The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aa.jetta']I have 2 bundles stuck in my cart. Afraid of removing one :([/QUOTE]

I had two bundles in my cart at one point, but when I finally got to the checkout page it said I needed to be a level 2 member to buy more than one copy of the bundle

[quote name='Blade']Err...my order history says I bought 8 packs. Very interesting...[/QUOTE]

If you did, I'm sure you can make a profit on every one of them. Isn't the steam sale price $90?

[quote name='MysterD']I'm only missing Rogue Warrior and DOOM 3 BFG Edition.

Hmmmm....I know everyone bought this bundle just for the Rogue Warrior Credits Song (Ft. Mickey Rourke). ;)[/QUOTE]
I might have to push that onto the top of my backlog if that is true. Screw Dishonored that I just snagged from GG, Rogue Warrior it is!

[quote name='Blade']Err...my order history says I bought 8 packs. Very interesting...[/QUOTE]

Do you have the link to order history? I can't find it in all this mess.

ok, weird. I never got the verification email for registration, but apparently I'm already logged in, so I'm trying to add the pack back into the cart now.

I finally got one despite it still timing out on the PayPal screen. Now it's just a matter of getting my keys and then seeing if I want to go through with my other two orders.

[quote name='plft']I might have to push that onto the top of my backlog if that is true. Screw Dishonored that I just snagged from GG, Rogue Warrior it is![/QUOTE]

It's easy enough to find on Youtube. ;)

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']For those of you that got it to go through... did you see this message that other people got

"This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information." Did you keep refreshing to make it finally work, or was there another loophole to get it to work?[/QUOTE]

No, I get as far as Paypal select payment method, then "Continue, you'll confirm purchase on next page".

After an hour of this, I still haven't seen a new page, but I did just get an email from Paypal, stating that I paid Gamersgate.

Fingers crossed. No email or page loads from GG

Best of luck!

[quote name='LazyTriangle']the sale page won't load for me anymore, even the home page isn't loading either

looks like someone at GG finally woke up and did this
SHUT_DOWN_EVERYTHING_by_BrunowskiSigs.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yup, same for me.

[quote name='Mooby']Man now I feel like a dunce for buying $10 Skyrim![/QUOTE]

Makes me happy I only manged to snag a $10 Diablo 3 on that M$ sale.

[quote name='griffinup']If you guys are felling lucky, you can use coupon code IAMANELDERGEEK for an extra 5% off. Got this from the SD thread, so credit goes to them.[/QUOTE]

Not SD. Gamersgate thread here. Check my sig.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Haha... even as the server slowly claws its way through a hundred-thousand simultaneous buy requests, my souls screams "You could be betting 5% off this if you bought blue coins first!"[/QUOTE]

For the average CAG better to get the pack than risk it for a buck and change. For terminally CAG it's a matter of self respect (and fear of humiliation on the forums).

[quote name='Arben']I'm with the 2nd quote for now. I still haven't finished Torchlight 1. Every so often, I go back, figure out how my character works again, and then do a couple very similar levels where I'm assaulting renowned Giant Spiders in their homes while they're trying to have dinner or something until I'm reasonably sure I'm actually the villain, and then put it down for a few months.[/QUOTE]

Torchlight 2 is way better than Torchlight 1. Unless you're really in the swing of things in TL1, I'd recommend skipping it at this point. Also TL2 has co-op, if that appeals to you.

[quote name='MC Kage']Really wish they'd bring back the GTA Pack that people were talking about. I'll probably end up getting VC for $2.50 tho. San Andreas is a shit port...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='carl7117']what is so bad about it? the controls? i think a $5 price tag would justify that for me[/QUOTE]
[quote name='MC Kage']yep. tried using a 360 controller and I miss using triggers to drive lol. Camera almost intolerable too. It was $3.75 on Amazon during the Autumn sales[/QUOTE]

GTA:VC & SA were released on PS2 which didn't have triggers. They play even better on the PC (even w/o mods @ 800x600). I'm suprised and happy to hear it works with a 360 pad, that's some backporting. They supported DirectInput at release (Rumbepad 2/F510).

[quote name='Syntax Error']I wonder if this site will work in Lynx. Would cut down on the load times :lol:[/QUOTE]

Just turn off image auto loading. Images aren't the main load factor here though, I can report.

[quote name='MC Kage']I'm glad I bought OMD1 GOTY on GG a few weeks back, that's when I registered my account.[/QUOTE]

This is really setting apart the regular CAGs (who already have GG accounts and are used to how they work / have payment issues sorted out) from the seasonal CAGs.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Does refreshing that paypal link charge you multiple times or something? I'm worried since my history with PP has not been good.[/QUOTE]

Refreshing did not. I kept an eye on my paypal emails.

[quote name='Blade']I was given an order number but my Paypal account was never charged. No emails from either site. :([/QUOTE]

Quick tip on seeing if it went through, visit https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/orderdetails/### where the last number (###) would be the number at https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/### which is also your GG order id.

You can see it in your GG library at http://www.gamersgate.com/account/games

[quote name='jshackles']Obviously, this will be the "Winter Sale" sale to remember! Sadly, not from Steam.[/QUOTE]

If I recall, it was the same thing last Christmas. That was the first time Amazon realized they needed to compete with Steam if they wanted to be a serious digital distributor. I know last year, I purchased roughly the same amount of games from deals on Amazon as I did on Steam, if not more.

Now GamersGate and GMG, and to some extent Origin, have been getting more serious about their deals as well.

You know, I have so much else to play, I actually don't mind waiting for the game to be ten dollars through the Steam store a year from now. I'm not going to work myself to death over this one.

[quote name='Cantatus']If I recall, it was the same thing last Christmas. That was the first time Amazon realized they needed to compete with Steam if they wanted to be a serious digital distributor. I know last year, I purchased roughly the same amount of games from deals on Amazon as I did on Steam, if not more.

Now GamersGate and GMG, and to some extent Origin, have been getting more serious about their deals as well.[/QUOTE]

I don't think GamersGate is getting serious about deals, I think it's having some serious issues and price glitches.

[quote name='dodgeme']Appears to be dead. Getting an invalid product SKU when I try to add. Guess I missed out on that.....[/QUOTE]

Site is still not loading here.

Guys, i just got the gamersgate bethesda pack to go through on my phone like 45 mins ago. Thanks for the heads up and try with your phones. Also thanks to the bro who made me a xmas forum pic, looks totally dope.

I went crazy on the checkout button once because I had the impression that it would load faster that way. ;) Went through Paypal checkout four times, but I only have one confirmation. For those guys who said they'd buy a pack, I'll let you know if I managed to actually get more than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back