The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flowette']BREAKING NEWS: The introduction to Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken has a really awesome song to it.

The game itself? Not played it. I thought we just came here to talk about 2 minute experiences?[/QUOTE]

Youtube link or it didn't happen. :cool:

[quote name='Flowette']Atrociousosity!

Today feels like a good day for to pop a Revelations 2012 cherry. I'm coming for you guys later. :lol:

Edit: and why is Hinterland no longer on sale?! It was 75% off yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I never saw it at 75%. I added it to my wishlist before the sale, then checked it when the sale went live and no discount. Checked later in evening and still nothing.

[quote name='Severose']Figured I'd join the party.

Still up for a Revelations 2012 session tomorrow. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm game. You might want to check the keybinds first, esp scope (M3) and seconday shot (M5). I checked a walthough, and it seems like the Blades of Time section I dropped out of I did in the hardest way possible (and it was a blast) and I was three qucik button presses from a checkpoint =D. I look forward to doing it again =).

[quote name='Motoki']First we had Mooby's cousin and now Cheaplikeafox's fat uncle.

image.php
[/QUOTE]

Actually that's Mooby's mom. The other one I'd seen on Jenny Craig as Fox's "before" picture. ^_^

[quote name='Motoki']First we had Mooby's cousin and now Cheaplikeafox's fat uncle.

image.php
[/QUOTE]

My first thought is that it looks like Jon St. John the day after some heavy partying.

[quote name='TheLongshot']My first thought is that it looks like Jon St. John the day after some heavy partying.[/QUOTE]

That is... surprisingly accurate.

Also, Penny Aracade Episode 3 is $2. Doubt it will go much cheaper, but the cheap ass part of me is waiting til the last day of the sale to grab it anyway.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Is Sands of Time the best PoP game? I don't see myself getting the franchise but one of them yes.[/QUOTE]

Without having played the '08 reboot or the Forgotten Sands, of the original trilogy, Sands of Time is the best. It has the best story, the Prince is the most charming (he gets kind of hostile later on), and for me it was the least frustrating (the chariot segments in Two Thrones can be very irritating). My order would be Sands of Time, Two Thrones, and Warrior Within, if I had to rate the trilogy.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Without having played the '08 reboot or the Forgotten Sands, of the original trilogy, Sands of Time is the best. It has the best story, the Prince is the most charming (he gets kind of hostile later on), and for me it was the least frustrating (the chariot segments in Two Thrones can be very irritating). My order would be Sands of Time, Two Thrones, and Warrior Within, if I had to rate the trilogy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I have the reboot on xbl when it was on sale for $5 so I'll just get sands of time for now. If I really like it I can get more in the summer.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Is Sands of Time the best PoP game? I don't see myself getting the franchise but one of them yes.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say; I think all 5 are good, though Sands of Time is probably the best choice to start with.

[quote name='Scenttii']Is anyone else sort of disappointed with how the Steam sales are turning out? They're nothing like previous sales and they only have a couple of them being offered at a time.[/QUOTE]
Funny, I'd say they're exactly like previous sales.

[quote name='dfg']What the hell. I'll get in on this holiday avatar spirit too.[/QUOTE]

That is the best avatar change ever. :lol:

[quote name='dfg']What the hell. I'll get in on this holiday avatar spirit too.[/QUOTE]

Well that is just completely......subtle. Bravo!

What! I can't believe they removed dancing in Rev2012. And the AI is pretty braindead, with your teammates not doing much, and the enemies just zombieing into you, in serious sam numbers but source engine gun mechanics (poor shooting). I played 2 chapters of the first campaign and I don't want to go back unless coop is better (but no dancing!).

[quote name='zillionandnine']Thank you! I'll watch these videos, and hopefully I'll be able to make a decision.

I also watched some gameplay of I Am Alive, and it looks like it could be an interesting game for me, but also one I can wait to play. Not sure how I feel about the stamina/endurance mechanics yet. 75% off or bust!

[/QUOTE]

Not a problem! She's cool & funny and was entertaining throughout - and she is a huge Sherlock Holmes nerd. She also does a very decent gaming news show on the same channel with very little filler that I watch a few times a week.

I Am Alive - like I said earlier - I liked it a lot more when I used the trainer and turned off the stamina/endurance degradation. Like others said though, the ending is rather weak.

[quote name='plft']What! I can't believe they removed dancing in Rev2012. And the AI is pretty braindead, with your teammates not doing much, and the enemies just zombieing into you, in serious sam numbers but source engine gun mechanics (poor shooting). I played 2 chapters of the first campaign and I don't want to go back unless coop is better (but no dancing!).[/QUOTE]

This makes me sad. Perhaps we need a third party mod that adds Gangnum Style

Whee!

