The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']Yes you can gift it to your own email. I have done that once when I bought something as a gift by accident.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Motoki! Now if I can just get the gift page to complete sending it ;)

[quote name='travathian']lol, my CC company just called concerning fraud on my card. Nope, no fraud, just smashing F5 too much![/QUOTE]

Uh excuse me sir. We just got 342 authorization requests from the UK on your account...

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif
[/QUOTE]

I hate you :p, been trying for over an hour with no luck, I once got to the paypal page and I thought I had it, but instead it went to the gamersgate home page T_T

Games I am willing to part with:

Oblivion
Hunted
Fallout New Vegas: UE
Fallout 3: GOTY
Brink Complete

I'm accepting offers, and generally looking for about $3.50 a piece. (Maybe $4 for New Vegas, and I would probably give Brink up for a dollar).

This seemed like a way more relevant place to post this than the trade thread at this moment in time.

I got a confirmation email of the order...
This is a receipt to confirm your order with GamersGate. The order will be processed as soon as your payment is confirmed...
but the site never directed me to the Paypal page. What do I do from here?

Screw this. I'm tired of trying to get my last few keys. I'm gonna go down to the store before they close to get some Chocolate Ice Cream to make a milkshake.

[quote name='Meeza']I hate you :p, been trying for over an hour with no luck, I once got to the paypal page and I thought I had it, but instead it went to the gamersgate home page T_T[/QUOTE]

Happened to me like 6 times bro. Took 2 and a half hours. You gotta keep trying. Don't give up!

[quote name='Eldredpe']I would probably give Brink up for a dollar).
[/QUOTE]

I'm debating even activating Brink to my account and I normally activate everything like even Bad Rats and Mission Runway.

Paypal account shows a completed transaction. Can't get to GamersGate for confirmation, but some of you said that the Paypal transaction is a good indication? No emails yet.

[quote name='dejeckt']I got a confirmation email of the order...
This is a receipt to confirm your order with GamersGate. The order will be processed as soon as your payment is confirmed...
but the site never directed me to the Paypal page. What do I do from here?[/QUOTE]
I had the same thing happen to me. There is a link that is provided in that email on what to do next but I haven't got it to load after about 15 minutes of waiting.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Games I am willing to part with:

Oblivion
Hunted
Fallout New Vegas: UE
Fallout 3: GOTY
Brink Complete

I'm accepting offers, and generally looking for about $3.50 a piece. (Maybe $4 for New Vegas, and I would probably give Brink up for a dollar).

This seemed like a way more relevant place to post this than the trade thread at this moment in time.[/QUOTE]
Any game/games you want on Steam for all of those (except Oblivion)?

[quote name='bantheradio']I had the same thing happen to me. There is a link that is provided in that email on what to do next but I haven't got it to load after about 15 minutes of waiting.[/QUOTE]

Same happened here.

but the site never directed me to the Paypal page. What do I do from here?[/QUOTE]

I've got this too, but I don't know what to do, never passed through the paypal web.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']My god, the most difficult task is still ahead. Actually getting the codes before the server shuts down.

Challenge accepted.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so we need to snatch the Steam Keys before they renege?

Well, I think that how the winter sale started and also ended for me. I doubt I will jump on any other deal because of >500h of gameplay added to my backlog. Cheers guys, it was fun.

So when does the summer sale starts?

[quote name='Estbarul']I've got this too, but I don't know what to do, never passed through the paypal web.[/QUOTE]

If you can get the page up with order details it gives you the option to complete payment. Now to get that page to go.

[quote name='Estbarul']I've got this too, but I don't know what to do, never passed through the paypal web.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bantheradio']I had the same thing happen to me. There is a link that is provided in that email on what to do next but I haven't got it to load after about 15 minutes of waiting.[/QUOTE]

My guess is keep trying to refresh that payment confirmation page? I checked through PayPals site if somehow I was able to finish my purchase from there. When a site links you to paypal, how does the url look?

*edit* this should be the link for the payment, got my page to load and the next url is...
http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/ ###

[quote name='dodgeme']Same happened here.[/QUOTE]
Finally got that page to load and there is a link to complete or change payment. Upon clicking "complete payment", the page keeps timing out.

I can't get any of gamersgate to load. :(

If anyone happens to get an extra though, I'd love to buy it off you. I'd even pay a couple bucks extra!

