The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to the email verification and the screen that says to check your email for further instructions, but no email has shown up in about 15 minutes? Normal?

[quote name='Blade']I thought about that after getting a few orders through. There's going to be a lot of competitive pricing on these games since so many people are buying them, and anyone who buys a bunch of these packs will lose potential value due to market flooding. It would be better to hold onto your keys for a month before selling them, I would think, to get more profit. And it doesn't help that they're region-locked to specific countries.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it occurred to me that the market is really gonna be flooded with these keys. I bought the pack even though I already own several of the games in it and I was thinking that I might be able to sell off some of the spare parts. But I already see people selling off split up packs. Some of the games that I'd be selling are being sold off to my potential customers by other people. At the very least, it's drying up my market. Fewer people looking to buy the extras that I have.

I can already tell that it's gonna be a headache to get rid of my extras. Thank god I didn't try and do something stupid like buy three or four packs.

[quote name='Motoki']You know, this whole thing almost makes up for not getting that damned usb Whale Oil Lamp.
[/QUOTE]

Does Lady Boyle come w/ the lamp?

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']Don't you guys DARE talk me into RPG Maker!

Quick, someone tell me something bad about it![/QUOTE]

After making a world class RPG with it, become rich and famous, you'll secretly hate your life.

[quote name='travathian']After making a world class RPG with it, become rich and famous, you'll secretly hate your life.[/QUOTE]

That could be the story of the RPG!

[quote name='kiwimonster']In paypal now just having a problem with GG when I checkout the receipt part of it just keeps timing out[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem just keep trying it.

da proof
adkfjoasgjogadsf.png

Wargame European Escalation has definitely scratched my RTS itch that i've been feeling lately. Was worth it for me at 10 bucks.

[quote name='inbetweenphase']Got to the email verification and the screen that says to check your email for further instructions, but no email has shown up in about 15 minutes? Normal?[/QUOTE]

I've been refreshing my email for over an hour.

This is the Gamersgate thread, right?

GG is also selling the Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection for $4.99:

- Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 + expansions
- Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + expansions
- Planescape: Torment
- Temple of Elemental Evil

All DRM-free (not Steam):

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/...ter-collection

I hope I got the URL right - I'm copying it from my tablet since it managed to load the page...

[quote name='seamoss']This is the Gamersgate thread, right?

GG is also selling the Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection for $4.99:

- Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 + expansions
- Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + expansions
- Planescape: Torment
- Temple of Elemental Evil

All DRM-free (not Steam):

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/...ter-collection

I hope I got the URL right - I'm copying it from my tablet since it managed to load the page...[/QUOTE]
gamersgate doesnt even load up because of some people

So as I figure out what I want to keep from this bundle, does Brink have ANY solo/single player qualities that make it worth keeping?

So basically, deal city at The Website That Couldn't Load (patent pending, in talks with Miramax). Seriously, it's embarrassing that they haven't been able to get the site stable at this point.

Also - and this me being ignorant about web servers - could those of you who already bought this thing and are spamming the site to get your keys hold off for a bit and let the rest of us get just the tiniest bit closer to buying it in the first place?

[quote name='Neuro5i5']So as I figure out what I want to keep from this bundle, does Brink have ANY solo/single player qualities that make it worth keeping?[/QUOTE]

No ... well actually, the opening movie is kind of cool ... it gets you excited for what you're about to play ... but then you press start and it immediately lets you down ...

[quote name='inbetweenphase']Got to the email verification and the screen that says to check your email for further instructions, but no email has shown up in about 15 minutes? Normal?[/QUOTE]

Been waiting for 2.5 hours.

Well, I now have 1 regular pack and 1 giftable pack. Once the site settles down some, I guess I'll have an extra pack for someone who missed the deal, and some copies of extra games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and FO:NV) to get rid of. Still trying to load some keys to redeem though :)

I haven't received a confirmation (from GG) for my order that was processed a couple of hours ago.

