The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm voting for alan wake just because more people need to play it
and I can't believe sniper elite is still $12.50 with a 75% discount
I really wanted to get it but didnt realize the base price was still so high

what community game are you guys voting for? im going to vote for beyond good and evil since i already have resident evil 5 from ps plus and alan wake with 75 percent off is going to be 10 bucks eh

[quote name='DrummerX']Binary Domain was EXCELLENT. I picked it up at $9.99 for 360 during Microsoft's sale, and honestly hate sega for not advertising it stronger. Excellent third person shooter, swarms of robots and really intense boss fights, its basically Mass Effect gaming meets Terminator 2/I Robot cinema meets JRPG dialogue and story. Amazing game, can't talk it up enough, way way under-rated.[/QUOTE]

I'll also vouch for Binary Domain.

I'd also like to add to this that shooting robots to pieces feels like in Dead Space series how you shoot enemies body parts off...and they STILL keep coming at you!

Also, it's 3rd-person and you have a squad w/ you - so also, throw in the Gears of War comparison, too.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Does the Saints Row Season Pass include all the dlc? I can't seem to find a list of what it does not include. I plan to get the season pass on amazon on Christmas but wanted to get whatever dlc is not included on steam directly.[/QUOTE]

In short: Genkibowl, Space, Clones

i already own all 3 so i simply voted for my favorite one, alan wake. the ending is pretty wtf though but still a solid game

[quote name='swizzy']who else is practically praying that far cry 3 goes on sale? honestly these sales have either been done before or are at a lower price elsewhere(and some of which even activate on steam) >_< id buy far cry 3 on that uplay crap if i didnt want another DD service on my pc(already use onlive, steam, and origin; origin is my least favorite out of the 3, i find it to be a pain in the ass)[/QUOTE]

I'm playing Far Cry 3 right now (via Ubisoft's DRM "UPlay").

Man, its a great game. Definitely an improvement over previous entries. It just seems to have a sharper focus on its goals. And its clearly a game, which I don't mind. ("What, my friends have been kidnapped and are about to be sold into slavery and you want to race me on 4wheelers and then play poker? Sure, that sounds like more fun than trying to save them anyway.")

I know some people are selling it on the Steam Trading forum. Probably your best bet if you want it now.

[quote name='Mooby']Lol @ Death Rally 50% off when they were giving out 90% off coupons on face book a week ago. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

I just checked Facebook and apparently although that coupon was good until December 31st they had a Greenmangaming definition of December 31st and made it no longer active. I hope everyone who wanted it at that price got it.

[quote name='iamtorsoul']Is this real life?[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ

BTW this is a really hard ass song to do at karaoke.

[quote name='swizzy']who else is practically praying that far cry 3 goes on sale? honestly these sales have either been done before or are at a lower price elsewhere(and some of which even activate on steam) >_< id buy far cry 3 on that uplay crap if i didnt want another DD service on my pc(already use onlive, steam, and origin; origin is my least favorite out of the 3, i find it to be a pain in the ass)[/QUOTE]

They can't even do a decent sale on a year old game and you expect them to do one on a game that just came out?

Also, hate to burst your bubble but that game requires UPlay no matter where you buy it from, even Steam.

[quote name='The End']Clearly the wisest choice. It's a Capcom game, after all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Capcom below 50% is a no brainer.

Finally something I wanted to go on sale - grabbed the TW2 Velvet Edition. Definitely worth an extra $2.50 to get the superior pc version over the PSN $5 one.

[quote name='Mooby']Lol @ Death Rally 50% off when they were giving out 90% off coupons on face book a week ago. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ain't used that coupon yet.
It won't stack either.
So, I'll have to buy it w/ the coupon, once Death Rally goes off-sale, heh.

i wish there was some kind of upgrade to take saint's row 3 from vanilla to the full package. It was nice that greenmangaming set that up for dead island.

Well I just finished Blades of Time on Normal (which unlocks hard), I have had the Limited Edition since the summer sale @ $11.24. I love it. The last/part ending is great. The Swamp DLC (that you get from the Limited Edition) is okay -- gameplay it's kinda meh, but it fills out a part of the story. The additional $1.24 for the LE, well if you like the game you can't complain that hard. If you're strapped for cash, just get the standard edition. I look forward to playing it through again on hard.

