The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well, Steam Winter Sale. You win. I bought RPG Maker VX Ace.

Good price, really. I'll easily get $35 worth of enjoyment out of this. It just feels like a lot of money since it's Steam. I spend more on 3DS games without hemming and hawing nearly as much.

So apparently my gf's order never went through and she's frustrated to the point where she's just about to buy the games full price -__- I already redeemed my codes and my other bundle is my brother's Xmas gift. Figure this is a long shot but anybody have an extra bundle to sell? Willing to pay $35-40 paypal gift for one. =\

[quote name='DPsycho']Very well, Steam Winter Sale. You win. I bought RPG Maker VX Ace.

Good price, really. I'll easily get $35 worth of enjoyment out of this. It just feels like a lot of money since it's Steam. I spend more on 3DS games without hemming and hawing nearly as much.[/QUOTE]

Okay now get to work on that DPsycho masterpiece RPG. Chop chop!

Ended up accidentally buying two packs cause I didn't want to risk removing from cart.

If anyone wants a specific game key, just message me what you want and how much you'd pay. Because I didn't want it and because of the pack pricing, I'm willing to let go for pretty discounted prices.

[quote name='Mooby']The time frame is irrelevant so long as you buy it before they start adding stuff.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Preedatore']As long as you get in before the bonus games are up.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, both. I have most of the bundle already, but I'm willing to drop a dollar just to see what the BTA game is.

[quote name='nosferatu51']Stupid verification email....[/QUOTE]

ya that part took forever.... But dont give up

I finally got my paypal payment to process

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Thank you, both. I have most of the bundle already, but I'm willing to drop a dollar just to see what the BTA game is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I do most of the time. Figure it's worth the gamble.

[quote name='kataztrophik']So apparently my gf's order never went through and she's frustrated to the point where she's just about to buy the games full price -__- I already redeemed my codes and my other bundle is my brother's Xmas gift. Figure this is a long shot but anybody have an extra bundle to sell? Willing to pay $35-40 paypal gift for one. =\[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RedGamer']Ended up accidentally buying two packs cause I didn't want to risk removing from cart.

If anyone wants a specific game key, just message me what you want and how much you'd pay. Because I didn't want it and because of the pack pricing, I'm willing to let go for pretty discounted prices.[/QUOTE]

Pretty good timing there.

How flexible is RPG maker? Can you create something unique with it that doesn't have a generic anime of the month flavor? For example, if I wanted to create a fallout-esque rpg would I be able to use the program to give an old school rpg that wasteland vibe?

Okay, massive post. Many answers. Some fleshbag kept me from the thread for a bit. Please do not interpret any of my response negatively. I'm sorry if they've been answered before.

I personally am not stressing about retrieving all my keys tonight. I could be wrong, but GG has always come through for me.

If you care having trouble and you know your GG order id (don't confuse with paypal transaction id) visit https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/orderdetails/### where the last number (###) would be the number at https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/### which is also your GG order id.
You can see it in your GG library at http://www.gamersgate.com/account/games

Also see my fulll original post below.
[quote name='asheskitty']Alright, some quick tips....

This link will straight up add it to your cart
http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/addtocart?sku=DDB-BETHESDANYC

IAMANELDERGEEK is a 5% discount code. Applying it will incur another page reload (eew). Only the bravest of CAGs will try to buy blue coins first and double dip on the code. I did.*

GG checkout sends me to paypal, sign in to paypal, click button, get sent to GG with a long url with a paypal token in the url (probably timeout and reload needed) sends me to the GG receipt page. I had to reload on timeouts when being sent to and returning from paypal

after the confirm button on paypal you should get a long url to gamersgate.com/something&token(obviously from paypal). I had to reload on that

Quick tip on seeing if it went through, visit https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/orderdetails/### where the last number (###) would be the number at https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/### which is also your GG order id.

You can see it in your GG library at http://www.gamersgate.com/account/games

* I had $20 in blue coins sitting in my account since the good old days of the IGN discount that I wanted to use.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Sacred 2: Gold hits Steam.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, lovely. Thanks for posting the twitter traffic.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']
287ewoz.jpg

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif
[/QUOTE]

Yay! I'm happy that your persistence paid off. =)

[quote name='travathian']lol, my CC company just called concerning fraud on my card. Nope, no fraud, just smashing F5 too much![/QUOTE]

My Credit Union VISA flagged me for fraud for three paypal transactions in three days, $6, $10, $28 -- all from places I've bought from multiple times.

