The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mac995555']Mark of the Ninja is also published by Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

But the developers are Klei (Same guys from Shank, Shank 2 and Eeets) ;)

[quote name='The End']
I also regret passing on Sims Medieval & The Tomb Raider Collection. Both were flash deals, so I'm hoping that they return.
[/QUOTE]

If Sims Medieval comes back try to find an Australian to sell/trade it to you. Apparently, it was 93% at $2.19 for some crazy reason there.

By the time I found out, it was minutes before it was ending and I didn't have time to try and track someone down to potentially get it from.

Mark of the Ninja will probably be in a Humble Bundle. Shank 2 was published in the same way, same style MotN was but with a bit more EA. So MotN is MORE likely to be Humble Bundled than Shank 2 and 1, which both got bundled... so... yeah.

That said, without a doubt it is the best stealth game in years. Easily Chaos Theory or Thief tier. It's just THAT good

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']i dont know if this has been posted yet but the witcher 2 enhanced edition is only $11.99 right now[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it will be a deal of the day for $7.50

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']i dont know if this has been posted yet but the witcher 2 enhanced edition is only $11.99 right now[/QUOTE]

It was 7.49 back in Thanksgiving if I'm not mistaken.

Are any of the Dead Rising OTR DLCs gamebreaking or overpowering? From the descriptions it sounds like they might be and I don't want to buy them if that's the case.

Merry Christmas, all. Grabbing the Dead Rising pack at that price. Also snagged KotOR I during its flash sale and Scribblenauts from Amazon. Plus, after opting to wait on They Bleed Pixels during its flash deal, an old college friend gifted it to me out of the blue, possibly because I gave him my extra Rage Augmented add-on code a while back. All is well in the world. :D

I picked up the Dead Rising 2 complete pack. It was on my wishlist....just waiting. Haven't bit on Civ 4 or Civ 5 yet...just got my $5 THQ coupon but wasn't registering at checkout on Amazon....so I'm gonna try later.

[quote name='Genocidal']Are any of the Dead Rising OTR DLCs gamebreaking or overpowering? From the descriptions it sounds like they might be and I don't want to buy them if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

Been considering buying them too, but I'm wondering the same thing.

I never played Dead Rising before, but everyone seems to love it. Is the DLC worth the extra $5? Being OP might be ok with me. :) Is single player worth playing?

Saw this on the Amazon thread.

Saint's Row 2 (Steamworks) is $2.66 (£1.74 minus 5% for IAMANELDERGEEK to bring it to £1.65) on the Gamersgate UK site:

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-SAINTS2/saints-row-2

If you have at least 668 in Blue Coins in your account you can get it for $1.95 by buying two 1,000 Blue Coin bundles (at the US site if you are in the US) and using IAMANELDERGEEK.

Then go back to the UK site and add it to your cart and make sure to use IAMANELDERGEEK again and pay the amount of 2,668 (approx $2.67 US) in blue coins.

They are also still doing the buy 4 get one three promotion so you can also take advantage of that though there isn't too much else around £1.74 unless you wanted to get two Saints Row 2s and two Tomb Raider 1s (also Steamworks) and sell off the extras.

I can confirm that the Saints Row 2 key from Gamersgate UK is region free and did activate fine on my US Steam account.

Oh and the retail for SR2 on Steam is $14.99 so it will never go below $3.74 (75% off $14.99) there.

[quote name='krushnine']I never played Dead Rising before, but everyone seems to love it. Is the DLC worth the extra $5? Being OP might be ok with me. :) Is single player worth playing?[/QUOTE]

It's worth playing. I think they're great games

if you like killing zombies non stop then yes :p. To me it wasn't my type of game maybe cause i'm just sick of zombies in general. But for the price i would give it a shot.

Bought Mark of the Ninja. Only for the reason to shut my fucking friend up who is saying how awesome the game is. I personally wanted to wait till it got cheaper but whatever. I love me Stealth.

[quote name='Motoki']Saint's Row 2 (Steamworks) is $2.66 (£1.74 minus 5% for IAMANELDERGEEK to bring it to £1.65) on the Gamersgate UK site:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, Motoki! I had enough blue coins already on hand to cover the purchase in full. Well, minus the 5% of course.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Bought Mark of the Ninja. Only for the reason to shut my fucking friend up who is saying how awesome the game is. I personally wanted to wait till it got cheaper but whatever. I love me Stealth.[/QUOTE]

if i was you i would annoy them with a really expensive game and tell them how amazing it is(Shitty South Park Game) and force them to buy it as a payback!

Can someone help me out? Dead Rising 2 Complete Pack is not available over here. Need someone else to buy it and send it as a gift. Please, I can send you an $10 Amazon GC since PayPal asks for extra fees. Sucks to live in South America. Thanks.
A big thanks to xanchui who helped me :)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Question to those who played Skyrim.

So 60+ hours into my game, haven't touched the main quest. Do I do the main quest or Dawnguard? Just bought Dawnguard yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I just like that this is a thing. I stalled out on Fallout 3 after about 50 hours, and never started the main story in there.

