The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Chivalry: MW at 50% again finally. Y'all think it will go down to 75% during the sale? If not I'll probably do a 4-pack group buy or if anyone's hosting, down to join.

edit: thanks for helping me out INCyr

Anyone know what happens if you now try to finish up a 2nd pending order of the Bethusda bundle from GG if you already have one?

Will it still go through at the price ordered? Since they don't have serials, what do you get? How does it show up?

[quote name='Syntax Error']I got about an hour or so in (with other survivors in some locked up pharmacy) and just lost interest. I'll give it another go but it wasn't the immediately transcendent experience for me it's been for some.

That's not to criticize anyone else's opinion. I'm definitely the minority here. I might be that one guy on Rotten Tomatoes who makes up the "6% Rotten" on a "94% Fresh" acclaimed move.[/QUOTE]
I'm "that guy" for Indie game: the movie, I am apparently the only person on CAG who hated it. I even listened to the filmmakers' commentary track to try and figure out what they were their motivations for the project and that still didn't help.

To those buying Stalker(s) I would highly recommend searching for a no head bob mod (the camera sways back and forth as you move) to your particular stalker game on Stalker files as it is REALLLLY irritating even for those who don't get motion sick.

[quote name='MC Kage']Chivalry: MW at 50%. Y'all think it will go down to 75% during the sale? If not I'll probably do a 4-pack group buy or if anyone's hosting, down to join.
[/QUOTE]

It's a daily so, not going any lower. Well, at least on Steam. You could have grabbed it for like $10 from GMG a week or so ago.

[quote name='MC Kage']Chivalry: MW at 50%. Y'all think it will go down to 75% during the sale? If not I'll probably do a 4-pack group buy or if anyone's hosting, down to join.[/QUOTE]

The prices don't go any lower then daily deals.
50% is as far down as it will be this sale.

[quote name='asheskitty']If you are getting the full SR:TT pack, I strongly recommend using this mod to disable the bloodsucker pack -- it's pretty game breaking.[/QUOTE]
I don't see that DLC in the list for the "full" package bundle. (Nor do I see the Steelport gangs pack.)

[quote name='glennfrank']This was lurked as well.[/QUOTE]

Don't bad. I found wasteland angel to be a significant disappointment. The mechanics are okay, it's just a bit too repetitive.

PAM (Post Apocalyptic Mayhem) is utter trash. It's like mario cart on rails.

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW Total War Battles will give you a steam code of the Total War Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai Sendai Clan DLC.[/QUOTE]

Oh, nice! I guess I don't have to buy..."You already own Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Sendai Faction Pack"
#-o

[quote name='asheskitty']If you are getting the full SR:TT pack, I strongly recommend using this mod to disable the bloodsucker pack -- it's pretty game breaking.[/QUOTE]

Good for those that already have it, but THQ kindly left the Bloodsucker and Unlockable Pack off of the most recent versions of the bundle.

Don't know if already posted... now I got DoW2 on my inventory. I think it was after the DoW full package activation, since I already had DoW2

Thanks for this link ashekitty! I was concerned that the game would be broken with the franchise pack - that third option should have been done from the start!

Def. going to buy this game now!

[quote name='Syntax Error']I got about an hour or so in (with other survivors in some locked up pharmacy) and just lost interest. I'll give it another go but it wasn't the immediately transcendent experience for me it's been for some.

That's not to criticize anyone else's opinion. I'm definitely the minority here. I might be that one guy on Rotten Tomatoes who makes up the "6% Rotten" on a "94% Fresh" acclaimed move.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely overrated, same for the show (although the game and show are pretty different). I may also be the minority, but I think it's kinda crazy when I see people say it was GOTY.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, because I did, but I think people give TWD WAY too much credit.

[quote name='cheapo72']
Good for those that already have it, but THQ kindly left the Bloodsucker and Unlockable Pack off of the most recent versions of the bundle.[/QUOTE]

So they did - maybe I should actually read the packs before buying them!

[quote name='cheapo72']Good for those that already have it, but THQ kindly left the Bloodsucker and Unlockable Pack off of the most recent versions of the bundle.[/QUOTE]

I'm really happy to hear that. Thanks! I love SR:TT and I loathe to see newcomers experience being diminished by picking up the "complete" pack.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb
I5A9X-MDVE9-GPWWZ[/QUOTE]
Thank you! I was debating whether to get the new Humble Bundle just for this.

Happy holidays!

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm really happy to hear that. Thanks! I love SR:TT and I loathe to see newcomers experience being diminished by picking up the "complete" pack.[/QUOTE]
So what's the issue with the bloodsuckers pack? and is that problem also in the console version? I picked up the full package for PS3 during the black Friday sales, but if bloodsuckers causes a problem on the console as well I'll just return that and buy the steam version while its a flash deal.

