The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='theemadgamer']Sweet, just snagged teh KoA:R bundle @ GG and was gifted Legend of Grimrock.

And it's snowing like mad and I don't have to go out in it...BONUS!

Nice day!![/QUOTE]

That really is the ultimate bonus of the day.

It's a fucking blizzard out and I get to stay in and watch it out the window while I play videogames.

[quote name='crabbit']My sale recap -- this is my very first winter sale, so I was a little clueless and probably spent too much on certain titles:

Steam:
Spellforce Platinum Edition 2.49
Jade Empire: 3.74
Fable - The Lost Chapters: 2.49
Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle: 3.74
Torchlight II: 7.50
TOTAL: 19.96

Amazon:
Bioshock 1/2 & Spec Ops Bundle: 4.99 (with coupon)
LEGO Lord of the Rings: 7.50
Scribblenauts Unlimited: 7.50
TOTAL: 19.99

GamersGate:

Bethesda Pack: 28.76
Alan Wake's American Nightmare: 1.00 (with blue coins)
TOTAL: 29.76

I actually set aside $200 for this sale but didn't really find much that I wanted... guess it'll go into the fund for my first summer sale![/QUOTE]

I don't see you overpaying anywhere. Maybe you could have waited for some add'l price drops, but it's always a decision of cost vs. how long you want to wait to play.

Cannot find one thing you purchased which I saw for less in the past 3 months plus some excellent deals there too. :applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Eldredpe']That really is the ultimate bonus of the day.

It's a fucking blizzard out and I get to stay in and watch it out the window while I play videogames.[/QUOTE]

Too bad Dead Space 3 isn't out, then things could get really scary.

[quote name='starscream1101']online? time to head to pcpartchecker...[/QUOTE]
I just checked. it was the BF deal at newegg 69.99... Srry
I didnt a bit of digging and found 2 TB drives have been on sale for 90$.

Scribblenauts Unlimited
Deadlight
Retro City Rampage
Tiny & Big (GMG)
Binary Domain
Unmechanical
I Am Alive

Probably gonna get Giana Sisters by the end of the sale.

Steam
Dead Rising 2
Deadlight
Rayman Origins
Jet Set Radio
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
The Walking Dead
Binary Domain
Ys Origin
Blades of Time

GMG
Devil May Cry 4
Sleeping Dogs
Borderlands 2 Creature Slaughterdome
Borderlands 2 Collectors Edition DLC

GG
Bethesda Pack

I had Condemned in my cart but I forgot it was a flash sale and I missed it, I guess it will be back since they are repeating sale every 2 days.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']This sale is crap!
This sale blows!
Worst steam sale E V A R!
What a Steam-ing pile of crap sale!

...so, what has everyone bought so far?

:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Purchased 11 steamable games. 0 actually from Steam.

Yep, the Steam Winter sale still blows. ;)

But we gotta lot of days left and I'm hoping for an awesome deal on a 2K game from Steam before 12/31!!

[quote name='Neuro5i5']This sale is crap!
This sale blows!
Worst steam sale E V A R!
What a Steam-ing pile of crap sale!

...so, what has everyone bought so far?

:rofl:[/QUOTE]

You just summed up half of this thread.

the other half being:

F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5
F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5
F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5
F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5
F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5

We're posting our hauls already? Here's mine:

Darksiders Franchise Pack (Amazon)
Scribblenauts Unlimited (Amazon)
LEGO Lord of the Rings (Amazon)
Bethesda Pack (Gamersgate)
Alan Wake's American Nightmare (Gamersgate)
Tomb Raider Collection
Dead Rising 2 Complete Pack

Probably going to buy at least one Sims 3 expansion pack today. Motoki mentioned that Sims 3: Medieval is super cheap in Australia. Is that still the case? If so, is there anyone able to get it that price?

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Toast and muffins. You people disgust me.[/QUOTE]

+1 Muffins.

Some people like cupcakes better. I, for one, care less for them.
[quote name='perfectsil']if I want to get one of the Thief games, which one should I get?[/QUOTE]

If you just want one, you're doing it wrong. (Extremely helpful, aren't I?)

The Sims Medieval is $2.19 in the Aussie Store, anyone interested in picking one up for a even $3USD drop me a pm. I have work in about 2 hours.

Anyone with Marketplace feedback of 50 or more, $2.19 will be fine.

For once I actually purchased more games outside of Steam (GMG, Amazon, GamersGate), which tells me that Steam needs to step up their game. I did, however, get Dead Rising 2 Complete, KOTOR 2, and Max Payne Bundle on Steam.

Tempted by Tropico 4 it looks like a great game but there's a ton of DLC and I know at some point there will be a "collection" pack with all of the DLC for $5 :lol:

Also the Borderlands 2 Season pass really needs to go on sale. Oh and the steam version of Kingdoms of Amalur while they are at it.

Can't believe I come back from lunch a few minutes late, and already missed the Wireless Xbox controller deal from Amazon. The other thread said it sold out in 6 minutes flat.

[quote name='InfenroIII']What about Modern times DLC? is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

I think so. It's the only one that is really worth it imho. It adds a lot of new modern buildings with various functions.

Note though that you can't access them early on in the game. They come into play in the later years.

So far......

Steam

SRT Complete $7.49
DAW Complete $9.99

AMAZON
Scribblenauts $7.99
The Waling Dead $12.49
Guild Wars 2 $29.99

GG
Bethesda Pack - $30.00
Stardock Pack - $20.00
Kingdoms of Amalur Bundle - $14.99
Dungeons and Dragons Anthology - $4.74

[quote name='nategator']Any1 try playing Walking Dead with the intel HD 2000 graphics?