[quote name='The End']Over on Slickdeals they're saying that it no longer comes with steam keys for Morrowind, Oblivion & Fallout 3. I got my keys for those about an hour ago and I was able to redeem with no problem. So I don't know if this is a recent development, or if they just don't know what the hell they're talking about.

If anybody who bought within the past 30 minutes is trying to get their keys now, would the mind check those games first?
[/QUOTE]

I was able to activate Morrowood eight minutes ago, and I just activated Fallout 3. There are still keys for now.

Edit: And now Oblivion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since many have gotten a couple packs as discussed in the thread the only game I needed was Dishonoured if anyone has a code they want to offload reasonably shoot me a message.

I checked out seven times and only got one bundle so far. Now I'm giving up.

I'll check GG tomorrow and see if the keys are still there. If they aren't, or if I was charged and the games aren't added to my account, shit'll go down in the Paypal dispute center. ;)

For you guys asking if we can sell extra keys most of us probably will but keep in mind we are having a very difficult time just getting the damned things in the first place right now.

[quote name='travathian']I wonder if someone started a rumor on Slickdeals in order to get people to not try? lol[/QUOTE]

For not getting a Steam key on games that are like 5 and 10 years old and have been on sale for $5? that won't discourage anyone. Skyrim or Dishonored alone are pretty much worth the price of the pack.

[quote name='Motoki']For you guys asking if we can sell extra keys most of us probably will but keep in mind we are having a very difficult time just getting the damned things in the first place right now.[/QUOTE]

This right here. The war zone right now is real bad.

Thanks guys, going to try to make the payment and all.

If I bought this, I have the steam keys secured or they can expire or something?

Well I think I've had enough refreshing for tonight. I haven't got a single gamersgate page to load in 45 minutes. If anyone sees fit to part with a key for Skyrim, I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

[quote name='Mooby']Brink had some good concepts -- pity it was crap.[/QUOTE]

It was the AI I couldn't stand. Always perfect grenades, incredible damage, and pinpoint accuracy. Even in multiplayer games, whatever team had more AI players usually won.

[quote name='Detruire']I'm starting to get worried that I won't get any keys. :'([/QUOTE]

Me too. I figure I had better activate at least one game from each pack but man I am having difficulties generating a single key.

[quote name='Motoki']For you guys asking if we can sell extra keys most of us probably will but keep in mind we are having a very difficult time just getting the damned things in the first place right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

I picked an awesome time to run out and take care of some errands. I'd gladly buy complete packs of both Bethesda and Stardock, given that I only have Fallout 3 and Rage from them.

Sigh.

Assuming any of these actually go through, someone shoot me a private message. Hopefully someone that got extras of both packs.

Well, that's what I get for going out for food so late.

I have a $35 Paypal or Steam games offer for anyone that was able to get an extra pack, just PM.

Still F5 at the speed of light tho.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Did anybody else's total end up being like $31 after conversion fees? I thought it was supposed to be $28.[/QUOTE]

It's only $28 if you're using USD and Paypal. There's another payment method that cost more. You shouldn't have sales tax or conversion fees unless you're paying from another country.

[quote name='Estbarul']Thanks guys, going to try to make the payment and all.

If I bought this, I have the steam keys secured or they can expire or something?[/QUOTE]
I have the same question. Everything seems to be in order but I'd rather wait until the site cools down before going for the keys, plus I still have to decide which ones I'd like to keep and which I'm up for trading.

Finally got the page to load after clicking on the link provided in the email. It is the link following "To check the status of your payment, go to Payment Status in your account." in the email.

Once GamersGate finally loaded, there were two links that were for "Complete Payment" or "Change Payment". Since I had selected PayPal before hand, I selected "Complete Payment". It took eons for PayPal to load but I finally completed my payment and got a receipt for the purchase.

Now I'm waiting on GamersGate to load to get my keys like everyone else seems to be doing.

Aside from the long load times, I cannot even begin to express my excitement. Best. Deal. Ever.

I've tried Paypal so many times, I think at this point I'll just come back at 3am and take the risk to get through then.

Just a reminder, I'll pay $15 for Dishonored.

Good lord I am completely exhausted! Finally got my paypal email after refreshing the order confirmation link for three and a half days. Good thing I don't have to work tomorrow. I'll need the day to get my keys.

Thanks for the initial deal and all of the following tips fellow CAGS!

Well looks like I finally managed to get charged for the bundle, now to see if I can actually get the keys for it, GamersGate ROUND 2 BEGIN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back