[quote name='Mooby']It's a daily so, not going any lower. Well, at least on Steam. You could have grabbed it for like $10 from GMG a week or so ago.[/QUOTE]

Well...fuck lol. Didn't check GMG at all

Thanks for that info. I bought the full package and wasn't aware of that issue.

Put me in the 'Walking Dead is overrated' camp, too. But I'm the defacto CAG humbug. I think the story is great but as an adventure game it was mediocre.

(In before retaliation)

IG 11 keys

XIII Century Gold
E7AN8-ADAYX-382C6

Necrovision: Lost Company
E6CAH-D4DVH-AL4ZY

Men Of War
DCEQY-ZNV59-FDLIT

Men Of War: Red Tide
DE49E-26JYL-6AC0N

Star Wolves 3 : Civil War
DE5LL-HDLYY-3WJ3G

Fantasy Wars
B5ANA-CQP9W-6N5F4

Necrovision
B6BYM-8IB8L-6C02P

King's Bounty: The Legend
B27FV-EVDVT-RNW02

[quote name='Mooby']
(In before retaliation)[/QUOTE]

:bomb:

Haha. Nah, I actually played Back to the Future first, so I kinda new what I was getting into. Don't get me wrong, I believe TWD has potentially (according to the individual playing) one of the most emotive video game stories to date. However, I still really don't buy into all the GOTY talk and hype. Deserves praise, without a doubt, but the hype (read: media machine) is WAY over doing it.

[quote name='kiwimonster']IG 11 keys
Necrovision: Lost Company
[/QUOTE]

Whoot - Thanks! I enjoyed the 1st necrovision so I'm looking forward to this one!!

So basically bloodsuckers pack is just like turning on easy mode as you get more cash, more respect, and the ability to get full health from any random passerby? Not some game breaking bug?

[quote name='Mooby']The problem with Telltale is that it's almost too story heavy at the expense of fleshing out the gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I personally wouldn't classify that in a standard 'gaming' genre. More of an interactive graphic novel if you ask me.

[quote name='guardian_owl']So what's the issue with the bloodsuckers pack? and is that problem also in the console version? I picked up the full package for PS3 during the black Friday sales, but if bloodsuckers causes a problem on the console as well I'll just return that and buy the steam version while its a flash deal.[/QUOTE]

Lets me say it like this. SRTT base (on Normal difficulty) is very well balanced for the game it tries be.

See quote below. Blood sucking replaces the of so fun neck snap of human shields. The full heath restore makes difficult encounters trivial (it isn't trivial to avoid neck-bite/neck-snap when using human shields). The cash and rep bonuses unbalance the game.

There's a nice version of the mod that makes all the bloodsucker pack stuff purchaseable which I think is the better way to handle it (or through the in-game cheats menu).

The Bloodsucker Pack includes:
New Dracula Blood Sucking Skill (performed by executing your Human Shield)
VIP Cash Boost Bonus (25% increase to all cash received)
VIP Hourly Income Bonus (Hourly City Income of $2,500)
VIP Respect Bonus (20% bonus to all Respect earned)
VIP Scavenger Bonus (Four times as much cash is dropped by people)
The Bloodsucker Pack releases on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Steam, and OnLive on or around February 28th for 160 MS Points or $1.99.[1]
With the Dracula Blood Sucking skill executing a human shield by pressing [f] will fully restore your health. This skill is very useful for staying alive when you are surrounded by many powerful enemies.

Again, SRTT base is nicely balanced.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Star Wolves 3 : Civil War
DE5LL-HDLYY-3WJ3G
[/QUOTE]

Copy and pasted this key. Said I activated NecroVisioN Lost Company, then prompted me to download Star Wolves 3: Civil War.

SW3 is in my library and NLC isn't. Very weird, but thank you!

[quote name='sunghost']It's definitely overrated, same for the show (although the game and show are pretty different). I may also be the minority, but I think it's kinda crazy when I see people say it was GOTY.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, because I did, but I think people give TWD WAY too much credit.[/QUOTE]

I agree about the show being overratted not sure about the game haven't played it yet, but the comic is NOT overrated. It deserves every praise it gets. So if you have only checked out the game and show I recommend you give the books a try.

That makes it sound like Walking Dead is right up my alley then, as I'll put up with mediocre / poor gameplay if the game spins a good yarn.

So basically my choices are either stick with the console version of SRT3 and be locked into an easier mode or return the console version and be able to turn it off on the PC version, bah that's rather annoying. I guess I could just try turning up the difficulty level on the PS3 version.

Try as I might, I just have never been able to get into comics / graphic novels, I've always found them an awkward half-measure between fully animated TV / films and novels/short stories.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Agreed. I personally wouldn't classify that in a standard 'gaming' genre. More of an interactive graphic novel if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Which is fine, but nothing I'd pay even the $12 sale price for -- even though the story can vary I believe the ending is always the same.