[quote name='DPsycho']Thanks for the heads up, Motoki! I had enough blue coins already on hand to cover the purchase in full. Well, minus the 5% of course.[/QUOTE]

I ended up doing SR2 from Steam for $2.49 with the THQ promo.

I want Ninja, but agree it's destined for bundles. Thinking on Deadlight a bit. Also ought to say thanks to CheapLikeAFox, my BGCQ secret santa.

Also, if it hits a deeper sale again, I have praise and recommendation for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. A metroid-ish exploring of an alien world thing, with great art and fun gameplay. Although only maybe 6ish hours and uses GFWL.

In for Dead Rising 2.

As for bundles: I've stopped buying indie games, and now only get them through trades and bundles. Too many times have I been screwed over buying an indie on sale and it appearing in a bundle a month or so later.

[quote name='Arben']I just like that this is a thing. I stalled out on Fallout 3 after about 50 hours, and never started the main story in there.
[/QUOTE]

I know people who have played Morrowind off and on for 10 years and barely touched the main quest.

That's the nature of those Bethesda games. It's super easy to get distracted if you aren't very intent and focused on the main quest but I think that's fine.

this steam sale has been terrible. I usually spend a minimum of $100 on these things and so far ive only spent $2.50 on steam itself. Ive spent way more than that at amazon and GMG this christmas, heck I even spent more than that on GOG.

My point being is that this sale is terrible and when did Valve become EA with the sales. When steams holiday sales are getting beaten this bad by the competition its a brand new world.

I mean their "sale" on spec ops was $10.19. I got bioshock 1, 2 and Spec ops for $9.99 on amazon and a $5 credit for sales in January which I may or may not use.

Pretty much ever sale price on this holiday sale has been cheaper before whether on steam or somewhere else.

Capcom, you done good.

Also, vote Anno 2070 or SimCity because they've like never been on sale like ever. Both. Ever.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']...
Shoite, I'm heading off-topic. How 'bout that Mission Runway?[/QUOTE]

Click below for a chance to find out for yourself.

[quote name='Motoki']
For Tropico though the Kalypso DRM is pretty benign. [/QUOTE]

lol I meant to type DLC diarrhea ... not DRM. I was just noting that Tropico 4 had tons of DLC and I was considering holding out for GOTY.

[quote name='hal']lol I meant to type DLC diarrhea ... not DRM. I was just noting that Tropico 4 had tons of DLC and I was considering holding out for GOTY.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm doing. Acquired a mountain of stuff so far in November/December. I can wait six months to see if Tropico 4 gets cheaper/bundled into a GOTY edition.

Capcom? 75% off AND a bundle that saves you extra? Dafuq?

Hopefully this is a sign that they're finally getting smart. They aren't exactly THQ, but Resident Evil is the only thing keeping that ship above water...

Anyways, grabbed the bundle. Played the first one on the 360 and had lots of stupid fun, so I'm excited to try the sequel on the PC.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^^
I'm waiting for RE5 to come back at 66% off; it failed a community vote; RAWR![/QUOTE]
Wasn't it cheaper on GMG?

Can somebody help me out to get Dead Rising 2 complete pack ? It is region locked for me.
I can buy a game you want in exchange or I can send the money through paypal.

Steam ID: mummulik

Thanks.

[quote name='Shing0']Can somebody help me out to get Dead Rising 2 complete pack ? It is region locked for me.
I can buy a game you want in exchange or I can send the money through paypal.

Steam ID: mummulik

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you can do an amazon.com gift card, I can help

[quote name='xanchui']If you can do an amazon.com gift card, I can help[/QUOTE]

I think I can do that. Though I never tried it before. Add me on steam please.

P.S
Sorry for offtopic messages

Just curious about this talk about "I have $X left." Did I miss some deal on steam credit or something or are people just making limits for themselves?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Just curious about this talk about "I have $X left." Did I miss some deal on steam credit or something or are people just making limits for themselves?[/QUOTE]
Either they set a limit for themselves or they have Steam wallet.

And the new deals are:

GalCiv Complete Pack: 6.24
Retro City Rampage: 7.44
Darksiders Franchise: 13.59

Good price on GalCiv, probably going to bite on that. Glad to see the deals are getting good again.

And since they are, this seems like the time for this.

[youtube]bUo1PgKksgw[/youtube]

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']do you guys think fallout 3 GoTY will get any cheaper?:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I think it'll hit $5 at some point, if that is what you're asking.

But I doubt it will go cheaper than what some CAGs are offering because they don't need the key they received in the GG bundle, I think I've seen it at $4 on the Steam Group Buy thread.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Just installed Legend of Grimrock. If I'm not back in twelve hours, send for help.[/QUOTE]

I'll send the Classic Dungeon Crawler Appreciation Squad to punish you if you ARE back before twelve hours :bouncy:

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']do you guys think fallout 3 GoTY will get any cheaper?:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

100% chance on that. And yeah, as mentioned above, you can probably find people selling keys for it for like 3-4 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back