Why is Sid Meier's Pirates never on sale for more than 50% off? I have had this game on my wishlist forever and I want to buy it for 75% off. Give it up Sid.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']So as I figure out what I want to keep from this bundle, does Brink have ANY solo/single player qualities that make it worth keeping?[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I played Brink as a solo/coop game and absolutely loved it.

So Rage doesn't even have Sewers DLC? That's bizarre.

[quote name='Palinn']Why is Sid Meier's Pirates never on sale for more than 50% off? I have had this game on my wishlist forever and I want to buy it for 75% off. Give it up Sid.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat man. I've been waiting forever.

[quote name='Fluxy']paypal seems to be the problem, gahh[/QUOTE]

No way is it PayPal's fault. The only reason PayPal isn't able to process the payment is because they are unable to connect to Gamersgate's servers.

[quote name='Tsel']No way is it PayPal's fault. The only reason PayPal isn't able to process the payment is because they are unable to connect to Gamersgate's servers.[/QUOTE]

Yup. The problem is the several thousand other people out there trying to buy these games or get their keys.

[quote name='Palinn']Why is Sid Meier's Pirates never on sale for more than 50% off? I have had this game on my wishlist forever and I want to buy it for 75% off. Give it up Sid.[/QUOTE]

Love that game! That would be an insta-buy for me at 75% off.

I have my receipt email from Paypal, so I should be good, right? Or might GG still flake out on me?

Edit: Ooh, my key page loaded!

[quote name='trioxylon']I'm in the same boat man. I've been waiting forever.[/QUOTE]

I don't see many pirate games available and the few that seem to exist don't get great reviews. Can anyone recommend a good pirate game in any genre or is SM Pirates the one to get?

Arrrrgh!

[quote name='Tsel']No way is it PayPal's fault. The only reason PayPal isn't able to process the payment is because they are unable to connect to Gamersgate's servers.[/QUOTE]

This. I can logon to Paypal just fine. The site is plenty snappy and I was able to see my transactions right after they went thru, and got the confirmation email from paypal right after that. So yeah, it is all on GG at this point.

Well... I give up. haha. Would have been great to get.. but I've been back and forth trying everything. Sad thing is - it's the fact that I didn't have an account that made it impossible for me. GG just would not send me the verification email for a new account. No matter how many times I tried :(
Oh, well...

(If anyone ends up with an extra set from all that refreshing and wants to get rid of it send me a PM!)

Is this a legitimate deal though? I'm surprised it's still 'up.' If it was a glitch wouldn't they just shut off the servers so they could adjust it?

[quote name='glennfrank'](If anyone ends up with an extra set from all that refreshing and wants to get rid of it send me a PM!)[/QUOTE]

I'll message you. I bought two without needing more than one.

I was able to retrieve the 2 keys that I wanted the most (Dishonored and Skyrim)

I stop hitting the F5 button now so some other can get his hands into it, I will not redeem any of the keys until I heard from GG about how Paypal automatically reversed the payment and reimbursed me the money, I been looking around and I'm not the only one so I just have to wait now.

Also, if this happen to any of you Paypal will limit your account until you verify your credit card/bank account again and change your password/secret question, only took me 5 minutes to get full control of my account again.

Paypal just contacted me and is telling me to resend the payment to GG, I will wait until the site is full functional again and will contact them so they make me a new invoice.

[quote name='Kaltic']Hmmm I hit the pay now button on the Paypal Checkout and it timed out... Keep hitting refresh or hope that it actually got through?[/QUOTE]

The confirm button on paypal.com should take you to http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/notify/paypal-express?order_id which you need to visit to complete the transaction.

