The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='starscream1101']Not a bad price...as I'm looking at the $100ish price mark :D I'll look around.[/QUOTE]
I just bought a seagate 7200rpm 2TB 6gb/s on sale for 79.
I was running on a single 500gb going to port all the stuff over and use that as more spare space or put it in my server.

Since I did one of these over on the Amazon thread:
Dead Rising 2
Hearthfire
Saints Row TT Complete
PoP: WW
SC: Chaos Theory
I Am Alive
GRAW 2
Jericho
THPS HD: Revert

Mostly old/small stuff. Thinking about Sid Meier's Pirates (Hoping for 75% off :/)

Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but Green Man Gaming has Alan Wake on sale for $7.49, which comes to $5.24 after using the coupon for 30% off (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831). This activates on Steam.

My haul.
Total War Battles: Shogun
They Bleed Pixels
Dawnguard and Hearthfire for Skyrim
Tomb Raider Collection
Mark of the Ninja
Castle Crashers (gift from a friend)

So I spent roughly $40 and I got 12 games and 2 DLC plus a free gift. Not bad so far.

[quote name='Motoki']I like Ambitions and Showtime because they let you play actual careers instead of just having your sim go off in a car and dissappear while 'at work'.

If you have kids (or child-like adults) they seem to go completely BONKERS over pets, but they are just shorter, furrier sims with much more limited interactions as far as I'm concerned
but I'm an addict so I bought it anyway :p

Also if you own the base on Origin and/or retail or otherwise outside of Steam do not buy the expansions from Steam. They will not work.

Anyway, non-Steam Sims 3 stuff goes on sale WAAAAY more often than the Steam version so you shouldn't have much trouble getting a deal on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know :). I guess I'll get sims 3 and ambitions then :p. My water heater just started to leak, so ummm have to get it fixed. :(

[quote name='Broken Cage']Disclaimer: If you find a stupid purchase that I made, shush up about it. I'm an addict, and I cannot be held responsible for my actions.

For the girlfriend:
Mission Runway
...[/QUOTE]

"For the girlfriend"...uh huh, right.

;)

(bought as well)

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Arma 2 Combined Ops: 14.99
SpaceChem: 0.75
Bethesda Pack: 21.28 (I bought 3, and sold two off, leaving me spending this.)
Prince of Persia Pack: 12.24
The Mawesome Pack: 2.99
Zombie Driver HD: 2.49
Introversion Complete Pack: 4.99
Dawn of War Franchise: $8
Dragon Age Origins UE: 7.49
Cthulu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII: 0.99
Saints Row 3 Complete: 7.49
Half Life Complete: 9.99
Dead Rising 2 Pack: 9.99

Traded Fallout 3 + New Vegas for Trine 2, KotOR 2, and Fear Ultimate Shooter.

Total of 103.68 so far, almost triple what I've ever spent on a sale before... Wow.[/QUOTE]

Skyrim, Fallout 3 GOTY, Fallout NV, Morrowind, Oblivion, Dishonored, Rage, Rogue - 29 - 16 (paypal sales) = 13. Plus I hope to sell Obl. & Rogue

SRTT Full Package - $2.50 AC

AC: R - $2.50 AC

Batman AC - $3 (Steam trading thread)

AW: AN - $1.88

+$2.50 because overpaid for a Skyrim key which I traded for a WD key since it's Christmas and I wanted to spread the good cheer. Saw the guy immediately play Skyrim for hours through Steam friend list so totally worth it. :applause::applause::applause:

Totaling up, it looks like I've netted out at $25.38 with an average of around $2.12 a game. Since 90% are games I was planning to buy anyways at Steam prices and some others I'm hoping to still sell, not too shabby.

I'm thinking of picking up AW @ $5+ on GMG and a 2k pack or PM on Amazon AC, but am concerned it might hurt my average or add more games I gotta sell. So, this may be it for 2012.

Best month ever!

First off, I hope everyone had a happy holidays! :D Here's what I've gotten in the past week.

Steam:
Borderlands GOTY
Psychonauts
Garry's Mod + CS: Source
Killing Floor
Portal + Portal 2
Max Payne Bundle
Dead Rising 2 Complete

Amazon:
Tantalizing THQ Medley
Fear Ultimate Shooter Edition
Scribblenauts Unlimited
SR: TT TFP

And then I also BTA for the Humble Bundle

[quote name='bob_793']I just bought a seagate 7200rpm 2TB 6gb/s on sale for 79.
I was running on a single 500gb going to port all the stuff over and use that as more spare space or put it in my server.[/QUOTE]

That's a great price, where did you get it? If only it was a WD hard drive (I've had bad luck with Seagate) then I'd buy about three of them. :lol:

[quote name='Blade']That's a great price, where did you get it? If only it was a WD hard drive (I've had bad luck with Seagate) then I'd buy about three of them. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Newegg. Never had one figured for the price I would try it out. So far no problems.

