The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']Really noob question. Psychonauts is still in my backlog. Do you need to be far in the game to do that?[/QUOTE]

You'll get there like an hourish in. Maybe a bit less.

[quote name='nosferatu51']Says its invalid?[/QUOTE]

Should be good. PM'ed you a code to use, which should also be good.

Oh, and anyone can feel free to quote this post if you need a Torque DLC code EDIT: GONE

Well thanks to some late night /v/ browsing, I had CS:GO and Call of Duty 4 gifted to me. I guess that takes care of two items at the top of my wishlist. I feel guilty, but not guilty enough to not enjoy them. Merry Christmas CAGs. Tis the season.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Should be good. PM'ed you a code to use, which should also be good.

Oh, and anyone can feel free to quote this post if you need a Torque DLC code ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm slow and I missed the codes the other day, but is the code like hidden in this qoute?

[quote name='suwillgetu']Ahh I can't believe I got it! Thank you so much! :)[/QUOTE]

Glad you can put it to good use. I happened to get more of these then I wanted and can't use them. That's why I'm putting the LAST CODE for the Torque DLC right here!

5EHXN-5RJXB-5RPSX-6EB85-5WBL2 EDIT: GONE to a good home!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tsel']Well thanks to some late night /v/ browsing, I had CS:GO and Call of Duty 4 gifted to me. I guess that takes care of two items at the top of my wishlist. I feel guilty, but not guilty enough to not enjoy them. Merry Christmas CAGs. Tis the season.[/QUOTE]

Nice score! Those are 2 games I'm waiting to pick up myself I wouldn't feel bad, especially if you're going to play the games and enjoy them. And when an opportunity arises, pay it forward :)

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you also get these holiday cheesemints by changing the date on your PC?[/QUOTE]

That's what I did last year when the Costume Quest chevo was glitched on Christmas day.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Glad you can put it to good use. I happened to get more of these then I wanted and can't use them. That's why I'm putting the LAST CODE for the Torque DLC right here!

5EHXN-5RJXB-5RPSX-6EB85-5WBL2[/QUOTE]

I seemed to have chosen the right time to go ahead and catch up in the topic! I appreciate it, very generous of you! :)

Seeing as I'm currently on a Borderlands 2 binge anyway, this will come quite in handy.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Glad you can put it to good use. I happened to get more of these then I wanted and can't use them. That's why I'm putting the LAST CODE for the Torque DLC right here!

5EHXN-5RJXB-5RPSX-6EB85-5WBL2[/QUOTE]

Already used. Thanks for sharing though.

EDIT: Oh I didn't see Snake1001 take credit for grabbing it. I just wanted to let people know that it was gone.

EDIT #2: I just want to publicly thank Captain Urahara for the Torque DLC code. I really appreciate it man. Merry Christmas. :)

[quote name='Snake1001']I seemed to have chosen the right time to go ahead and catch up in the topic! I appreciate it, very generous of you! :)

Seeing as I'm currently on a Borderlands 2 binge anyway, this will come quite in handy.[/QUOTE]

Glad a lurker didn't grab it. Surprising! Don't thank me though. These were from that promo the other day and I ended up with them even though they could have gone to other people. I'm glad that it sounds like it is going to a good home!

EDIT: PM'ed The End with the first code drop which was supposedly invalid. Seems okay to me(It's telling me to install the game first) so worth a try.
EDIT 2: And it worked! Have some fun The End! And Merry Christmas!

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Should be good. PM'ed you a code to use, which should also be good.

Oh, and anyone can feel free to quote this post if you need a Torque DLC code EDIT: GONE[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate it. Just finished the main campaign 2 days ago after letting it linger for forever due to other games!

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Glad a lurker didn't grab it. Surprising! Don't thank me though. These were from that promo the other day and I ended up with them even though they could have gone to other people. I'm glad that it sounds like it is going to a good home!

EDIT: PM'ed The End with the first code drop which was supposedly invalid. Seems okay to me(It's telling me to install the game first) so worth a try.[/QUOTE]

It surprised me honestly, I thought for sure it'd be gone. Still though, it is nice of you to go ahead and share them with us despite it being a promo. I'm just glad lurkers didn't go through and snag 'em - mainly because it just takes away from the whole identity/credit part of the deal.

But successful indeed! Merry Christmas all!

Mainly a lurker, but thought I'd unload some dupe keys I have to contribute for once.