[quote name='dejeckt']I got a confirmation email of the order...
This is a receipt to confirm your order with GamersGate. The order will be processed as soon as your payment is confirmed...
but the site never directed me to the Paypal page. What do I do from here?[/QUOTE]

See the top of this post.

[quote name='The End']Screw this. I'm tired of trying to get my last few keys. I'm gonna go down to the store before they close to get some Chocolate Ice Cream to make a milkshake.[/QUOTE]

Share?

[quote name='kiwimonster']How did I get a confirmation email when I haven't even logged into paypal to pay for it??? uhh lol[/QUOTE]

See the top of the post.

[quote name='Sokvichet']Paypal account shows a completed transaction. Can't get to GamersGate for confirmation, but some of you said that the Paypal transaction is a good indication? No emails yet.[/QUOTE]

See the top of the post.

[quote name='dejeckt']My guess is keep trying to refresh that payment confirmation page? I checked through PayPals site if somehow I was able to finish my purchase from there. When a site links you to paypal, how does the url look?

*edit* this should be the link for the payment, got my page to load and the next url is...
http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/ ###

wow hahahahaahahah after putting in my card info on paypal, then pressing confirm, loads up webpage not found, this is getting really funny

Well, I'm back after a 2 hour break. I see that nothing has changed.

Problem is, the whole frickin gaming internet knows about this glitch and have know since about 7PM EST. I see it on NeoGAF, SPUF, Reddit, Steamgifts & I already mentioned Slickdeals earlier. There's probably another couple dozen sites as well and there are probably a couple of thousand people trying to access the site right now. I'm surprised that it's still possible to load the site at all (albeit, painfully slowly).

[quote name='dejeckt']Guys when you do buy it, don't buy it as a gift...it took me an extra hour just to redeem my own gift.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought it as a gift and I can't gift it to my email. :cry:

Oh wow, after idly refreshing several times, I have two of it in my cart. Dare I apply IAMELDERGEEK to save even more at the risk of it never loading again?

Yes. It's how I roll.

[quote name='DPsycho']Oh wow, after idly refreshing several times, I have two of it in my cart. Dare I apply IAMELDERGEEK to save even more at the risk of it never loading again?

Yes. It's how I roll.[/QUOTE]

It's a trap!

[quote name='Arben']What if you accidentally open [Brink] though?[/QUOTE] Don't install it.

[quote name='InfenroIII']Anyone selling FO:NV UE for cheap? I can pay via Steam Wallet only unfortunately.[/QUOTE]
You may want to define "cheap". ;)

[quote name='DPsycho']Oh wow, after idly refreshing several times, I have two of it in my cart. Dare I apply IAMELDERGEEK to save even more at the risk of it never loading again?

Yes. It's how I roll.[/QUOTE]

Do it! I did...twice.

[quote name='SativaSam']I really hate myself right now... I saw the Darksiders Franchise pack for $13 on Steam and bought it immediately... what I didn't realize is Amazon also has the same deal, but theirs comes with more DLC and the season pass. UGH I wish Steam would compensate[/QUOTE]

I almost did the same thing... twice... but CAGs saved me. Sorry man.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Do it! I did...twice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you were competing against fewer people then. I'm certain that there are more people trying to get this than there were a couple of hours ago. The word has really gotten out there on the net.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']did you guys get the new rage dlc in the pack?[/QUOTE]

No. Well, not unless it was included in the key for rage. But I already own the game so I haven't tried to get my key yet. And there wasn't a separate entry for the DLC in the pack or in my game library.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']did you guys get the new rage dlc in the pack?[/QUOTE]
You don't get any RAGE DLC. (No new DLC, so sewer DLC.)

Generally, I lurk around here, but I finally got through with the GamersGate pack. Only really wanted Dishonored and Doom though, so I'd gladly sell the rest to anyone looking.

[quote name='kiwimonster']There is hope! after 4 hours I have manage to log into paypal dunno if it went through lol.[/QUOTE]

Son of a... I STILL haven't gotten the account verification email and I even managed to get all the way through to have them send me another one!

[quote name='nosferatu51']Son of a... I STILL haven't gotten the account verification email and I even managed to get all the way through to have them send me another one![/QUOTE]

I had about 32 tabs open at one time from the verification email link as soon as the circle stopped spinning clicked tab hit F5!