To anyone who has seen the indie game the movie already. Rewatching the movie with the Team Meat commentary on is stupidly hilarious and if you enjoyed the movie at all should be watched again just for that.

[quote name='jshackles']Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but Green Man Gaming has Alan Wake on sale for $7.49, which comes to $5.24 after using the coupon for 30% off (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831). This activates on Steam.[/QUOTE]

so how bad will i poop my pants while playing this game? :booty:

[quote name='Scouter']so how bad will i poop my pants while playing this game? :booty:[/QUOTE]

Not at all. You may have a few moments of slight discomfort, but no pooping will take place.

It's actually more of a psychological thriller than horror. I'd argue that it is the strongest aspect of the game slightly ruined by too many instances of combat.

If you want to poop your pants, I'd recommend Condemned: Bloodshot or Dead Space (the ending especially).

[quote name='Blade']That's a great price, where did you get it? If only it was a WD hard drive (I've had bad luck with Seagate) then I'd buy about three of them. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I picked up a Seagate 2TB from newegg for my brother's rig for $69 on black friday. No issues thus far

[quote name='Scouter']so how bad will i poop my pants while playing this game? :booty:[/QUOTE]
Nope you may jump a couple times other than that its more of a "thriller."
'Cause this is thriller, thriller night
And no one's gonna save you from the beast about strike!!!!!!!!!
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

My sale recap -- this is my very first winter sale, so I was a little clueless and probably spent too much on certain titles:

Steam:
Spellforce Platinum Edition 2.49
Jade Empire: 3.74
Fable - The Lost Chapters: 2.49
Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle: 3.74
Torchlight II: 7.50
TOTAL: 19.96

Amazon:
Bioshock 1/2 & Spec Ops Bundle: 4.99 (with coupon)
LEGO Lord of the Rings: 7.50
Scribblenauts Unlimited: 7.50
TOTAL: 19.99

GamersGate:

Bethesda Pack: 28.76
Alan Wake's American Nightmare: 1.00 (with blue coins)
TOTAL: 29.76

I actually set aside $200 for this sale but didn't really find much that I wanted... guess it'll go into the fund for my first summer sale!

You where wear pants while playing games? 8-[

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jshackles']Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but Green Man Gaming has Alan Wake on sale for $7.49, which comes to $5.24 after using the coupon for 30% off (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831). This activates on Steam.[/QUOTE]

I've been eyeing this.

The CE is also on sale. Is there any reason that I really have to get that over the standard? Is the Dev commentary that worthwhile?

I haven't bought much at all but here's the list so far...

Steam:
Race 07
Quantum Conundrum DLC
Ignite

Other:
Darksiders Franchise Pack
Bethesda New Year Collection

Still under consideration:
Tropico 3 Gold Edition
Pendulo Adventure Pack
Kohan Warchest
Sid Meier's Pirates
The Sims Medieval

Only bought a few things:

Magic 2013 (and the expansion)
Dawn of War Franchise
Thief Series

Debating Magic 2012. I've got until 1pm tomorrow to decide if I want to or not.

[quote name='crabbit']My sale recap -- this is my very first winter sale, so I was a little clueless and probably spent too much on certain titles:

Steam:
Spellforce Platinum Edition 2.49
Jade Empire: 3.74
Fable - The Lost Chapters: 2.49
Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle: 3.74
Torchlight II: 7.50
TOTAL: 19.96

Amazon:
Bioshock 1/2 & Spec Ops Bundle: 4.99 (with coupon)
LEGO Lord of the Rings: 7.50
Scribblenauts Unlimited: 7.50
TOTAL: 19.99

GamersGate:

Bethesda Pack: 28.76
Alan Wake's American Nightmare: 1.00 (with blue coins)
TOTAL: 29.76

I actually set aside $200 for this sale but didn't really find much that I wanted... guess it'll go into the fund for my first summer sale![/QUOTE]

Mine:
Trading :

Fallout New Vegas 6.24
Sins of A Solar Empire Rebellion 10.49
Dues Ex HR : 4.99
Civ 5 G&K : 6.25
The Orange Box 2.98

Steam:

Prince of Persia : 2.49
Killing Floor: Community Weapon Pack 2$

I think i did good overall.