Crayon Physics Deluxe
0755L-3GGCC-LD9TC

Avadon: The Black Fortress
26N6W-EHPQ8-JH7EK

Swords and Soldiers
MQE99-GHMML-DD99C

Cogs
4XWKT-WZ8CZ-L45X2

Zen Bound 2
5B7X6-EH7HP-9P7RT

Happy Holidays.

You know, I look forward to hanging out here during the sales every single time. Thanks for that, guys.

Merry Christmas all!

[quote name='n4tiv3']Mainly a lurker, but thought I'd unload some dupe keys I have to contribute for once.

Zen Bound 2
5B7X6-EH7HP-9P7RT

Happy Holidays.[/QUOTE]

Very nice of you! I took Zen Bound 2. Been looking to try that for awhile! Thank you very much and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

[quote name='n4tiv3']Mainly a lurker, but thought I'd unload some dupe keys I have to contribute for once.
.[/QUOTE]

Lurked! ( edit: and/or claimed by friendly cags!)

Space Rangers! A77JT-89DC2-YG26I

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Very nice of you! I took Zen Bound 2. Been looking to try that for awhile! Thank you very much and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays![/QUOTE]

Damn you Captain! I hope tribbles reproduce in your Christmas stockings!

:lol:

Merry Christmas everyone! I wish you many games and no time to actually play them - just keep making those spreadsheets! If Steam doesn't give us one, make our own metagame!

So I bought one of these deals and got the $5 email for the 2012 Editor's choice deals that starts January 2013. Is this the same $5 that people are putting toward the Darksiders collection today? If not, which $5 deal are they talking about?

Cheers guys!

[quote name='matthewrex']So I bought one of these deals and got the $5 email for the 2012 Editor's choice deals that starts January 2013. Is this the same $5 that people are putting toward the Darksiders collection today? If not, which $5 deal are they talking about?

Cheers guys![/QUOTE]

Nope, the ones for today are publisher specific deals. However, if you previously bought a THQ, Ubisoft, or EA games in 2012 then you'll have a $5 promo to use for those respective publishers (limit one per publisher). Those promos are only good for today/Christmas. 2K has a similar promo but it runs from the 26th to 31st.

[quote name='carl7117']any community game u guys want?[/QUOTE]

Nothing I want from the three, but the general consensus in this thread is to vote for Giana Sisters.

Any opinions on the Counter Strike bundle? New to PC gaming/Steam and I'm really getting into it. Never played Counter Strike before but should I buy the bundle? Are the games easy to learn/get into?

[quote name='Blackout']Any opinions on the Counter Strike bundle? New to PC gaming/Steam and I'm really getting into it. Never played Counter Strike before but should I buy the bundle? Are the games easy to learn/get into?[/QUOTE]

You're probably better off just getting one of them. Global Offensive or Source are the easier ones to get into. GO is newer and might be better for you, but Source has about twice the playerbase. Either way they're very similar with a lot of the same maps.

[quote name='Blackout']Any opinions on the Counter Strike bundle? New to PC gaming/Steam and I'm really getting into it. Never played Counter Strike before but should I buy the bundle? Are the games easy to learn/get into?[/QUOTE]

At this point, wait and see if it comes back as a daily. There was already a flash sale on it so odds are good.

[quote name='Jon7']You're probably better off just getting one of them. Global Offensive or Source are the easier ones to get into. GO is newer and might be better for you, but Source has about twice the playerbase. Either way they're very similar with a lot of the same maps.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Genocidal']At this point, wait and see if it comes back as a daily. There was already a flash sale on it so odds are good.[/QUOTE]

Right now the complete bundle is at $15, which is only 4 bucks more than the newest CS. That's the one I was considering playing anyway. So you think I should just wait for a further discount?

[quote name='Blackout']Right now the complete bundle is at $15, which is only 4 bucks more than the newest CS. That's the one I was considering playing anyway. So you think I should just wait for a further discount?[/QUOTE]

Definitely wait for a further discount unless you absolutely have to play it right now, it likely will be a daily like Genocidal said. When it does get discounted, if the daily is the same price as the flash sale was the other day, it'll be $7.50 for CS:GO by itself.

[quote name='Jon7']Definitely wait for a further discount unless you absolutely have to play it right now, it likely will be a daily like Genocidal said. When it does get discounted, if the daily is the same price as the flash sale was the other day, it'll be $7.50 for CS:GO by itself.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. It's not worth it to buy the other CS games then?

unless you're a hardcore online fps player or plan on trading the other cs games, just stick with cs:go. the community isn't as large as 1.6 or source, but it's getting bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back