Video card is in the shop and trying to figure out whether I should wait.[/QUOTE]

I've played it on AMD Vision Integrated Graphics and it runs fine. The game isn't configured well so it's a bit taxing and can be laggy for people even with a dedicated card, but I haven't had any issues.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I suppose it depends on how atrocious the camera is.[/QUOTE]

Lol true. & Dead Space is definitely horrific so that's another.

Steam:
-Jade Empire ($3.74)
-Rainbow Six Vegas 2 ($2.50)
-Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 ($2.50)
-Dawn of War Franchise Pack (For DLC/$10)
-Chivalry: Medieval Warfare ($9/JakeNome)

Amazon:
-2K Shooter Pack (Pre-2K promo.../$10)
-Nexius ($1)
-Scribblenauts Unlimited (Gift/$7.50)
-SR3 Full (For DLC/$2.50)
-Dreamcast Pack ($5)
-Gonna use the 2K Promo so something else 2K ($5)

Other:
-HIB VII NBTA ($1)
-Bethesda Pack (GG/$29) [Sold Skyrim/FO3]
-HIB V SMB/Lone Surv./Braid (Gift/$3.29)
-Alan Wake's American Nightmare (GG/1,888 Blue Coins)
-Sleeping Dogs Nightmare in North Point DLC (GMG/$3.29)
-Alan Wake CE (GMG/$6)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jshackles']A special thank you to whatever 225 nameless people "claimed" the lightning deal but backed out. :)[/QUOTE]
Oh good, so you were able to get one on the waitlist then? I would of rather gotten it for $30, but $35 is the best I can probably hope for in the short term and matches the amazon low on camel X 3. Tried playing Bastion with a mouse and keyboard but it is SOOO irritating since you have to move diagonally to go "straight," now I can finally see what all the fuss is about.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Oh good, so you were able to get one on the waitlist then? I would of rather gotten it for $30, but $35 is the best I can probably hope for in the short term and matches the amazon low on camel X 3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I joined the wait list about 10 minutes after it was 100% claimed, and somehow still made it through! :applause:

$35 is a really good price considering it has the Microsoft-made wireless adapter, which for whatever reason they don't make any more. Even the Chinese knock-off receivers are $10-$15, so I think it's a good price.

[quote name='Tsel']How does The Sims 3 Medieval expansion work? Is it just a separate world that you play in?[/QUOTE]

EA Yanked it from Steam a while back for an unknown reason and there is currently no way to get it for the Steam version of the game AFAIK.

Still, for $2 and change for the base, I won't complain even if I can't get the expansion.

[quote name='jatan11t']Sims Medieval $2 in the Australian steam store? Sure would like a copy.[/QUOTE]

There's someone in the Steam Trade thread selling them. He's only accepting Paypal though, which unfortunately I can't do. Anyone mind buying an extra copy and I'll pay you with Amazon gift card? PM me.

So is the Sims that good? It's always looked super interesting. Does it have long playability or just a short run till it gets boring?

[quote name='INCyr']Wondering if we're not going to see a daily/flash for Trine. That'd be a shame.
[/QUOTE]

IF you mean the first Trine, I still have a giftable copy lingerin' around. Want it for two dolla fifteh?

That said, no deals for me today. Arma II is interesting but since those moneyhoggin' barfs won't sell it under 12,50 euros it's no deal. Not worth a mod that's still in alpha phase.

Also here's my haul:

Saints Row 3 Complete: 7,50

[quote name='guardian_owl']Jade Empire was the last deal the day before the sale started.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

To activate Hunted: The Demon's Forge and DOOM 3 BFE, or sell...

[quote name='Motoki']EA Yanked it from Steam a while back for an unknown reason and there is currently no way to get it for the Steam version of the game AFAIK.

Still, for $2 and change for the base, I won't complain even if I can't get the expansion.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, all this time I didn't even realize it was a standalone game.

[quote name='Tsel']Oh wow, all this time I didn't even realize it was a standalone game.[/QUOTE]

Oh you mean Sims Medieval itself? Yes it's stand alone, not a Sims 3 expansion.

Sims Medieval has its own expansion called Pirates and Nobles but that is the one I was referring to that got yanked from Steam.

Deponia looks interesting. Capcom is putting up some surprisingly good discounts. Color me impressed. Operation Raccoon City's retail shouldn't be $49.99 though.

[quote name='Motoki']Oh you mean Sims Medieval itself? Yes it's stand alone, not a Sims 3 expansion.

Sims Medieval has its own expansion called Pirates and Nobles but that is the one I was referring to that got yanked from Steam.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all this time I thought Medieval was just another expansion pack to the Sims 3. That's why I asked how it worked since I wasn't sure if it was a separate world when you loaded up the game or if it would just override your current game. That explain why I could never find it by searching 'Sims 3 Medieval'.

[quote name='MC Kage']Yep.

To activate Hunted: The Demon's Forge and DOOM 3 BFE, or sell...[/QUOTE]

Hunted was an awesome game on the 360 imo. If the pc port holds up I highly recommend it. I know I would buy it if i had some spare cash laying around.

Oh btw, if anyone sees a bargain in the EU version of Steam where you'd get ripped off in dollars, don't hesitate to drop me a PM. We'll work it out.

[quote name='emwearz']The Sims Medieval is $2.19 in the Aussie Store, anyone interested in picking one up for a even $3USD drop me a pm. I have work in about 2 hours.

Anyone with Marketplace feedback of 50 or more, $2.19 will be fine.[/QUOTE]

To any ass hats (been 2 so far) who are thinking of adding me to steam and saying they have paid already, I ask everyone to include their CAG when paying and always ask for their fullname in the steam client before sending games.

Stop wasting both of our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back