[quote name='The End']Well, I'm back after a 2 hour break. I see that nothing has changed.

Problem is, the whole frickin gaming internet knows about this glitch and have know since about 7PM EST. I see it on NeoGAF, SPUF, Reddit, Steamgifts & I already mentioned Slickdeals earlier. There's probably another couple dozen sites as well and there are probably a couple of thousand people trying to access the site right now. I'm surprised that it's still possible to load the site at all (albeit, painfully slowly).[/QUOTE]

I thought about that after getting a few orders through. There's going to be a lot of competitive pricing on these games since so many people are buying them, and anyone who buys a bunch of these packs will lose potential value due to market flooding. It would be better to hold onto your keys for a month before selling them, I would think, to get more profit. And it doesn't help that they're region-locked to specific countries.

[quote name='etcrane']How flexible is RPG maker? Can you create something unique with it that doesn't have a generic anime of the month flavor? For example, if I wanted to create a fallout-esque rpg would I be able to use the program to give an old school rpg that wasteland vibe?[/QUOTE]

I think its possible with Ruby script.. Although i'm not entirely sure, I haven't used it since the old school days. Where it would take forever to do stuff with CMS and CBS. Probably a lot of work your going to have to do.

[quote name='DPsycho']Very well, Steam Winter Sale. You win. I bought RPG Maker VX Ace.

Good price, really. I'll easily get $35 worth of enjoyment out of this. It just feels like a lot of money since it's Steam. I spend more on 3DS games without hemming and hawing nearly as much.[/QUOTE]

fuck you! I was leaning on not buying this, til I read this. Now I'm like, I spend that much on lots of console games, so why not RPG Maker VX Ace. Now I'm leaning the other way.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Trying to buy it just for fun, but now I have two in my cart. I don't want two. lol[/QUOTE]

If it's any consolation, you'll have no difficulty unloading the second at full price.

I do want two, and almost had it, but after the Paypal checkout I lost it. Gonna keep trying though. Yee haw.

[quote name='dejeckt']Guys when you do buy it, don't buy it as a gift...it took me an extra hour just to redeem my own gift.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I didn't intentionally buy as a gift but that is how it came through. The page display was all funkified so maybe the buy and gift buttons were overlapping and I couldn't tell where I was clicking. I'm still trying to send the pack to myself. F5F5F5F5F5.

[quote name='lwhitit']ya I finally got my paypal payment to process[/QUOTE]

same, finally. keys in my library too, hoo-rah!

thought this was relevant to the situation lawlz:

f5_online.gif

Progress report. Found out about the bundle about 3hrs ago. Slowly made my way to the Paypal screen and kept it on refresh after each time out while I watched youtube vids. Finally got the order through about 15mins ago. I'd take proof screens but, well, nachos.

TL;DR - Keep trying. It's slow but orders can go through still.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Trying to buy it just for fun, but now I have two in my cart. I don't want two. lol[/QUOTE]

You could sell me one :)

[quote name='asheskitty']
If you're going to complain about regions state where you are.
[/QUOTE]
Stated some posts under quoted message. This thread is going really fast, probably you missed it. Anyway, I panicked. My apologies.
I found out that Polish, Russian, and Czech version has separate entry in steam registry and the version provided by GG only doesn't have those language packs in addition. It's protected from activation in those countries, but playing it shouldn't be blocked from anywhere. Now I only need to check my reserch by myself.

It's quite weird in overall, because Skyrim and Rage, which aren't in Polish Steam store due to contract between Bethesda and Cenega - one of the main game distributor in Poland, activated without problems, but F:NV Ult which is available there, suddenly turned out to become somehow restricted.

[quote name='elessar123']fuck you! I was leaning on not buying this, til I read this. Now I'm like, I spend that much on lots of console games, so why not RPG Maker VX Ace. Now I'm leaning the other way.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']Don't you guys DARE talk me into RPG Maker!

Quick, someone tell me something bad about it![/QUOTE]

Joooooin uuuuuuus!

(Also, I decided to join the seasonal avatar festivities.)

I need one of those perpetual motion birds homer had in the Simpsons so that I can get this gamersgate page to load.

That being said, did pick up YS right before I went to work today, thanks guys for the recommends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back