The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anarchyoblivion']4:30 AM Sweden time[/QUOTE]

[quote name='poxi']Sweden. My timezone. 4:33am right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Visited Sweden a few years ago. Loved it!

[quote name='Motoki']For you guys that got the keys do you have any tips? I have like 32 tabs in Chrome and they all say Oops! except for this one.[/QUOTE]

Basically my screen looks like this x4.

SWtiK.jpg

Got the payment to go through, now the final boss, the library.

I have no idea where I am in this process.

I managed to get an order placed... I think. I got to paypal, but then I got the "cannot process this order, you have not been charged" error message. Refreshed/relogged into Paypal a few times to see if maybe that would fix things. Didn't ever get any other message. Not sure what to do at this point - haven't gotten any e-mails, from either GG or Paypal. Still having trouble getting to GG.

*sigh* This is almost more trouble than it's worth. We'll see what it continues to bring. Maybe I'll get lucky.

[quote name='SackAttack']Hour and a half'ish of Civ V later, peek my head up...yeah, GamersGate is still down. Heh.[/QUOTE]

Just realized also that I've been playing as...Sweden.

42 tabs opened right now spaming click on complete payment but I still need to verify my email!!

Not sure how much longer I can do this already been at it for 2+ hours haha.

[quote name='dejeckt']Basically my screen looks like this x4.

SWtiK.jpg

Got the payment to go through, now the final boss, the library.[/QUOTE]

I feel like I am playing Whack-A-Mole. Every time I see a spinning circle stop I click on it and hit F5. Then another one does and F5. Then another, F5, another, F5.

F5F5F5F5

Aaaaah I can't keep up.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Sad day! I'm one of the many who can't get it to load so I guess no Bethesda games for me :p I don't even have a Gamersgate account, anyway![/QUOTE]

There's going to be a bajillion people selling excess keys on the trade forum -- buyer's market.

[quote name='Mooby']There's going to be a bajillion people selling excess keys on the trade forum -- buyer's market.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, but I feel like most people are only buying this for Dishonored and Skyrim. Doing all this just for Dishonored seems a little silly at this point.

I hate that I checked out 7 times and I only got one order through. I have three email confirmations from GG too. Now Paypal won't let me order anything else without verifying my account by calling a phone number they say they can't call. BLALBHGEAOKSDA.

Just received F:NV code. Region blocked. I would love if someone, who activated it could tell me exactly as which subscription it activated. I would like to know, if I can VPN this shit or should rather resell.

[quote name='momouchi']Hopefully, but I feel like most people are only buying this for Dishonored and Skyrim. Doing all this just for Dishonored seems a little silly at this point.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you underestimate the popularity of Rogue Warrior!

[quote name='poxi']Just received F:NV code. Region blocked.[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding me, where do you live? and what is the key restricted to?

[quote name='Mooby']There's going to be a bajillion people selling excess keys on the trade forum -- buyer's market.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would've held out for a Dishonored key, but I doubt they will hit the market for $10 and there are going to be a lot of people looking for them. I ended up buying it because the rest of the pack makes my library shine or try to pawn the other keys.

I probably won't play anything else in that pack- I've either played them or don't have the time to journey to Skyrim (unless my wife runs off).

What is in the stardock pack?

[quote name='kataztrophik']You've got to be kidding me, where do you live? and what is the key restricted to?[/QUOTE]

He doesn't live in America, his timezone is the same as Sweden's.

Buddy of mine in the US gave me a Rage key (I'm also in the US) -- pretty sure it showed up as (NA -- North America). Activated no problem.

[quote name='Detruire']I can't get any of the key pages to load. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I got one Dishonored key to generate and activated it but it took FOREVER to get that.

1 game down, a bajillion more to go. :p

[quote name='Detruire']If it's so bad that no one else wants it, why wouldn't you activate it? It's +1 to your game count. :hot:[/QUOTE]

What if you accidentally open it though? Can you cope with the blood on your hands of millions of virtual lives ended senselessly and suddenly as they charge into whichever hallway is the one where both teams get stuck on whichever map you've chosen?

