The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpartenOmega117']i highly recommended the xbox 360 controller wireless receiver.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i'm going to get a wired one so I can use it as a 3rd controller for my 360 too though :)

[quote name='Motoki']
What? Doesn't everyone feel like Wonder Woman when they are sitting at their desk holding a steering wheel?[/QUOTE]

If they don't, they are doing it wrong.

[quote name='Motoki']I agree.

And bonus is that it also works with the crazy U shaped disembodied driving wheel controller that makes you feel like you are Wonder Woman driving the invisible jet.

What? Doesn't everyone feel like Wonder Woman when they are sitting at their desk holding a steering wheel?[/QUOTE]

Only when I'm wearing my tiara and lasso.

[quote name='DWulf']Only when I'm wearing my tiara and lasso.[/QUOTE]

I never get as far as the lasso. Once the tiara's on, I feel like Sailor Moon and run around declaring myself to be the Champion of Love and Justice.

[quote name='DPsycho']I never get as far as the lasso. Once the tiara's on, I feel like Sailor Moon and run around declaring myself to be the Champion of Love and Justice.[/QUOTE]

When I do that, my cats b*tch slap me back to reality and remind me that I'm really the Peon of Food Bowls and Litter Boxes.

Edit: A Wonder Woman game would be cool though - I'm getting images of a crossover between the show and Red Dead Redemption.

Finally got and activated keys for Skyrim and Dishonored! Happy Happy Joy Joy! \\:D/

Thanks OP and everyone who posted tips on getting this deal! Good luck everyone still trying!

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']System maintenance, we'll be back in about 30 minutes...

Thank you for your patience!
/ The GamersGate team[/QUOTE]

Looks like they finally woke up.

OK, this should have ended already. It's almost 10 AM in Sweden. What the hell is going on?

EDIT: I guess it has. As I was typing this, KaOTiK posted that above.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']So as I figure out what I want to keep from this bundle, does Brink have ANY solo/single player qualities that make it worth keeping?[/QUOTE]

No!

[quote name='Bort_']Now the aftermath and PR disaster.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed my Dishonor key and was in the middle of trying to get the Skyrim key when they decided to shut her down. I wanted to open the pack just in case they decided to pull the ol' switcheroo.

edit (miny rant): I've been trying to sync my account on SG off and on all day(tired of looking at Shank 2 giveaways) and it keeps telling me "If you would like to force a refresh, please switch to a public Steam profile." It is public I've got nothing to hide.

http://www.amazon.com/King-Arthur-II-Legions-Download/dp/B006T8J7R4?tag=cheapassgam08-20[quote name='Charlie2688']King Arthur II: Dead Legions :p[/QUOTE]

If you do decide to purchase at $1.99, you can always pick it up at Amazon. It's the same price there and you also get a $5 credit towards a game from the Editors Choice 2012 List during the month of January.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']edit (miny rant): I've been trying to sync my account on SG off and on all day(tired of looking at Shank 2 giveaways) and it keeps telling me "If you would like to force a refresh, please switch to a public Steam profile." It is public I've got nothing to hide.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend this addon:

http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/u2z...itor-new-comment-highlighting-more/page/31337

[quote name='Frithsblessing']I grabbed my Dishonor key and was in the middle of trying to get the Skyrim key when they decided to shut her down. I wanted to open the pack just in case they decided to pull the ol' switcheroo.

edit (miny rant): I've been trying to sync my account on SG off and on all day(tired of looking at Shank 2 giveaways) and it keeps telling me "If you would like to force a refresh, please switch to a public Steam profile." It is public I've got nothing to hide.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend this addon:

http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/u2z...itor-new-comment-highlighting-more/page/31337

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']heads up! if you guys have a pending order in your order history it still shows the old price[/QUOTE]

I THINK mine is working right now!

Somebody on the SD thread posted this which was taken from Reddit.

Damn :whistle2:(
Your username: tomeric Your account and games have been locked. The serial keys to your games will be deactivated, which means that you will not be able to start and play your games anymore. Please contact [email protected] for more info on how to get your account unlocked again.
We apologize for the inconvenience. This is done for your and all our customers safety - we will do everything we can to put things right if this has been done accidentally.
The GamersGate team

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Somebody on the SD thread posted this which was taken from Reddit.

Your username: tomeric Your account and games have been locked. The serial keys to your games will be deactivated, which means that you will not be able to start and play your games anymore. Please contact [email protected] for more info on how to get your account unlocked again.
We apologize for the inconvenience. This is done for your and all our customers safety - we will do everything we can to put things right if this has been done accidentally.
The GamersGate team[/QUOTE]

No wayyyyy... Fake?

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Somebody on the SD thread posted this which was taken from Reddit.

I've seen nothing of the sort. I'm skeptical until we have it from a better source.

There has been misinformation spread before -- that it went up to $95. That the GG servers are down. Until some CAG known to me posts otherwise, I'm calling it a hoax.

Here comes the shitstorm

I really feel it for the people who brought reseller keys if they go through everyone.

My Dishonored is still downloading, let see what happens.

If they had enough sales to take down the site. There may be a good chance they do something of the sort though. My guess is bethesda isnt going to take that loss and gamersgate probably isnt big enough to absorb that hit.

[–]tomeric 9 points 10 minutes ago
I didn't get to buy it yet, I didn't have any games with them. I suspect it's because I used a UK VPN to connect to their website.

[–]tomeric 1 point 5 minutes ago
No money was spent. No games were there to be taken away. I'm only a little bit sad because I spent 6 hours trying to buy this bundle and I failed, but other than time I have lost nothing.

Nothing to worry about

[quote name='Frithsblessing']I just received and activated my Skyrim key so I think that SD post might be BS.[/QUOTE]

I KNOW that post is BS. Even if they wanted to do what that post says, they couldn't have done it this fast. Just think how long it took them to correct this price mistake.

[quote name='The End']I KNOW that post is BS. Even if they wanted to do what that post says, they couldn't have done it this fast. Just think how long it took them to correct this price mistake.[/QUOTE]
I would rather suspect a random ban due to failed payment/chargeback reason.

[quote name='Charlie2688']King Arthur II: Dead Legions :p[/QUOTE]

King Arthur franchise has been a popular target for dailies/flash deals so it's always a possibility.

Somehow or other I managed to squeeze in an order under the wire. Had it in my cart and managed to get the checkout to load for me before they popped the maintenance message. Happy day.

Thanks to asheskitty and obsidian spire for cheering me on (and the New Vegas key).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back