The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']I logged into DOTA2 the other day and there was some $75 microtransaction pack of junk.

*Edit: Here it is.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected.

BTW, On a compleatly unrelated subject. They aren't kidding about those countdown timers. With about a minute to go, I decided to pick up one of the Operation Flashpoint games (the cheaper one of course). By the time I had added it to my cart and logged into my paypal account and then reached the purchase screen, the countdown clock expired and the price had jumped. I suppose that makes sense, but I had never cut it that close before. So I was somewhat surprised that they didn't give you any grace period if you entered it into your checkout in time.

Probably for the best though. I never would have played it. I only talked myself into it because the deals so far haven't been too enticing.

[quote name='sunghost']ArtRage Studio Pro, just what I wanted. Thanks Steam!!

Which should I vote for? I don't care which game wins.[/QUOTE]

I voted Miasmata since it's on more of my friend's wishlists than the rest. Though I doubt anyone here will bite on any of these at 50% off.

[quote name='Mooby']Next Flash Deal: Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing GOTY Edition[/QUOTE]

I only recently learned that Mavis Beacon wasn't a real person. What a let down. First Santa Claus, then Aunt Jemima and Betty Crocker and now Mavis Beacon.

[quote name='Motoki']I only recently learned that Mavis Beacon wasn't a real person. What a let down. First Santa Claus, then Aunt Jemima and Betty Crocker and now Mavis Beacon.[/QUOTE]

Aunt Jemima isn't real?! NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

[quote name='Motoki']Aunt Jemima[/QUOTE]

i thought her and mavis were the same person. or at least aunt/niece or mother/daughter.

Definitely nothing for me today. I already have the Hitman collection and the older (before 2008) Prince of Persia games. The Natural Selection 2 was the only deal that slightly interested me, but after watching some gameplay I ultimately decided against it.

For the non-dailies however, I'm looking at the Pendulo Adventure Pack. I almost bought it during the Summer sale, but missed the deal.

Edit: And I'll also definitely get the Dungeons of Dredmoor DLC I don't have already. I definitely recommend this game for anyone who doesn't have it yet, it's an addicting rouguelike with a great sense of humor.

[quote name='Preedatore']I voted Miasmata since it's on more of my friend's wishlists than the rest. Though I doubt anyone here will bite on any of these at 50% off.[/QUOTE]

same.

I feel shame just trying to find something to buy. I don't have any of the PoP games but I still don't wanna pay $12 for all of them/

Hahaha, and I was just talking about ArtRage yesterday/the other day. I'm tempted, but...nah.

I haven't heard of any of the 3 games up for a vote, so time to research!

Also, Scribblenauts at 75% off is friggin crazy. I liked the Scribblenauts Remix on the iPhone, so I may bite, especially at that price!

[quote name='kataztrophik']Aunt Jemima isn't real?! NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/QUOTE]

I really wanted to post a funny Aunt Jemima picture as a retort but every time I found one I kept picturing the THAT'S RACIST little boy in my head and he wouldn't stop silently mouthing off until I navigated away from the Jemima pics.

[quote name='Mooby']ArtRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE![/QUOTE]

Actually I could picture it. It would be like a very violent version of Scribblenauts that wasn't cute.

I'd buy it.

[quote name='The End']
lol.

I didn't think it could be done because you can't see the top of his head. Thanks. I'll switch it right now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunasun']thanks, I'll wear it insanely. :drool:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Yay![/QUOTE]

YES! Anyone with actual photoshop can join in if you like.

[quote name='carl7117']how is Deus ex? i have the old one but havent gotten around to playing it[/QUOTE]

The original Deus Ex is one of the best RPG/FPS hybrids of all time and arguably one of the best games of all time. Deus Ex HR is... a reasonably good modern adaptation. Well worth $5. The DLC is forgettable. Missing Link is okay, but it's a separate executable/game that happens at a certain time frame in the first game (just not interwoven into the base game) it's not bad, but only about two or three hours long.

[quote name='Motoki']I really wanted to post a funny Aunt Jemima picture as a retort but every time I found one I kept picturing the THAT'S RACIST little boy in my head and he wouldn't stop silently mouthing off until I navigated away from the Jemima pics.

Actually I could picture it. It would be like a very violent version of Scribblenauts that wasn't cute.

I'd buy it.[/QUOTE]
here you go.
Aunt_Jemima,_AB_Frost.jpg

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Well, it was $5 two years and two months ago. Just sayin...[/QUOTE]

That's when I bought it.

It was great.

[quote name='pantsattack']YES! Anyone with actual photoshop can join in if you like.[/QUOTE]

Awh man. I thought you just bought ArtRage and were using that.

I don't think know if I will buy it during this sale but Miasmata looks quite interesting. Has anyone had a chance to play it?

Also, I might finally bite on a deal for Torchlight 2 this time around. I would really like to play it all of a sudden.

[quote name='mac995555']Rundown of best Hidden deals? I can't go through all this...[/QUOTE]

It's really too early yet. The Winter sale is just under 11 hours old. There's another two weeks of this.

[quote name='travathian']I think I will do a contest.

I need an avatar. You need a free game.

Hop to it.

Contest ends whenever I feel like it.

*avatar must meet CAG requirements, free game will not be Bad Rats, some restrictions apply, residents of Sol system only, must be 22 or older to enter, can't be left handed, void where prohibited by law or brute squads.[/QUOTE]

Reposting!

I was hoping on more publisher packs. I planned on picking up Id complete pack but it looks like they merged that with the bethesda pack, and I'm not going to drop $90.

Doom 3 BFG is 50% off in the flash deal, any chance it might go lower this sale?

I get sad a little bit every time people bash Doom 3 BFG in favor of Doom 3... not that I have any stake in the race, but because I believe Doom 3 BFG is coming for free with the Oculus Rift dev kit. Oh well, Hawken looks great at least...

Pants, can my dog get a Santa hat too? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back