The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pantsattack']The Double Fine pack is $10. Pretty good deal, but I'd be buying Psychonauts for the 4th time. Amazon might come with that deal and individual codes down the line.
[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't have Iron Brigade though, so I don't know if waiting potentially a long time is worthwhile to you to get separate codes. Psychonauts was in HIB5 and I would imagine it may be tough for you to get a decent amount for it if you were to try and resell.

[quote name='hal']It's not just $13 for Darksiders 2... it's the same Franchise Pack that's on Amazon.

- Amazon charges sales tax to many
+ Amazon also includes $5 credit towards Editor's Choice games (I already have 5 or 6 of those though)
+ Amazon gives you an extra copy of one of the DLC and a key for DS if you already own it[/QUOTE]

My only problem with the credits is that they're limited to one per purchase so you can't stack them up, and five dollars off of a $60.00 title isn't anything special.

[quote name='jshackles']Seriously: Darksiders II for $16.99, Franchise pack for $13.59, or everything THQ has on Steam for $24.99? Weird pricing...[/QUOTE]

Amazon has the same pricing. When I went to get the $13.19 deal, the first thing that came up was Darksiders II for $16.99 DD. It really is blowing my mind that Steam's pricing is playing catch up to Amazon.

[quote name='glennfrank']I was interested in the Jack the Ripper one as well. I actually just ended up watching Dodger of Press Heart To Continue's gameplay of the entire game on youtube instead. I enjoy her stuff, so I probably ended up having more fun than actually playing it myself. (I realized after 15 mins of watching that it wasn't really my kind of game).

[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'll watch these videos, and hopefully I'll be able to make a decision.

I also watched some gameplay of I Am Alive, and it looks like it could be an interesting game for me, but also one I can wait to play. Not sure how I feel about the stamina/endurance mechanics yet. 75% off or bust!

As for today's dailies... meh. I have all the FEAR games, Psychonauts, and the only Tom Clancy game I want, and Darksiders II is cheaper over at Amazon. Dishonored is too much money for me right now for a game that'd just be tossed into the backlog.

Like others have already said, come on flash deals! You're my only hope today :p

[quote name='Broken Cage']My only problem with the credits is that they're limited to one per purchase so you can't stack them up, and five dollars off of a $60.00 title isn't anything special. [/QUOTE]
Not sure if you participated in the one they did January of this year, but all the games in the Editor's Choice got discounted at one time or another. They also added a number of games throughout the month. Some of the newer games probably won't get much of a drop and, yeah, $5 isn't going to make it a spectacular deal, but there were quite a few decent games I got for $0-$5.

[quote name='Heavenlywind']
2mo3sqh.jpg
Left one...[/QUOTE]

I love the lion lady.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Any chance Skyrim will go cheaper than $39.99? I missed the $23/28 GOG deal. :([/QUOTE]

Pretty good chance I would say. Wait for a daily deal.

[quote name='Motoki']Out of Curiousity is Ridge Racer Unbound showing on sale for you? It apparently was yesterday but only in the Euro region.

DMC4 is on sale here too though I bought it because 66% off + another 30% off on top of that is surely the lowest it will go, stateside anyhow.[/QUOTE]
Ridge Racer would've been £6.66ish yesterday? So £4.66 or thereabouts after the coupon? Didn't really catch my attention.

Now, Mission Runway on the other hand...

Bedtime.

Picked up Dishonored x2 (also a copy for my brother whom just got home from Afghanistana 'bout 2 weeks ago) at the word of a few of you here. Probably wont get to play it for a few days. I'm at my gf's apt and have my crappy old laptop :( Looking forward to it :D

[quote name='Flowette']Ridge Racer would've been £6.66ish yesterday? So £4.66 or thereabouts after the coupon? Didn't really catch my attention.

Now, Project Runway on the other hand...[/QUOTE]

Ridge Racer is $50 at GMG for us in the US. :cry: Somehow the fact that I know it is drastically cheaper elsewhere makes me want it even though I'll probably not play it much...

Of course it cannot compare to the fabulousness of Mission Runway, however.

[quote name='Palinn']How is the game play of Orcs 2 compared to the first one? More of the same? New and improved? The Orcs 2 Complete Pack is also 75% off at $6.24 which I am thinking about getting since I already have the first pack.[/QUOTE]

Feels like more of the same. Then again I haven't played co-op on either so its a little bland atm. I like TD games tho.

[quote name='Blade']Tom Clancy Franchise is cheaper if you buy them all individually. Who doesn't already own Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell game, anyway?[/QUOTE]

Me, at least on Steam. I might get AW & Vegas tho, both are two of my favorite next-gen shooters when I ran 360. Vegas MP was amazing, never tried to sequels to both so $2.50 is looking good. Horrible price for Future Soldier tho.

[quote name='pjb16']Do the older splinter cell games still hold up well graphically on pc?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Even in the original one you can edit the edit the text file setting custom resolutions, very high shadows, textures, and models.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Any chance Skyrim will go cheaper than $39.99? I missed the $23/28 GOG deal. :([/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain it will be a daily or flash deal. I would expect $20-$30.

[quote name='Palinn']Stop that. Right now.[/QUOTE]

Too bad you aren't my Steam friend (or at least under that name you aren't). You would have had a special 'gift' by now if you were...

Last edited by a moderator:
What would you recommend me in the Tom Clancy category? I'm planning to buy "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Elite Echelon Edition".

[quote name='bloodling']What would you recommend me in the Tom Clancy category? I'm planning to buy "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Elite Echelon Edition".[/QUOTE]

If you don't have any of them that's a great buy.

[quote name='Mooby']Atrocity![/QUOTE]

Atrociousosity!

Today feels like a good day for to pop a Revelations 2012 cherry. I'm coming for you guys later. :lol:

Edit: and why is Hinterland no longer on sale?! It was 75% off yesterday.

[quote name='hal']It's not just $13 for Darksiders 2... it's the same Franchise Pack that's on Amazon.

- Amazon charges sales tax to many
+ Amazon also includes $5 credit towards Editor's Choice games (I already have 5 or 6 of those though)
+ Amazon gives you an extra copy of one of the DLC and a key for DS if you already own it[/QUOTE]

+Amazon gives you individuals keys, So I don't have to waste the Darksiders I already have in my library.

[quote name='Teeheehee']I'm pretty sure they're doing just fine.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Flowette']Atrociousosity!

Today feels like a good day for to pop a Revelations 2012 cherry. I'm coming for you guys later. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think they should be handing out Revelations 2012 for free today.

Mostly because I still don't have it.

[quote name='mac995555']This sale has been piss fucking poor. Thanksgiving sale was better then this atrocity.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Atrocity![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Flowette']Atrociousosity![/QUOTE]

I+say+games+SHOULD+be+free+to+download+as+we+_a251585f60adf3dad4ca04361a53e1b3.jpg

[quote name='hollowfreak']+Amazon gives you individuals keys, So I don't have to waste the Darksiders I already have in my library.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Amazon has really been impressing me this year with their sales, Tony's general awesomeness and responsiveness, and overall willingness to price match when possible. The clincher is what you said; having individual keys so that I don't override/waste things I already have in my library.

I feel deeply robbed that I paid $1.19 for RACE: WTCC when I could have paid 89¢ for RACE 07 which "...also features the full WTCC season of 2006 which was included in the games predecessor RACE - The WTCC Game"

You won this round, Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back