The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chapnis']Are you gonna split and sell the second or sell it as a whole?[/QUOTE]

nope. one for myself and one for brother. will probably sell skyrim though since i already have that

Holy crap and I thought buying the Elder Scrolls Collection 75% off from GG this morning was a good deal. Can't believe I missed out on the entire Bethesda pack for only $4 more, all because I started playing Skyrim.

[quote name='MC Kage']Really wish they'd bring back the GTA Pack that people were talking about. I'll probably end up getting VC for $2.50 tho. San Andreas is a shit port...[/QUOTE]
what is so bad about it? the controls? i think a $5 price tag would justify that for me

[quote name='Syntax Error']Somewhere, some poor bastard is trying to buy a copy of Deus Ex from GamersGate and crying because they can't figure out why it just won't happen...[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='Syntax Error']Somewhere, some poor bastard is trying to buy a copy of Deus Ex from GamersGate and crying because they can't figure out why it just won't happen...[/QUOTE]
LMAO.

[quote name='carl7117']what is so bad about it? the controls? i think a $5 price tag would justify that for me[/QUOTE]
yep. tried using a 360 controller and I miss using triggers to drive lol. Camera almost intolerable too. It was $3.75 on Amazon during the Autumn sales

Anyone looking for just the fallouts, send me a PM.

I'm hoping to have two extra packs that I'll sell at cost too, but I'll let you all know!

Edit:

I have 2 extra packs. I'll sell them for $30 a piece. PM me.

Edit again:

Both packs are gone. Good luck to everyone else!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='carl7117']does that bethesda pack include the old fallout games? i know that they were by a different company but just asking[/QUOTE]

Nah, I wish, I really need those but they won't drop below 66%

[quote name='carl7117']does that bethesda pack include the old fallout games? i know that they were by a different company but just asking[/QUOTE]

No, just 3 GOTY and NV:UE.

No. Bethesda doesn't own them.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Nah, I wish, I really need those but they won't drop below 66%[/QUOTE]

...and Skyrim won't go below 75% off. :rofl:

I've got a Bethesda bundle in the cart at the right price, but realized I have apparently never used Gamersgate or gotten an account before.... this is gonna be fun :S

lol ordered the Bethesda pack at work, and generated (and gifted to a friend of mine) keys for all of the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, now I'm home and I can't get keys for the rest of the games. :(

I am so jealous of everyone right now.

I have been trying for an hour now and still keep hanging up when I click confirm.

UGH!!!!!

All I really want is Dishonored and Hunted for ~$10

[quote name='sunghost']To those trying to register an account.. get ready for GamersGate hell.. lol[/QUOTE]

It's hell but not impossible. After a half hour and 17 copies of the same verification emails later my account was activated.

[quote name='sunghost']To those trying to register an account.. get ready for GamersGate hell.. lol[/QUOTE]

It won't even let me log in.

I was logging in originally but now it wont let me and says that they can't find the user data at the moment.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Wooohooo!!!! It finally went through![/QUOTE]

Congrats. Have fun getting your keys. I've been trying for about an hour now and I've only managed to get 4 of them.

At least we got it though. That was the hardest part.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Damn I have 3 Bethesda packs in my cart... Now to try and register and account : / haha[/QUOTE]

Don't even try buying 3. 2 is the max you can buy. Or at least I thought it was.

[quote name='nosferatu51']I've got a Bethesda bundle in the cart at the right price, but realized I have apparently never used Gamersgate or gotten an account before.... this is gonna be fun :S[/QUOTE]

you and me both!

I'm barely loading the page to the pack itself, let alone buying it or registering an account or checking out. Stuck on post buy button click right now.

At least I'm actually seeing the page now, so that's an improvement from before.

[quote name='BrolyB593']It won't even let me log in.

I was logging in originally but now it wont let me and says that they can't find the user data at the moment.[/QUOTE]

This does not fill me with confidence.

Sweet, I finally got it to go through.
Thought I was going to miss another amazing deal.
Now to figure out what games to ditch and what to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back