[quote name='Frithsblessing']
What is in the stardock pack?[/QUOTE]

Never got it to load but probably everything they've made so: Fallen Enchantress, Elemental (which is just a crappier version of FE), Sins: Rebellion, Sins: Trinity (sort of same deal there), Demigod, Gal Civ1, Gal Civ2, and Political Machine.

A lot of superfluous stuff.

[quote name='kataztrophik']You've got to be kidding me, where do you live? and what is the key restricted to?[/QUOTE]
Poland. I need to find out if I can't only activate it here or if I also can't play it.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']
What is in the stardock pack?[/QUOTE]

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
Fallen Enchantress
Political Machine 2012
Galactic Civ
Demigod

That's just from memory. I can't get the damned pages to load.

[quote name='Fluxy']slickdeals just has to ruin everything[/QUOTE]

This was already over half the internet before it got there -- I'm sure someone on the Steam forums posted about it never mind the other hundred or so gaming forums.

[quote name='Mooby']This was already over half the internet before it got there -- I'm sure someone on the Steam forums posted about it never mind the other hundred or so gaming forums.[/QUOTE]

I had a bunch of Steam group noticed pop up about it left and right but I think they copy pasted from Slickdeals.

[quote name='dejeckt']The hell? I accidentally bought a giftable copy of the Bethesda pack...there won't be a problem if I send it to myself right?[/QUOTE]

Yes just email it to yourself. It will be fine.

[quote name='Motoki']I got one Dishonored key to generate and activated it but it took FOREVER to get that.

1 game down, a bajillion more to go. :p[/QUOTE]
Finally just got Skryim and Dishonored codes to generate. It took somewhere around 30 minutes to do so. Just activated Dishonored without a hitch.

[quote name='Idiotekque']im a lil tight on casshhh any u guys wanna gift me stuf that would be cool thxxx bros[/QUOTE]

Almost ignored you, thinking you're one of the CAG n00bs that keeps asking for free shit.

I guess "in before 'but he is a CAG n00b!'"

Elder Peppers seemed to go afk and pinch a loaf -- I'll offer a key for a $1.50ish Steam game from Amazon of your choice for Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink.

Got my Dishonored key to load and get activated on steam, cool beans. And I was one of the more recent orders, so there's still hope for those of you still trying.

Edit: Skyrim key too. THERE IS HOPE BROTHERS! (And maybe some SISTERS!!)

With the guile theme it makes seem so much faster. 3 Keys down, just Boom DFG and Oblivion to go. Then the rest I'll post them in this thread tomorrow, it's the least I can do for you guys.

CAG > Steam

[quote name='Motoki']I had a bunch of Steam group noticed pop up about it left and right but I think they copy pasted from Slickdeals.
[/QUOTE]

As mentioned earlier, the massive increase in traffic to their website probably rang more bells than some forum post.

[quote name='Motoki']Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
Fallen Enchantress
Political Machine 2012
Galactic Civ
Demigod

That's just from memory. I can't get the damned pages to load.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Either can I. I saw you post a link on page on 132 and have been trying to refresh it for awhile now.

That pack looks good. How much is it? Galatic Civ and Fallen Enchantress would be the two I really want, but I'm not really interested in fighting with GG to buy it.

[quote name='frithsblessing']:lol: Either can i. I saw you post a link on page on 132 and have been trying to refresh it for awhile now.

That pack looks good. How much is it? Galatic civ and fallen enchantress would be the two i really want, but i'm not really interested in fighting with gg to buy it.[/quote]

$25

[quote name='Frithsblessing']:lol: Either can I. I saw you post a link on page on 132 and have been trying to refresh it for awhile now.

That pack looks good. How much is it? Galatic Civ and Fallen Enchantress would be the two I really want, but I'm not really interested in fighting with GG to buy it.[/QUOTE]

$25 but I got one for free because I bought two Beths and two Stardocks.

[quote name='Mooby']$25[/QUOTE]

Good- not worth it. I'll pick up Fallen Enchantress in a year or two when it hits $5.

Hope I can find a 75% deal on Warlock: MoTA DLC during the holiday deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back