[quote name='guardian_owl']That makes it sound like Walking Dead is right up my alley then, as I'll put up with mediocre / poor gameplay if the game spins a good yarn.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. If you're fine with that I'd definitely say it's one of the better stories I've seen in a video game... but... again 'game' is stretching, it's basically a graphic novel.

[quote name='asheskitty']
Again, SRTT base is nicely balanced.[/QUOTE]

To counter that just a wee bit I will say that some people aren't particularly arsed with a challenge for SR3 and just want to run around beat people with giant dildos and otherwise experience completely ludicrous scenarios.

Just sayin' :mrgreen:

[quote name='Motoki']To counter that just a wee bit I will say that some people aren't particularly arsed with a challenge for SR3 and just want to run around beat people with giant dildos and otherwise experience completely ludicrous scenarios.

Just sayin' :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

The dildo bat was something I outgrew very quickly, though I did have to show my gf just for the lulz

Upgrading your pistols to highest rank though, with the explosive bullets, made the game so much more fun for me.

[quote name='guardian_owl']That makes it sound like Walking Dead is right up my alley then, as I'll put up with mediocre / poor gameplay if the game spins a good yarn.[/QUOTE]

I'd say yes. The only thing I didn't 'like' about TWD...was I couldn't keep my thumb on the page I had just read so as to easily go back to it if I didn't like the choice I made. :p

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Copy and pasted this key. Said I activated NecroVisioN Lost Company, then prompted me to download Star Wolves 3: Civil War.

SW3 is in my library and NLC isn't. Very weird, but thank you![/QUOTE]

Lol weird.

No problem keys I didn't plan on using.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Erm, actually deciding to play one of the games I bought.
[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOO! You'll miss out on the Activision 92.7% off glitch firesale on GMG.

:bouncy:

[quote name='Neuro5i5']NOOOOOOO! You'll miss out on the Activision 92.7% off glitch firesale on GMG.

:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

It's actually why I'm deciding to play a single player game, so I can tab in and out every 15 minutes so I don't miss anything

I probably shouldn't tell other people that...

Oh man, I have to go out for a couple of hours I'm going to miss some major deal!!! If it's Fallen Enchantress for $6 someone buy me a copy!

So question for those that were able to grab the Bethesda pack. I had the package ordered and a confirmation email from them just needed to go through paypal to finalize the sale. I was never able to get it to go through. But I still have the email and the package is still there on my account saying pending. Would I still be able to checkout with it and finalize the sale with paypal now the site is back up??

[quote name='kataztrophik']Erm, actually deciding to play one of the games I bought.

In the Prince of Persia franchise, what's the order? Does it even matter?[/QUOTE]

Release Order is:
Sands of Time -> Warrior Within -> Two Thrones -> 2008 -> The Forgotten Sands

Story Wise 2008 is its own thing and Forgotten Sands is set before Warrior Within.

[quote name='kiwimonster']So question for those that were able to grab the Bethesda pack. I had the package ordered and a confirmation email from them just needed to go through paypal to finalize the sale. I was never able to get it to go through. But I still have the email and the package is still there on my account saying pending. Would I still be able to checkout with it and finalize the sale with paypal now the site is back up??[/QUOTE]

Supposedly you have 10 days to finalize the order and pay for it.

[quote name='Sufuma']Release Order is:
Sands of Time -> Warrior Within -> Two Thrones -> 2008 -> The Forgotten Sands

Story Wise 2008 is its own thing and Forgotten Sands is set before Warrior Within.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks for the info. I think I'm going to start with 2008 to get into the series, then head back and play Sands of Time -> Warrior Within -> Two Thrones -> Forgotten Sands

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I'd say yes. The only thing I didn't 'like' about TWD...was I couldn't keep my thumb on the page I had just read so as to easily go back to it if I didn't like the choice I made. :p[/QUOTE]
Ha ha, reminds me of those Mario choose your own adventure books, which had some rather dark, horrific endings for the age audiences they were targeting.

[quote name='guardian_owl']So basically bloodsuckers pack is just like turning on easy mode as you get more cash, more respect, and the ability to get full health from any random passerby? Not some game breaking bug?[/QUOTE]

It isn't a bug. It technically is working as designed. The problem is, there's no way to toggle it on/off, and it essentially destroys any sense of balance in the game. Not to mention, you lose an absolute ton of animation when interacting with other characters, because it will always default to the blood sucking. No more kicking people in the crotch, or faceplanting them into the asphalt, or body slamming them, or anything else. I still can't believe they couldn't be arsed to go back and add some sort of option/toggle for it.

edit: none of the other add-ons are like this, btw, they might be a little unbalanced, but this one is gamebreaking in so many ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back