[quote name='Motoki']Did she actually work on the game or is she just the spokesperson? I kind of get the feeling she's the spokesperson because they though it would be better to get a hot chick to present their game. I actually think it would be cool if she, and more women in general, did work on games.

Some of those RPGs that come out of Europe like the Witcher and Risen series can be cringeworthily sexist at times.[/QUOTE]

Well I noticed a Russian woman with the Russian version of my name early in the credits of Blades of Time. Girl Powa!

[quote name='twztid13']Thank you, eastx, and anyone who had a hand in making the rejuvinated thread (which makes it far more useful to newer CAG's, and more than just a misplaced bragging rights thread). I applaud you all, as you did a fantastic job![/QUOTE]

Um yeah :newbie:

[quote name='Bizzquik']Valve's The Orange Box is currently $10 (50% off).

Has it ever hit $5 (75% off)? Should I expect it to this Steam sale?[/QUOTE]

I paid $20 at retail over five years ago, what's ur point? (yes I specifiically used "ur" as a derisive term) There are three price history trackers in my sig.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Anyone else having trouble with paypal?[/QUOTE]

No, but I know Meg Whitman, personally. (Bitch hit my car.)

Did anyone else have any trouble getting an Xbox controller to work in Binary Domain?

I tried the demo, and in the setup area where you configure the controls, the trigger buttons wouldn't register.

[quote name='Terlan']
Also vote Resident evil 5 :D[/QUOTE]

Of course you can always get it at GMG for $7 right now.

[quote name='tham1988']i'm voting for alan wake just because more people need to play it[/QUOTE]

But Alan Wake is ALWAYS on sale.

[quote name='Charlie2688']Hold on a sec...did Bastion just shifted from -50% to -75% off on the Community Choice Offering? o_O[/QUOTE]

Yeah, is that surprising? :lol:

I just bought Viking: Battle for Asgard from GamerGate for the Steam key and got this message:

"Your serial(s) will be available in about 10 minutes. In the meantime, you can start downloading the game."

Normal?

Pretty decent sale thus far, though I haven't bought anything. I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to given my backlog. I would bite on Fallout: New Vegas UE for $10.00 (75% off) but I can't see that happening. Only other things that interest me are Sine Mora, Gemini Rue, and Symphony at 75% off.

One can hope for some insane daily/flash deals I suppose.

[quote name='Trusty Mutsi']Did anyone else have any trouble getting an Xbox controller to work in Binary Domain?

I tried the demo, and in the setup area where you configure the controls, the trigger buttons wouldn't register.[/QUOTE]

Controller worked fine for me. Loved the game :)

[quote name='walkonshadows']I just bought Viking: Battle for Asgard from GamerGate for the Steam key and got this message:

"Your serial(s) will be available in about 10 minutes. In the meantime, you can start downloading the game."

Normal?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='carl7117']by the way if you want two worlds i believe they have the velvet edition on the psn for 5 bucks[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is pretty atrocious in terms of framerate and post-processing but you can access the command console and fix some stuff. (but it doesn't save the changes so you have to do it each time you play :wall:)

[quote name='InfenroIII']Does The Dues Ex HR Augmented Edit. Come with any of the DLC ? Sorry if it's off topic.

Voted for BGE[/QUOTE]
no its just digital goodies. u should have gotten it two days ago it was 75 off

[quote name='walkonshadows']I just bought Viking: Battle for Asgard from GamerGate for the Steam key and got this message:

Normal?[/QUOTE]

Never seen that on GG.

[quote name='tham1988']anyone have an strong opinions for or against dead island?
everything I see about about it just seems pretty neutral[/QUOTE]

I think it's the best zombie-game around that I've played so far...
...and no, I have not played TWD yet, so.... :eek:P

If you wanted basically Borderlands 1 style ARPG, but w/ a game more focused on zombie-killing & melee-combat - then this is the game for you.

Do discounts get any higher than 75%? I've been eying Dungeons of Dreadmore in my wishlist and it's already at 75% off. I guess for a buck and a quarter there isn't much risk of it getting THAT much cheaper, eh?

[quote name='Ardrid'] I would bite on Fallout: New Vegas UE for $10.00 (75% off) but I can't see that happening. [/QUOTE]

Been away from the forums for a few days...?