[quote name='Motoki']Well now that the page actually loaded for me, my IGN pet just gained a level apparently. :p[/QUOTE]

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']For those who got the GG Bethesda order to go through, is there another order confirmation screen after the PayPal screen? That's where I'm hung up at. The URL starts like this http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/notify/paypal-express?order_id and then has a alpha numeric series which I assume, or at least hope, is an order confirmation. However, the payment has not yet appeared on my PayPal acct. : (

edit: Shit. Nevermind. $28.76 just showed up on my Sent Payment screen. Um, yay, I guess.[/QUOTE]

I had to reload on that URL while keeping an eye on my paypal and looking at the status url (see last part of this post).

[quote name='DPsycho']Eh, I won't be upset if I never manage to get it. May as well go for the discount.[/QUOTE]

Or go all-in and get blue coins first. (I would not recommend it at this point. At the start I did.)

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Hoping gta franchise pack + sleeping dogs goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

WTF is steam talk doing in this thead? =p GTA pack was $12.50 in summer. Sleeping Dogs was $13.60 on GMG before Thanksgiving. Pay more than that and I won't respect you in the morning. ^_~ Check price trackers in my sig.

[quote name='electricsleep']Has anyone played the Silverfall games or Winter Voices? Is it worth picking up any of them?[/QUOTE]

Silverfall is well worth it.

Reposting for relevance.

If you care having trouble and you know your GG order id (don't confuse with paypal transaction id) visit https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/orderdetails/### where the last number (###) would be the number at https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/### which is also your GG order id.
You can see it in your GG library at http://www.gamersgate.com/account/games

Also see my fulll original post below.

[quote name='asheskitty']Alright, some quick tips....

This link will straight up add it to your cart
http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/addtocart?sku=DDB-BETHESDANYC

IAMANELDERGEEK is a 5% discount code. Applying it will incur another page reload (eew). Only the bravest of CAGs will try to buy blue coins first and double dip on the code. I did.*

GG checkout sends me to paypal, sign in to paypal, click button, get sent to GG with a long url with a paypal token in the url (probably timeout and reload needed) sends me to the GG receipt page. I had to reload on timeouts when being sent to and returning from paypal

after the confirm button on paypal you should get a long url to gamersgate.com/something&token(obviously from paypal). I had to reload on that

Quick tip on seeing if it went through, visit https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/orderdetails/### where the last number (###) would be the number at https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/### which is also your GG order id.

You can see it in your GG library at http://www.gamersgate.com/account/games

* I had $20 in blue coins sitting in my account since the good old days of the IGN discount that I wanted to use.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']GamersGate needs more bandwidth; time to upgrade the servers.[/QUOTE]

With all the negative profit from this sale. :D

[quote name='glennfrank']Well... I give up. haha. Would have been great to get.. but I've been back and forth trying everything. Sad thing is - it's the fact that I didn't have an account that made it impossible for me. GG just would not send me the verification email for a new account. No matter how many times I tried :(
Oh, well...

(If anyone ends up with an extra set from all that refreshing and wants to get rid of it send me a PM!)[/QUOTE]

Seconded this exactly. Guess I should have been a member previously!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Also - and this me being ignorant about web servers - could those of you who already bought this thing and are spamming the site to get your keys hold off for a bit and let the rest of us get just the tiniest bit closer to buying it in the first place?[/QUOTE]

They're putting us against each other, don't fall for their trap!
Seriously though, with an offer like this they should've expected a bucketload of traffic and prepared accordingly, but sometimes shit happens anyway... I've reached the "confirm your e-mail" too and still haven't received anything from the site, so let's just hope they don't decide to adjust prices in the meantime. Fingers crossed!

Since somebody has received his keys (or at least completed payment), anyway, I declare GamersGate the winner of this holiday sale... can't really think of anything that can surpass this amazing pack! :bouncy:

So RPG maker actually looks pretty cool ... anyone have any first hand experience or recommendations? Is it worth the $35 as something creative to mess around with?

[quote name='DPsycho']With all the negative profit from this sale. :D[/QUOTE]

lol

That's what I was thinking. More like time to lay off a few workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back