This sale is crap!
This sale blows!
Worst steam sale E V A R!
What a Steam-ing pile of crap sale!

...so, what has everyone bought so far?

:rofl:

[quote name='The End']We're posting our hauls already? There's 10 days left in this sale.[/QUOTE]

It's just the mile marker. I'm actually glad I did it, as I now realize I've blown $200.00 in five days on PC games between Steam and Amazon. I need to slow down.

Wanted to share a nice CAG-style Christmas story. Like I said before, I traded Skyrim, a game that is probably averaging 12.50-13 right now for WD, which was selling for $10, in large part because I wanted to share some Christmas cheer and I had a spare key. Well, that same guy gave me a great trade for Alan Wake even though he totally didn't have to.

Sure, it's not as generous as what some of you great folks do with Steamgifts. But a really cool act nonetheless. And yet another example why I really enjoy this great community of gamers.

Bethesda pack
Psychonauts
Scribblenauts

Total: $38

On a side note, is anyone else having trouble with darksiders 2 crashing and freezing all the time?

[quote name='Neuro5i5']This sale is crap!
This sale blows!
Worst steam sale E V A R!
What a Steam-ing pile of crap sale!

...so, what has everyone bought so far?

:rofl:[/QUOTE]
shhhhhh let us complain in piece

[quote name='nategator']Wanted to share a nice CAG-style Christmas story. Like I said before, I traded Skyrim, a game that is probably averaging 12.50-13 right now for WD, which was selling for $10, in large part because I wanted to share some Christmas cheer and I had a spare key. Well, that same guy gave me a great trade for Alan Wake even though he totally didn't have to.

Sure, it's not as generous as what some of you great folks do with Steamgifts. But a really cool act nonetheless. And yet another example why I really enjoy this great community of gamers.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='bob_793']I just bought a seagate 7200rpm 2TB 6gb/s on sale for 79.
I was running on a single 500gb going to port all the stuff over and use that as more spare space or put it in my server.[/QUOTE]

online? time to head to pcpartchecker...

Castle Crashers
Jet Grind Radio
Sonic Adventure 2
Tomb Raider Anniversary

Been a pretty slow sale for me, but there's still quite a few things on my list that haven't gone on sale. Kickin' myself for missing the Deus EX flash sale.

[quote name='Broken Cage']
If you want to poop your pants, I'd recommend Condemned: Bloodshot or Dead Space[/QUOTE]

Or the Sims. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up, this is the price I wanted it at. Will probably go with the CE too for the soundtrack.

I passed on DR2 Complete as well, but only cuz I bought the base during the Autumn sale...wanted OTR but with all the DLC it would be $10 combined anyways. Hats off to Capcom tho.

& I got a 4TB HDD fpr $200 about a month ago. Been great not having to worry about space but some games don't work on it, so I still have some games on my old WD 1TB. These games include OMD1, Dead Island, Darksiders, DR2, and JC2. Was a pain in the ass wondering what was wrong with them at first, but the trend developed as I was attempting to play all 'em.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']You where pants while playing games? 8-[[/QUOTE]
Grammer nazi mode - wear* lol. love that smiley tho. & 3rd-person games are never really scary imo, FP does make it tense tho.

Wondering what to use this Amazon 2K credit on...

Fable
Silverfall 1&2
Garshasp 1&2
Beat Hazard
Race WTCC
Race 07
Critter Crunch
Monk Island Special Edition bundle
Garry's Mod
Ys Origin
Darksider franchise (Amazon)
Dreamcast Pack (amazon)
Fallout collection
Heretic/Hexen pack
Dead island GOTY (Amazon)
Penny Arcade combo + 3rd game
Mount & Blade collection
All 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R games
Oblivion GOTY Deluxe
They Bleed Pixels Collector's Edition
Half Minute Hero
Tomb raider collection
Max Payne bundle
Batman Arkham pack (amazon)
Terraria
Castle Crashers +DLC
Sid Meier's Civilization III
Dead rising 2 complete Pack
Sine Mora (Green Man Gaming)

[quote name='MC Kage'] 3rd-person games are never really scary imo, FP does make it tense tho.
[/QUOTE]

I suppose it depends on how atrocious the camera is.

Sweet, just snagged teh KoA:R bundle @ GG and was gifted Legend of Grimrock.

And it's snowing like mad and I don't have to go out in it...BONUS!

Nice day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back