[quote name='Ardrid']Pretty decent sale thus far, though I haven't bought anything. I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to given my backlog. I would bite on Fallout: New Vegas UE for $10.00 (75% off) but I can't see that happening. [/QUOTE]

Uh, check the Steam buy/sell thread. There were people selling it for $5. I know because I was one of them that sold two copies of the New Vegas UE for $5 each. :p

[quote name='Ardrid']Pretty decent sale thus far, though I haven't bought anything. I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to given my backlog. I would bite on Fallout: New Vegas UE for $10.00 (75% off) but I can't see that happening. Only other things that interest me are Sine Mora, Gemini Rue, and Symphony at 75% off.

One can hope for some insane daily/flash deals I suppose.[/QUOTE]

If you are interested in Fallout: New Vegas, you may want to check out the Steam Trading thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279563&page=664

Due to the Gamersgate pricing error the other night it has been selling for around $4

[quote name='swizzy']i already own all 3 so i simply voted for my favorite one, alan wake. the ending is pretty wtf though but still a solid game[/QUOTE]

I used the same method and arrived at the same conclusion

[quote name='mic brrravo']Do discounts get any higher than 75%? I've been eying Dungeons of Dreadmore in my wishlist and it's already at 75% off. I guess for a buck and a quarter there isn't much risk of it getting THAT much cheaper, eh?[/QUOTE]

I doubt Dredmor is going to get any cheaper.

[quote name='mic brrravo']Do discounts get any higher than 75%? I've been eying Dungeons of Dreadmore in my wishlist and it's already at 75% off. I guess for a buck and a quarter there isn't much risk of it getting THAT much cheaper, eh?[/QUOTE]

95% of the time that is the lowest discount you will get but there are some rare exceptions. It's not common though so for most games if you wait for below 90% you will be waiting forever.

Note though that the retail prices do drop eventually for newer games so a game that is $50 at 75% off might end up much cheaper later with a MSRP drop to $20 and 75% off.

ETA: that's pretty much as low as Dredmor will go unless it's in a bundle (again)

[quote name='MysterD']I think it's the best zombie-game around that I've played so far...
...and no, I have not played TWD yet, so.... :eek:P

If you wanted basically Borderlands 1 style ARPG, but w/ a game more focused on zombie-killing & melee-combat - then this is the game for you.[/QUOTE]

if you have played it, is the melee combat comparable to condemned criminal origins?

[quote name='Mooby']Yeah, is that surprising? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Considering the complete joke that this STEAM sales has been...nope

[quote name='The End']By the way, does the Remedy customer loyalty discount stack with sales?[/QUOTE]

*Taps Mic*

Is this thing on?

Normal?[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't know I could quote myself. Just an update. The code did pop up on the website right at 10 minutes, just thought it was weird because it's a SteamWorks title.

[quote name='Detruire']As Englando IV and Mooby said, no. Solo gets boring really quickly since it's harder and lacks the teamwork vibe. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']As has been mentioned already... it's quite easy to hop into a game. Just be warned that the perk levels actually mean something. In other words, no matter how good you think you are at FPS games you're not going to be able to hop into a Suicidal or Hell on Earth level game if you're level 0 (or even 1, 2, or 3). Perk levels affect player skills and purchasing abilities significantly. [/QUOTE]

Hal's point is quite important. Also, being able to solo is important even in multiplayer games, cuz there will be times when everyone else on your team dies, and if you don't kite like a mofo and kill all the zeds, game over.

[quote name='Mooby']The Super Indie Bundle Pack on Steam is a huge ripoff.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. It's a great value for people who don't already have many or most of the titles, or who don't want to spend the time hunting down cheap or free keys. For those of us who've accumulated tons of indie titles through all the bundles, it's not worth the money.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Wow, I didn't know I could quote myself. Just an update. The code did pop up on the website right at 10 minutes, just thought it was weird because it's a SteamWorks title.[/QUOTE]

I don't know exactly when they started that but they always do that to me lately. It's not just Steamworks either. This morning they did it to me with the key for Frozen Hearth and also on the Origin Command and Conquer pack that I bought from someone else.

Dammit Steam, another day of not buying anything. I mean yeah I own a lot of it but still... Also I am kinda grumpy because I have to go to work tomorrow for what should of been a 30 min review turning into an thing because I have to basically help some new guy learn our code because other people have to be fucking idiots. :bomb:

Are people's disappointment of this sale because of the percentages or the games that are on sale? If it's the latter then I don't know what you were expecting, of course steam isn't going to put the best games on sale before Christmas. People are gonna get money/steam wallet codes for Christmas and it's better to wait till the 26th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back