% off before; I would be very surprised if it didn't hit at least 50, but more likely 66% off.

I'm not really happy with the way this sale is set up. I think having the community choice go on sale right away followed up by another vote would work much better. I'd also have an additional set of flash sales throughout the day.

[quote name='nategator']The Steam Winter sale is much slower than the Steam Summer Sale. 24 hour cooldowns on community votes? Flash deals that pretty much last all day. Dailies that last a day and a half...

Weaksauce.[/QUOTE]
There will be new Daily Deals every day. It's just you will also be able to buy the old daily deals tomorrow too. Kinda like how they did the Autumn sale.

Hopefully these new flash deals are worth me staying up the extra half hour.

Can I gift money on Steam? Or does it have to be individual games? Trying to search their website now....but I'm an extremely lazy XMAS shopper and am trying to send some Steam money to my brother so he can get some things off the Steam sale without his wife nowing ;)

This is a Steam thread. Answer should be obvious. ;)

[quote name='starscream1101']Can I gift money on Steam? Or does it have to be individual games? Trying to search their website now....but I'm an extremely lazy XMAS shopper and am trying to send some Steam money to my brother so he can get some things off the Steam sale without his wife nowing ;)[/QUOTE]
No, but you can buy Steam Wallet gift codes and send them to him. Gamestop and Best Buy sell them, but only in-store.
[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']OMG. Can it be? That would make it 7.5$ are they f'ing insane? Register on steam?[/QUOTE]
Reviews point to it registering on Steam. Definitely buying this.

[quote name='starscream1101']Can I gift money on Steam? Or does it have to be individual games? Trying to search their website now....but I'm an extremely lazy XMAS shopper and am trying to send some Steam money to my brother so he can get some things off the Steam sale without his wife nowing ;)[/QUOTE]

No, you can't do that. The best you can do is buy the games for him and gift them to him. But then, you did say you were lazy...

Do both of you have Paypal accounts? That might be the easiest way.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']OMG. Can it be? That would make it 7.5$ are they f'ing insane? It doesn't look like its steam though. :/[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Genocidal']Reviews point to it registering on Steam. Definitely buying this.[/QUOTE]

The Amazon page specifically says "Requires Steam Client to activate."

[quote name='Genocidal']No, but you can buy Steam Wallet gift codes and send them to him. Gamestop and Best Buy sell them, but only in-store.
[/QUOTE]

Argh. Thanks :D I'm overseas :( Trying to get him some money ASAP. Maybe he'll wake up and he can tell me what games he wnats.

New deals are up.

Deus Ex HR
Art Rage
Doom 3 BFG.

Buy Deus Ex, it's amazing. Don't buy Doom 3 BFG. Instead buy regular Doom 3 and mod it. Anyway night guys, kinda bummed out I stayed up 30 extra minutes because I am really tired but oh well. Hopefully in the morning something new comes along I want.

I would advise holding off of buying Rayman Origins on the pc. The list price for the Xbox and Ps3 versions is at 19.99 while the digital pc version is still at 29.99 so I would expect they are going to drop the base price soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back