[quote name='Necrotron']Patience is a virtue for a CAG. Whenever I get the urge to spend money on a new game, I just nuzzle my warm cozy backlog and let it soothe all my woes.[/QUOTE]

S'funny, I usually picture my backlog as a bitter, rejected, spiteful S.O. who occasionally spits in my face.

[quote name='plft']What! I can't believe they removed dancing in Rev2012. And the AI is pretty braindead, with your teammates not doing much, and the enemies just zombieing into you, in serious sam numbers but source engine gun mechanics (poor shooting). I played 2 chapters of the first campaign and I don't want to go back unless coop is better (but no dancing!).[/QUOTE]

Srsly. Co-op is better, insomuch as your mental anguish is spread across 3 other people. The worst thing is the key config page still has a Dance assignment; it just doesn't work.

[quote name='Charlie2688']Can anyone confirm if both the new Prince of Persia (2008) and Mirrors Edge work on Win 7 (32 bits)?[/QUOTE]

I remember playing Prince of Persia 2008 on my windows 7 32 bit machine with no issues, not sure on Mirror's Edge. I don't see why there would be a problem anyway, it's not like either are a legacy title or anything.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Hey the Darksiders bundle. Is it missing any DLC from Darksiders II?[/QUOTE]

I dont think so. It seems like any DLC that wasnt included is included in the season pass. I do know there was some DLC in the CE edition, DLC if you made a THQ account before a certain date and a free armor set if you logged into the game during a certain week or two period. If any of that was released later as regular DLC, I am not sure

New Flash Deals... Y's Origin looks good for $4.99

Weird stuff is going on... all six Flash Deals move around between the two groups if you refresh. Expiration times are changing too... wtf

[quote name='hal']New Flash Deals... Y's Origin looks good for $4.99[/QUOTE]
Oath in Felghana included as a secret flash.

[quote name='hal']New Flash Deals... Y's Origin looks good for $4.99

Weird stuff is going on... all six Flash Deals move around between the two groups if you refresh. Expiration times are changing too... wtf[/QUOTE]

o it is.

The Ys games are great. Totally recommended.

Gary's Mod as a Flash deal... waste of a spot.

That seems to be the trend this sale. Also, Grimrock is great but is available as a "Beat the Average" on the current Humble Bundle. So for me, this also feels like a waste of a spot.

No more dancing in Revelations 2012? Why you gotta do us like that Revelations? Why why whyyyyy!

[quote name='hal']New Flash Deals... Y's Origin looks good for $4.99[/QUOTE]

I like it and think it's worth it if you want a decent sort of updated retro style action rpg.

[quote name='plft']Oath in Felghana included as a secret flash.[/QUOTE]

Why does secret flash sound kind of dirty to me?

Anyway I recommend Oath too but I think I slightly prefer Origins both are quite good though.

Click in the red box to make it snow on Steam! The more you click, the more it snows.

0GNEI.png

[quote name='jshackles']Challenge accepted!

5ShfL.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:applause:

I'll have some of that Christmas cheer.

Pondering torchlight 2 over here, but might just wait for $5.

[quote name='INCyr']Surprised there's not a FEAR Franchise pack. Not that I probably would have picked it up anyway, but I thought they had done that in the past for that series.[/QUOTE]
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12357/?snr=1_614_615_wintersale2012fearfranchise_616

I've played it through at least 3 times. The fighting is a little bit of a hassle compared to the fun of the rest of it, but I'd sure recommend it.

[quote name='jshackles']The Ys games are great. Totally recommended.
[/QUOTE]
How do they compare to each other? Is Felghana the one to get if you're just getting one? I hope so, since it's cheaper.

Pfft...wake me when Hitman Absolution is 75% off not interested in 50% when Amazon is alredy cheaper by $5 lmaoo.

Gonna watch Diesel Dongs 22, check back later tonite.

[quote name='stupidproz1']I remember playing Prince of Persia 2008 on my windows 7 32 bit machine with no issues, not sure on Mirror's Edge. I don't see why there would be a problem anyway, it's not like either are a legacy title or anything.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering because Ubisoft and EA have been very specific with the whole XP or Vista ONLY, and I remember people mentioning it a few years back and also looking at STEAMS Community Hub how people are commenting that the games either continuously crash or wont launch at all :/

I can wholeheartedly recommend Ys -- if it looks interesting to you.

[quote name='dfg']S'funny, I usually picture my backlog as a bitter, rejected, spiteful S.O. who occasionally spits in my face.

Srsly. Co-op is better, insomuch as your mental anguish is spread across 3 other people. The worst thing is the key config page still has a Dance assignment; it just doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

I feel like my backlog is a a needy S.O. who's constantly trying to make me feel like a bad person when my attentions are elsewhere.

>.< I just don't see how they could do that. I am sure that everyone who bought Rev 2012 after seeing youtube wants to /dance more than anything else in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back