The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']I'm debating even activating Brink to my account and I normally activate everything like even Bad Rats and Mission Runway.[/QUOTE]

It's so terrible. I assume the pack has been priced thusly in order to make up for saddling buyers with such a poor game.

According to paypal managed to secure 2 of these. If anyone wants one at cost feel free to send me a PM. Obviously not going to make you pay until I know I have keys in my account ready to go.

EDIT: Inundated with PMs. Safe to say my extra will be spoken for.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MC Kage']LMAO.

yep. tried using a 360 controller and I miss using triggers to drive lol. Camera almost intolerable too. It was $3.75 on Amazon during the Autumn sales[/QUOTE]

There is a 3rd party app that customizes controller settings. I used it to have the triggers doing the gas and brake like they should. I also swapped out to a different set for bike control. A bit of a pain, but better than trying to play with the default controls.

[quote name='Motoki']Me too. I figure I had better activate at least one game from each pack but man I am having difficulties generating a single key.[/QUOTE]
I'm having problems getting any page to load, and tbh I'd rather have a refund than miss any Steam keys. :whistle2:(

[quote name='bantheradio']Finally got the page to load after clicking on the link provided in the email. It is the link following "To check the status of your payment, go to Payment Status in your account." in the email.

Once GamersGate finally loaded, there were two links that were for "Complete Payment" or "Change Payment". Since I had selected PayPal before hand, I selected "Complete Payment". It took eons for PayPal to load but I finally completed my payment and got a receipt for the purchase.

Now I'm waiting on GamersGate to load to get my keys like everyone else seems to be doing.

Aside from the long load times, I cannot even begin to express my excitement. Best. Deal. Ever.[/QUOTE]

Went to the paypal section, logged on and everything, but it went down when I tried to submit my payment.

Seems they ran away from F:NV codes. Haven't received one despite clicking twice on "show serial key" on fully loaded game sites. Uh. Dishonored keys also depleted.

For you guys that got the keys do you have any tips? I have like 32 tabs in Chrome and they all say Oops! except for this one.

[quote name='Arben']It's so terrible. I assume the pack has been priced thusly in order to make up for saddling buyers with such a poor game.[/QUOTE]
If it's so bad that no one else wants it, why wouldn't you activate it? It's +1 to your game count. :hot:

Can't believe I actually got it. Well 2, when I finally got to the checkout screen it said I had 2 of them and I wasn't about to fight it to get rid of one. Little more fighting I finally got paypal receipt. wow

Funniest/saddest part is I own nearly all of them and the ones I don't are the crap ones mostly (Doom 3 BFG, Brink, Rogue Warrior lol)

Okay, I have to go to work so gamersgate can go to hell. If anyone has extras I'd like to buy either pack, just send me a message! Thanks!

[quote name='Detruire']I'm having problems getting any page to load, and tbh I'd rather have a refund than miss any Steam keys. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Same. F5!

[quote name='KaOTiK']Can't believe I actually got it. Well 2, when I finally got to the checkout screen it said I had 2 of them and I wasn't about to fight it to get rid of one. Little more fighting I finally got paypal receipt. wow

Funniest/saddest part is I own nearly all of them and the ones I don't are the crap ones mostly (Doom 3 BFG, Brink, Rogue Warrior lol)[/QUOTE]

I'd gladly buy a D3 key from you.

[quote name='Motoki']For you guys that got the keys do you have any tips? I have like 32 tabs in Chrome and they all say Oops! except for this one.[/QUOTE]

It's based on how popular the game is, and a bit of luck. Tried for 10 minutes to get DOOM 3 BFG, same with Dishonored. But when I opened the Brink page, it loaded up first try...

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Wow... ordered it about an hour and a half ago... still no email confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Are there actually any games in that pack that you don't have? Heh. ;)

[quote name='Motoki']Are there actually any games in that pack that you don't have? Heh. ;)[/QUOTE]

Dishonored and BFG Edition

I need it... sale withdrawal is starting

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Wow... ordered it about an hour and a half ago... still no email confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Doesnt matter, if your method of payment went through, just go right to your games library to get your codes. If your library is empty . . . :(

I'll have some spare keys once i actually get my keys.... I'm waiting to get them before I start messaging people. Games are in my library but I can't seem to get the page to load to get the keys yet. Persistance is a vertue.

Meh I give up I got the confirmation email can't get to the log in page for paypal just times out. Although I need to confirm my email but sadly can't.

Im mostly waiting on dishonoured due to a barrage of DLC that may hit it, Bethesda did just finally release dlc for one of my favs, RAGE. Probably hold out for a dishonoured goty or something.

[quote name='travathian']Doesnt matter, if your method of payment went through, just go right to your games library to get your codes. If your library is empty . . . :([/QUOTE]

No, no confirmation to confirm that I even checked out before Paypal. Therefore, I have no paypal link to pay within the email. When I try to pay with Paypal through my account, the payment gets denied.

[quote name='carl7117']dammit bioshock?? really?? who doesnt have that game already??[/QUOTE]
I fully anticipate a deal on the GTA Franchise later in this sale. Seems to always pop up during their seasonal sales.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Where is GG located exactly? Wonder what time it is there?[/QUOTE]
Sweden. My timezone. 4:33am right now.

So I'm assuming that everyone who bought the pack sees the games in their library but are having trouble getting the keys to load on the individual game pages. This is where I'm at and I'm dreadfully worried that the reasons why I bought this pack (Dishonored and Skyrim) won't have keys.

[quote name='Estbarul']So, anyone can confirm there´s still steam keys available? I just got to confirm the payment.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK Dishonored and Skyrim are both Steamworks, so it doesn't matter if GG runs out of keys right now, as they will need to get more in order to satisfy your order. Just pay, get what keys you can and hold out for the rest.

[quote name='bantheradio']So I'm assuming that everyone who bought the pack sees the games in their library but are having trouble getting the keys to load on the individual game pages. This is where I'm at and I'm dreadfully worried that the reasons why I bought this pack (Dishonored and Skyrim) won't have keys.[/QUOTE]

I've managed to retrieve 1 of my dishonored and skyrim keys thus far, working on the second one of those

[quote name='Blade']It's only $28 if you're using USD and Paypal. There's another payment method that cost more. You shouldn't have sales tax or conversion fees unless you're paying from another country.[/QUOTE]

I paid by paypal with a credit card. Guess I messed something up, :whistle2:/

[quote name='gilby']There is a 3rd party app that customizes controller settings. I used it to have the triggers doing the gas and brake like they should. I also swapped out to a different set for bike control. A bit of a pain, but better than trying to play with the default controls.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I have Pinnacle Game Profiler, should give that a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back